Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomiti superski 2021/2

Poster: A snowHead
@Peter S, Has the new telecabin from Pocol to Cinque Torri opened?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@jellylegs, carnt see it open on the map
https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Experience/Ski-areas/Cortina-d-Ampezzo/Ski-map
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was a post on facebook, perhaps yesterday, showing the new gondola in action.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Showing as Open from this page

https://www.dolomitisuperski.com/en/Experience/Ski-areas/Cortina-d-Ampezzo/Lifts
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you click ‘play’ on the right hand side of this webcam page you can see just how busy the summit at Kronplatz has been today.

https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c973/

It’s week five of their ski season and if it continues as well as this they will be happy…….and profitable !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
New safety regulations in Italy from 01/01/22 :: Not Covid !!! Wink

"New safety regulations
With the start of the new year 2022, some new safety regulations will come into force in ski areas.

Helmets will be compulsory for all minors involved in the most common winter sports, such as downhill skiing, snowboarding, telemark skiing, freestyle skiing and tobogganing.

In addition, every user of the ski areas must have third-party liability insurance. Those who do not have this insurance can buy it at the skipass offices or on the website dolomitisuperski.com even for single days, through the Dolomiti Superski partner.

Finally, it will be forbidden to ski in a state of drunkenness (the limits laid down in the Highway Code will be applied, i.e. 0.5 mg of alcohol per litre of blood) or under the influence of drugs.

We wish you a Happy New Year 2022 and start safely on our slopes.."
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chances of being breathalyzed on the way back from the Plan Boe, or the Birthday Party? Shocked rolling eyes

Probably not. Very Happy Very Happy Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks to drop sub zero again after the 4th January. Staying mainly dry with a normal diurnal range. Probably good news for the skiing.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Whats the third party insurnaence, im guessing Brits holiday insurance would cover that?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sarny wrote:
Whats the third party insurnaence, im guessing Brits holiday insurance would cover that?

Almost certainly but you would need to read the policy schedule to make sure.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just about to book to come to corvara on 9th. What are the conditions like please? I don’t see much snow forecast for the next few weeks. Thanks
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hopefully someone who is out there will be along soon to report on actual conditions.

In the meantime it looks good and so is the outlook.

Virtually all the lifts and most of the runs are open and prepared. Most of the pistes seem to have reached their seasonal
Target depths which I think means they don’t need any more snow to get through the rest of the season. High traffic areas that are liable to wear can be maintained through additional snow making.

The Dolomites avoided the recent rain so the skiing surfaces should still be dry despite the high temperatures over the last couple of days. It’s going colder next week but the weather still looks largely settled. There is a bit of snow possible on Wednesday which should improve things cosmetically. Have fun!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This time next week I will be on the plane, I am feeling like a child that cannot wait for Xmas to arrive. The 48 hrs pcr test is stressing me out, I am terrified that the results will arrive too late. Wish we were flying into Italy rather than Austria. The weather is looking amazing , let’s just hope the place is not going to be swamped by Russians (when I booked, I totally forgot that next week is their Xmas). Is any of you flying next Saturday to Innsbruck from Gatwick with Inghams?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Harrow lady wrote:
let’s just hope the place is not going to be swamped by Russians

I sincerely hope that your holiday in a foreign land (assuming your not Italian) is not in anyway affected/swamped by holiday makers from other foreign lands (especially in this case people from Russia). Shocked
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Peter S wrote:
Hopefully someone who is out there will be along soon to report on actual conditions.

In the meantime it looks good and so is the outlook.

Virtually all the lifts and most of the runs are open and prepared. Most of the pistes seem to have reached their seasonal
Target depths which I think means they don’t need any more snow to get through the rest of the season. High traffic areas that are liable to wear can be maintained through additional snow making.

The Dolomites avoided the recent rain so the skiing surfaces should still be dry despite the high temperatures over the last couple of days. It’s going colder next week but the weather still looks largely settled. There is a bit of snow possible on Wednesday which should improve things cosmetically. Have fun!

Thankyou
snow conditions
@Matrski, didn’t mean to be offensive, I just hope the slopes are not as busy as they were last time we went to selva
latest report
@Harrow lady, Hello, yes I am flying to Innsbruck with Inghams next Saturday and then on to Arabba. I quite agree about the stress. Will the test be positive and will it arrive it arrive in time? Will look out for any Russians!
snow report
@peter w, Arabba is too steep for me , we picked Alta badia and I am skipping the gran Risa this time around. Could I ask Peter which testing company have you chosen? we booked dam health , reviews are okish but I am having doubts.
snow conditions
Just booked a trip to Pozza di Fassa this morning with Crystal.

3* hotel, HB, flights, and transfer for £531 each, including 1 x ski bag. Can't knock that. Haven't been to the Dolomites since 2011, and really looking forward to returning, and it'll be the first time the GF has been to Italy full stop, so she's also looking forward to it, particularly all the pasta!

Fingers crossed nothing changes re rules and we can get over!
snow conditions
@Harrow lady, The testing company is SarielKent, they have facilities in Maidstone which is only 30 mins drive for me. There is not a huge choice in my area.
latest report
@swskier, I have never done val Di Fassa apart for canazei. I think from pozza you can ski 2 or 3 other ski areas , should be good, I like different sceneries. The price is unbeatable really, have a lovely time
ski holidays
Has anyone found out how you get your ski pass validated without a QR code? Daughter will be double jabbed but don’t know if nhs letter will have a QR code - other kids with us will have recovery letter from gp? Could someone lovely in the area find out pretty pretty please? I’ll buy you a drink when we get there!!!
snow conditions
Petra wrote:
Has anyone found out how you get your ski pass validated without a QR code? Daughter will be double jabbed but don’t know if nhs letter will have a QR code - other kids with us will have recovery letter from gp? Could someone lovely in the area find out pretty pretty please? I’ll buy you a drink when we get there!!!

Some friends of ours stayed in Selva over Christmas.

They had a teen with a recovery letter but it would not cut the mustard with the ski pass office (despite them emailing ahead of travel to say it would be OK rolling eyes ).

So you will have to get an in resort antigen test in a pharmacy or other approved test centre every 48 hours (was only 8 euros in Selva) which generates the code for a green pass to be able to apply to ski pass.
But it doesn't get you the super green pass so you won't be officially enter restaurants or bars (in practice , this is not super well enforced - just say your teen is under 12 ...).

Same might apply to your daughter unless QR code is compatible with the Italian system...

Your problem will be if they upgrade all requirements including ski lifts to super green...this you cannot get via testing.
snow conditions
Thanks for the reply - not good that ski pass office wouldn’t accept it! Hopefully area will stay yellow so that testing is usable for lifts! They must have a way of accepting non QR vaccination certificates though…she says hopefully!!!
ski holidays
@Harrow lady, have stayed in Pozza di Fassa twice on my only trips to the Dolomites. I'm in a different hotel this time, a bit closer to all the action*

Our fight gets in to Verona at 9am, so hoping to be in resort some time around 1ish, and then get up on to the slopes. The difference in cost between a 6 day and 7 day pass is tiny €305 vs €324 so for the extra €19 it's well worth us pre buying the 7 day lift pass, and if for some reason we don't make it to resort early enough, we won't have lost out much. If we do get there early enough, a couple of hours skiing for €19 is a bargain, and just enough time for the GF to get her ski legs back after 2 years off.

From what I can make out, we have to upload the QR code daily to activate our lift pass, and we can do that via the Dolomiti Superski app, so i've downloaded that today in preparation.

*there's not much action going on in Pozza, it's a pretty quiet village, but what bars/restaurants there are, we will be closer to.
https://www.sasmorin.it/en/
ski holidays
Petra wrote:
Thanks for the reply - not good that ski pass office wouldn’t accept it! Hopefully area will stay yellow so that testing is usable for lifts! They must have a way of accepting non QR vaccination certificates though…she says hopefully!!!

My understanding was Italy will require the super green pass for enclosed ski lifts (ie tests won’t cut it) from 10th January.

I hope I’ve misunderstood and/or they start accepting non qr code documentation if it is the case.

https://www.italy24news.com/News/320184.html
latest report
I hadn’t seen that - wonder if it applies to all areas or just orange?
latest report
bug just investigated does look like it applies to all areas - super green pass or nothing! Surely there must be some way to get them to recognize non eu certificates????
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It looks like it’s nationally - it also says it refers to hotels and accommodation as well. But if that’s the case I would have thought the tour operators would be alerting people.
ski holidays
You would think so wouldn’t you!!!
snow conditions
Here’s the decree (chrome will translate it for you) https://www.trovanorme.salute.gov.it/norme/dettaglioAtto?id=84795

It appears to show access to hotels (and catering within hotels), and outdoor restaurants would now also fall under the super green pass regs.
ski holidays
@Pejoli @Petra
The Gov.uk site seems to be up to date on this

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy/coronavirus#super

And , according to these posts The NHS app should work in Italy

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157544&start=200

No help of course if you can not get the QR code .......
snow report
Someone upthread said it stoped working for their son at some point and they had an issue Sad

Plus recovery certificate no QR code so no help.

Getting very fed up of this!
snow report
What's it like in Selva at the moment regarding the bars?

Any atmos? Or is it pretty dull?

I see they've refurbed the Irish Pub - I can't say I like the look of it. I used to love the smoking section in there, not that I'm a tabsman but it was nice, retro.
ski holidays
I am reading that the pre departure tests back to uk could be scrapped this week.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 3-01-22 10:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Really hope so, @Matrix, one less thing to worry about
latest report
Skiing question,
I am planning to do the hidden valley . Going to take the taxi from armentarola then ski the top part of cortina before doing the lovely laguzoi run. Looking at the map I can see that Col gallina and 5 torri are connected via the blue 8, but I cannot see a way back . Is there a bus ? Or are the two areas not connected and u need to get a taxi?
ski holidays
@Harrow lady, nice to have a skiing quetsion

its a bit convoluted first time but straightforward, from the Rifugio and car park at bai des Dones it's up lifts 4 then 5, over the top, part down run 90 (was a bit gnarly both times we did it), then off on the right to take lift 8 back over (very spectacular), down piste 92 (more of a track), and up lift 3 then ski over to the car park and gondola. (I have vague recollection you might have to go to the bottom of lift 2 and then lift 3)

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 3-01-22 12:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Harrow lady, Allow yourself about 90 minutes to do the Cinque Tori circuit and the Hidden Valley. There can often be a long queue at the cable car.

I'm hoping to do the top half of Cortina on the BBash, maybe on transfer day.

The new lift from Cortina will take a lot of trade from the local taxi companies. I suspect (hope) that there will be some transport available from the top of the lift, up to the pass, which would allow more time in Cortina. Worth checking on the way down.
snow report
albob wrote:
@wam15, You could try asking your question re lifts in 'chat' on the val gardena page?

https://www.valgardena.it/en/

So it's a delayed answer as I decided it was too far away to ask the question with everyhting moving so quickly and I had become convinced we werent going.

So yesterday I asked the alta badia tourist office as that's where were staying and got the response: Valid in alta badia only there is a 600 point card for 50 euros that's non transferable and can be green pass validated online or at ticket box/office.

Hope that helps someone else.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy