Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Skiwi222 wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:
Compulsory wearing of masks in supermarkets due to end from 1st June.

Suspended for 3 Months.

Those nutjobs plan on bringing the mandates back in September...

Hmmmm, my reading was that the legislation to bring them back remains in place to effect a quick aboutface should it be needed. Wouldn’t be the first time… Laughing rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh…and there we are, page 200 Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cacciatore wrote:
Compulsory wearing of masks in supermarkets due to end from 1st June.

Public transport was also mentioned in the writeup I saw earlier, though it looks like it will be up to individual states to decide and consequently no-one will have a clue rolling eyes There has already been a noticeable drop in compliance, so I predict most will be gone by the weekend Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cacciatore wrote:
Oh…and there we are, page 200 Laughing

Depends on how many posts you view per page. It's page 133 for me
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are there still no Covid restrictions planned for this winter?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Matrix, see https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements - at this time, there are no restrictions except that I believe the requirement to wear a FFP2 mask on public transport in Vienna is still in force. As for what's planned, the Austrian government will be tracking the 7-day incidence rate and responding accordingly if the hospital admission rate increases beyond what is considered a manageable level. With widespread vaccination, it looks likely that there will be no additional restrictions - but if there's a new variant or a sudden spike in cases then that can of course change.

See https://orf.at/corona/daten/oesterreich for current stats.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Matrix, I don't believe so, no.

However, there are still rules in place regarding testing (if you have symptoms) and positive test results. However, I don't know how many testing centres are still running and therefore how practical the remaining rules are. For most people, most of the time, at this point, it is done.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
See https://orf.at/corona/daten/oesterreich for current stats.

Unfortunately, a lot of those stats are based on testing, and as there is very little testing going on, they won't be all that accurate.

The wastewater monitoring service gives a better picture, though this is only for Tirol, not all of Austria:
https://www.tirol.gv.at/umwelt/wasserwirtschaft/abwasser-monitoring-tirol/
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Matrix, a few months back the thoughts of the health establishment was that there would be waves of Corona infections this winter (the "German" experts have a big influence in Austria too) which would cause large amounts of economic dislocation. However it has not worked out that way, reported infections have been dropping as have the numbers in hospital. There was much concern over Oktoberfest bringing with it a huge number of cases but, though there were clearly some Oktoberfest related cases, nothing noticeable happened. This was closely watched with regard to apres ski activities in Austria. As things stand at the moment it looks like all the remaining "rules" will become voluntary over the next few months. Unlikely there will be anything to impact on skiing trips or post skiing partying.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you all this is great news and I hope it stays this way. Last Christmas was horrible with unvaccinated children having to test every couple of days. Just hope it’s stays business as usual.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarlet, accepted - but the numbers in hospital are well understood and reliable, and are not looking alarming currently:

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@munich_irish, great news
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ousekjarr wrote:
the numbers in hospital are well understood and reliable, and are not looking alarming currently

Well, sort of. AFAIK, the hospital numbers include everyone who has tested positive (I'm not certain, but it may be that everyone still has to have a test on or before admission), rather than just those admitted with covid. As a result, a large proportion are asymptomatic cases, and so the numbers may well rise but this is still not necessarily a cause for concern.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The "Night Clubs" in Snowspace are all gearing up for a December opening, 2 years after they were forced to close their doors.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I had thankfully forgotten this thread existed, far too much angst from the 1st July 2020 onwards. Hopefully it can gather dust in the snowHead archives.
snow conditions
@munich_irish,

Flying into Munich after Christmas, do we need masks at Airport and on public transport. Thank you
ski holidays
2waterford wrote:
@munich_irish,

Flying into Munich after Christmas, do we need masks at Airport and on public transport. Thank you

No, no and no on the flight either. You will however have to join the non-EU Passport line on arrival.
latest report
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
2waterford wrote:
@munich_irish,

No, no and no on the flight either. You will however have to join the non-EU Passport line on arrival.

Thank you but I’m Irish & flying from Dublin, only issue will be for e some reason my new passport isn’t machine readable and I will have to join the line to have passport manually read but after the hoops I had to go through last year after having the one shot J&J shot that is a minor inconvenience this year
snow conditions
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
2waterford wrote:
@munich_irish,

No, no and no on the flight either.

Are you sure? I thought Germany still had mask rules in place. They did in the summer.
snow report
@Scarlet, That was Summer. I've been back and forth twice this month. No masks anywhere.
latest report
@2waterford, the current situation is no masks on planes or in the airport, however masks are still required on public transport (buses & trains) but compliance is steadily declining (especially the s bahn from the airport). But the rules for local transport (as opposed to long distance trains) are set by the Länder and Markus Söder (prime minister of Bavaria) has announced that mask wearing will become "voluntary" in the near future, quite possibly 9th December but maybe 1st January. This has upset the Federal minister of health but Herr Söder has an election to win so wants to be seen to be pushing popular measures!

If you are flying with Lufthansa pretty sure that EEA passport holders get sent to the machines if not there can be long slow queues, dont think any machines at the old terminal everyone queues up at the same booths.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy