Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Inter season & summer 2006

Poster: A snowHead
windy again today but weather OK. Snow soggy by 10.00, but skiable all day. Just down - very hot here! Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Finally - it froze last night on the glacier and a little fresh snow fell while we had a humungous thunderstorn down here. Chilly and the wind (not much) was chilly too. a definitely wintery day, but very good news after all the unseasonably warm weather and rain. We skied until 13.00 in really good conditions, and only stopped then because we had to. Very Happy Very Happy

Still feeling a bit crook, but getting better thank goodness - don't know what it was but have been majorly low for the last 2 days. Thank goodness my client didn't want to ski yesterday!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, i'm sick too, i think its a mix of hay fever, humidity and asthma! HOpe you feel better soon.
snow report
 brian
brian
easiski, hope your recovery continues.

Current outlook is colder for a day or 2, warming up significantly at the weekend and a bit of a heatwave next week Sad

Out of the reliable timeframe the trend is towards more reasonable temps in the first week of July.

Can you give someone at DAL a serious kicking to get their webcam fixed !!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, Currently trying to kick them into installing the beginner lift. They seem to think that we can teach beginners on the Roche Mantel. ESF and European on the case too, but it's like talking to a brick wall. They refuse to understand the importance of the webcams, and at the moment are far too interested in the bl**dy Mondial de VTT and bicycles (of all things) rolling eyes rolling eyes

Hot would be fine if it's clear and freezes at night. Problem this week has been heavy cloud cover so no freezing and lots of rain! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I think I'll still take Arno on an adventure though (if he's up for it).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
WOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOO Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

it froze last night, the sun came out, the snow was fab - can't really say more! Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hah! good today. Arno here. More to come later .....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wonder whether BUSC made the right choice going to tignes this year Sad Been on Snow-Forecast.com and I doubt there will be anything but rain on the Grande Motte for the forseeable future. Nice to see they run free subscription during the summer on Snow-forecast Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Edmundh009, Of course I'm hugely biased, but I can never see any reason for going to Tignes at all!

Arno and I skied down to 2,600 today by a rather roundabout off piste route. A fair bit of walking, nothing too strenuous though and lots of fun. 1.5 hours round trip from the glacier. We skied the "Canyons" early on near to 3,200 in really nice snow, then by a series of snowy bits we got to our destination . A nice gully in winter too. Our tracks clearly visible. Down at the bottom Arno skiing the last few turns at the end of the Goulet du Lac Noir, and finally looking back at our tracks. The snow on the last part was really lovely. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Couldn't open snowheads last night! so here goes again. It was very windy yesterday, but not too cold on the glacier. the snow was fine for the most part, and we managed some good work. We skied the snowheads wall, which was in very good condition and extremely nice. Very Happy
Looking down it
Looking up it
Arno on it (sorry about the quality - captured from video)
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks to easiski for a couple of very enjoyable and educational days' skiing. I'll post some photos later. The fact that the snap of me on the wall is a bit blurred is obviously down to the fact that I was going so FAST wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, Well - you were going pretty fast ..... Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well, I wish I had better news. Sad It's been very hot for a few days, and a massive amount of snow's gone. It also rained on the glacier last night. Everyone's very pessimistic at the moment, but then that's the French for you! rolling eyes We'll just have to wait and see, but having missed two days I was pretty shocked this morning when I got up there.

The last really bad hot summer we had was 2003, and we'd had a massive amount of snow that winter (2002/3) as well - I wonder if there's a connection?

Anyway, the good news is that all pistes are currently in operation although with slushy snow, the Wall is still in use, and there are good stockpiles at strategic points. Peeps still skiing the Echines, which is apparently safe right over by the rocks. Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
easiski, Sad

Here's the long term temperature/precipitation forecast, better for the next couple of days but returning to horrible mildness by the weekend. Trend is at least for a bit cooler next week Confused

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Actually slightly more cheerful today, although the snow was very soft. We had a monster thunderstorm last night and it did snow a teeny bit on the glacier, so the black bits looked pale grey this morning. As before - all open, and they're installing the beginners' rope tow, so hopefully it'll be in place for Monday (promised) if not before. I need it tomorrow but that's another story!
latest report
I've posted some of my photos and a short TR here:

http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=16528#356499
snow report
It was a very nice day today. It had frozen overnight which was astonishing considering how hot it was down here. The snow was pretty reasonable when I got up with Robin from the european Ski School and two Eurocamp couriers from the valley. I've been practising snowboarding for the last 2 days as I thought I was going to have to do that today, but muckily the girl decided to ski (done it once before witht he school), so Robin took the lad off (done one day at MK), and I took the girlie. Wow - no pulled muscles, no aching parts - what a relief after 2 days of purgatory!!! Laughing Anyway - here's a pic from the chairlift of the Echines de Chevres and the Dome red run showing the French "Geantistes" training courses. As you can see the crevasses are now beginning to show through on the Echines, but plenty are still skiing more to the left, just out of sight. It's a bit hard to know what you're photographing when you can't see the screen!!

Brian Only a week to go - are the kids getting over-excited yet?

Photo (not very good) from the Mondial du VTT, I couldn't find a suitable spot to take a good overall photo. either buildings or trees or too many marquees in the way:
snow report
 brian
brian
easiski, not as excited as me I think Laughing

Euan's moving school next year so he's been a bit focussed on his goodbyes. Finished yesterday though so we're counting down the days now .... Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was going to take photo today, but it was cloudy and a bit miz all morning. There had been freeze in the night and the snow was good on the nursery slopes. I skied down to the restaurant at about 11.15 and it was nice all the way (bit of ice and slush on the last bit), but by the time I went back down again at 13.30 it was vile - really gluey. Still that's after closing isn't it?

Been thundering and raining this afternoon down here, hopefully a little snow or hail upstairs.... A dusting forecast for Weds evening and Thursday - great. Hope so. A slightly cooler couple of days is very welcome, but back to hot and sunny on Friday.
latest report
We had a very pleasant day today. Sunny and quite warm but with a nice stiff breeze to stop us all boiling. Decent freeze overnight and the snow, although slow for the most part, was very good. Clouding over now and thunderstorms forcast with snow on the glacier tonight and all day tomorrow - much chillier nach - If that's the case I'm going up on Friday even without clients and will take a couple of pix. I forgot my camera today.

The bottom of the Puy Salie T bars is getting a bit nasty, but at the moment a little slalom around the streams is fine. there's plenty of snow in stashes to keep topping it up for a good while anyway. Very Happy
snow report
easiski, liam's (my son) is there at the moment and loving it.

I would imagine that they're only in the park but he's well impressed with the new layout and has got a few new tricks done.

we'll be out to see you one sunday soon
latest report
snowangel., I'll look forward to it - I've probably sworn at him!!!!

There are some really good pros here at the mo doing staggering stuff on the big air etc. Almost every skier is doing at least a double rodeo (normally with grab and front iron cross!! The snowboarders are also well into it, but don't tend to go inverted so much, and of course it's hard to see if they're riding into the jump switch or not, wheras fakey is very obvious for the skiers!! Very Happy
snow conditions
easiski, he waers all green with a grey helmet and rides for sapient (currently waiting his new board and riding a team model pnb1) He has very curly hair and is very very cheeky!

I always love watching freestyle skiers, they're great. My good friend Noddy Gowans is an inspiration to us all and liam's idol - interesting for a kid whose snowboard mad eh!!!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
easiski, sadly looks like warming up again as we arrive.

Are the dome/signal/ snowHead s wall still holding up ok ?
latest report
brian, Yes - and with snow forecast today, tonight and possibly tomorrow morning as well, we should be in good shape for your visit. Dome tends to be open only later morning as the French "geantistes" are using it for GS/SG training early on, but then of course the condition of the snow is excellent afterwards. The Snowheads wall is still a good width right under the chairlift on the steepest bit. Some snow in the meantime will cheer things up no end. Very Happy

snowangel., this would probably be the weekend to come, and you might get to meet brian, too!
snow conditions
easiski, we will be there on sat but not to ride as we have to book liam in to his rossignol camp. we were planning on coming the sunday after but its all gone pete tong as we cant get the time off work (tour de bloody france) and on the 17th we're going to see the who in lyon.

it will have to wait till after his camps but we'll come at least once!
ski holidays
snowangel., Well - don't be shy, give me a bell and we could maybe at least meet up for a coffe when you've got Liam booked in. Just been through Bourg D'Oisans and it's all starting to busy up. Campers now parked in odd places (not silly ones yet) and loads os cyclists in training for either the Marmottes or the Etap or both ... rolling eyes
ski holidays
easiski, oh it drives me potty this cycling malrky, the route national is closed again this monday for some race or other and was closed last sunday for the luc alphond!

Roll on winter if you ask me! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., it wasn't closed for the Alphand, only the Galibier, we had to go back to the airport via the Lauteret that's how I know. The motorbikes are the worst racing each other.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, oh it was closed from 7.15am to 11am, so you may have missed it as it was stupidly early! but it was only closed from my end to la sal les alpes. I konw this as we had a frantic phone call from Liam's snowboard club as they needed to leave to go to 2 alpes and he was late. Pea (the other half) couldnt even get onto the road at st chaffrey, he had to drive through the car park to get him to chantemerle!

And yes the motorbikesa re a pain!!! Did you spot anyone on a sporty quad running around chantemerle/ briancon area???? that would have been me Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
My friends have go to leave on Sunday night and spend the night in Grenoble as the road's shut on Monday morning so there are no buses to take them to the airport. No happy bunnies! And that's not even the Tour...
latest report
i know the road being closed on monday is a real pain in the butt, and its closed ALL day, gonna cause a lot of problems this end as there isn't anyway to get up the valley except on that road! Good job i use my quad to get to work and i can go off road all the way!
And its only an amatuers race!!! they dont even close the road for the whole day when the tour comes through!

rediculas!
latest report
snowangel., hear hear!

Quite a nice, relatively cool day today. The snow was hard early on, and we're beginning to see a bit of slick ice on the two lower runs (Roche mantel and Signal), however the Puy Salie was very good, and we skied over some super corn snow en route for the restaurant at about 11.00. Very Happy All runs are still open. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Don't slate the cyclists - they may be annoying but they're worth a lot of money one way and another.
ski holidays
Lizzard, If they don't come up here they're worth nothing to us. They only benefit people actually on the route or in the places where they stay (chez vous!) Some of them ride up here to do the ride, but they don't even stop for a drink - they just turn round and ride back down again. Sorry - as far as I'm concerned it's one thing to close roads for the Tour, but quite another for both the Marmottes and the Etap. We're prisoners in our own village! I had to say to people tonight that "no you can't come skiing tomorrow because the road's closed" - no-one's queuing up to pay me for the lesson they can't have are they?????? Are Velo magazine going to give the ski shop the money for the lost ski hire? or the DAL the money for the lost liftpasses? Or the restaurants the money for the lost coffees and meals? No! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report
If they didn't close the road for the Marmottes, lots of them would get killed, which would be messy and make the road surface slippery. And while they may not bring business specifically to 2Alpes, they're good for the rest of the region. It's not as if 2Alpes is empty is it?
snow conditions
i had to drive to 2 alpes yesterday and it was a total nightmare with all the bloody cyclists on that road. They think they bloody own it!!!
ski holidays
snowangel., as we were up at Monetier, that would be why we missed it. I suppose the Etape riders will be slower, that's why the road will be closed for longer. easiski, not good at all.
ski holidays
Lizzard, Why should people coming to LDA on holiday be inconvenienced to such a degree by a load of amateur cyclists? We work hard to get people here for all sorts of activities, if the other villages worked as hard and put in as much infrastructure, fair enough ...

ps: have you been into the Tourist Office in Bourg lately - absolutely diabolical place, rude staff and no interest in promoting the area Shocked

Helen Beaumont, Exactly it, the time difference between the first and last in the Etape (judging by when they came here) can be around 9 hours!
snow report
easiski, the Tour started outside my hotel, and they were closign the roads for it from 2 days before hand. It was a great spectacle to see the teams rolling into town, and to bump into a few guys in the hotel (three of the teams were staying in the hotel)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy