Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal Ski customer service

Poster: A snowHead
They have just changed are flights with out telling us !

Extra 9 hours plus a connection flight.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Billy steele, how do you know if they didn't tell you? Serious question.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My balance for a holiday on 12th March is due on 15th January so eight weeks before I go.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Billy steele,
Not to France or Italy I guess?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Email this morning from Crystal with an updated 8-digit booking reference number.

I can now access the manage my booking portal and there was a request to pay the balance by 13th. November for a 6th. January departure.

A result for me, as I now feel I am actually going Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Layne wrote:

On are booking they gave us are flight ref for Air Canada.

Went to upload API and showed that are flight was not direct and would have to use a connecting flight as well.

Crystal site still shows direct flight.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nemisis wrote:
@Billy steele,

Canada
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nemisis wrote:
@Billy steele,

Canada
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Layne wrote:

Went to upload API and showed that are flight was not direct and would have to use a connecting flight as well.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Layne wrote:

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Billy steele,
The only (extremely) small benefit of not being on a stop stop flight is that you clear customs and immigration at the point of entry (e.g. Toronto) and when you arrive at your final destination (e.g. Calgary) you only have to wait for the bags to appear on the carousel. However, 9 hours makes it sound like they are routing you via Vancouver and then back to Calgary.

Air Canada will have sent a message to Crystal for each booking within 24 hours of making the change, but some poor soul within Crystal has to read the massages, update the bookings and then someone else as to decide whether send out the updated bookings with a message on the invoice "please note change made by Air Canada" (do they know how to do that with their new system?) or to knock out a mailmerge letter and get that done.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
An extra 9 hours sounds outrageous and unacceptable.
Air Canada has been shifting internal flights about so it's possible that the change comes from there, but if you're
paying for a Tour Operator then I'd expect them to realize that a 9 hour delay isn't acceptable. There must be more
efficient ways of doing it than that. They'll no doubt have lawyers and small print, but it's not reasonable for them
to expect you to wait around that long.

Non-stop flights are always worth the extra in my view, if only because ... changing planes increases the chance
of your bags going astray. In any case, always take your boots in your cabin baggage and be prepared for your
bags to go somewhere different from you.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nemisis wrote:
@Billy steele,
The only (extremely) small benefit of not being on a stop stop flight is that you clear customs and immigration at the point of entry (e.g. Toronto) and when you arrive at your final destination (e.g. Calgary) you only have to wait for the bags to appear on the carousel. However, 9 hours makes it sound like they are routing you via Vancouver and then back to Calgary.

Air Canada will have sent a message to Crystal for each booking within 24 hours of making the change, but some poor soul within Crystal has to read the massages, update the bookings and then someone else as to decide whether send out the updated bookings with a message on the invoice "please note change made by Air Canada" (do they know how to do that with their new system?) or to knock out a mailmerge letter and get that done.

Being routed Via Montreal ! This is causing the delay. I did get through to them today and have been asked to be routed VIA Vancouver or Toronto as the delay is less, and get in at 1500Hrs, not 2145ish. But we have to wait until Monday if they can do it.

That's what happened last time but my skis and boots turned up but it was a clothes bag that did not turn up for 3 days! Not to Canada though Bansko and Wizz Air.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nemisis wrote:
@Billy steele,

That's a positive regards customs. being routed Via Montreal.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@brianr,
Quote:

Any recent views/experience on Crystal. I see they are now predominately flight/transfer, with majority (if not all) accommodation privately ran in Alps, so gone are the days of Crystal seasonnaire staffed accommodation

My latest experience with Crystal was having to cancel my place on a booking for the upcoming season.

Knee op instead but fortunately another skier wanted my place. Change of lead passenger and name change (£25 fee) dealt with effectively, all by email.

Subsequently the new travellers preferred a change of UK airport. Again, dealt with well, by phone, resulting in a significant saving on the original flight supplement.

Overall, the original package was about £100pp cheaper than the same trip booked independently.

So far so good.
ski holidays
Zedster wrote:
Email this morning from Crystal with an updated 8-digit booking reference number.

I can now access the manage my booking portal and there was a request to pay the balance by 13th. November for a 6th. January departure.

A result for me, as I now feel I am actually going Very Happy

How did you contact them? We're to pay on the 6th Nov but the site isn't working and struggling to get through on the phone.
snow conditions
@blacksheep I emailed them on PreTravel@crystalholidays.co.uk

It is not quite the good news I was hoping for though, as although I now have the 8 digit booking reference number, there is still no access to the manage my booking portal and when I called yesterday to pay my balance and add ski carriage, it was not possible.
snow conditions
@Zedster, thanks for the info, I've emailed them as well. Saying that it doesn't sound as though it will help! I'll just have to call them and hope I get through.
snow conditions
Have done 30+ trips with Thomson Ski as it was then Crystal ski over the past 20+ years. Only ever had two bad hotel experiences & 1 extra delayed transfer. We’re booked in to go back to Pila in January - we were there the first week of March last year & left the day before all resorts shut & we’re very happy with how the whole resort was dealing with the impending looming doom of covid. Balance has just been paid at 12 wks out via online. I did add lift passes & leg room just before paying & this was all sorted over email over a few days. I think they are just extremely busy with fewer staff so a small degree of understanding & patience still required. I’d happily recommend Crystal to anyone whereas I’d struggle to be so enthusiastic about Inghams Ski.
snow report
I have booked my first ski trip with Crystal Ski, so I hope it goes all well. I too was surprised when the pay-by date was pushed back, but that works a lot better for me.

Incidentally, if you buy lift passes with Crystal Ski, when and where do you pick them up?
latest report
hogofwar wrote:

Incidentally, if you buy lift passes with Crystal Ski, when and where do you pick them up?

They will either be in your Ski Pack handed out as you get on the Bus, or delivered to your room/accommodation.....either way, they will be handed to you by the Reps.
snow conditions
I'm not feeling the Crystal hate. I've been with them loads and cannot complain. Prices are sometimes cheaper than DIY, but with the assurance that I won't miss my transfer if the flight is delayed etc. Their customer service is markedly more sluggish this year though. I'm guessing they are on reduced staffing levels because of covid. If you think Crystal are sh*te then you should try Alpine Elements (or 'Alpine Excrement' as I believe they are known in the trade Very Happy ).
ski holidays
I've been away with Alpine Elements a few times (though never paid full price) and with the exception of one really shabby chalet in Meribel, they have been completely acceptable.
ski holidays
Just to add, I've also been away with Crystal, though not for many years. I'd say they used to be lower end of the market but seemingly now mid-market?
latest report
Anyone else having problems with the Crystal phone support (note: new number!). Between yesterday and today I've now spent 6 hours on hold! Given the phone number is the only way to modify your holiday, and half term is fast approaching, this is very frustrating.
snow report
This thread suggests to me that there is little benefit booking through Crystal rather than doing it yourself. Whenever I price ski trips, do it yourself always comes out cheaper than equivalent packages. And the ABTA protection is not a factor for me, as every component of my recently cancelled Meribel trip have refunded without quibble. The only benefit I can see booking through Crystal is a small time saving (in the booking/refunding process).

Can anyone give me a compelling reason to use Crystal?
snow conditions
Single point of contact was our thinking along with the protection afforded by package deals. We're very much of your thinking generally but that was the thought process this time. Contacting seems the issue, I guess they have some many people to deal with compared to 'normal' times. I would hope they had more staff on the phones though by now.
snow report
RiffC wrote:
Anyone else having problems with the Crystal phone support (note: new number!). Between yesterday and today I've now spent 6 hours on hold! Given the phone number is the only way to modify your holiday, and half term is fast approaching, this is very frustrating.

That's nothing! I've not added up my total time on hold this weekend, but I know it was 5.5hrs yesterday alone and several hours over Friday and Saturday. I've still not got through to them.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That's terrible that you've not been able to get through to them. When are you due to go? Pretty hard to make changes or put the covid guarantee in to action if you cannot contact them.
latest report
The price can be competitive if doing a singles holiday as the supplement can be minimal in some hotels.

I have recently queried prices using the email pretravel@crystalholidays.co.uk Just email it to see whether they will move my deposit to next year!! Not happy to commit a substantial sum at the moment.
snow conditions
blacksheep wrote:
That's terrible that you've not been able to get through to them. When are you due to go? Pretty hard to make changes or put the covid guarantee in to action if you cannot contact them.

Less than 2 weeks. I started trying to contact them prior to the deadline of 14 days prior to departure for fee free changes and have proof of that.
ski holidays
hawkesbaynz wrote:
The price can be competitive if doing a singles holiday as the supplement can be minimal in some hotels.

I have recently queried prices using the email pretravel@crystalholidays.co.uk Just email it to see whether they will move my deposit to next year!! Not happy to commit a substantial sum at the moment.

Have you received any response from that email address recently?
snow report
All this is disturbing. I had been thinking of booking flight and hotel through Crystal to take care of some of the potential Covid issues - but that doesn't look like a good idea after all.
snow conditions
sugarmoma666 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

Less than 2 weeks. I started trying to contact them prior to the deadline of 14 days prior to departure for fee free changes and have proof of that.

This is our fear. We're due to France at the end of the month. This means we need the rules to change else we're in to that position of making changes. Don't fancy the frustration of trying to get through. Hope you get somewhere. Have you tired their social media channels? Does that get any response?
ski holidays
I have Andorra booked with Crystal. With 13 year old twins, currently not fully vaccinated. Cannot travel through France, or Spain due to 'rules' Have tried to email and call then 4 times over the last couple of weeks to take advantage of the fee free changes. Have not been answered once. Have contacted my credit card and invoked Section 75 of the consumer credit act
snow report
blacksheep wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

This is our fear. We're due to France at the end of the month. This means we need the rules to change else we're in to that position of making changes. Don't fancy the frustration of trying to get through. Hope you get somewhere. Have you tired their social media channels? Does that get any response?

No response on either Facebook messenger, Twitter or Twitter dm.
snow conditions
Just to update on my earlier message - my call was answered after 4 HOURS on hold (9am to 1pm). The guy was really nice and helped me rearrange my trip, but even this took 1 HOUR (finding alternatives, going through all the booking process, etc.) which I guess is why its taking so long to get through. So if you need to talk to Crystal, go into it expecting a long call.

However, credit where it is due - there was no quibble about rearranging the holiday, and the guy emphasised that I can rearrange it again if I change my mind. But who would NOT want to go to St Anton?
snow conditions
@brianr, same story with me, due to go to canda 10 days 23/02 -06/03 lhr-yyc. Flights have now all been change with layover not great. Tried 2 1/2 hrs to get through on Thursday 3 hrs Friday, no joy. In the end drove liverpool to chill factor on Saturday for clarity at crystal shop. Place was heaving with all the people just saying if some would answer the phone it could have been dealt with then instead of waitng in the shop. Shocking show by crystal. I have just had enough will take a cancellation now if they offer one. Never again with them
latest report
RiffC wrote:
The guy was really nice and helped me rearrange my trip, but even this took 1 HOUR (finding alternatives, going through all the booking process, etc.) which I guess is why its taking so long to get through.

Well, yes! When I rearranged my trip, I had already looked at holidays still for sale, where, dates, hotels etc and printed out the details of a couple we wanted and which were showing as available. When the guy answered the phone and asked about when/where etc, I read out the first one. He said yes, that's fine, and the booking was completed in minutes. If everyone did this, everyone else would not have to wait hours for a response rolling eyes .
ski holidays
maggi wrote:
RiffC wrote:
The guy was really nice and helped me rearrange my trip, but even this took 1 HOUR (finding alternatives, going through all the booking process, etc.) which I guess is why its taking so long to get through.

Well, yes! When I rearranged my trip, I had already looked at holidays still for sale, where, dates, hotels etc and printed out the details of a couple we wanted and which were showing as available. When the guy answered the phone and asked about when/where etc, I read out the first one. He said yes, that's fine, and the booking was completed in minutes. If everyone did this, everyone else would not have to wait hours for a response rolling eyes .

That's what I'm trying to do, but can't get through to do it. I've also emailed them asking them to do this, but they're not replying to that channel either.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy