Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet Cancelled Flight

Poster: A snowHead
All booked for our trip in January to Val Thorens.

Got an email today from EasyJet cancelling our flight home on Jan 12th at 7.30pm and moving us to a morning flight the day before...

All transfers already sorted etc and can't get to the airport that early so left with no choice but to cancel.

And their aren't any other flights home to Manc that day.

Are we screwed?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can sympathise Bez, was it to Geneva?

I've had a raft of cancellations with easyJet over the last 18 months, I can't think why.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
EasyJet site is showing a 14:20 GVA - MAN on 12th Jan. Why didn't they move you to that?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where you flying to? Geneva, Grenoble, Chambery, Lyon?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@bezthespaniard, sorry to hear that. Can you fly to a different UK airport? EasyJet should allow you to swap for free - though it would be better to get a refund / voucher and rebook manually if the new price is less.

We also had our EDI to GVA outbound (Thursday am) & return (Saturday evening) flights cancelled today. We were automatically rebooked onto different flights at worse times, but having paid quite a lot for the good flight times, we opted for a refund instead.

Have now used the refund / voucher money (you can choose) to rebook onto two different flights - one on a different day, and the other with Jet2, with a bit of money left over too. Accommodation and car hire now needs to be adjusted accordingly.

As our flights are now with different airlines, we'll be screwed too if one of them cancels. Fingers crossed...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I sympathise, but to be honest in these times you’re really lucky to have been given so much notice of the cancellation. Travelling at the moment is difficult, and a cancellation 24 hours before departure is not uncommon.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thelem wrote:
EasyJet site is showing a 14:20 GVA - MAN on 12th Jan. Why didn't they move you to that?

They told me there weren't enough seats for my group.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mr.Egg wrote:
Where you flying to? Geneva, Grenoble, Chambery, Lyon?

Geneva to Manchester
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
denfinella wrote:
@bezthespaniard, sorry to hear that. Can you fly to a different UK airport?

Yea. We've had to split the group up and fly all over the place now.

Most of us are going with BA, GVA to LHR and then transfer up to Manchester.

Very frustrating as it has increased transfer costs with people travelling separately and at different times.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
telford_mike wrote:
I sympathise, but to be honest in these times you’re really lucky to have been given so much notice of the cancellation. Travelling at the moment is difficult, and a cancellation 24 hours before departure is not uncommon.

Shouldn't be like that tbh. The rules mean cancellations don't earn you your money back for other things you booked, when they should.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bezthespaniard wrote:
All booked for our trip in January to Val Thorens.

Got an email today from EasyJet cancelling our flight home on Jan 12th at 7.30pm and moving us to a morning flight the day before...

All transfers already sorted etc and can't get to the airport that early so left with no choice but to cancel.

And their aren't any other flights home to Manc that day.

Are we screwed?

Just had a look at the flights from GVA to MAN
There is no early morning flight the day before.
There is a late morning one the day after & an afternoon flight the day before as well as the 12th
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We were offered 10am on the 11th Jan. Seems like the timetable is all over the place
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's just going to happen - get used to it and don't make irreversible bookings elsewhere. TBH driving is the only secure way of getting where you want to go at the right time.

Personally I would have said it was madness to try to book a large multihousehold DIY trip this winter dependent on the timing of any one flight.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you do try not to split bookings over different airlines. It will be a right pain to sort out other legs if one of them cancel a leg in you.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ours was cancelled, but fortunately moved from a 7am flight, to the 13:35 flight, so not the end of the world, just our nice relaxed afternoon/evening in Meribel on the day we arrive becomes a 22:30/23:00 arrival, straight to bed and up for ski hire etc in the morning.
snow report
I have an outbound flight with EZY from Luton to Salzburg on 15/1, which currently shows 14 seats sold out of 156 based on the seat selection plan. 16 booked for the return. Usually by this time the flight would be half full, and by the end of October would be close to sold out. I suspect people are waiting until they are sure that they can go, but that does make it difficult for the airlines to plan their capacity, and cancellations or consolidation will be inevitable.
ski holidays
I was talking to an Easyjet pilot the other day who told me he had been told he was not required for the next 6 months.
latest report
bezthespaniard wrote:
We were offered 10am on the 11th Jan. Seems like the timetable is all over the place

what about the mid afternoon flight on the 12th?
snow conditions
Tubaski wrote:
I was talking to an Easyjet pilot the other day who told me he had been told he was not required for the next 6 months.

That's pretty much normal, as the number of flights in the summer is significantly higher than in the winter, so there are more pilots needed between April and September than between October and March. The difference at the moment may be that pilots who were usually retained for the winter are finding that they're also now being squeezed because there is no sign of pent-up demand as yet, and as employment contracts are set in advance then maybe the airlines are hedging on the side of caution in the knowledge that they can contract in pilots at short notice if necessary, as there's no shortage of out of work pilots currently.
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
bezthespaniard wrote:

what about the mid afternoon flight on the 12th?

Wasn't offered it. Too early for us anyway
snow report
bezthespaniard wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Shouldn't be like that tbh. The rules mean cancellations don't earn you your money back for other things you booked, when they should.

Not really. If you go DIY these are the risks you take. Book a package holiday if you want to be insulated from these issues.
snow conditions
I’ve just had my EJ flights for Christmas week changed by the airline. Same route, same day, albeit different times. But the car hire people are saying I’m now liable for an ‘out of hours’ fee. Currently in negotiations. I’ll let you know. I guess they’re just consolidating flights Puzzled
ski holidays
Have a look at Liverpool to Geneva instead. I’ve always done this route and never done Manchester to Geneva. Main reasons are the Manchester option are usually 2/3x the price, and Liverpool airport is much smaller and easier. There is 30 mins between the two airports so should be pretty straight forward. There are also 3 flights a day between Liverpool and Geneva
snow conditions
Last week end booked Liverpool-Geneva for March, party of six (4 adults, 2 kids).
Price works out at barely £100 return each, including two large hold cases for all the kids stuff.
Accommodation near St Gervais is pay in Feb and cancellable, Transit connect size mini bus was standing at around £440 for the week with two drivers.

If the flights get stuffed around with, I will drive out.
snow conditions
EJ have just annoucned a massive rights issue and rejected, allegedly, a bid from Wizz Air (which apparently has a stock market capitalisation 40 odd% greater than Easyjet). Therefore one assumes that they are taking a very proactive approach in minimising winter season losses, through cancelling flights that are unlikely to be fully booked, in case they become a bid target.

I hve no doubt airlines like Jet2 are sitting there waiting for the crumbs to fall off the table
ski holidays
@countryman, jet2’s most recent statement to investors was that winter bookings are not matching capacity and the winter program “remains under continuous review”.
snow conditions
@Ricklovesthepowder, in Jan EJ seem to be down to one flight a day midweek to/from Liverpool. 0705 out, 1030 back (unless anyone else does LIV GVA?).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy