Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@hogofwar, here you go: https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Aktuelle-Maßnahmen.html (sorry, link not working, copy the full string)

These are the current regulations. The line you want is:
Quote:
Ab 1. Februar 2022 wird der gesetzliche Mindestabstand zwischen 2. und 3. Impfung von 120 Tagen auf 90 Tage reduziert

As previously mentioned, this is not directly related to travel, more a directive for the qualification for boosters within Austria. But that is where it came from originally, when all the 120 day confusion began. It was never meant to apply to tourists (as you saw, border police are not interested), but even if it did, the regulation changed on 1st Feb, so Crystal are 2 weeks out of date even with their errors rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quick appeal for advice - currently in Mayrhofen with the kids (came via Munich). The youngest (11) had lateral flow test to come here.

Just had email from Lufthansa about requirements and looks like we need a negative test for going back which I'd not factored in. Any idea how to get one...? Thanks!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@schnitzel_skier, info here on test https://www.mayrhofen.at/en/stories/free-pcr-gargle-tests
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@schnitzel_skier, not sure why you would need a test to return to the UK, there are also free LTF tests at Munich airport with a result in 15 minutes. Tests are not required for transit from Austria to Munich airport whatever the individual's vaccination status.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@munich_irish it was based on email from Lufthansa that said anyone over the age of 6 needs a negative test to travel if not vaccinated. Luckily the free gargle tests on offer here should be good enough for travel. Just don't want any hiccups as we try to get home!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@schnitzel_skier, negative test to travel to where? Maybe Lufthansa have a 3G rule on their planes, it applies on buses & trains in Germany so I guess it makes some sense if planes too. I flew out of Germany about 10 days ago on Lufthansa but given I have had 3 shots maybe I didnt take any notice of the email they sent. Not sure the other airlines have a similar rule.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry, Munich back to UK. This was what the email said:

"Please prepare yourself thoroughly and make sure you are holding all the necessary travel and health documents for your trip. All passengers departing from Germany aged six years or older must provide either a proof of vaccination, a proof of immunity or a negative Corona test in English, French, German, Spanish or Italian and present it when requested. Self-tests are not valid."

Let's just hope the gargle test is negative or we could have an interesting end to the holiday
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@schnitzel_skier, sounds like it's a requirement for flying out from Germany, it's not a requirement for flying in to the UK. That's confirmed by the fact that it mentions a test in "English, French, German, Spanish or Italian" as when the UK was requiring a negative test before flying back to the UK it would only accept tests in English, French or Spanish!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@schnitzel_skier, @munich_irish, From the Lufthansa website it's their requirement, this is the link to the FAQ https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information#accordion-item-section-proof and I've pasted the relevant bit below, if you are fully vaccinated no problem more of a challenge with children:

Information regarding the obligation to provide proof of vaccination or immunity or of negative Corona tests on Lufthansa flights

Generally, passengers must show a proof of vaccination or of immunity or a negative Covid 19 test at the time of departure. This applies on all Lufthansa flights for all passengers at or over the age of six.

Certificates are accepted in German, English, French, Italian or Spanish, self-tests are not valid.

Proof of vaccination: Valid is an analogue or digital proof of a vaccination series completed more than 14 days ago of a vaccine approved by the Paul Ehrlich Institute (= vaccines approved in the EU)
Proof of immunity: The proof of recovery (digital or analogue) must be a PCR/LAMP/TMA test proof that is at least 28 days and maximum 90 days old
Test certificates: Antigen, PCR, LAMP and TMA tests carried out at certified testing centers are valid. A PCR, LAMP and TMA test may be carried out at the earliest 48 hours before departure, antigen tests at the earliest 48 hours before arrival. (for departure in Germany at the earliest 24 hours before departure). For flights from virus variant areas, only PCR tests are valid.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I dont believe BA, Easyjet or the charter airlines have such a requirement? It is a fairly "German" thing at the moment. At work we have to keep a register of vaccination status, anyone not fully vaccinated (2 shots) has to do a daily test (which we have to record) to come into work. I guess Lufthansa have taken the decision that it applies to their passengers too.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have a couple of queries that I can't find any recent reference to. Hoping that someone here knows the answers.

We're traveling to Saalbach 5th March, flying into Salzburg with Jet2. Jet2 are saying that we have to complete a pre-travel clearance form, but a look at the Austrian gov't info suggests that we don't need to, as we're all boostered.

My questions are;

1. Do we really need to fill in the pre-travel clearance form?
2. Has anybody flown with Jet2 to Austria recently and established if they are actually insisting on the form to allow boarding?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@RobMcQ, you don't need to fill in the pre travel form, what I did (travelling BA) was attempt to do the form and then you get a dialogue box stating that you don't need the form and took a screenshot and printed it out to show the check in agent, who was glad that we had Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From TT

From Saturday 05.03

Quote:
All 2G and 3G rules will be lifted. Gastronomy, hotels and the like can be visited by everyone again in the future - and without any proof, a test is no longer necessary. In highly vulnerable areas (retirement and nursing homes as well as hospitals), the 3G rule for employees and visitors remains in place.

The curfew also falls, the night gastronomy is allowed to open again. Events can take place again without any restrictions on people and the ban on consumption is lifted.

The FFP2 mask requirement remains in place in some areas: An FFP2 mask must still be worn on public transport and bus stops, in essential shops (pharmacies, food retail, banks, post offices, etc.), as well as in old people’s homes and hospitals. Otherwise, a "recommendation" for the FFP2 mask applies to closed rooms.

3G applies as a general rule when entering the country from all countries, except from virus variant areas.

I would say this means apres ski is back from then but will have to wait for details
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@radar, Perfect, thank you.
snow report
Very Happy
snow report
Link to news in German: https://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/politik/oeffnungs-gipfel-alles-weg-ausser-masken/510832667
snow report
@munich_irish, That's great news, thanks for posting. We travel out that day, so it would be perfect timing for us. Any idea when we might get further detail?
snow report
@RobMcQ, It will take a few days to work everything out. Even then, these are minimum restrictions, so some states can retain some of the measures if they want. Some have already said that they will, or they want to “do their own scientific consultations” (there's limited trust in federal govt on this, it seems) before they decide what to do, and we will end up with another patchwork of regs where nobody knows what the rules are rolling eyes

However, the governor of Tirol doesn't like to put limits on tourism, so if you are coming to Tirol, it may be a bit more relaxed. One can hope Laughing
latest report
@RobMcQ, The Jet2 site is well out of date (still says you need a day-2 test to return to the UK..)
snow report
@Scarlet, Thanks. We're heading to Saalbach, so Salzburgerland I think? Sounds like we'll just need to wait a while and see what things look like in a couple of weeks.
snow conditions
@albob, Yes, I spotted that. I was mostly worried about turning up and getting a 'computer says no' answer regarding a form that I don't actually need to get into Austria. Radar's solution seems like the ideal answer.
latest report
RobMcQ wrote:
@Scarlet, Thanks. We're heading to Saalbach, so Salzburgerland I think? Sounds like we'll just need to wait a while and see what things look like in a couple of weeks.

Yes, Saalbach is is the Salzburg State.

The rule changes mostly surround Austrians/residents. The rules for entry to Austria seem to remain the same….which won’t limit activities for tourists who, by necessity, are likely to be triple jabbed or recovered etc etc.

I’m sure there will be some further clarification, however.
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
From TT

From Saturday 05.03

Quote:
All 2G and 3G rules will be lifted. Gastronomy, hotels and the like can be visited by everyone again in the future - and without any proof, a test is no longer necessary. In highly vulnerable areas (retirement and nursing homes as well as hospitals), the 3G rule for employees and visitors remains in place.

The curfew also falls, the night gastronomy is allowed to open again. Events can take place again without any restrictions on people and the ban on consumption is lifted.

The FFP2 mask requirement remains in place in some areas: An FFP2 mask must still be worn on public transport and bus stops, in essential shops (pharmacies, food retail, banks, post offices, etc.), as well as in old people’s homes and hospitals. Otherwise, a "recommendation" for the FFP2 mask applies to closed rooms.

3G applies as a general rule when entering the country from all countries, except from virus variant areas.

I would say this means apres ski is back from then but will have to wait for details

Fantastic news, thank you for posting. I'll be arriving in St Anton on 5th March for a week, it looks like it might be a more lively apres-ski scene than I could have hoped for this season.
snow report
Austria entry requirements will change on 5 March.

The general requirement to enter Austria will be eased from proof of a booster jab to proof of vaccination, recovery or a recent test, Health Minister Wolfgang Mueckstein said.
ski holidays
I hope this is the end of it now and we won’t go backwards next winter.
Am going to Westendorf on 26th Feb for 2 weeks and will enjoy a holiday with no tests etc to think about snowHead
snow conditions
Great news re the lifting of restrictions from 5th march . ive found a site called THE LOCAL AT which explains as they see the changes .As follows From22nd feb entry for adults is 3G i.e fully jabbed,recovered or negative pcr didnt see anything re minors. As of 5th march nightclubs and apres ski can reopen and no curfew or limited numbers .ffp2 masks no longer recquired other than in essential retail i.e supermarkets chemists banks etc and for travel into the country 3G.

Now just need the dutch(re ferry) to lift the recquirement for a negative lft and home or rather away free . It certainly looks as if things are going to be more relaxed after the first couple of days of our upcoming trip arriving austria saalbach 3rd for 10/11 days however reckon we will still pick and choose any venue and carry masks just to be careful, now getting a tad excited at getting back on the mountain having only a few weeks ago thought it could have been unlikely
latest report
I'm flying back to the U.K. from Zurich on 6th March, is the passenger locator form still required for U.K. entry?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidthornton wrote:
I'm flying back to the U.K. from Zurich on 6th March, is the passenger locator form still required for U.K. entry?

According to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19#if-you-are-fully-vaccinated, currently yes. I think it's likely this will end when the de-restrictions come into play at the end of the month.
ski holidays
Hmm. Thought I understood the requirements but a sense check would be appreciated. Son has profile vaccine, infection/recovered, vaccine and is aged 15. All evidenced via NHS app with barcodes etc.

So no need for a PCR or pre travel clearance form?

Thx
snow conditions
Snowbombing have announced that their festival in Mayrhofen is on in light of the announcement made yesterday / today.
ski holidays
Do the lifting of austrian rules on 5 Mar mean no mask for ski lifts or these considered public transport?
snow report
waynos wrote:
Do the lifting of austrian rules on 5 Mar mean no mask for ski lifts or these considered public transport?

My guess would be yes. I’m sure there is more detail to come…
snow conditions
Only a minor issue as I can check in at the airport...

...asked yesterday by BA to upload Covid cert. Uploaded mine at 8:50. Uploaded OH's at 9:05.

Hers... approved immediately. Mine... still "Documents Under Review". Can't do it again as says I've already uploaded documents...
ski holidays
I think they will still want masks on ski lifts at least cable cars and gondolas anyway. We will see.
snow conditions
I didn’t mind the masks once I found a way to wear it comfortably off my ears. The main thing for me was the tests. I’m delighted I don’t have to do them now. Flying direct to Austria though this time so no German rules to think about.
ski holidays
buchanan101 wrote:
Only a minor issue as I can check in at the airport...

...asked yesterday by BA to upload Covid cert. Uploaded mine at 8:50. Uploaded OH's at 9:05.

Hers... approved immediately. Mine... still "Documents Under Review". Can't do it again as says I've already uploaded documents...

Happened to us recently on a BA flight leaving Heathrow - just take your documents to the airport and check in at the normal desks. They'll have an iPad they scroll through and tick you hightlighted 'unapproved' entry and you'll be good to go.
latest report
Not sure this is really that relevant any more. Germany has removed the UK from its "high risk" list https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Transport/Archiv_Risikogebiete/Risikogebiete_aktuell_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile . In practical terms this means little change for people travelling onwards to Austria. The 3G rule still applies so unvaccinated kids (& others) need a recent test. As far as I understand it no need to fill in the arrivals form even if not transiting though whether the airlines can get their heads around that is a different matter.
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
Not sure this is really that relevant any more. Germany has removed the UK from its "high risk" list https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Transport/Archiv_Risikogebiete/Risikogebiete_aktuell_en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile . In practical terms this means little change for people travelling onwards to Austria. The 3G rule still applies so unvaccinated kids (& others) need a recent test. As far as I understand it no need to fill in the arrivals form even if not transiting though whether the airlines can get their heads around that is a different matter.

When you say arrivals form do you mean Passenger locator Form ??
I was probably going to fill it out anyway just in case ... Going to Austria via Munich with BA in 2 weeks time
ski holidays
@wasley, this https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ is no longer required from Sunday for travel from the UK. Once the UK is removed from the high risk list you will not be able to fill in a form anymore, you have to state any countries you have spent time in the previous 10 days and it only works if those countries are on the high risk list.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy