Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara - Alta Badia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon Snow Heads!,

I have already pre-booked in optimistic anticipation a Family skiing holiday to Corvara, Italy. for the first time I will have my very young babies - 2 years and the other yet to be born so will be a tiny 8 months! We are taking the partners parents and nan along so a nice family gathering and I was on the lookout for some opinions and advice off anyone who may have been to the area/ resort.

The nan and mum will more than likely refrain from skiing so I would like to know if there are any activities throughout the day that can be done by themselves and/or with the children?

Also, can non skiiers take the gondola up to see the top and potentially have a drink at a restaurant within walking distance without the need for Ski's ect?

Thank you in advance all!!! Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The best short trip for non skiers would be to get the shuttle bubble to Colfosco then take a short (half mile?) slight uphill walk to the Col Pradat gondola. Up the top are excellent views, sunshine and a very nice restaurant.
No idea about prices.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, non skiers can take the Gondolas up to the top from Corvara. The Alpine Lounge at the top of Boe is quite smart and has more room to stretch your legs than at the top of Col Alt.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were there last year just before covid. Other half doesn't ski so has some tips.

1) The walking map here shows the pedestrian accessible lifts. Don't know the rules on small kids though! https://www.altabadia.org/en/winter-holidays/italian-alps/maps-of-the-slopes-and-walks-in-and-around-alta-badia.html

2) She did a lot of nice walks including the art trail along the river from Corvara.

3) I seem to remember some hotels will allow you to buy access to the spas not sure which one's though.

4) The sports hall is open but not sure what hey offer.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good advice above. For a change of scenery, they can also catch the local frequent bus to La villa and take the gondola up to the Mortizino Lounge. Or take the bus to San Cassiano and gondola up to Vegas Hut or Rifugio piz sorega. I don't actually think there are many walking trails within the main ski area above Corvara/La villa etc which is a shame.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No shortage of good mountain restaurants in the area that you can get to!

There is a large number of Michelin star ones in the area if that interests...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sweedish, yes...I had my 50th birthday dinner at the Michelin Stua at La Perla Hotel. We had a private table for the two of us in the wine Stube.

Edit...I've just remembered the word Stube!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 17-02-21 12:26; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Sweedish, yes...I had my 50th birthday dinner at the Michelin Stua at La Perla Hotel. We had a private table for the two of us in the wine room.

Hope it was really nice...I've heard it's good!!

The food in general in the area as a whole is great imo though maybe a little Germanic for my taste!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Sweedish, yes...it was lovely. We had a tasting menu, which I usually do on a first visit to a Michelin restaurant
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Sweedish, yes...it was lovely. We had a tasting menu, which I usually do on a first visit to a Michelin restaurant

Happy days! And wise choice!

I've forgotten what it's like to go to a restaurant Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sweedish wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

we ate at Stua last year this time last year, again the tasting menu. Food, wine and service were all great, very quiet atmosphere and unusual outfits for the staff (very traditional !). I can't eat Gluten and they handled that very well (just pick anything you want from the main menu) so will definitely go again when in the area.

Recommended if you fancy a good meal.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
richb67 wrote:
Sweedish wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

we ate at Stua last year this time last year, again the tasting menu. Food, wine and service were all great, very quiet atmosphere and unusual outfits for the staff (very traditional !). I can't eat Gluten and they handled that very well (just pick anything you want from the main menu) so will definitely go again when in the area.

Recommended if you fancy a good meal.

Thanks for the advice. I'll go next time we are in the area Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://www.altabadia.org/en/italian-alps-dolomites/food-and-drink/food-drink.html
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That says 2 Michelin stars this one say 4..

https://www.altabadia.org/en/italian-alps-dolomites/food-and-drink/gourmet-valley.html
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Two Michelin starred restaurants. One has one star, the other three stars, a total of four Michelin stars.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy