Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is This Season Going To Happen for The British ???

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@colinstone, travel restrictions should, as has been alluded to, be lifted for French Nationals and Residents, however, you will need a PCR Test result.

I have applied, and have documentation of my application for Residency (tad spurious I know) which hopefully will suffice, as for the Covid test, I'm awaiting an email re a Private Test centre in Guildford and what the timings will be.

However, there's now the issue of France potentially going into Lockdown again, so there will be some decisions to be made, not least that the OH may decide to stay in the UK, as for French lockdown I'd be quite happy with 3hrs and 20km more than enough playtime Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Weathercam, 1 hour/1km again perhaps Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Higs wrote:
A few weeks ago, on a wave of vaccine results optimism, we booked a week in Tignes at Easter.
I'm not feeling so confident now.


We did the same......booked the flights anyway. THinking of moving them to either next year or the Summer
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Claude B, mmmmm that would not be fun.

Been chatting with my friends who own the Edelweiss Hotel in La Grave (revamping their website), and on Friday they said that they'd just heard from the Mairie that the lift would very probably not open in January. And Pele who runs the Skiers Lodge is not bothering to open until February.

The only consolation was that they'd had their best-ever August with a predominant French clientele, Winter season is different, however, will be especially tough with no Americans, Swedes and now Brits.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weathercam wrote:
@colinstone, travel restrictions should, as has been alluded to, be lifted for French Nationals and Residents, however, you will need a PCR Test result.

I have applied, and have documentation of my application for Residency (tad spurious I know) which hopefully will suffice, as for the Covid test, I'm awaiting an email re a Private Test centre in Guildford and what the timings will be.

However, there's now the issue of France potentially going into Lockdown again, so there will be some decisions to be made, not least that the OH may decide to stay in the UK, as for French lockdown I'd be quite happy with 3hrs and 20km more than enough playtime Laughing


Where have you seen travel restirctions will be lifted for residents? I also have my attestation for residency application. (Plus I own a french business!)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@timlongs, I read it on the https://www.connexionfrance.com/ but I can't see that now on their latest updates.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/France-imposes-UK-travel-ban-for-48-hours



EDIT


Just found this

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/How-do-I-get-a-Covid-test-in-UK-if-visiting

If there is any chance of your coming back after December, you should bring evidence of French residence status, such as a new Withdrawal Agreement card, the email you will have received in acknowledgement if you have applied for one but not obtained it yet, an EU citizens’ residency card you previously obtained, or other other evidence such as a recent French utility bill.


Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 21-12-20 16:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also an attestation for residency here.

So, who is going to try first?? And with Travel PCR test.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@timlongs, @Weathercam, The French govt will publish sometime this evening the ordinance specifying who can come to France.

It will cover the period to 6th Jan 2021

French nationals and French permanent residents will be allowed to enter with a Covid test : either blood or nasal.

People will be allowed to enter for legitimate business reasons.

There may be further details when the ordinance is published.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof wrote:
@timlongs, @Weathercam, The French govt will publish sometime this evening the ordinance specifying who can come to France.

.


Was anything published, Davidof?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/

and for UK a press release:

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/country-files/united-kingdom/news/article/press-release-limited-resumption-of-the-movement-of-people-from-the-united

But may not have legal standing of an ordinance??


Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 23-12-20 10:27; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@JoeMellor, there's almost too much to take in over on the https://www.connexionfrance.com/

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/UK-France-travel-ban-How-long-will-it-last-who-can-travel

I'm 70/30 on departing the 30th (have moved that from the 29th), booking a PCR test for the 28th, going to print out all my paper-work today and make a final decision.

I must admit that I think it will be somewhat nerve-wracking as I approach the Douane Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm collecting PCR tests today, do tomorrow morning and submit late am. Should get results 36 hours later, Eurotunnel booked 261200 Dec. We'll see.
Fall back if unsuccessful, and there is a 1-3% failure, is a rapid 24 hour PCR on 27 Dec.
Hopefully, having done this before for a University trial, I am good enough at gagging to get the sample.
My top tip. Stuff the swab to back of throat and provoke a serious gag. That will get you used to it, unless one is already a sword swallower! Then repeat and have a good rummage around both sides back by tonsils.
And if the French don't let me in there is the possibility of a 600kg Lead Acid battery plates getting too dry, generating hydrogen and exploding!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Where are people booking tests from? I ordered one under the test to release scheme before I arrived to the UK last week, they took my money and never sent it. And they were on the approved govt list, brilliant.

So looking to not get stung for my return. I am travelling on the 30th of this month.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I googled PCR in Oxford and came up with a private surgery offering them. Cycling distance.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@timlongs, these guys https://www.privatecoronavirustests.com/ fair number of clinics around the country
snow report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The outfit I am using include passport details on certificate, so for travel use. And I have more confidence in my ability to cycle to pick up and courier to lab rather than Royal Mail options.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weathercam wrote:
@timlongs, these guys https://www.privatecoronavirustests.com/ fair number of clinics around the country


hardly "around the country". 5 within the M25 and 2 just outside of it. I like that they offer courier service for home tests, but only within the M25
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Weathercam wrote:


I must admit that I think it will be somewhat nerve-wracking as I approach the Douane Shocked


I think you'll be ok, you'll probably be waved through after checking your test.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is nerve-wracking now!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The company that provides the drive through testing at Gatwick and other airports say they do tests for non-flyers. However, I have also heard that they refused someone a test without a flight number.

Have emailed them to confirm either way.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've actually just found one around the corner from us in Worthing and awaiting an email response, they did all our numerous jabs for Madagascar.

Just been printing out everything, plus another straw to clutch at; Style Altitude the website we run is based in Serre Chevalier and that's work, well sort of, have various correspondence from the Serre Che tourist office to us Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is going to be very interesting is how many positive tests are found.
I have to say, it does seem to be a bit of shambles despite UK Govt claiming preparations for BREXIT have gone well. Seems to be a serious lack of sanitary facilities and even just plain water for the drivers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam wrote:
@JoeMellor, there's almost too much to take in over on the https://www.connexionfrance.com/


Gosh, there is a lot of info there! As you say, almost overload.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@colinstone, yes and the way it's all panning out, how ironic would it be if we were found to be infected with no signs of symptoms, the words "icing" and "cake" spring to mind Laughing

So are you going to be the SnowHead Guinea Pig on the 26th ??? Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
colinstone wrote:
....
I have to say, it does seem to be a bit of shambles despite UK Govt claiming preparations for BREXIT have gone well. Seems to be a serious lack of sanitary facilities and even just plain water for the drivers.


The purpose Lorry park in Kent would have been perfect, but isn't ready yet !!??


https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-lorry-parks-community-fears-b1767505.html
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
>So are you going to be the SnowHead Guinea Pig on the 26th ???

Could be. Just collected kits and digesting instructions. Seems straightforward. Lab has advanced time tomorrow for an earlier courier to Lab.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good luck
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh dear. Every where is now T4 from 260001 Dec!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just drive through and get out of Dodge, you’re coming back home!
latest report
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
colinstone wrote:
What is going to be very interesting is how many positive tests are found.
I have to say, it does seem to be a bit of shambles despite UK Govt claiming preparations for BREXIT have gone well. Seems to be a serious lack of sanitary facilities and even just plain water for the drivers.


They would have been perfect for Brexit, because due to a lack of capacity for heat treating pallets for ISPM15 (they are being built but first lockdown back in March means they simply will not be ready in time for 1/1/2021) then most of those lorries wont be travelling to any port in the first place due to lack of available pallets so the lorry parks would have been just peachy. Then again the lorry parks from the video footage don't look completed, probably due to the first lock down knocking plans back. Unfortunately the pig headed idiots in charge didn't take the option of an extension offered by the EU. Maybe we could have been ready for a no deal Brexit, but with COVID-19 there was no chance in hell.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
colinstone wrote:
Oh dear. Every where is now T4 from 260001 Dec!!


I assume you live in SE England to make an irritating comment like that? wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
denfinella wrote:
colinstone wrote:
Oh dear. Every where is now T4 from 260001 Dec!!


I assume you live in SE England to make an irritating comment like that? wink


Must be an MP with a London-centric view like that!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
>I assume you live in SE England to make an irritating comment like that?

Read my location a little more closely!! It is there for a reason. And never assume
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
colinstone wrote:
Read my location a little more closely!! It is there for a reason. And never assume

So you do live in South East England. Tier 4 doesn't apply to "everywhere".
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Read my locations, choice of 3, and deduce from my previous posts. Everywhere around my current location is T4.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Three quarters of England will be below Tier 4 after Boxing Day, though for how long ?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
colinstone wrote:
Read my locations, choice of 3, and deduce from my previous posts. Everywhere around my current location is T4.


Keep digging Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to drag it back to the original topic - surely the UK is buggered for this season now?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Suspect majority of UK will be in T4 within a few weeks. Glad I got a decent cut this Monday but pissed gyms are closing again.

Not close to any terms of the deal where does that leave the UK on EHIC, European Driving Licence and freedom of movement same as no deal?

Presume a deal doesn't change us being a 3rd country?
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy