Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@ousekjarr, I had a similar decent experience with Lufthansa over New Year, a full refund on flights to Munich, mind you we weren't being let in during that period. I've another rearranged flight with them in March now Munich instead of Innsbruck via Frankfurt due to them cancelling a leg and we are still haggling Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roguevfr wrote:
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
dedders wrote:
Green pass app?? Is that something I should be loading now or doing in resort?

You can only get the Austrian Green Pass app on an Austrian phone number. All other "Green Pass Apps" are not the same thing but you don't need it anyway. Just stick to the NHS one.

The "grüner pass" ? Available from the android play store ? It's the official Austrian one, nothing to do with an Austrian phone number.

As ChrisN said lower down it now appears to have been "unlocked". Pre-Christmas it was unavailable on non-Austrian Android phones. I stand corrected.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For anyone who is interested - have managed to download the covid pass for 13-15 yr olds registered with a GP in Wales!!! (thought it was only going to be available in England). Shows a QR code for 2 jabs and importantly a QR code for recovery. YAY.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
14 year olds PCR is negative!! Austria and our first family holiday abroad since July 19, is now so close!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gilly28 wrote:
14 year olds PCR is negative!! Austria and our first family holiday abroad since July 19, is now so close!

Sounds positive Very Happy

Hope it all goes smoothly here on in!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry if this is within the 191 pages… I have failed to be organised enough to order ffp2 masks - does anyone know if Manchester airport sell them? Read somewhere Tui give you one for the plane and then I assume Salzburg airport will have plenty.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Lozza1uk, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disposable-Respirator-Protective-Filtration-System/dp/B08D7N16WF?tag=amz07b-21

Delivery on Friday if you're quick

Or they can be bought at Salzburg airport
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Off to Westendorf later this month (after 11th), not been there before so will make a nice change.
My booster was on 22nd October so how lovely it will be not to have to organise any tests before going, during the holiday or for when I come back! Different times to my last trip to Austria pre Christmas snowHead

Although I don’t need the PCR, what are airlines doing at check in though as I know what they can be like with getting muddled? I haven’t flown since 23rd Dec. Are they asking for it anyway even though it’s not needed officially for some? Confused

This time I’m flying to Salzburg so no need to worry about it being in Germany like last time snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Question for people over in Austria and those who have been on holiday, when you are out and about are you noticing people who are obviously sick. Coughing, sneezing etc.

I was just thinking about the attitudes of people to others displaying illness in public.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Can't say I've noticed a single person obviously ill. Mask wearing is pretty much 100% observed.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from ischgl and didn’t notice anyone being ill.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think generally because of mask wearing ordinary coughs and colds are definitely reduced considerably compared to normal winters.
I’d not had one in ages until this week which is a stinker! But it’s not Covid. I’m surprised I picked it up but I guess it only takes someone sneezing in a supermarket without a mask on and the droplets fly everywhere.
People in my local supermarket are still wearing masks though pretty much, I’d say 90% of them even though we don’t have to anymore here in England.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Jagerbull,
On my way back from Tux. Didn’t notice anyone ill. Mask wearing compliance high along with requirements for Covid- passport in bars/ restaurants and for ski-pass.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't sneeze in public, it's illegal you know Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@russ_e, I guess that's what I was thinking about with my question. Being placed in stocks and pelted with rotten fruit for coughing.
With an FFP2 mask on obvs.
latest report
I seem to sneeze a few times after red wine. I'll look forward to the stares! Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
Lozza1uk wrote:
Sorry if this is within the 191 pages… I have failed to be organised enough to order ffp2 masks - does anyone know if Manchester airport sell them? Read somewhere Tui give you one for the plane and then I assume Salzburg airport will have plenty.
Thanks

The answer was no when I last travelled through 2nd Jan. Boots airside in T2 is under construction.
ski holidays
Anybody been to Austria lately? So it looks like I will finally have a paper 'Recovered' certificate for my grandson from the GP before we go. It's not going to have a QR code but it's from the Austrian website. Will he have to produce this piece of paper all the time or is there somewhere where he can show his entry PCR and this manual certificate and get a QR code generated for his phone etc?
latest report
@dedders, there is no facility to do that in Austria.
snow report
Arriving Zell am See Saturday 12th, daughter not jabbed so having to contend with Ninja Pass however Zell has no appointments for the in resort PCR test for the duration of our stay!! Can we use UK LFT/Antigen tests daily do you think…planning on submitting results and using NHS email to attach to pass. I know the rules state 2 x PCR (one of these will be our UK pre-departure one) but the rules also suggest this is ‘ideal’ but not mandatory…any thoughts??
snow conditions
@Livepins, this link suggests you can collect a pack 10 PCR for use during you’re visit and then use the drop box on the required days

https://sbg-gurgelt.at/en/
snow conditions
Origin_Al thank you all registered, much appreciated
ski holidays
Hi Guys, any advice from those that have done this would be appreciated. I have done some research and think I am clear but like all these covid restrictions can be a little subjective. Travelling from Dublin to Memmingem in Germany then on to St Anton on the 11th March returning on the 18th. Both Ireland and Austria are considered high risk areas for entry to Germany. Entry to Germany requires registration and quarantine is not required if you prove vaccination, however I think that this is exempt as I will be in Germany less than 24hrs crossing the boarder to Austria. However I will register as it will be a requirement of the Airline. Entry to Austria will require proof of vaccination with the 2nd jab only valid for 180days and thereafter a booster which is valid for 270days.
I am vaccinated and boosted and have downloaded the Green pass app that has given me green ticks all around. So as I see it, just proof of vaccination is required but I will fill in the pre registration for Germany as there could be issues getting on the plan as they will not recognise the fact that I will be boarder crossing within 24hrs? Does this sound correct?
Thanks
BAJJ
snow conditions
@BAJJ, sounds all correct, there should be little stress. Use the airport address as your German address when filling in the arrivals form. Note the vaccine certificate needs to uploaded separately. You will almost certainly receive a text on arrival in Germany telling you to follow the rules about quarantine, dont worry everyone gets them they are not aimed at you personally.
latest report
@munich_irish, again, thanks for this reply too, good news and good hint to use the German airport as the address. Cheers
ski holidays
Just sharing my experience, just spent a week in Mayrhofen 29th jan-5th feb. as this thread has helped me a lot the last few weeks before we flew as I was so nervous especially before they got rid of the 48hr pcr requirement.

Flew from Newcastle, checking in and boarding was quick and no issues, slight delay of just 20 minutes and even landed in Innsbruck a bit early. Luckily they scrapped the 48hr pcr requirement that week coz we would’ve just had 1.5hr leeway before it goes over the 48hr window. Innsbruck airport was very busy, when we landed, there was about 5x TUI flights that arrived roughly the same time so they were very quick in the boarder control. An army guy just quickly looked at my covid booster barcode (didn’t scan or even check the name and date) then got through passport check in 2 secs. We were literally out the boarder control in less than a minute as I’m guessing they just want all of us out as there was another 5x flights to go through lol baggage claim was quick too, the whole airport arrival didn’t took that long and we were on our transfer couch straightaway where our lift passes was handed out…

The overall mountain experience was brilliant and “normal”, ffp2 is a must in gondolas but not so much in chairlifts. Some wore ffp2, some just usual face coverings, others none at all and from what I saw nobody really got told off. I think we were only asked once for our covid pass in all of the mountain bars and restaurant we went to. I used my apple wallet for my code which was so much easier but kept a paper copy just incase. Most still prefer cash as card machine we’re a bit slower up there.

Apres ski was still fairly lively and we had a blast, even forced us to explore new pubs/bars rather than our usual ice bar (coz it’s still shut) so it was a great experience. The 10pm curfew was not so bad coz by then we were all too tired anyway but they’ve extended it to midnight when we left.

The flight back to UK was a pain, queues were massive in Innsbruck and the usual delays but again, we were in no rush to go home!

There were Crystal ski reps everywhere and we’re very helpful, so any issues that we might had, there was one by our hotel lobby pretty much every morning.

Overall, so glad we went and didn’t cancel. Hope you all have a brilliant winter xx
snow report
@Kat.flynnigan, thanks for the update, all sounds good, didn't want to miss the trip this year. Was never one for the ice bar anyway, more the small place across the road or Mo:s Very Happy
snow conditions
Evening all - quick question about which country's rules apply.... Travelling next weekend to Austria via Munich with kids (11 and 14, eldest double jabbed).

Even though Germany is not our final destination, am I right in thinking the kids' tests have to meet their rules (i.e. no older than 48hrs compared to Austria's 72hr rule)? I've got a LFT for the youngest and PCR for the eldest lined up (and hoping both come back negative on Friday!!).

Cheers
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BAJJ wrote:
@Kat.flynnigan, thanks for the update, all sounds good, didn't want to miss the trip this year. Was never one for the ice bar anyway, more the small place across the road or Mo:s Very Happy

We been coming to Mayrhofen for years, apart from 2020 and 2021 for obvious reason and it’s always, after boarding, pilzbar then ice bar then late night pizza…this year was so different but in a good way, got to explore more different restaurants, ate really good food and experienced different bars/pubs which I can’t believe after all this time we never been! Laughing
snow conditions
My favourite bar in the Mayrhofen area isn't in Mayrhofen itself. The Yeti Bar in Hoarberg has been a good one for post boarding drinks. Only a cheap taxi back to Mayrhofen.

Obv this was pre covid. I suppose things may get back to something more normal at some point!
ski holidays
hi all, this thread was really useful in the lead up to our Austria trip, so here's a few bits of feedback after being in Lech last week...

- flew with Crystal - check-in was a visual check of vax pass which I had printed and some had on phone, I think just validating I had 3 doses.
- military personnel checked my printed vax pass on arrival at Innsbruck just before passport control - visual check of dose 3 and that name matched passport
- vax pass scanned at ticket office to validate lift pass
- every bar/restaurant we went into checked vax pass, some visual, some scanned. Also needed ID in some cases, so we all carried a photocopy of passport with us also.
- I only ever presented a printed copy of vax pass even though I had it on my phone also
- FFP2 masks everywhere in resort (which are cheaper in local Spar btw), including chairlifts - reminders from lifties if you forgot to pull it up. I personally found it minimal hassle to wear one, especially in poor weather since it was essentially my buff
- Crystal were ok at best I guess. Bus transfer to/from hotel could have been better. No rep in resort so when I had to contact their 24hr number to get some advice following an accident to one of our party, it took them 48hrs to get back in touch with a lame excuse the rep had been on their day off, by which time our friend had flown home
- But all in all a fab time, our hotel was first class and we had some great skiing, we didn't really do apres apart from a few beers at end of day, but it felt like a pretty normal ski holiday
latest report
We’re in St Johann now, and having read lots of reports on here of very strict mask rules, it feels relatively relaxed. They aren’t for example stopping kids who are just in buffs. Having said that pretty much everyone is wearing one.
Crystal sorted out the lift passes so no need for extra validation - rep said well you’re allowed in so we’ve assumed you’re all vaccinated. Have been asked for my covid pass in one bar, but in another they just asked if I had one, and didn’t need to see it.
All very straightforward at Manchester and Salzburg airports too! So glad we came as conditions are phenomenal
ski holidays
In Fieberbrunn yesterday, anyone with only a buff was not allowed on the lifts.

Buying a ski pass was more "relaxed" than at Westendorf or Ehrwald/Lermoos - there the qr code was scanned whereas here she just stared at it. Don't forget your id - photo driving licence has been fine.
snow report
Lozza1uk wrote:
Thanks

TUI were handing out FFP2 mask on my flight (free....) last week
snow conditions
albob wrote:
Lozza1uk wrote:
Thanks

TUI were handing out FFP2 mask on my flight (free....) last week

They were again on our flight but a friend visited Austria at Xmas so I “borrowed “ a few from her. Just actually had my pass scanned on the hill for the first time!
ski holidays
@Lozza1uk, easily bought from Amazon - or 59 cents a piece in Austria
snow report
I am contemplating going to join my sister at Easter in Mayrhofen. She has booked with sunweb, with accommodation which could take another 2. It would be me and my 12yr old. She is double jabbed and i was boostered in Dec. Do the boosters have an expiry for Austria?

We would join them a day later, does anybody know how Sunweb are handling the scanning of vaccine bar codes with respect to lift passes?
snow report
Booster is valid for 270days in austria, info here
https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
snow report
Just a point on mask wearing here in Austria. The basic rule is that Ffp2 masks are compulsory in all enclosed spaces AND non enclosed spaces WHERE you cannot keep 2 meters Abstand (distance) to other persons. This means when skiing, Ffp2 masks must be used on all Gondolas & Chairlifts with a (pull over) cover ("Haube" auf Deutsch) as these are classes as enclosed spaces. (Whether or not the Haube is closed.) Masks are NOT compulsory on open chairlifts PROVIDED one can keep 2 Meters (distance) to other people. In practice, this means that on sparsely populated open multi seater chairlifts skiers are not required to use a mask (& many choose not to) - so please don't criticise them for not doing so! However in practice on small open chairlifts (two man etc), masks are required as 2 Meter Abstand is not possible.
ski holidays
So for example, I was using an open and wide chairlift in Montafon today & virtually no one was using a mask, when there were only two or three sitting on the lift as there was sufficient "Abstand" to others. By contrast everyone was using a mask in the Gondola Kabinen...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy