Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is the 2021/2022 in doubt ?

Poster: A snowHead
Perhaps we should be asking ourselves, is the 2022/2023 season likely to happen. I was optimistic for this one and planned on skiing every month from December through to a final week in Zermatt for the Unplugged music festival. It's all a bit depressing, best to focus on other interests, sports and hobbies to keep sane. Having to admit to myself that the poster StAnton makes some valid points.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton never makes any real "points" he types it out to provoke a reaction, he's a troll and nothing more.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
France https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of-international-travel#from4
Updated yesterday, 27 Nov, and no change for Omicron for fully vaccinated. Packing today for Wednesday departure. Fingers crossed.

A good translator is Deepl, https://www.deepl.com/Translator
I find it is more accurate than Google.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can see tour ops changing flights from Geneva to Chambery and Lyon fairly quickly, not ideal with how small those airports are compared to Geneva but there may be no other choice.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@RichardB, It depends on how one interprets his points. I have an open mind as to whether I would describe him as a troll, I certainly don't go with the overall trend of certain posters who seem to dismiss everything he says.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Snowbandit56, if you had seen his posts over the years you will know what I mean, its not so much his points, it's how puts them across that gets peoples backs up.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowbandit56 wrote:
@RichardB, It depends on how one interprets his points. I have an open mind as to whether I would describe him as a troll, I certainly don't go with the overall trend of certain posters who seem to dismiss everything he posts. I tend to read some of the links he includes in his contributions and form an opinion from his and a variety of other sources.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anyone know if Switzerland have any funky requirements for the pre-arrival antigen? Or will any of the do-at-home fit to fly tests do the job?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rjj501,

Yes this is where I am confused. I thought I did have the right to just say I fancy moving to France today. But then when I asked the French embassy they said I couldn’t enter (during lockdown). So I question whether I need to have a residents visa?
Very difficult to find this information btw!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spain’s new rules are in ,no entry for unvaccinated over 12 years old , so single jabbed under 16’s a hit again . Sitting awaiting France I’m sure they won’t leave things as they are .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm not sure what is the exact definition of a troll but unfortunately, and to the annoyance of many of us, much of what stanton says turns out to be 'nasty news' rather than 'fake news'.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can't see any sense in countries allowing in their own citizens but blocking others, the virus doesn't differentiate.
Of course countries will only get cases if they actually look for them.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
robs1 wrote:
I can't see any sense in countries allowing in their own citizens but blocking others, the virus doesn't differentiate.
Of course countries will only get cases if they actually look for them.

Exactly this. Either 100% test and quarantine or not at all. Ridiculous
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
peerless ploughman wrote:
I'm not sure what is the exact definition of a troll but unfortunately, and to the annoyance of many of us, much of what stanton says turns out to be 'nasty news' rather than 'fake news'.

Well there's the crux of it "news" it's never news of any type delivered by them and just their posturing position of self appointed delivery of common and freely available information that participants in this forum can easily find for themselves.

It just moves from one subject they "think" is contentious to another, in what they've determined for a British based forum as agitant and fomentor of dissent for their own gratification.

There's far more informed and genuine people that honestly contribute to the information on this site without placing themselves as some sort of puppeteer, of sneering and overarching dispenser of "information" and direction of other's when they are not even a stakeholder in many of these subjects.

Why would anyone treat that cynicism with anything but disdain ?

If those supporters and "fans" of the author are so keen to be fodder for that fetishistic output, then who are we to argue.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have been warning folks on here for months ..not to book or get excited about this season....

I think I called it ...

Latest from Austria .... Gastro (restuarants hotels etc ) will not Open 13th

Latest date is 20th

There maybe regional openings but end of the day ..

WTF are people doing to cicumnavigate the rules a public health issue ...

Do you only care about yourselves & having Leisure Holiday ???

Have some respect ..

#STAYATHOME

Please no replies about anti vaxxers ... we not ..we are careful .. respect choices.

Off Piste for ever
snow report
Appreciate I am not following my own advice, but please don’t feed the troll. Keyboard and a kleenex.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:
I have been warning folks on here for months ..not to book or get excited about this season....

I think I called it ...

Latest date is 20th

Have some respect ..

#STAYATHOME

Please no replies about anti vaxxers ... we not ..we are careful .. respect choices.

Off Piste for ever

as someone wise once said, "even a f**ked clock is right twice a day"
snow report
Not for me to speculate how damaged an individual the ‘contributor’ is to derive pleasure from others’ disappointment. It would be helpful given the current circumstances were such a position substantiated with any evidence. The “my mate owns a bar” style of post is really the same as saying the bloke in the pub reckons. May be proven correct, may be mistaken. None of us knows for certain. Yet.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:

I think I called it ...

Latest date is 20th

Have some respect ..

#STAYATHOME

Off Piste for ever

You're not the messiah. You're just a very boring troll.

Is the 2021/22 season in doubt? Possibly for some people, unlikely for most. There's a reasonable chance that it won't even be in doubt for most (based on what we know today).

And please don't pretend that you thought a new highly infectious variant would emerge just before the season. Unless, of course, if it transpires that Omnicron is mild, you will come back and post a full and frank apology for your troll like doom mongering for the last year or so.
snow conditions
Has the £ reached parity with the € yet?

Asking for a friend..................
ski holidays
>Have some respect ..

#STAYATHOME

Complete gibberish. Reads like a Dr Who script!!
ski holidays
It's snowing like billy-oh, bars are opening up and it’s going to be a great season Very Happy
latest report
First suspected case of Omicron in Switzerland:

https://twitter.com/BAG_OFSP_UFSP/status/1465051857026490377
ski holidays
That really makes their border controls pointless as it's already there,
Hopefully they will be row back on their border control before Xmas
snow conditions
8 potential cases in France too:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/omicron-variant-likely-be-circulating-france-health-minister-2021-11-28/
latest report
@stanton Our very own Captain Ahab - 'All truth with malice in it'
snow report
RichardB wrote:
@Snowbandit56, if you had seen his posts over the years you will know what I mean, its not so much his points, it's how puts them across that gets peoples backs up.

And that is why Neils/Nigel has been restricted to one post a day :: Admin is extremely reluctant to ban anyone, but some have come close...
snow report
colinstone wrote:
>Have some respect ..

#STAYATHOME

If you refuse to get a vaccine you are not only stupid, but selfish.

You have no moral authority whatsoever to lecture anyone else.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know of any travel insurance that actually pays out should I not be able to Ski due to the country mandating a quarantine on arrival? I cant find any.
ski holidays
cav wrote:
colinstone wrote:
>Have some respect ..

#STAYATHOME

He was quoting Stanton.
snow report
@Sarny, I don’t think you’ll find that now as generally lockdown/ quarantine and the like are now considered to be anticipated events.
latest report
LaForet wrote:
@stanton Our very own Captain Ahab - 'All truth with malice in it'

Beautifully put
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:
cav wrote:
colinstone wrote:
>Have some respect ..

#STAYATHOME

He was quoting Stanton.

oh sorry! i read that post as being written by Stanton, didn't even check the username. A very convincing impression Wink
snow report
For those in the UK, looks like the possibility of skiing holiday over the next couple of weeks depends on how much notice UK gov takes note of the combined letter from the First Ministers of the devolved administrations.

Have a word folks!
snow conditions
@chocksaway, so in Johnson's shoes you listen to your betes noires (Sturgeon and Drakeford) or your betes noires (the ERG)?

Dilemmas, dilemmas ...
snow report
Equally what is the view from the French government? Im sure Macron wants any reason to ban Brits due to fish and migrants…but Alpine people will still welcome us with open arms or perhaps more accurately…our wallets! Smile
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
For those in the UK, looks like the possibility of skiing holiday over the next couple of weeks depends on how much notice UK gov takes note of the combined letter from the First Ministers of the devolved administrations.

Have a word folks!

Downing Street has already said no.

Which - based on what has happened with the mask wearing in England - probably means the day 8 tests will be given the green light in a week or so..............
ski holidays
Spoke too soon but could be worse. Skullie just changed….

From immediate France now requires all travellers to have a proper PCR done within 24 hours of departure

From 15th Jan France also requires a booster to be done

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements
latest report
Where did you see that? Government page hasn't changed, still only a test for unvaccinated
latest report
i can't see a requirement for PCR (only lateral flow for unvaccinated kids). It's not on the link you shared. Please elaborate!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy