Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The SkiAnon thread

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, I'm Snoody and I'm a skiholic. It's been 392 days since I last slid on snow, fresh powder at Rusutsu, it was the strongest high I've had while skiing. I keep finding myself looking at fields and hills in my area, working out where I can ski if we have some unseasonable weather. I'm even counting the days to when things open up and I can calm my nerves with a trip to Hemel Methadone
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m a skiaholic (when I’m not driving an ambulance), and it’s been 801 days since I unclipped my boots after an amazing New Years trip to Montgenevre, oblivious to the impending cancellation of the next two ski holidays.

Cold turkey hasn’t been easy on me. I’ve found myself sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night for a quick Warren Miller fix, tears rolling down my eyes as Warren tells me that as I’m not going this year I’ll be one year older when I do. My wife’s stopped taking me to Tesco’s as I just stand in the freezer section, enjoying the feeling of cold air waft over my face like that woolly dog in the AA commercial on TV.

Eventually something had to give. Two weeks ago I fell very firmly off the wagon. I put down a deposit on a small ski apartment that I’ve never seen, in a resort I’ve never visited, in a country the government currently won’t let me travel to. When this covid nightmare is all over, I’ve got some serious catching up to do…….
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am a skiaholic and its been 408 days since I last skied. Knowing what I know now I wish I would have persisted on a tough day at Cervinia (and not had a massive Saturday night).

It is going to be 382 until I next ski......unless I can wrangle a weekend earlier.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DeuxBieres, Quality. Welcome.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DeuxBieres, great first post. Welcome

My name is Pie and I'm a skiaholic but it's been 374 days since I last fell off the wagon.
It was probably my best days skiing ever. 50cm of powder a four hour private lesson with an instructor and fresh tracks virtually every run. It's a day that would be hard to beat but I hope to cover close come December...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My name is Mogulski and I am a skiaholic.

First ski trip outside UK was Easter 1987 and meant to be a one off holiday as we thought summer sun was the thing. Mr Mogulski and our teenage sons were also hooked. The ski rep said our sons skied well and could become instructors when older. I said no they are going to university and will have proper jobs. So what did they do? They competed FIS world cup in snowboard and mogul skiing and became ski instructors when they retired as full-time athletes.

It is 406 days since my last fix in Arabba at the 2020 BB. When I need a virtual fix I watch my recordings of Ski A&E filmed in Val T. I imagine skiing those pistes as 3V is where I have skied the most, over 40 trips out of 120 that we have done since the fateful Easter 1987 to Flaine!

What makes it worse is that I live in Scotland which has had the best snow for many seasons but all resorts shut due to the virus. We are restricted to our local area and mine ends 250m from where I live, the 5 mile rule allowed for exercise will not get me anywhere near the snow! I have a P&O ferry booking voucher from Easter 2020 which will be used to ski wherever in Europe is open once travel is allowed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My name is gustavobs and I have survived for 370 days, 23 hours, 17 minutes and 43 seconds since I sadly unclipped my boots at the Le Tour home-run without knowing what was coming later in the evening, France's lockdown announcement cutting short my career break. I have since used cycling as therapy and my fears have been confirmed: cycling - or any other sport, won't fix my addiction and I keep fighting survival, every day.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
375 days away from my greatest love.

I could have done a day or two here locally this season, but just could not get motivated to do so. The local hills are crap and I have skied them for 40 years. The last few years I have mainly skied locally only as a prep for ski trips. With no trip to prep for, it made more sense to leave the storage wax on the skis.

I suppose it will be at least another nine months or so before I would again have the chance to slake my thirst.

Because I am bored, the Haiku version.......

Three hundred seventy five days.
No travel, no skiing and no Apres.
Hope next year is better.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm a skiaholic and its been 414 days since I last slid! we had planned 6 weeks skiing between then an now, yoga is no substitute , drinking Austrian wine helps but hurts when I stop.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's been 456 days since my last ski.
I flew to a meeting of international drug addiction experts at WHO in Geneva, and managed to sneak off to Morzine for a few days after. Please don't tell anyone, they think I have it under control.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm a skiaholic and its been 375 days since I last skied. But I am still wondering with a little bit of the back of my mind (where there is a hut where I sit and think about skiing), whether when we can go up to Scotland again I might be able to walk up a mountain carrying my skis, to ski a steep gully that still has snow in it, ski part way down again till the snow runs out, before walking back down most of the mountain. Or if I am really lucky and some ordinary upper slopes still have snow, the last part of the climb might even be on skins!
Or am I just fooling myself (and feeding the little me in the hut)?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sun 28-03-21 16:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My name is Rachel and I'm a skiaholic.

It has been 408 days since I last unclipped my boots on snow, and 86 days since I last skied on a dry slope to attempt to get some kind of fix. I was even considering buying an annual pass so that could go through the year.

I spend a lot of time drinking tea out of the mug I bought in resort that has the panorama printed on it, pretending that I'm there.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oleski wrote:
Reminded of this

http://youtube.com/v/P8xs1RGi-1k

Laughing

Haven't had my fix for two seasons, now.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFridayFriday Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I hate skiing. I never think about it, do not miss it, never look at my equipment at home, never dream about my next trip, never look at Snoweye, Snowheads, or any other sites, never worry about this hapless government's handling of travel restrictions. I don't miss the crappy scenery, the crisp fresh air, vin chaud, incredible lunch stops. It is a dismal hobby, with no escapism, freedom or anything special about it whatsoever Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Yellow Snow wrote:
I hate skiing. I never think about it, do not miss it, never look at my equipment at home, never dream about my next trip, never look at Snoweye, Snowheads, or any other sites, never worry about this hapless government's handling of travel restrictions. I don't miss the crappy scenery, the crisp fresh air, vin chaud, incredible lunch stops. It is a dismal hobby, with no escapism, freedom or anything special about it whatsoever Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Eh oh!
snow conditions
I stuck my head in the freezer today and pretended I was standing on top of a mountain about to ski down it. (It wasn't bad.)
snow conditions
Had a watch of the Riders Republic trailer video, which is looking more and more like the SSX Tricky replacement we want...

http://youtube.com/v/9Uu6Ca2EcN4
snow report
It's been 181 days since I last skied...guessing there's another 180 or so to go until I get another chance.

FWIW the first question I always ask my guests on The Ski Podcast (www.theskipodcast.com) is "When did you last go skiing?" (I've been living this winter vicariously!)
snow conditions
Ok, am not sure if I am.....clearly don't have the experience or decades long devotion witnessed here

Before inadvertently moving to the alps about 10 years ago, I had only previously skied twice...a one off family trip at 21 to Andorra, main memory was puking the hangover fry up at the top of a chairlift. Good start. A few years later managed a week in Canada with GF soon to be wife. I did also visit a resort in Norway with a gang of skiers, but I only did the apres Little Angel

So arrived in the alps at 40 ish.....didn't even consider skiiing for the first 2-3 years....finally borrowed some crap gear and decided to get the kids involved.

7 years later, I ski on rocks in October, grass in November, and lately slush in June. Often on my own. So no, I don't have a problem (apart from August). Where's the wine.
snow conditions
We took out an annual pass to the local dry slope this weekend. The 10 year old begged to go and it's cheaper to do that than pay per session.

Husband spent much of the time muttering that it's not the same as the Alps, but then said in the car that he'd enjoyed it and suggested that we go again this Sunday.

Both children spent most of it conquering the moguls and trying to get us adults to do them. We declined. 8 year old declared it less painful to fall on snow. We suggested that he stop dancing as he came down and he'd fall over less. He wants DanceSkiing to be a thing.

It's not the snow and it doesn't have the scenery but it's been 501 days since we were last on snow so it'll do nicely for that fix (and opportunity to sharpen our skills).

8 year old and I are heading back on Friday and we're going to work through the requirements for his Beavers snowsports badges 1 and 2, film it and submit it to his leader.
snow conditions
As I travel back up to the grim north from euston after a VERY heavy stag do, never have I more missed or longed for the mountains!

Approx 480 days since our 1st family trip but seems like a lifetime!
Missus wants our next abroad hol to be a beach one and tbh I do to, (our youngest is 3 and haven't had enough beech fun with her), but do we book those usual cheap Geneva flights for late Jan/ early Feb for lads trip? Or will covid drag and drag and drag and drag?

Surely the powers that be will let us carry on.......
ski holidays
As I travel back up to the grim north from euston after a VERY heavy stag do, never have I more missed or longed for the mountains!

Approx 480 days since our 1st family trip but seems like a lifetime!
Missus wants our next abroad hol to be a beach one and tbh I do to, (our youngest is 3 and haven't had enough beech fun with her), but do we book those usual cheap Geneva flights for late Jan/ early Feb for lads trip? Or will covid drag and drag and drag and drag?

Surely the powers that be will let us carry on.......
ski holidays
I’m a skiaholic and it’s been 537 days since my planks were on snow…and some mighty good snow I tell thee. That quality Swiss stuff with extra chocolate and fondue in it. Now said planks are still with storage wax on them and I’ve taken up cycling…the kind that involves Lycra Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I am a skiaholic and it would have been 547 days since I last skied snow (not counting the indoor ski dome at Hemel Hempstead). Except when the Scottish Border opened at the end of April I went up 3 days later and skied for 2 days at Glencoe !!!! Of course I had to skin up each time before I could ski down, but I got in about 2600 metres of vertical. So it is actually only 129 days. And 84 days till I ski again (5th December).
latest report
Help me I am a skiaholic-
After 1 year 8 months and 21 Days I have fallen off the wagon,
I arrived in Tignes and fell in with a bad crowd (The Pre Season Bash) now my skiing is completly out of control (in every way).
I have enough stash to last me to the end of next week but I fear it's going to be cold turkey after that.
snow report
I believe the candyman has several more fixes awaiting you.
snow report
@adithorp, Toofy Grin but that will run out eventually, I'm doomed.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@adithorp, Toofy Grin but that will run out eventually, I'm doomed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy