Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cleaning wax?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowbunny wrote:

Time to stockpile the wax then wink

Or invest in beekeeping; I smell an exemption for 'natural', french wax. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PG,Kuzmin makes some valid points, but I see the entire argument against Mantra 1 as fallacious. It rests on that HE hasn't observed penetration of water into the ski base. (I wonder if he's ever observed helium leaking from a balloon?) It is very easy for lay people to believe him, as he then speaks of observable water shedding, and never explains that the primary mechanism of that is surface tension not molecule size. Effectively, he does not know what the pore size is in the ski bases he's working with.

His valid points mostly amplify the situations where we already know hydrocarbon waxing is bad such as in dirty snow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
comprex, somewhat of an oversight for someone completing a thesis for his doctorate rolling eyes . The obvious thought that struck me was that from simple observation, practical experimentation, he could have discovered that his theory was full of pores Wink.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy