Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@Markymark29, @Scamper, Are we quite sure that two vaccinations counts as fully vaccinated to avoid PCR, I thought you needed a booster? Hope I am wrong.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NickYoung wrote:
@albob, Yes, I realised my error (was convinced no-one would notice!).
Wink Wink !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Snowsartre, my understanding is: 2 jabs or proof of recovery AND a PCR test(now 72 hour) OR Booster jab.
so 2 jabs only will still need a 72 hour PCR
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Snowsartre,

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

"..When travelling to Austria, proof of double-vaccination/recovery is required as well as a negative Covid test or a booster jab. Please note that during your stay your vaccination might be valid for a shorter period of time than upon entry. Read everything you need to know below.

Last update: 24 January.."
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Up until now recovery equalled booster but that seems to have disappeared?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@james75, various scenarios here

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations#when-you-need-a-pcr-test

one is -- 2x vaccinated (or 1x with Johnson & Johnson), then recovered: no PCR test needed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Snowsartre,

That's what I said Cool

2+booster
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Snowsartre,

And Marktmark had already stated he was double jabbed and boostered.
Since I was quoting and replying to him I didn't bother including info about any other status in my reply.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Friend's son is 17 and currently has his 2nd jab booked for 10 days before arrival in Austria, Does anyone know whether they're still precious about having the jab at least 14 days before?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@TopGooner, the only date specification for vaccination validity is for the single-shot J&J vaccine, where 22 days must elapse from first dose. With 2 vaccinations of Pfizer or Moderna, he will only be allowed to enter with a negative PCR test taken less than 72 hours before arrival.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Awesome - thanks!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
albob wrote:
@james75, various scenarios here

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations#when-you-need-a-pcr-test

one is -- 2x vaccinated (or 1x with Johnson & Johnson), then recovered: no PCR test needed

Yes thanks - I saw that. However, later on the page (rules for children & teens) the requirements seem to contradict the first part!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all,

I know that this would have been covered already, but I am finding it hard to sift through the posts.

Just wondering what counts as proof of recovery to enter Austria? Is the QR code on the NHS app sufficient, or is a letter from a GP needed and, if so, is this needed to be paid for, or do GPs provide them normally?

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Zemery, I phoned my local practice in Aberdeenshire and today with this question and they said that a doctor would sign the recovered declaration that you can print off of the Austrian govt website, they said that this would be a private piece of work for the doctor out with his normal practice duties and therefore I’d have to pay for it (which I can accept), they weren’t able to give a cost but we had a similar letter signed a few years back to allow my kid to fly with a pin in his arm and I don’t remember it being a huge sum. Appreciate NHS England/Wales may have a different view.
ski holidays
@zemery, welcome to Snowheads!

This thread is now unwieldy and has lots of outdated information.

The QR code on the NHS app is accepted as proof of recovery. If you don’t have this for some reason (under 18s, or tested positive on a private PCR which wasn’t reported to the NHS) then a GP certificate is one option, as is the Austrian Annex I form, but both are chargeable from GPs and the form may be refused by your GP as many people have reported problems in persuading them to complete it.

You may also need a PCR test taken not more than 72 hours before arrival, unless you also have 2+ vaccine doses. See the examples under https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
snow report
From my perspective, the austria.info update from the 24th gives about the clearest and least ambiguous statement of what is needed - mostly for entry but also covering when you are in the country - that I've seen for a month (when it all got a bit messy).

Agree that this thread is probably now at risk of causing confusion - is there no 'wiki' option to add/maintain a summary of the requirements to the first page?
latest report
@ratechaser, not on this software, no. I did wonder about creating a summary post where we kept the first post as the current state, bumped older stuff to archive, and kept discussions in a different thread, but that’s a lot of work to maintain and at the end of the day it remains opinion and interpretation rather than something that anyone should rely on.

Though the thought of someone standing in front of the military checks at Salzburg airport and arguing that Snowheads says otherwise is something I’d pay to watch wink
latest report
Plus the reason that the official sites are so confusing is because the rules are complex and have to cover multiple classes of people and origin countries, so any attempt at explanation of what the rules are will end up being just as complex and for the same reasons.
snow report
@ousekjarr, surely Snowheads is THE authoritative source though?

Anyway, if stopped at the airport, I will fall back on the English arguments that:

- I didn't break any rules
- If anyone else broke any rules, I am shocked and appalled
- Although it may appear like I broke the rules, I was entering Austria for entirely work purposes
- Yes ok, there may have been a birthday cake in my suitcase but you've got to let me through because I was ambushed... or something...

Anyway, enough of that Toofy Grin
snow conditions
ratechaser wrote:
@ousekjarr, surely Snowheads is THE authoritative source though?

Anyway, if stopped at the airport, I will fall back on the English arguments that:

- I didn't break any rules
- If anyone else broke any rules, I am shocked and appalled
- Although it may appear like I broke the rules, I was entering Austria for entirely work purposes
- Yes ok, there may have been a birthday cake in my suitcase but you've got to let me through because I was ambushed... or something...

Anyway, enough of that Toofy Grin

Don't forget the booze in your suitcase.
snow report
More rule changes coming on Monday. These will largely only affect residents, not visitors (as you need to meet high standards to enter Austria anyway), but hopefully they are the start of some further easing of restrictions in the next couple of weeks. The “lockdown for the unvaccinated” is coming to an end, which makes some of the other rules (which are not yet being relaxed rolling eyes ) superfluous.

Some changes to vaccine validity periods which may be of interest:
Quote:
There are changes to the vaccination certificates. From February 1st, the legal minimum interval between the 2nd and 3rd vaccination will be reduced from 120 days to 90 days.

As of February 1 2022, the vaccination certificate for the first series of vaccinations (2 vaccinations or recovery + 1 vaccination) is only valid for 180 days (i.e. 6 months).

There is an exception for people under the age of 18. Their vaccination certificate for the first series of vaccinations will be valid for 210 days (ie 7 months). The vaccination certificate of the booster vaccination (3 vaccinations or convalescence + 2 vaccinations) is still valid for 270 days (9 months).

Vaccination certificates or other proof of vaccination remain valid for 270 days when entering Austria
snow conditions
Scarlet wrote:
More rule changes coming on Monday. These will largely only affect residents, not visitors (as you need to meet high standards to enter Austria anyway), but hopefully they are the start of some further easing of restrictions in the next couple of weeks. The “lockdown for the unvaccinated” is coming to an end

Hi Scarlet, was there any further info from your source regarding what the end of lockdown for the unvaccinated means? Especially in terms of what they can access? i.e. restaurants, hotels and, particularly, ski uplift?
latest report
@Cacciatore, Not really, which i why I haven't linked it. It's new info as of about 11am, but it sounded like the 2G regs in hospitality and retail remain in place for now. That doesn't really make much sense, so I think there are going to be a lot of arguments within the govt and state leaders for the rest of the week! Maybe ORF will have something more informative this afternoon.
ski holidays
@Cacciatore, This is better: https://orf.at/stories/3245087/
latest report
I've looked through this thread and followed the links to the Austrian info page, and one thing still looks unclear/ambiguous

The info here https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations seems to suggest that adults who have two jabs and no booster need to get a PCR before travel (fair enough) but further down says teenagers born after Sept 2006 who are not fully vaccinated need a ninja pass? I'm assuming 2 jabs and no booster is classed as not fully vaccinated?

Can anyone confirm, does a 15 year old who has had two jabs still need to get the ninja pass and do tests in resort or can they just get a pre departure PCR as an adult would?
snow report
@Tim M, Not certain of the answer, but as per the article and posts above, changes are coming on Monday which may affect the answer for you anyway.
ski holidays
@Tim M, no need for Ninja Pass would be my own read yes, because again, separating out the "entry" requirements from the "once you're in" requirements, 2 jabs and a negative PCR gets you in, and 2 jabs then gets you access to places.

So assuming you can provide the required proof of 2 jabs (which becomes easier once the NHS app is available to 12-15yos from 11 Feb), then the Ninja Pass seems to be unnecessary...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tim M, my current understanding is that "full vaccination" means two doses of an approved vaccine. Note that the wording on the Ninja Pass is that they "can" use it, not that they "must" use it - if they have two vaccine doses or one dose plus recovery, all they need is a negative PCR test taken less than 72 hours before arrival and they will have 2G status for the duration of their visit. The PCR test is for entry only - 2G status afterwards is entirely based on vaccination or recovery.

From the FAQ section:
Quote:
Do children need a PCR test?

Children under 12 years are currently exempt from entry rules (exemption: In Vienna, children from the age of 6 require an entry test). Teenagers born after 1 September 2006 who are not fully vaccinated or have not recovered from Covid, can obtain "2-G" status with the so-called "Holiday Ninja Pass"

Thus if they are fully vaccinated or recovered, this does not apply to them.
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
@Cacciatore, This is better: https://orf.at/stories/3245087/

Thank you Very Happy
snow report
Just for clarity, in Austria, “Fully Vaccinated” equates to having had 2 jabs. “Boosted” equates to having had the third jab.
ski holidays
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is an amount of time required between having booster and traveling to Austria?
latest report
shadyhands wrote:
Hi guys, does anyone know if there is an amount of time required between having booster and traveling to Austria?

You can have it on your way to the airport if you want. There is no amount of time required.
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
shadyhands wrote:

You can have it on your way to the airport if you want. There is no amount of time required.

Thank you. I presume it just takes time to show on the NHS vaccine passport app
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
shadyhands wrote:

Welcome to snowHeads, shadyhands snowHead

And yes, as Scarlet says, anytime before you arrive, so long as you have the correct proof Very Happy
snow conditions
@shadyhands, day 1, see https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information

My booster showed up next morning in nhs app.
ski holidays
Hello

Question regarding those who were able to get their doctor to sign the following document.

https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/Bundesnormen/NOR40234210/II_222_2021_Anlage_4.pdf

Did you have to do anything else after. I'm a little confused. Did you just print it off and get the doctor to sign it? It mentions below at the bottom about getting it verified? Also mentions a doctors seal. Do we even have those in the UK? Any help would be greatly appreciate.
latest report
Something that might have gone unnoticed.

From the 1st of February there are supposedly simplified EU wide rules for travelling see https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-countries-simplify-travel-covid-certificate/ . Not sure it will make much difference, however it will bring in a unified maximum validity for any vaccination certificate of 270 days / 9 months after the last shot. This could affect individuals who have only had 2 shots (all that is needed to enter Germany for instance).

Also note that the period when "recovery" is valid is possibly going to reduce to 3 months (it already has here in Germany) https://www.politico.eu/article/german-health-minister-wants-eu-to-shorten-recovered-period-to-three-months/
snow conditions
@ousekjarr, I can back this up as I asked the Austrian testing people (email address was in the guidance) - response below:

Testungen sichere-gastfreundschaft.at
26 Jan 2022, 13:27 (19 hours ago)
to me

Dear Mr. XXX,

For all entries from the 12th birthday onwards, a 2G proof (=proof of vaccination or recovery) and an additional PCR test will be required.
Your 14 years old son can therefore enter the country with with a proof of vaccine and a PCR test.
In Austria he does not need the Holiday Ninja Passport in this case, and no further test are necessary.

Best regards

Your team of Sichere Gastfreundschaft
snow conditions
@pineapplechunks10, my GP refused to consider it but if you can find one who is happy to complete it, they will have either an official stamp or embossed mark to authenticate it. The Austrian authorities are going to look at it for about 5 seconds in total, and they have no idea whether a letter from the Trumpton Surgery in Toytown is genuine or not. If I presented you with a letter claiming to be signed by Dr Gerhard Prieler in Kapfenberg, Styria and your job was to check that I have a reasonable form of proof but to do it as quickly as possible to keep the queue moving, you'd put aside your reservations that you'd never heard of Kapfenberg (the 3rd largest "city" in Styria with 22000 inhabitants), never mind the good doctor, and you'd decide based on whether it looked right, including an official-looking stamp. The fact that this is a real doctor in a real place would merely be coincidence, and it would never occur to you to check whether I actually live there or nearby.

Having said all of that, why do you need it? The NHS app shows a recovery QR code after 10 days, and this is good enough for adults. For children it's a different matter, but apparently that is all going to be fixed on 11th Feb in time for half-term trips - except that in common with many, we leave on the 11th to drive to Austria, and will need to provide proof of recovery for a 12 year old with one vaccine dose to enter France at 0800. For us, the NHS paper certificate ( https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs-covid-pass-for-12-15-year-olds-for-international-travel ) looks like the answer, and I have requested (but not yet received) one for my daughter via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 27-01-22 11:43; edited 2 times in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy