Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Feb Half Terms Plans?

Poster: A snowHead
So XMax/New Year is a write off and I am glad we didn't risk it only to get stuck at Dover/Folkestone.

What about HT? Anyone is making any plans?

I moved my Chunnel booking there but haven't booked an accommodation yet. I fact I requested (and quickly received) a refund from Sunweb for the last season to make me more flexible as to destination and cancellations.

Waiting for now what happens in January - whether the French decide to open fully up or not.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Presumably most people travelling at half term have school age kids and the quarantine (and missing at least a week of school even if prepared to shell out for test & release for multiple kids) put us off. We decided some time ago it wasn’t practical on that basis.
Now we are in Tier 4 and cases rocketing, and UK travellers are banned/quarantined all over EU, I’ve no hope for half term and even the flights I’ve booked for Easter look a long shot.
Would love to be proved wrong here but I can’t see it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mountainbiking and hiking from my home in the U.K.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oleski wrote:
So XMax/New Year is a write off and I am glad we didn't risk it only to get stuck at Dover/Folkestone.

What about HT? Anyone is making any plans?

I moved my Chunnel booking there but haven't booked an accommodation yet. I fact I requested (and quickly received) a refund from Sunweb for the last season to make me more flexible as to destination and cancellations.

Waiting for now what happens in January - whether the French decide to open fully up or not.

I rescheduled my EasyJet Christmas flights for Half term week a little while ago. Moving them to go to Geneva (had been to Innsbruck). Not looking that hopeful we will be on them. I was working on the mindset that if at just over 14 days out we will try and find accommodation in one of Switzerland, Italy or France, if any of them are letting us in. If we can’t, reschedule for next season (I already have BA flights booked to coincide with SFaB if that is allowed to operate - again they can be rescheduled)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saying that I hope that EasyJet cancel them if travel out is still restricted by then as I would need to pay a massively more to just roll them forward a year which I most definitely will not be doing!!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
Mountainbiking and hiking from my home in the U.K.

This
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, I was hoping to take my 13 yr old daughter who some of you met on the family bash 2019 but her Easter hols don't coincide with FB this season so I said lets just do our own thing at Easter "No, I can't, big horse competition at Easter" "How about half term?" "Horse qualifiers at half term"
I know we should support our kids etc blah blah blah but at the moment I can't think of a good reason why I allowed myself to be talked into having kids, especially frustrating as my youngest is a real natural on skis.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Markymark

More of that here too ... and some bike building which has been put on hold because of work pressures....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@tangowaggon, there will be other opportunities. Kids often have their own agenda.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tangowaggon, it's great she has enthusiasm for something just a shame it's misguide Smile As @Hells Bells says there will be other opportunities hazing slotted with a grumpy teen-ager I can say it can take the edge off even the best skiing day so best she wants to go rather than has to.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have Feb HT booked and sure we'll cancel in next week or two. With insurance, pre covid test and quarantine I think it's a no go.

We also have first week April HT term booked so we'll see how things progress.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just swapped my Feb Hols 21 escape from France flights to Feb Hols 22
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We are still planning on going out for half term if we are allowed into France and they are open and there is no quarantine on return
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hmm that’s strange, half my message was cut out.
I also said that that’s a lot of if’s and I don’t half my hopes up for half term!
If not HT then will go at Easter for 3 weeks and if that doesn’t work then I am going to spend the entire next season there and leave my kids at home
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We have a small deposit down on a trip to the Grand Massif. Spoke to the owner today and they are OK with leaving things a bit up-in-the-air as they aren't sure when they can get out to open the apartments up (they are in the UK). Did notice that GM are selling discounted lift passes for that week now.
ski holidays
@L0ve2ski, Surely the chances of that are virtually zero!?
ski holidays
I seriously wouldn't bother even planning....use the money to pick up new knock down ski kit that hasn't sold this year!
snow conditions
I snapped up flights for £25 each way way back at start of covid. They are still showing as scheduled, I will leave it to last minute to see if quarantine is lifted, if not roll them forward to next year
ski holidays
I like to think we might have a 1% chance
ski holidays
I’ve just pulled the plug on 2 weeks in Meribel in February. 1 week with kids, 1 week without. Everything is going the wrong way and at least it gives the apartment owner time to readvertise for FR skiers. It didn’t seem right to wait until the last possible minute to cancel especially with how things are looking. Fingers crossed for Easter and things start to improve soon with the rollout of the various vaccines hopefully creating a little more confidence across the board.
ski holidays
Half term plans... following the rules (unlike so many ) and hoping my family stay safe and don’t end up in hospital burdening the NHS. Skiing was ruled out very quickly this summer when it was obvious that this virus was around for a while and going to be very prevalent in winter.
snow conditions
RVBlue has it spot on. I hope to ski at Feb half term. We probably won't. So I am not making any firm plans. And I am building another bike to keep me busy, and looking forward to getting on it Feb half term, by way of distraction from not skiing.
snow conditions
Cancelled HT in mid december; we usually take a whole chalet with a couple of other families and no one wanted to roll the dice; agreed to roll forward our deposit for 2022. If there is a window at HT21 (which I very much doubt), my keenest lad and I will self-cater wherever we can physically get to (as our new years trip was scuppered by the french lift closures, then tier 4, then our own self-isolation, then the retroactive swiss quarantine on the re-arranged trip (think the gods were trying to tell me something Confused )). Failing which Easter on the same basis. Failing which we do something daft in the summer.

Can't build another bike. N is now equal to S-1. Shocked
latest report
Moved and swapped Feb HT 21 flights from MUC to INN for Feb HT 22 at no extra charge (thanks, sleazy Toofy Grin ).

Have accommodation in the Eastern Reich currently on free cancellation for Feb HT 21; 4 x4 sitting on drive with winter tyres fitted and under starter's orders....so good to go if:
- we are out of tier 4;
- France, Germany and Austria are open to UK passport holders;
- nil quarantine on return;
- pigs are flying and hen have teeth.

Easter 21 as above.

Also holding options for October, December, January and February of next season. One of them has to come in...

Keep trying to console myself with a "had I broken my leg I would have missed the season rationale". Not really working as where I should have been pre-cancellation currently puking pow Sad
ski holidays
We usually take the motorhome to La Plagne. I booked a parking space when they were released (months ago) because normally the spaces sell out within days - and at only €22 a night it was worth the risk.

I’m still hopeful that we’ll get to go - I would just book Chunnel nearer the time, easier when you’re very flexible on crossing time.

The husband has already wrote it off, but until its a definite no ... I live in hope!
snow report
I think I spoke too soon! Even being a very optimistic person I now admit defeat - sounds like we’ll be in lockdown until after the February half term (although I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually lasts until Easter)!

Considering the numbers in hospital it has to be done, stay safe everyone and we’ll all be here for the 2021/22 ski season!
latest report
@Bianchigray, hi,have you ever had to cancel la plagne parking for MH? We have an easter booking but getting a bit concerned so wondering what to do?
snow report
Hi, sorry just seen this.

We have cancelled the MH parking in La Plagne and they have been brilliant, very efficient and issued a full refund.

I just had to email them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Bianchigray, thank you. I think I will reluctantly cancel my easter booking.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy