Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The SkiAnon thread

Poster: A snowHead
I am a skiholic and it has been 370 days since my last boots on.

And if I knew what I know now I'd have been rather more tolerant of the restricted openings, long lift lines and shitty conditions that day....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am also a skiholic. It has been 399 days* since I last had my boots on, and it was an amazing day, managing to squeeze in 4 extra runs after the wife and kids went in.

*I got my boots on with my snow blades 47 days ago in my village, so technically that was the last time, but not really worth it!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
over 700 days (broke my arm December 2019).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am a skiholic and it is 363 days since I last had my boots on. Blue skies and nice conditions, but it seems like a distant memory now...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm a skiaholic - Its 365 days and to the hour that I took my ski boots off in a hurry and we dumped all out ski hardware in a friends garage, never seen since, hope it's still there........ Kurz decreed 365 days and 00 hours ago that Austria was closed to tourists and we had to get out.

Its 355 days since we first realised we had contracted Covid, 340 since we came out of isolation, and 00 days since I felt the effects of Long Covid which are still very real.

8 days since Oxford Astra Zeneca pumped into my left arm, and -01 day until MrsMM29 gets same.

It's been a strange year for sure.....still here and kicking so could have been worse!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 12-03-21 15:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm a skiholic and it is 363 days since I had my ski boots on. We had a glorious day, it was sunny and warm, and we had a long outdoor lunch with friends.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thought I might be a skiaholic so googled it and found a 12 question addiction assesment which told me:

I Have tried to stop skiing and failed.
I have grown a tolerance, or needed more skiing, to get high.
I have an awkward sleep schedule as a result of skiing.
I do spend the majority of my day thinking about skiing.
I have trouble getting through the week without skiing.
I have experienced a blackout or short-term memory loss from skiing.
My family have commented on my amount of skiing.
I have skipped out on my responsibilities due to skiing.
I have had legal or work issues because of skiing.
I have gotten into a fight brought on by skiing.
I have broken the law to go skiing.
I have experienced medical issues brought on by skiing.
I have experienced withdrawal symptoms when attempting to stop skiing.

I managed to kick it for nearly a year, but there is this dark web site called Snowheads offering some really good stuff and i've just cracked......
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
363 days ago for me too - 2 beautiful runs like this then the final one hadn't caught the sun so was horrendous refrozen crud with bad visibility Laughing

2912D867-58FF-4228-BB8B-E772CCEE6A7A by Ian Scorah, on Flickr

Rather eerie at Lyon airport the following day
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Seahoob, very good Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I did wonder if this was going to be an outlandish ski conspiracy thread
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno wrote:
I did wonder if this was going to be an outlandish ski conspiracy thread

Feel free to start that in parallel.
Quote:
Covid's just an evil plot by Vail so they can impoverish and then take over all the world's ski resorts
or for the tourers/skimos
Quote:
The hidden secret impact of OAZ on your VO2 max
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm a 363 dayer as well, perhaps we should have a memorial party on Sunday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am a skierholic. I left the country and continent within 20hrs of my final exam at university, to do a ski season, before returning home to settle down as an engineer - 23 years ago!. I once skied every month for 9 years until a MTB accident stopped me.
I did once try and stop being a skibum, but George Bush got re elected and my job in the embryonic electric vehicle industry in Vancouver evaporated - I moved to Banff and became ski tech and started messing with ski design on the side.
There has been no lift served skiing where I live in a year.
I took my ski boots off an hour ago, having skied summit to valley in dust on mush, leaving fresh marks in the snow for the top 3rd of the decent.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
366 Days. Arrived in Sestriere on Sunday. Monday had one of the best days skiing in 20 odd years. No people, perfect groomed snow, bluest sky ever, no ski lift waits, absolutely in the groove on deserted slopes. Tuesday, everything closed, taken back home on a pandemic repatriation flight. Worth it just for that one perfect day...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My name is Under and I'm a skiholic.

I can't help myself. I'm trying hard and I haven't skied since Sunday. I have an offer to ski this coming Sunday but I have so far refused. I did skate (replacement therapy) on Tuesday, and that was good. If a bit flat.
ski holidays
My name is Richard and its been 153 days since I last answered the call of Sweet Lady Pow...

I'd not had a fix since February and I was jonesing on my Jones pretty bad. I'd heard there were a bunch of dealers in a shed up in Hemel Hempstead, so I went and got my fix. It was dark and dirty and I'm not proud of what I did there...
latest report
I'm a skiaholic

It's 357 days since my last chair ride, 28 days since my last stroll up & slide down.
snow conditions
I am a skiholic and it has been 72 days since I was last with my wife but hey I've been skiing nigh on every one of those 72 days Laughing

I actually, hopefully, collect her from Nice airport tomorrow.

So there's another thread, "What/Who would you sacrifice to get your skiing fix" Toofy Grin

For me it's not only my Mrs but I've not had the jab, that said at least I have the dogs Laughing
latest report
@Weathercam, I'm amazed she let you have the dogs for so long.
latest report
@Hells Bells, she gets the daughters Laughing Laughing

And a Le Bez puppy on the horizon, think that's the only reason she's coming out Laughing
snow report
I’m Mark and I realised I must have become a skiaholic when I found I had to join snowHeads, a dozen weeks after I last took skis off 368 days (and few hours) ago.
At the time I had hoped to be able to resume - in a different place - within a day and a night .... but it didn’t work out (gutted).

However, at least I did get two great days skiing, without crowds - and first runs on final morning very memorable...
ski holidays
@Seahoob, excellent. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
I’m a skiaholic and frankly I’ve long since given up trying to overcome my addiction. If I had my way, I’d be on the piste every day; in fact I’d be permanently piste.

I was becoming dependent after I had my first crack. I then wanted to know how to get my own gear. Whilst researching how, I was groomed by an unscrupulous bunch of pushers called Snowheads. I sampled their offerings and that was it, I was hopelessly hooked on the white stuff. They lured me to Italy, where many of them get their highs. On one trip I was being shown one of their favourite hangouts by two wide boys called @adithorp and @jk (they won’t use their real names), next thing you know, I’m hooked on speed as well. Apparently Mr Big is a guy called @admin, he’s always demanding money, knowing that each sample of his wares, has you even more addicted. He’s been known to resort to brainwashing techniques, such as pumping White Noise into your head at 120db, in the guise of a party. It’s all part of his master plan.

Please, whatever you do, don’t go on one of their bashes. It’s a slippery slope. You’ll end up skint, addicted and wondering what you can sell to go on a Bash. I’m a lost cause, but save yourself. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
362 days since I last skiied. I was out with a beginner friend who was visiting for a long weekend, so spent most of the day on baby slopes. Fortunately she let me disappear at the end to have a bit of a fun blast around by myself for a few runs while she had a coffee. Did not expect that to be the end of it for so long Sad

She's coming back for another trip with me next winter though Smile
ski holidays
@Awdbugga, Nooooo! You have broken the code of silence, look out, you are going to get a visit from the police or @admin's "enforcers"
latest report
Bollocks.... just read this and have been triggered, gonna have to go skiing now Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Scarpa, Grrr Twisted Evil You can go off people.

373 days for us since we took off the boots, obviously skiholics as totally missing it this season.
We feel so fortunate we had a decent fix last season, unlike many others. Did I mention the powder too snowHead
snow conditions
Scarpa wrote:
Bollocks.... just read this and have been triggered, gonna have to go skiing now Evil or Very Mad

Git Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
367 days since I last hit the slopes. I cry myself to sleep most nights with long breaks of longing and general woe thrown in. Not to mention the odd ski-related hallucination. Oh the agony!
ski holidays
I am a skiholic and it's 428 days since my last run, in Chatel, on a coaching trip. I came back all buoyed up and planning a second trip with a friend. "Maybe we'd better see what happens with this virus", she said. I thought maybe she was being a little over reactive (it was still January). Then a week later there was the case near Chamonix. How naive I was!
snow conditions
365 days. Last skied 13th March 2020 out of La Tania, fantastic day. Been pining for the slopes all week
snow conditions
Sadly 365 days since we last had skis on snow (Friday the 13th) too.
snow report
I'm a skiaholic and it's been 162 days since I had my ski boots on, 31 days since I had a pair of XC boots on.

Desperate fixes ware needed: October was tuition on a revolving carpet style slope, which included a proper yardsale, February from home during beast from wherever.

PS: 28 days since I had ice skates on... The competition style klapskates I used to race. Not very suitable on canals.

@Scarpa, we love you anyway Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Its been 387 days since I last skied, we were in Åre, Sweden and packed in skiing one day early as the snow was not so great, I was fed up with the T-bars, we were going to Mayrhofen at easter and fancied a day in Trondheim.

Obviously Mayrhofen never happened and whilst Trondheim was nice I kind of regret that decision. I'd happily ski in those conditions and take many T-Bars rather than sit at home dreaming of snow
snow conditions
Markymark29 wrote:
I'm a skiaholic - Its 365 days and to the hour that I took my ski boots off in a hurry and we dumped all out ski hardware in a friends garage, never seen since, hope it's still there........ Kurz decreed 365 days and 00 hours ago that Austria was closed to tourists and we had to get out.

Its 355 days since we first realised we had contracted Covid, 340 since we came out of isolation, and 00 days since I felt the effects of Long Covid which are still very real.

8 days since Oxford Astra Zeneca pumped into my left arm, and -01 day until MrsMM29 gets same.

It's been a strange year for sure.....still here and kicking so could have been worse!
snow report
@spearhead93, ...and?
ski holidays
Reminded of this

http://youtube.com/v/P8xs1RGi-1k
latest report
Awdbugga wrote:
. On one trip I was being shown one of their favourite hangouts by two wide boys called @adithorp and @jk (they won’t use their real names), next thing you know, I’m hooked on speed as well. Apparently Mr Big is a guy called @candyadmin, Evil or Very Mad

I have no idea what you're talking about. Wasn't me. I didn't do it.
I'm not some weak willed addict and as you obviously are, that's your problem. I can stop anytime. Anytime! Wibble!
latest report
I'm a skiaholic but it depends on the definition of skiing, I was last on my skis on proper snow just about 6 weeks ago but it was on a tiny 4km area and I was alone Sad
It's about 2 years to the day since I took my boots off at the end of the sopib, my last proper ski trip.
I've had some summer hols but a summer holiday compared to skiing is like comparing an hour on a dry slope to a week in the Alps.
ski holidays
Not sure why this is stickied and can't be left to slump to a natural demise not unlike our skiing ambitions.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy