Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mopsmum wrote:
Yet another confused poster here.
We are due to go to France on 6Feb. All adults jabbed and boosted, but we have a 16 year old granddaughter.
She has had the first two jabs but not the booster.
16 year olds fall into a no jab land and are not eligible for boosters
Will the two jabs be sufficient? (hope so, no idea what we will do if they are not)
What paperwork do we need for her please?
Antigen tests ordered for us all.


She'll need to download the NHS app to have the travel pass. No need for her to have had a booster.

I'd personally recommend you all also download the TousAntiCovid app and scan your NHS passes into it. It's not mandatory to do that, but I think it's better to have the version of the country you're visiting.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you, 7ncj, for the reassurance about just having two jabs.
It was announced this evening (if you can believe the Daily Wail) that from tomorrow 16 year olds will be boostered, but it has to be three months after their second vaccination, which does not work for our grand daughter. However it sounds as if we will be OK with her two jabs.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="dklemm"]
ster wrote:

I think you should find another thread or bridge to hide under.


Sorry its taken a while for me to get back to you. I dont hide under bridges. As you may find as this is an open forum you at times get contrary views to yours, whether you like/expect them or not, and without them this place just becomes an echo chamber (which does suit some people). Shouting them down doesnt really advance your arguments.

For what its worth, I sympathise with your travel predicament, we have had 2 years worth of ski trips now cancelled as well as birthday trips and not being able toi visit relatives, also delays to our teenager vaccinations, so we have to work with those issues for the next planned ski trip if it comes off. If a ski trip is your biggest worry in this pandemic then hopefullly you aren't doing too badly during it.

I beleive the 12 week gap that was recommended by the JVCI as it may "extend the length of time your protection will last after the second dose." and "as a precaution, the JCVI believes that a gap of 8 to 12 weeks may reduce the risk of more serious but rare side effects, like myocarditis."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-resources-for-children-and-young-people/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-to-a-second-dose-for-young-people-aged-16-to-17

They seem like sound reasons for the 12 week gap, especially if it lengthens the protection in the long run, this being the most important thing?

Good luck with your hunt for an earlier vaccination as it seems there is some discretion possible from the comments I have read here, should you convince a local vaccination centre.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="ster"]
dklemm wrote:
ster wrote:

I think you should find another thread or bridge to hide under.


Sorry its taken a while for me to get back to you. I dont hide under bridges. As you may find as this is an open forum you at times get contrary views to yours, whether you like/expect them or not, and without them this place just becomes an echo chamber (which does suit some people). Shouting them down doesnt really advance your arguments.

For what its worth, I sympathise with your travel predicament, we have had 2 years worth of ski trips now cancelled as well as birthday trips and not being able toi visit relatives, also delays to our teenager vaccinations, so we have to work with those issues for the next planned ski trip if it comes off. If a ski trip is your biggest worry in this pandemic then hopefullly you aren't doing too badly during it.

I beleive the 12 week gap that was recommended by the JVCI as it may "extend the length of time your protection will last after the second dose." and "as a precaution, the JCVI believes that a gap of 8 to 12 weeks may reduce the risk of more serious but rare side effects, like myocarditis."

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-resources-for-children-and-young-people/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-to-a-second-dose-for-young-people-aged-16-to-17

They seem like sound reasons for the 12 week gap, especially if it lengthens the protection in the long run, this being the most important thing?

Good luck with your hunt for an earlier vaccination as it seems there is some discretion possible from the comments I have read here, should you convince a local vaccination centre.



Opposing views I'm fine with but pointless snipes "obscenity filters', "1st world problems" "wasting vaccinators time" and "guilt tripping people over risking their children's health". These are just trolling not helping anyone your own ego maybe.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, My youngest child had his 12th birthday on dec 17th. the PS rules say 12 plus 2 months. Does that mean he does not require the PS till the end of feb? Hoping he will be in as only had first vax dose today and has had covid 12 weeks beforehand.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bronc666 wrote:
Hi, My youngest child had his 12th birthday on dec 17th. the PS rules say 12 plus 2 months. Does that mean he does not require the PS till the end of feb? Hoping he will be in as only had first vax dose today and has had covid 12 weeks beforehand.


I think officially it will be 17th Feb. The 2 months is there to allow them time to be vaccinated.

Unfortunately for us in the UK the gap is longer and slower to get the paperwork, also we don't have an official way to demonstrate previous infection. It sucks because your child would be allowed to get the pass but can't because the systems are not in place.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
First post for me .....Is it not possible to complete daily anitgen tests taken with us that provide a QR code?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Busymum wrote:
First post for me .....Is it not possible to complete daily anitgen tests taken with us that provide a QR code?


No, because France don’t recognise tests taken anywhere other than pharmacies.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tele wrote:
It is now possible for 12+ year olds (in Scotland) to log in and generate a QR code using the NHS Scotland covid status app.
My eldest has a code for the single vaccination, and another for recovery from covid. (Similar to my account, which has 3x codes from 3x vaccines).
I have imported the codes into the French 'anticovid' app, and 2 codes have been generated there also (no idea which qr code they will want to see,.. Will deal with that later.

So good news for people in Scotland with 12+ year olds that want to travel. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon for rUK - it really shouldn't be difficult for them to sort this out..


Can you let me know how you imported the codes from the NHS Scotland app into the French app? I have the NHS Scotland app and don't see any option to print/export the QR code!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My ski agents says different! I need to look into this further and report back x
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi zikomo,
I had the qr code on the downloaded certificate from NHS Scotland Inform onto another device then on the French app clicked on the Scan a qr code button and it was able to read and save as a certificate.
Good luck
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Can you let me know how you imported the codes from the NHS Scotland app into the French app? I have the NHS Scotland app and don't see any option to print/export the QR code!

My son's iPhone lets him screenshot the qr and use it, on my android I have had to take a photo using another device then scan into Euro apps.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apologies for the question but having tried to follow this as closely as I can the last few weeks I'm probably more confused now than ever! We have a self organised trip planned to France at Feb half term with another family. We've sat tight on stuff waiting to see how it plays out but now I am being pushed to complete payment of our accommodation. The adults will all be fully jabbed and boostered and our teenage daughter will have had both doses well in advance of the trip.

The other families son will only have had one dose though and given other discussions on here around trying to shorten the timescale between doses - doesn't look like he can address that in time.

Am I right understanding the current situation to be as follows:
French made an announcement the other week that seemed to to suggest things were open up again and that teenagers could come in on their parents vaccination status (lift access etc then subject to Pass. sanitaire or Vac.pass requirements). Wording re Britain however, appears to be vague and it is currently unconfirmed if over 12's without both doses would be given access?

If this is the case is there any indication on when greater clarity may be forthcoming or is that also not clear at the moment?

I don't know if others had trips booked with larger operators for instance and wondered what they were being told.

Thanks


Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Mon 17-01-22 11:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I am in a similar boat to you, my Travel Agent is under the impression minors can travel with a fully vaccinated adult. It shows this on the UK gov site and the resort website, but I am yet to 'hear' it from the French.
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
felstead wrote:

Am I right understanding the current situation to be as follows:
French made an announcement the other week that seemed to to suggest things were open up again and that teenagers could come in on their parents vaccination status (lift access etc then subject to Pass. sanitaire or Vac.pass requirements). Wording re Britain however, apepars to be vague and it is currently uncofirmed if over 12's without both doses would be given access?

Actually it's not just the wording re Britain. The wording is the same for all French categories (green/amber/red/scarlet/UK). It is the same wording that existed in the summer, when I know from personal experience that entry to France for >=12y olds was not judged by their own vaccine status, but by that of their accompanying adult. That - coupled with the advice to that effect from both the UK government and Eurostar - is why I am pretty confident that the same situation pertains now. But I can't say it is completely free from doubt.

felstead wrote:

If this is the case is there any indication on when greater clarity may be forthcoming or is that also not clear at the moment?

Since the French have been using this wording for many months, I doubt they're going to change or clarify it. I will take comfort when I start hearing that UK visitors are now being allowed into France with less-than-double-jabbed 12-15y olds, which I haven't heard yet.

felstead wrote:

I dodn't know if others had trips booked with larger operators for instacne and wondered what they were being told.

My small-ish tour operator declares on its website that full vaccination is required even for >=12y olds! Haven't tackled them yet on why they say this...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@felstead and @busymum I'm in the same situation, I'm in the process of sorting eurotunnel and confirming accommodation but really need confirmation that a minor mirroring their parents vaccination status is under 18 (and not under 12).
I can see it being stated in varying webpages etc and really helpful detail on morzine source re guidance but I'd really like to see it officially as have an absolute dread of arriving at eurotunnel and being told my teenagers can't travel!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've noticed on the crystal website they are stating they are awaiting confirmation so I'm keeping an eye on that as it seems to be updated frequently and I'm guessing as a largish operator that when they publish the guidance it 'should' be accurate.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Busymum, It confirms that minors can travel with Vaxed parents on :

the French Gov site here (Travel To/From UK): https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Attestation-de-deplacement-et-de-voyage#from2
"Les mesures appliquées aux adultes vaccinés s’étendent dans les mêmes conditions aux mineurs les accompagnant, qu’ils soient vaccinés ou non."

and also Embassy site here: https://uk.ambafrance.org/Conditions-de-deplacement
Specific section on travelling with children: " Les mesures appliquées aux adultes vaccinés s’étendent dans les mêmes conditions aux mineurs les accompagnant, qu’ils soient vaccinés ou non (pas de motif impérieux et pas d’isolement)"

Google translate will help with those pages if you don't speak French.

Note. this is only for entry.
Pass Sanitaire is different. And seeing your post above about LFT in resort, if I were you, I would double and triple check with your agent about UK self-test being acceptable for PS. And ask them how UK self-test LFT generate the right barcode for PS. (Currently, they don't)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The problem stems from this page:

"For unvaccinated minors under 12 years, the vaccine status of their parents or accompanying guardians shall apply."

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/

But the legal text here doesn't say a minor is under 12:

"The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors, whether or not they are vaccinated."

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel

unoffial views

Exemption applies to 12-17

Britich Airways, EuroTunnel, Me

Exemption applies to <12
independent - Simon Calder https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/simon-calder-travel-questions-french-b1993534.html
Maybe Prince Andrew?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well you only live once - so we have have decided to go ahead with our trip to Morzine via Geneva
Have a Gp letter of recovery and print of first vaccine dose . I guess its going to be daily testing unless we can sweet talk the pharmacist .

Out of curiosity has anyone managed to gain proxy access to the NHS app ? If so does the certificate of recovery show the elusive QR code ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yep. I see that, but if I had to lay money on it (and I do because I have teens travelling at HT Laughing ), I'd say that isolated page in English is just suffering from translation issues compared to all the others.

The amba page has the following:

* Les mesures appliquées aux adultes vaccinés s’étendent dans les mêmes conditions aux mineurs les accompagnant, qu’ils soient vaccinés ou non (pas de motif impérieux et pas d’isolement)
* Les mineurs non vaccinés accompagnés d’un adulte non vacciné sont soumis aux mêmes règles de déplacement que les adultes non vaccinés (test PCR/antigénique avant le départ de moins de 24h, motif impérieux, attestation sur l’honneur, plateforme numérique et isolement à l’arrivée).
* Les enfants de moins de douze ans sont dispensés de test dans tous les cas.


So minors adopt parent status, and <12 don't need to do any test in any case. I know Macron is "somewhat keen" on vaccinating, but the main pages (in French at least) seem fairly clear.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
T'internet thinks a minor, in France, is under the age of 18.

https://www.protection-of-minors.eu/en/country/FR

As the situation is somewhat unclear, 1st hand experience would be invaluable!

Has anyone actually entered France since Jan 14th with a non-vaccinated 12-15 year old?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spex wrote:
Well you only live once - so we have have decided to go ahead with our trip to Morzine via Geneva
Have a Gp letter of recovery and print of first vaccine dose . I guess its going to be daily testing unless we can sweet talk the pharmacist .

Out of curiosity has anyone managed to gain proxy access to the NHS app ? If so does the certificate of recovery show the elusive QR code ?


I have linked access to both my children's records on the NHS app. Both children have had positive PCR results and one jab. No confirmation or detail on this, let alone a qr code / travel pass is available. My vaccines and negative PCR tests are showing on my records through the app.

Predictably my soon to be double jabbed and soon to be 16 year old isn’t coming skiing this year, but my 12 year old who hopefully will get his second jab exactly 7 days before we leave is coming …. and currently we’re going to be entirely reliant on the NHS letter arriving before we set off, otherwise it’ll be daily lateral flow tests or switch to a Swiss resort.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
7ncj wrote:
my 12 year old who hopefully will get his second jab exactly 7 days before we leave is coming …. and currently we’re going to be entirely reliant on the NHS letter arriving before we set off, otherwise it’ll be daily lateral flow tests or switch to a Swiss resort.

Are you planning to apply for letter as soon as he is jabbed? My understanding was that that is not possible, and that you have to wait 5 days. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/ says:
"To apply for a letter for travel abroad, you need to:
- be 12 or over
- wait 5 days after you're fully vaccinated"
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yak wrote:
7ncj wrote:
my 12 year old who hopefully will get his second jab exactly 7 days before we leave is coming …. and currently we’re going to be entirely reliant on the NHS letter arriving before we set off, otherwise it’ll be daily lateral flow tests or switch to a Swiss resort.

Are you planning to apply for letter as soon as he is jabbed? My understanding was that that is not possible, and that you have to wait 5 days. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/ says:
"To apply for a letter for travel abroad, you need to:
- be 12 or over
- wait 5 days after you're fully vaccinated"


Oh poo (sorry , thanks!). Yes that had been my plan. That’s annoying as the NHS app with my details has updated within hours of getting a jab. Fingers crossed they’ll roll out an online method for 12 to 15 year olds soon.

Switzerland or looking to get the gap between jabs reduced further then Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Simon Calder has just issued an urgent update on access for children aged 12-17. Believe he was waiting for this from the French tourism guys in France. They can enter France with no need to prove vaccination if they accompany a fully jabbed adult. Test required though and need to obtain passe sanitaire.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
7ncj wrote:
yak wrote:
7ncj wrote:
my 12 year old who hopefully will get his second jab exactly 7 days before we leave is coming …. and currently we’re going to be entirely reliant on the NHS letter arriving before we set off, otherwise it’ll be daily lateral flow tests or switch to a Swiss resort.

Are you planning to apply for letter as soon as he is jabbed? My understanding was that that is not possible, and that you have to wait 5 days. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/ says:
"To apply for a letter for travel abroad, you need to:
- be 12 or over
- wait 5 days after you're fully vaccinated"


Oh poo (sorry , thanks!). Yes that had been my plan. That’s annoying as the NHS app with my details has updated within hours of getting a jab. Fingers crossed they’ll roll out an online method for 12 to 15 year olds soon.

Switzerland or looking to get the gap between jabs reduced further then Embarassed


My daughter had her 2nd jab a week last Thursday, it was showing on her nhs records on the Friday morning (I have proxy access so can view her medical records), letter requested via nhs.uk website the same morning and received last Thursday after being dispatched on Monday - so took 7 days from actual jab to receiving the letter with required qr codes. Think they say wait 5 days to allow for the system to update but if you know it’s on the records there’s no issue. Also be advised the letter and qr codes are only valid for 30 days
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kettonskimum wrote:
Simon Calder has just issued an urgent update on access for children aged 12-17. Believe he was waiting for this from the French tourism guys in France. They can enter France with no need to prove vaccination if they accompany a fully jabbed adult. Test required though and need to obtain passe sanitaire.


Thanks for the update. Glad he's finally 'joined the party' (probably not the right choice of words at the moment) as so many individuals and companies seemed to be taking his word as gospel.

The cynic in me, wonders if it was a way of selling more papers / generating more clicks or perhaps it was play ultra safe then provide good news?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
andmelffion wrote:
7ncj wrote:
yak wrote:
7ncj wrote:
my 12 year old who hopefully will get his second jab exactly 7 days before we leave is coming …. and currently we’re going to be entirely reliant on the NHS letter arriving before we set off, otherwise it’ll be daily lateral flow tests or switch to a Swiss resort.

Are you planning to apply for letter as soon as he is jabbed? My understanding was that that is not possible, and that you have to wait 5 days. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/ says:
"To apply for a letter for travel abroad, you need to:
- be 12 or over
- wait 5 days after you're fully vaccinated"


Oh poo (sorry , thanks!). Yes that had been my plan. That’s annoying as the NHS app with my details has updated within hours of getting a jab. Fingers crossed they’ll roll out an online method for 12 to 15 year olds soon.

Switzerland or looking to get the gap between jabs reduced further then Embarassed


My daughter had her 2nd jab a week last Thursday, it was showing on her nhs records on the Friday morning (I have proxy access so can view her medical records), letter requested via nhs.uk website the same morning and received last Thursday after being dispatched on Monday - so took 7 days from actual jab to receiving the letter with required qr codes. Think they say wait 5 days to allow for the system to update but if you know it’s on the records there’s no issue. Also be advised the letter and qr codes are only valid for 30 days


Thanks that's reassuring. I have to make a final decision 14 days before we go, otherwise I'll end up paying for accommodation in France, Austria and Switzerland!
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kettonskimum wrote:
Simon Calder has just issued an urgent update on access for children aged 12-17. Believe he was waiting for this from the French tourism guys in France. They can enter France with no need to prove vaccination if they accompany a fully jabbed adult. Test required though and need to obtain passe sanitaire.


That is great news - presumably there will be others confirming shortly too. Assuming it's accurate then at least we'll get in - thankfully my kids won't need to faff around with tests etc but I think that's a small price to pay. So exciting to be (hopefully) hitting the slopes again!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
felstead wrote:
kettonskimum wrote:
Simon Calder has just issued an urgent update on access for children aged 12-17. Believe he was waiting for this from the French tourism guys in France. They can enter France with no need to prove vaccination if they accompany a fully jabbed adult. Test required though and need to obtain passe sanitaire.


That is great news - presumably there will be others confirming shortly too. Assuming it's accurate then at least we'll get in - thankfully my kids won't need to faff around with tests etc but I think that's a small price to pay. So exciting to be (hopefully) hitting the slopes again!


Just a heads up this is for entry only, 12-17 unvaccinated still need daily testing for ski passes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
felstead wrote:
kettonskimum wrote:
Simon Calder has just issued an urgent update on access for children aged 12-17. Believe he was waiting for this from the French tourism guys in France. They can enter France with no need to prove vaccination if they accompany a fully jabbed adult. Test required though and need to obtain passe sanitaire.


That is great news - presumably there will be others confirming shortly too. Assuming it's accurate then at least we'll get in - thankfully my kids won't need to faff around with tests etc but I think that's a small price to pay. So exciting to be (hopefully) hitting the slopes again!


They will also need testing for entry.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@haveagoskiers, @scottishandy, Thanks both. Probably easiest to get a download from NHS Inform and scan that. Seems strange that they did not build a save to wallet capability into the app though!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/uk-travel-france-rules-latest-b1992181.html

Updated article from Simon Calder
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
dklemm wrote:
felstead wrote:
kettonskimum wrote:
Simon Calder has just issued an urgent update on access for children aged 12-17. Believe he was waiting for this from the French tourism guys in France. They can enter France with no need to prove vaccination if they accompany a fully jabbed adult. Test required though and need to obtain passe sanitaire.


That is great news - presumably there will be others confirming shortly too. Assuming it's accurate then at least we'll get in - thankfully my kids won't need to faff around with tests etc but I think that's a small price to pay. So exciting to be (hopefully) hitting the slopes again!


Just a heads up this is for entry only, 12-17 unvaccinated still need daily testing for ski passes.


Thanks - all understood. Mine will be fully vaccinated but other family have one who won't be.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Results of my letter to MP pre-Xmas finally arriveD in my in-box today. Relevant sentences from the DofHSC letter == We are aware that increasing numbers of countries are requiring children to demonstrate their COVID-19 status. Since 13 December, fully vaccinated 12 to 15-year-olds can access an NHS COVID Pass letter for international travel, which includes an internationally recognised 2D barcode. The letter can be requested at www.nhs.uk or by calling 119, and can take up to seven days to arrive. A digital solution, which will also be available at www.nhs.uk, will be rolled out soon.
We are keeping under review whether children aged 12 to 15 can provide evidence of their recent recovery from COVID-19 for overseas travel. ==nothing none of us did not know already!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ma94jcg wrote:
I get why everyone is worried. But the wording hasn’t changed since when we went on the 17th December. My teenagers weren’t double jabbed then under French law and there wasn’t a problem getting in

The French documentation is rubbish, but I am 100% sure that minors is this context is under 18s


*yawn* told you all…
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
And for those of you wanting the NHS letter for teens. We ordered it the day after 2nd jab, and it arrived within a week (although unfortunately after we had left for France)

2nd jab was on Sunday, requested the letter Monday evening. The jab didn’t appear on the linked profile until Wednesday. The NHS letter was printed on Thursday and arrived on Saturday (we unfortunately left for France on Thursday evening just before it locked down for UK based folks before Xmas. Fortunately the pharmacy in Val D was happy to take the linked profile as proof)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just thinking through fall back option f, in case we can't get my son his second jab or proof in time......

He's only just over 12 (& the 2 months leeway by the time we go).

Are u12s required to carry ID in France, or is 'J'ai onze ans,' in reality likely to be the only response needed?

This is for when in resort, not entering France!
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy