Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
ma94jcg wrote:
My kids were vaccinated on Sunday 12th December. Certificate was requested on the 13th December in the evening. It was dated Thursday 16th December and arrived on Monday 20th December

It has a 1 month expiry (same as the adult certificates)

Can I check that the certificate you get has a QR code on it?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NickyJ wrote:
ma94jcg wrote:
My kids were vaccinated on Sunday 12th December. Certificate was requested on the 13th December in the evening. It was dated Thursday 16th December and arrived on Monday 20th December

Yes it does.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ma94jcg, thankyou. Saw some comment which made me doubt this! Desperate to rebook a holiday for half term. On the verge of pressing. “Book now”, just trying to make sure all bases are covered!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Saw this comment on another thread about French restrictions. Anyone heard anything similar:

I was trying to follow the vax pass debate in France last night and I’m pretty sure they agreed to move the age limit from 12 up to 16.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In the unlikely event that the French rules remain as they are, here's how it worked over Xmas for us with a then single-dosed teenager:

2 weeks before trip - contacted local resort pharmacy to make booking for LFTs. Told to call back at T-3days
3 days before trip, called back, reserved first 3 days tests, told rest would be sorted on arrival
At first days test, booked rest. All tests were at 6pm, so fitted in well post-skiing/pre-dinner etc.

The results were send through as a text message link, which automatically took us to a page which could be uploaded into the French TAC app, and gave a QR code for the next 24hrs.

For ski lifts we were checked once in the first pre-Xmas week, but then every day for the next, busier, Xmas week.
We were checked twice for restaurants.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ma94jcg wrote:
NickyJ wrote:
ma94jcg wrote:

Yes it does.

Our 14 yr old also got second jab just before Xmas and I applied for the NHS cert as soon as it allowed me to…

Turned up today - two QR codes (first and second jabs).

I have tested using Italian VerificaC19 app , the French Tousanticovid app , the Swiss covid certificate app .

All work fine - green ticks all round.

The Tousanticovid app allows you to import the QR code into the app , for Italy , you can upload to your phone using the greenpass Italia app.

All too late for our Xmas trip but hoping now our Easter trip to Val d’isere might go ahead …
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kettonskimum1971, https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.20minutes.fr/amp/a/3210931
Not sure if this helps. The current passe sanitaire is staying in place up to 16 (ie giving the option to test). Not clear from the press reports if a private skiing trip by tourists falls into the category of sporting activities / extra curricular (PS applies) or private activities (PV applies and 12+ require full vaccination). The idea is not to disadvantage teens whose parents have not consented to vax for them and thereby exclude from their school activities and extra curriculars. No doubt all will be clarified in coming days.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just a quick question. Am I correct in assuming that the 12-15 year old QR code is still delivered via letter rather than digital?

If that's still the case, is there a timetable for roll out of the digital version?

All a bit tight for getting the relevant paperwork in place for the half term trip as the best date I can currently access for 2nd Vax is the 12th February
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JeanPaulValley wrote:
Just a quick question. Am I correct in assuming that the 12-15 year old QR code is still delivered via letter rather than digital?

If that's still the case, is there a timetable for roll out of the digital version?

All a bit tight for getting the relevant paperwork in place for the half term trip as the best date I can currently access for 2nd Vax is the 12th February

Yes that is correct and there is no date as of yet for a digitised version.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

JeanPaulValley wrote:

Yes that is correct and there is no date as of yet for a digitised version.

Thanks for the response much appreciated.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been watching this thread for a few weeks now as we have a 1/2 term trip booked to Morzine and my initial plan was to get my 14 year old double jabbed before we went and hope the various governments could sort out how he could show his status.

However both my kids had Covid over Xmas and now the eldest can't get his 2nd jab due to the 12 week gap between a positive test and 2nd jab. Does this mean we'd have to do the daily tests or given that he's recovering does that count as 'fully vaccinated ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think if you go to pharmacy they will convert a certificate of recovery / evidence from NHS of one covid jab and one positive PCR to a pass sanitaire. Some pharmacys will accept requests and paperwork sent over email in advance of your trip (but you have to collect paperwork in person in resort, they will not email certificates). There's some useful information online from Val D'Isee on this. I followed the link from this list:https://www.skisolutions.com/french-covid-health-pass

We have got flights to Turin booked for half term but don't think we will get around super green pass requirements (son has one jab and has recovered but we cannot get a QR code for VerifiC19 purposes). SO at the moment it seems we could get into Italy but he can't ski there, and we can't get in to France but son could ski there...! WHich makes me wonder - could we simply drive from italy into france? I think on other threads people have mentioned free movement across border without any checks.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Has anyone managed to get a GP to sign the necessary paperwork for proof of recovery for teens and has used it to get into Austria?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If so, did they charge an arm and a leg for doing so? Was it just a signature or was there also some kind of surgery stamp used? Trying to get ours to sign a proof of recovery cert is proving a bit tricky.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have been told by our hotel and the ski pass office that I will be able to get a Supergreen pass for skiing in Italy for my son who is 13 and within the 180 days recovery period and therefore only single jabbed. Without a QR code we will have to validate his pass in person every day at the ski pass office but I am told showing a proof of recovery certificate will be sufficient. I will take a (paid for) doctors letter and the NHS email confirming his positive PCR test. Unless things change we are still hoping to go ahead with our half term Italy ski trip. Obviously it would be great if our government decided to be helpful and allow our teenagers to have the digital QR code they are entitled to but it seems all is not lost if not.
ski holidays
Can I ask who you used for your paid for doctors letter for proof of recovery? Was it your GP or somewhere else? My 14 yo son has had no vaccines as he’s had covid twice, last time on Christmas Eve! Currently booked to go to France on Feb 19th, but if it’s still not possible we may book in Italy.
snow report
I haven’t got a letter yet but unless things change I’m going to have to pay for a private one. GP won’t write one for us and our practice has made it clear they won’t provide one even if we pay. I’ll leave it until nearer the time just in case the NHS digital app is made available to teens but otherwise I’ll probably get one from Medicspot or similar.
ski holidays
I am trying to get proxy access to my children health records for the NHS app which may show their recent test results. So will post again if I have any luck.

Has anyone tried a private medical company? As previous posts advise caution as their QR codes link to a website rather than an official proof of recovery.

Fingers crossed some common sense at the ski pass office might help.
ski holidays
huevohombre wrote:
I am trying to get proxy access to my children health records for the NHS app which may show their recent test results. So will post again if I have any luck.

Has anyone tried a private medical company? As previous posts advise caution as their QR codes link to a website rather than an official proof of recovery.

Fingers crossed some common sense at the ski pass office might help.

Our GP surgery took about 2 weeks, and much persuading, to link our daughters medical records to my NHS app. When linked you can see all their health records including immunisations and any test results that have been generated using a PCR test through the relevant government/nhs testing scheme. Your GP should also be able to give you a printed copy of the same information.
snow report
@andmelffion, how did you persuade them? When I requested it they just said “this is not a service we offer at this time but have registered your interest”. Wondering if there was a way I could force them?
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
@andmelffion, how did you persuade them? When I requested it they just said “this is not a service we offer at this time but have registered your interest”. Wondering if there was a way I could force them?

Basically just nagged them by saying I needed access to her medical records for a school trip she was undertaking and we had to prove she had already received 1 vaccine dose for the school insurance purposes. It took a while to find the right person at the surgery to deal with it as at first I was also blanked and told they couldn’t do it.
latest report
Re proxy access - I got it for all our kids (3) when we went to France skiing before Xmas. I had to fill in a form from the GP, handed that back and then followed it up with an email to confirm they had it/will process it. They then emailed back to confirm that I would have access and it appeared a few days later on my NHS app. But it was not the info that I needed to get the pass sanitaire in the end! For that we got a print out of the two teenagers first vaccine details from the GP reception (cards long since lost) - literally just a print out, not signed etc, of the jab details as you need the batch number, date, vaccine type etc (that does not appear on proxy access). It had the surgeries name/address but not on formal letterhead etc. Then for proof of recovery, we just needed to the NHS email that we got with their positive PCR test. Forwarded that onto the pharmacy and picked it up on the day we arrived, with proof of ID (passport) - think it cost about 70 Euros for the two. The 'certificate' was then a single piece of paper with the all important QR code on, that goes onto tous anti covid app (our phones and theirs) and they were 'covered'.
snow conditions
Apologies if this has been covered before but ive gone bag half a dozen pages and can't find the info required.
My daughter had her 2nd jab on Dec 15th so i am assuming see is eligable for a covid pass to use in France (if current restrictions are lifted).
How do i go about getting the letter with the all important QR code on it?
Do i phone up - if so what number?
Can i Apply online (prefered) - what site ?
Do i need to add her to my NHS app and use the QR codes through that or can she have her own Pass sanitarie account on her own phone?

Thanks very much and again sorry if this has been covered already
latest report
pbsmith wrote:
Apologies if this has been covered before but ive gone bag half a dozen pages and can't find the info required.
My daughter had her 2nd jab on Dec 15th so i am assuming see is eligable for a covid pass to use in France (if current restrictions are lifted).
Do i need to add her to my NHS app and use the QR codes through that or can she have her own Pass sanitarie account on her own phone?

you can ring 119
go to nhs.uk to order
for both you will need her NHS number
she can have her own pass sanitaire - just download the tous anti covid app to her phone
ski holidays
andmelffion wrote:
pbsmith wrote:

you can ring 119
go to nhs.uk to order
for both you will need her NHS number
she can have her own pass sanitaire - just download the tous anti covid app to her phone

Perfect thanks for you time Very Happy
ski holidays
Can I ask if any of you have come across this. My daughter tested positive on a fit to fly but apparently because they are a private test (used government advised circular one) the positive Covid does not show on the nhs app so cannot get a recovery certificate even if I call 119 ? Any ideas would be appreciated thanks
She is 16 so has the app
snow conditions
carla4221 wrote:
Can I ask if any of you have come across this. My daughter tested positive on a fit to fly but apparently because they are a private test (used government advised circular one) the positive Covid does not show on the nhs app so cannot get a recovery certificate even if I call 119 ? Any ideas would be appreciated thanks
She is 16 so has the app

Given that the private test won’t be on her NHS record it won’t prevent her getting her second jab either, and at 16 she can use any walk in. I’d be going that route if I were you.
latest report
A helpful heads up for parents of 16/17 year olds, may be common knowledge but we couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks to @DidierCouch for the tip.
If your teen has recovered from Covid recently and has had an NHS positive PCR in Scotland then your proof of recovery QR code is in the NHS Scotland Covid Status App and is compatible with Italian Super Green Pass (VerificaC19). It sits in International Travel section under your Vaccines along with record of all NHS PCR tests.
We spent 3 days of mates son not going on holiday due to not having this QR code (and unable to get 2nd vacc due to having had covid)- saved by Snowheads! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It’s not showing In her app it was a fit to fly tested positive and was contacted immediately by track and trace and public health England they have all the information on their website but say because it wasn’t carried out by the NHS it will not show in the app !
snow report
Thought it would be good to add this info -

The senators also voted to increase the age at which a vaccine pass would be required, from 16 to 18, with the health pass maintained for those aged 12 to 17.

So seems 12-15 will be able to keep health pass but that might increase to 17.
snow conditions
@L0ve2ski, which country is that?
snow conditions
@NickyJ,
France. Read it in the connexion.
snow report
L0ve2ski wrote:
@NickyJ,
France. Read it in the connexion.

Thanks. I was wondering what context in was in too.
ski holidays
There’s a live summary of the debate here: https://www.linternaute.com/sortir/guide-des-loisirs/2593119-pass-vaccinal-quelles-modifications-de-la-loi-par-le-senat/

For those bored and who can speak French. Or despite my A level French rely on iPad translation….
snow conditions
useful read here. lots of info re teenagers for france :
https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/covid-19-and-your-holiday-in-morzine-les-gets-or-avoriaz-this-winter/?fbclid=IwAR0e3oK1QWlimDcan0vy0LJHtubJdZftVoDcmkWKckizVSObHHPALMxjxpk
ski holidays
@pottercs2010, may I ask which resort and pharmacy accepted your evidence of recovery and issued pass sanitaire please? Grande Pharmacie in Morzine having none of it Sad
ski holidays
My understanding is all (12+) unvaccinated or partial vaccinated can only still on travel for essential reasons.

https://mobile.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements

So,
Teens can fly to Italy but can't Ski
Teens can ski in France (daily testing) but can fly drive
Teens can ski in Andorra (no requiremnts) but can't fly to Spain

I now have flight bookings, ship bookings, winter tyres bought and accomodation booked in 3 counties but still unable to complete a Holiday.

What an absolute cluster f* of regulations.
snow conditions
@dklemm,
Are you sure? If so that is a rule change as under 18’s travelling with their fully vaccinated parents are considered vaccinated for entry. (Not the same as getting pass sanitaire)
If a 12 plus was travelling alone and they were unvaccinated they would then be need to have a compelling reason and follow the unvaccinated rules.
This is for France btw.
snow report
Yes you correct I found this:

"The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors, whether or not they are vaccinated."

So this just applies to travel, they still need a daily test for skiing at the moment? But hopefully changing on 17th?
ski holidays
dklemm wrote:
Yes you correct I found this:

"The measures applied to vaccinated adults extend under the same conditions to accompanying minors, whether or not they are vaccinated."

So this just applies to travel, they still need a daily test for skiing at the moment? But hopefully changing on 17th?

Sorry- but I think you may be making an incorrect assumption here- I have only seen your quote above in a section in the French guidance which refers to people travelling to France from a country on France's 'red list' - so in this context "measures" refer to the list of compelling reasons for travel and quarantine requirements etc..

There is some confusion about UK being on the 'red list', and frustrating discrepancies about this between official French guidance and guidance on YouGov.

I have scoured the internet, official sites, twitter, facebook etc. and I really cannot find a definitive answer as to whether single vaccinated (or unvaccinated) 12-15 year olds can travel. Some places say yes, others say no, and others say that this information has not yet been released. So, borders are now open but we have no idea whether our son can travel. We really need some clarity but don't know where to look.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy