Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying a Monoski in the UK

Poster: A snowHead
I looked into getting some monoskis, was planning to mount them up with a single binding on each, but I've never been able to find a pair well enough matched. Also checked for a pair of Skwals, La Croix was the only choice but far too expensive to put a pair together to ski on. Damn them.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Those guys were at the Mondial about 6 or 7 years ago! I tried one - wobbled a lot but didn't fall. We found peeps interested here to stock them and Maryline was very interested in teaching teachers to do it (she now runs the ESI at la Toussuire), but they never got back to us, even to thank us for all the time and effort on their behalf!! Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, Sounds like the best use for them!! Should be fat enough, even for you!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You all know you want IT
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I want it. Not paying £45 for it though, time for e-bay games. No sniping snowHead I'm calling fist dibs on that bad boy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, it went unsold in the end, not a single bid.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier, old bindings and horse news don't sit well at breakfast?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kneehighninja,

Ignore the philistines, monoskiing is cool, precisely because it isn't the latest fashion.

Just think, whilst everyone else is flying down, out of control in a ragged, legs apart stance, you'll be sweeping down in good style, knees and feet perfectly together and you'll be the centre of attention. How cool is that ?

And then the offpiste, powder and crud.........so simple. Don't follow the crowd, lead it ! Razz
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Peter S, yeah, and just when you need some fine speed control as you arrive at the lift queue and try to use that oft-maligned snowplough??

You could equally be centre of attention by sporting a fine 1990's degre 7 jacket in 3 shades of purple, 2 pinks a blue and flourescent yellow. Equally sensible too.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Peter S, yeah, and just when you need some fine speed control as you arrive at the lift queue and try to use that oft-maligned snowplough??

Surely snowboarders have problems doing snowploughs as well Puzzled

I find that good use of the oft-maligned side slip will get you to most places that a snowplough can.

I agree regarding Degre 7, although Nevica were always my least favourite make. However I do have to admit to still owning a cerise Phoenix jacket that I just carn't bear to throw out Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thought I'd share this gem:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mono-Ski_W0QQitemZ280003698298QQihZ018QQcategoryZ97068QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dare I say bright enough on its own to negate the need for a pink all-in-one?

NB: I do not endorse Mono-Skiing. It makes you look silly.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alecl wrote:
NB: I do not endorse Mono-Skiing. It makes you look silly.

Even on a board as tastefully coloured as that one? wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alecl, He bought a new one Shocked
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
alecl, He bought a new one Shocked

Yup, the mind boggles. Though if that's actually him in the pic, fair play - No way I'd want to land that with my feet bound together Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
alecl, I'm a boarder, bondage is not the issue . . . it's the sheer bad taste of it.
ski holidays
Guys, I decided to buy a brand new monoski and have purchased a Duret 'Free' via Jean-Phillipe at www.duretskis.com. After an exchange of really friendly emails to him in France we struck a deal and it should be with me in early September with bindings mounted and ready to go! ScottGordon at www.chronicski.biz in the USA was also really helpful and worth checking out if you're that side of the pond. It was nigh on impossible to find anyone in the UK with the ability or experience to mount bindings on a monoski which is why I bought the package from France. Just need to shed several pounds to squeeze back into the old one-piece suit so I don't disappoint the mockers. Hope some others may take the plunge while many may get left behind. Just need some snow now. Be on the lookout somewhere in Europe this coming winter for a short man on a gleaming new monoski. Best wishes to all and thanks for the lively exchange, Kneehighninja!!!!!
snow report
Must post photos when you've got it Kneehighninja, let us all know what to look out for.
snow conditions
Can we know where you'll be skiing so we can get off slope quickly lol.

A
snow conditions
Hi guys, it's arrived and it's beautiful! Not sure where my mono will get its first airing yet and wouldn't want to spoil the surprise of a 'stealth' attack. Rest assured I won't be pushing the snow off the slopes while sat on my bum. Graphics are blue top with a diving eagle over the front and a black Pitex base that I hope no one will get to see. I got a wicked DVD with the package of guys doing some extreme stuff on mono's. So there is room for us all. Be not afraid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards, Kneehigh wink
snow conditions
Toofy Grin armed and ready now then, will it be your sole sliding method or will you be mixing it up a bit?
snow conditions
Attention, Yorkshire shoppers..
ski holidays
comprex, that's beautiful! Where do these e-bay freaks get off:

Quote:
RIGHT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THIS IS A SNOWBOARD(AND THAT THIS COULD BE A PROFESSIONAL ONE)

Oh it's a pro only board alright. That explains how YOU bought it (even though you don't know what it is) for a £1, or nicked it from a skip. Professionals are so slack these days. rolling eyes

Almost as good as my personal favourite:

Quote:
Excellent condition for it's age race equipment. Would suit beginner or youth.

It should read:

Quote:
I bought a load of rubbish at a house clearance and these sticks were in them. They say ski on them so I googled ski and found out that a new pair cost £400+. This pair were clearly made in the 70s but that must make them worth £200 at least, but I'll take £100, you can pick them up. The clamps that fit to your feet are a little rusty so I think they would suit a beginner as you may not notice that you have broken your leg.

Twisted Evil
snow conditions
snowHead Laughing Laughing
latest report
parlor, more of that sort of thing:

Quote:
WITH 3 PIN TELEMARK BINDINGS

you see the pins?

Quote:
USED, IN EXCELLENT CONDITION - THESE SKIS ARE IN GREAT SHAPE AND LOOK FANTASTIC - TERE IS A SMALL REPAIRABLE SCRATCH ON THE BOTTOM (SEE PHOTO)

Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy