Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
This thread suggests no vaccine, no entry to France.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156484#4831080
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gainz On the basis of having used it last month, I can tell you that if you try travelling via Eurotunnel and you haven't uploaded your vaccination certificate ahead of the day, then you'll simply be turned 'round at the entry gate. From what I've read on SH feedback from actual travel, this applies to all Eurotunnel travel, plus the ferries as well. So I'm puzzled that you should think it feasible to gain vehicular entry to France, unvaccinated.

If you have health reservations about Covid vaccination, I'd suggest reading the book* by the academics involved in the AZ development for an informed view. If you still aren't convinced, that's fine, but it still doesn't alter the current rules on immigration to France or return to the UK.

*'Vaxxers - the race against the virus' by Prof. Sarah Gilbert & Dr. Catherine Green

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 5-10-21 16:48; edited 9 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gainz, no jab, no skiing in France for you, my friend
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
under a new name wrote:
@Gainz, no jab, no skiing in France for you, my friend

Don't encourage him. The piste will be so much quieter Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

The piste will be so much quieter

And the gondolas less contagious.......
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wow ganged up on eh? Bring it on!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Gainz Out of interest, what's you strategy going to be? At the moment, as far as I can see, you have to be vaccinated to fly or drive into France. And you need a pass sanitaire to get into public venues. Or are there other options?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gainz, paranoid are we? At least in this case though, no-one's ganging up on you.

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs/conseils-par-pays-destination/royaume-uni/

"Si le voyageur n’est pas vacciné (ou si son schéma vaccinal est incomplet), il doit produire un motif impérieux pour entrer sur le territoire métropolitain."

I think it somewhat unlikely that this will change anytime soon.

Pass sanitaire, apparently, likely to become fully vaccinated only, no recovered nor tested options. And the PS is not going away any time soon. And a good thing that is too.

So ... vaccinated or no skiing in France this season.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not paranoid at all, 3 replies are somewhat aggressive because I haven't been vaxxed. Being a snowHead I thought the collective will give me a heads up (which one or two have). My trip is fully refundable so will see how things pan out. A friend recently returned from France no problem without being vaxxed. As was the case while they drove through EU. I would have thought the intelligencia on snowheads wouldn't be sheep and just run for an unproven vax. But you live and learn.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gainz, Do you have a compelling reason to travel to France?
Under current regulations you need one if you are not vaccinated and I'm pretty sure going on a ski holiday isn't classed as a compelling reason.
None of the bars or restaurants will serve anybody without a pass sanitaire either, they have been very strict about it in all of the places we have visited in France recently, even the places we would class as being a local.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gainz wrote:
I would have thought the intelligencia on snowheads wouldn't be sheep and just run for an unproven vax.

An odd statement. A few altruistic members of the Snowhead community volunteered to be part of clinical trials, and I think a few still are for vaccines still in development. However the vast majority of us have had the vaccines which met clnical trial requirements for widespread distribution.

Something like 6.4 billion doses of the approved vaccines have now been administered worldwide. The safety profile is well established, and it is likely that hundreds of millions of infections which would have put people at risk of death have been prevented. I couldn't find a breakdown of how those 6.4 billion doses are made up of the different vaccines, but one can safely assume there will be over a billion each of Pfizer, Moderna or Astra-Zeneca. Anyone who considers a medicine "unproven" after a billion doses is going to find it hard to find any medicine for anything that satisfies their expectation.

But everyone is free to make a personal choice, and I for one don't criticise you for making your own choice about vaccination. However in making a choice you are also choosing the consequence, which in this case means no skiing in France. If that isn't acceptable to you, then you need to reconsider your choice over vaccination.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think we're just going 'round in circles with this - The question is whether it's possible for an unvaccinated person to get into France and ski. The answer is 'not legally for anyone without a compelling exemption'. If you're unvaccinated because of vaccine hesitancy only, then the answer is 'no'. You may know people who've illegally circumvented immigration rules and may have read that there are way of doing so. But the answer remains the same.

The vaccine hesitancy thing is a separate issue, and one that's very polarising, hence the responses. As I said, take a look at the book I recommended which address your and many other concerns. But if you conclude that the answers are unconvincing, then unfortunately for you, the situation is still the same: you won't be admitted for travel by carriers and won't be admitted by French immigration if you got that far. The only way to travel will be to circumvent travel and border checks and arrive illegally.

So there are only three legal outcomes: get vaccinated (in time) and you can then travel (98% certain) / don't get vaccinated, nothing changes, and you have to cancel (80% certain) / don't get vaccinated, the rules are lifted, and you can travel (20% probability).
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@LaForet, thanks thats clear and concise. I will keep checking the french rules until early Jan and see what happens. The other option was to go to Whistler but that's looking tricky too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Gainz, there is another option. Get jabbed.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The requirement is NOT for a GB sticker what is needed from now is a UK sticker....and out of 12 years of driving trips to the Alps I have only had to use chains once ..I have snow tyres as well but I always take chains
snow conditions
@DaveD, but have you been properly jagged?
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@DaveD, but have you been properly jagged?

Yes ..3 times
snow report
@Gainz you have an absolute human right not to take the vaccine. I think what some of us are posting here is that comes with consequences for you personally. One of which is potentially not having the corresponding right to travel and do sports that involve mixing in tight enclosed spaces.

The vast majority of democratic countries around the world have not introduced vaccine-encouraging measures lightly. Not least France, the home of Liberté, égalité, fraternité. But at a population-wide level this is the only game in town and is backed up by incredibly solid science, including many many millions of patient-years worth of vaccine effectiveness data. Far more data than exists for lots of other medicines that are not contentious at all.

Personal risk of side-effects from the covid vaccines are vastly smaller than getting in your car to drive or a chairlift up a mountain, crossing the road, catching another rare contagious disease......we've all lived with and assessed these risks for decades/centuries and carry on with life with those calculations in mind.

Also it's not just about me personally. Vaccination is about the whole community and doing your bit to help broader humanity. My analogy is pulling shut the blackout curtains during the blitz. Not doing so increases my risk but also that of my neighbours.

So yes by all means don't have the vaccine, but also don't be surprised if people don't rejoice that your considering breaking France's entry rules to have some personal fun in the snow this winter.
snow conditions
@MHskier,
Quote:

Also it's not just about me personally. Vaccination is about the whole community and doing your bit to help broader humanity. My analogy is pulling shut the blackout curtains during the blitz. Not doing so increases my risk but also that of my neighbours.

I think your analogy is excellent, sums it all up in one sentence!!!
snow report
MHskier wrote:
don't be surprised if people don't rejoice that your considering breaking France's entry rules to have some personal fun in the snow this winter.

Never said I was going to break rules. Was hoping for some clarity, advice and wishful thinking that rules get relaxed.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy