Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - Inter season & summer 2006

brian
brian
easiski, downer Sad

Thursday-Saturday still look hopeful but you might just be too far south to catch the meat of any precipitation. Zero isotherm should at least go below 3000m for a few days.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Incidentally, I love this t-shirt that Jutta sells

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brian, Jutta was trying valiantly the other day to tell someone that it was the man missing his wife! It got quite heated, a german and a brit arguing about the finer points of french grammar! Laughing Laughing Thanks for the cheering news - I will take the camera tomorrow, but it's not a pretty sight. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Heavy re-freeze last night, which made for interesting skiing early after all the water content yesterday! Shocked I had beginners early (something I try to avoid), and the poor things were all over the place trying vainly to snowplough! However, by 13.00 the snow was pretty good, and even the ice was becoming skiable. My young lad is getting quite adept at jumping small rivers and skiing down grey glacier ice - only 7, bless him!!! Very Happy

Sorry I forgot my camera again - I'll put it in my jacket now.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Forgot to say, much colder today as well - down to 10deg on my balcony at 06.00 - that's bl**dy freeeeezing for this summer!!! Shock Shock Shock
ski holidays
 brian
brian
easiski, hopefully you'll have some snaps of fresh snowfall, a low should be passing overnight. Fingers crossed it's worth mentioning.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, Yesterday afternoon I spent about an hour just looking at weather websites and models - they all say it'll snow, but not sure how much! Doesn't look like a lot - still any little helps. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From over where I am the glacier doesn't look too bad

The snow is forecast from 2,300 m tonight. There is almost a nip in the air.

Some data for July where I am in the Chartreuse:
Max Temp 35,8C Min Temp: 18,1C (giving a zero isotherm above 3000m for the whole of July)
Mean Temp 26,5C
Max Mean: 31,2
Min Mean: 21,7
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof, can you take that same picture at about 10am on Tuesday morning, you'll also need to zoom in a few miles to pick us up wink

easiski, be nice if you had a bit before we arrive, skiing on new snow in August has a certain appeal to it !
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bladeskier wrote:
davidof, can you take that same picture at about 10am on Tuesday morning, you'll also need to zoom in a few miles to pick us up ;-)

easiski, be nice if you had a bit before we arrive, skiing on new snow in August has a certain appeal to it !

Well I hope you have good conditions.

I saw the head of Tignes resort was on the TV tonight (France 2) and he said they had about 10 years to convert out of summer skiing in the resort as the glacier had pretty much had it. I note that Val d'Isère's summer skiing effort was very short lived this year.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
davidof,

Are you about in La Grave, we(GrahamN and I) should be about for about a week early Mar..!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof, thanks for the cheerful photo - definitely looks better from the distance. It's amazxing how much snow we can't see close up! We're further along the line of activity holidays than most resorts of course. I can't imagine going to Tignes for anything other than skiing, regardless of what they put in place! It's so hideous.Confused

bladeskier, I think it's snowing now - trouble is this is tgoing to cost me money as peeps are cancelling! Sad Raining hard down here.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No pix cos it was cloudy and poor visibility today. Cold and windy too. Very Happy Very Happy It rained in the night Sad but was snowing while we were skiing Very Happy . A couple of cms can make a big difference at the time (nice run down the lift track while beginners heading down in the train). Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
you should have got loads of snow last night as we got so much snow on the lauteret they had to get the deneiger out!!

its bloody august!!! it is freezing here today, typical as i;m going horse riding~!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowangel., rolling eyes

Very windy and blizzard conditions on the glacier today - jolly. Very Happy Very Happy I finally took my camera up and the batteries froze, but not before I got a few pix:

Queuing for the Puy Salié!

Lloyd skiing in less than perfect conditions for the first time (summer skier) - great adventure! Very Happy

Looking up at the restaurant from where I put my skis on - this has all be black stones for ages.

Bladeskier I think you've timed it just right! Cold and snowy weekend with the weather getting hot again middle of next week!
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
easiski, I know Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Must buy a lottery ticket this weekend, I'd all but given up on skiing looking at the recent temperatures and webcams !

Quick question, do they shut the lifts at 1300 even if it's cold up there ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bladeskier, I'm afraid so. Sad
snow report
A much better than expected day today. The fog came and went, but we saw the sun several times this morning and in between had some quite bright weather. There was 5 cms (officially) of new snow, and the quality was really nice. As a result everyone was having huge fun and it was Saturday which meant that it was quiet. Quite a few had left yesterday with all the vile weather, so we couldn't have asked fo more! It hasn't been enough snow to completely cover everything, and it was warm enough to start getting a bit slushy below 3,300m by 13.00 - but still very skiable. Very Happy Very Happy Pix:

Dome Sud lift & Snowpark
Looking from Puy Salié Nord to Dome Nord & Murtouse
Across the bottom of Dome Sud to the snowpark
The nursery slope and rope tow
ski holidays
sunny this morning, but with a very chilly wind. Very icy everywhere, but by 13.00 conditions were quite nice! See the photo showing the Snowheads Wall looking white again (of course it's not skiable - it just looks better white than black!)
ski holidays
looking much better..

its still freezing here but supposed to warm up tomorrow, thank god!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowangel., good, this weeks guests have never 'done the mountains' before, so they must be regretting not going to Benidorm.
snow conditions
snowangel., Half of me wants it to go warm again (using my electric blanket at night + switched on the radiator! Shocked ) and OTOH I want it to stay cold so the snow stays for a few more days - if it was winter we'd be unhappy with the current snow, but as it's been so hot lately it seems like a major treat. Very Happy I even half enjoyed the blizzard on Friday! Shocked Shocked
snow report
It was a pretty nice day today, all sunshine and not cold, but not boiling either. The snow was dead icy and hard first thing, but then got pretty damp later. However skiing down at 13.15 with Bladeskier and the two mini bladeskiers, you really couldn't complain.

The med-long term weather forcasts seem to be still chilly (if you can call 24 deg in the village chilly) for the next week or so, which means that if it rains down here, it should snow up there. Yippee! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
easiski,

Metcheck is suggesting some decent precipitation for you on Monday next and with freezing-level well below 3,000m you should get some fresh snow up top. Fingers crossed
snow conditions
yeseterday the mountain's of martine st querias got dumped on from a big hight!

while i hope you got some and will get some more snow next week/

i've had enough of this changebale weather. can we please have some hot and sunny days in the alpes too!
ski holidays
Red Leon, Yeah - saw that. Actually all the longer term weather sites I have say the same, so fingers crossed. At least if it stays cooler then the snow we have will stop running off the mountain like it was before last Thursday!

snowangel., Sunny and about 23-4 at 1650 will be fine by me - please order!

Lovely morning, clouding over a bit at the end. Me, Bladeskier and the mini blades all stayed out until about 13.30, and it wasn't relly slushy then. I think we have another summer skiing convert! Very Happy
latest report
easiski, I had some friends on the glacier on Monday and they said that the conditions were really good, weather fab and even a bit of powder - next time it snows I'm coming over and perhaps we can meet up for a fortifying something!!
snow report
sarah@alpedhuez, Yes, definitely!! If it snows again at the weekend/Monday, it should be good again just afterwards. Very Happy Not too bad today, it was coolish and the conditions were pretty OK until I got off the mountain at 13.45.

this was the picture at about 14.30 today
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It was distinctly chilly today, and only the very surface of the snow softened up at all - generally pretty hard right up to 13.00. This is the Dome de La Lauze at about 13.00
snow report
Aparently snowing down to 2,000m last night. Quite heavy rain this morning, but no webcam and I've got a day off, so no first hand knowledge yet.
ski holidays
should be snowing down to 2100 today,
ski holidays
Well it's bloody freezing down here. Twisted Evil
snow report
Lizzard, I'm staying in bed - nice electric blanket to snuggle into!!! Very Happy
latest report
Quite cold today, and we had a frost early on down here. There wasn't as much fresh snow as I'd hoped. the snow was basically hard winter snow with icy patches showing through where it had been scraped. However, a big improvement on before, and with more snow forecast for the end of the week the season should finish up quite well.
The Puy Salié looking much whiter this morning

Snowheads Wall looking pristine

Some brave people aparently boarded it later in the morning

Looking North, quite a novelty to see snow on the summits

Very Happy snowHead snowHead
snow report
easiski,

Not bad for mid August?
snow conditions
johnboy, My grin is quite wide at the moment. Very Happy Cool
latest report
How is it holding up compared to a typical year (if such a thing exists)? and is it to early to draw any assumptions for PSB conditions?
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, yes - too early, but you should check out the weather link I kindly put up for you on the "facts" thread. It's different to any summer I've had here before, because whenever we've had this winter weather in the sumemer, it's been much earlier and then turned warm again afterwards. The previous melting has meant winter slick icy patches around (were previously puddles), which is also unusual. It was normal until about the 3rd week of July and then it went pear shaped - first we lost all the snow and then it froze, and now it's snowed!!! Bonkers - still at least we're skiing well, which we wouldn't have been if it hadn't turned to winter! Very Happy
snow conditions
It was cold again today, and the wind got up by lunchtime. That's a shame because it's now getting very icy with a combination of wind and zillions of novicy snowboarders, much of the surface snow is being blown and scraped away. Still, OK for decent skiers (a challenge), but a bit difficult for beginners. totally unsuitable for snowboard beginners! Shocked I've got great hopes for the next few days, and hopefullly some more snow. We just need very little wind at the same time. Very Happy
ski holidays
 brian
brian
easiski, big precipitation spike tonight ! freezing level probably about 3000m ? You look ideally placed Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy