Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@enduroaid, totally agree, Radar minor has come in saying she can join us as she is reading the Austrian Tourist Board site.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't know that they are all saying different things just they aren't UK tourist specific and given the complexity of the rules when there are many different reasons for travel with different levels of restrictions it is easy to read different sections looking for what you want to find.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Turpin wrote:
Their website says there are free spit-pcr tests available, does anyone know what kind of turnaround they give? Hoping to use them to return to uk. Cheers

I had a spit-PCR test yesterday at Schwarzsee near Kitzbühel. The test was about 14:00 and the results turned up this morning at 08:39, i.e. 18-19 hours turnaround. I've no idea whether that is typical.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Chris_n, when it comes to entry for people who have had covid , there are inconsistencies, the Austrian embassy for the UK nor the Austrian Tourist Board for the UK mention the need to quarantine when you have completed appendix H/I.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@chris_n the uk embassy page makes no reference to the requirement to quarantine EVEN if you have provided a medical recovery certificate which is expressly mentioned on the Austrian government page… that’s a pretty important bit of info if you or your partner tested positive 20 days ago
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
With reference to the Embassy website the only criteria that allows tourists is section A, section C refers to recovery only for the people listed in that section.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The only part of the tourism website that applies to adult UK tourists is
NEW: Virus variant areas United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway

New rules for everyone arriving from the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Denmark and Norway. These countries are currently classified as virus variant regions in Austria. This means:

People who are fully vaccinated (double jabbed) AND have received the 3rd booster jab can enter Austria with a negative PCR test (valid 48 hours). Children under the age of 12 are exempt (see below)!If you have recovered from Covid and then received two jabs or the other way around, this counts as a booster as well. However, you still need a negative PCR test (valid 48 hours).People arriving from the UK can find more information here.

There is a separate section for children.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This doesn't exactly fill me with hope that travel will get any easier soon.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/ecdc-advises-against-travel-as-covid-19-situation-continues-to-deteriorate-within-eu/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If it is of any consolation the current regulations expire on the 31st of January 2022.
Presumably to be reviewed just before that date - Doesn't mean they cannot be extended of course.....

https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/GeltendeFassung.wxe?Abfrage=Bundesnormen&Gesetzesnummer=20011574
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@enduroaid, @ousekjarr, from the GB Ski Club Zell Am See FB page

Question
Evening, just asking for some help me and my girlfriend are going skiing to zell am see on Jan 8th. I have had 3 jabs so no issue but she's only had 2 but got covid in October so thats enough to get in to Austria, but she needs to get a proof of covid recovery certificate. Just wondering if anyone else had to do this and any companies they would recommend for the certificate?

Response
Austrian government website has a certificate you can download and get your own Gp to sign and stamp. We have used this and all was well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@radar, unfortunately that's a very good illustration of the problem. It is undated, unofficial, not relevant to my circumstances, omits the requirement for a negative PCR because of the Variant status, and I have no idea whether the person who posted it is knowledgeable or just decided to wing it and got lucky on the day.

It may be accurate - but it might not. It could be from 20th December before the Variant status was changed. Or it could be from today.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ousekjarr, The question was posted two hours ago, I’ve asked when they went through and which airport, will let you know if I get a response.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here’s the link to Crystals latest update.
https://www.crystalski.co.uk/resources/content/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-291221-at-1634.pdf#page3
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Doesn’t look like it’s working
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The PDF updates fast enough it's probably not worth linking directly to, you can find the latest link to it here: https://www.crystalski.co.uk/travel-with-confidence/entry-requirements/
ski holidays
To add to the above, the update we got from Inghams yesterday (also allowing us to change our holiday for end of Jan up to 14 days before we go, was previously 2Cool matches with Crystal in terms of what is needed and that a negative PCR is non negotiable to avoid quarantine.
snow conditions
The confusion over the "regulations" has been an issue for some time now. Partly this is down to trying to cover every conceivable circumstance which makes for a very complicated set of regulations. In theory the Health Ministry site has a complete set of them https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Aktuelle-Ma%C3%9Fnahmen.html (only in German so you will have to use a translator) but there have been cases where it has not been up to date.
snow report
@enduroaid, You seem to know the score. Keep me updated please.
ski holidays
@ousekjarr, had a response, they flew in to Innsbruck on Christmas Eve.
ski holidays
@munich_irish thanks, seems to be a no even with the recovery form and the booster, I think the obvious thing is to complete the Austrian pre travel form and see what it throws up, which I will try to do later today.
snow report
radar wrote:

Question
Evening, just asking for some help me and my girlfriend are going skiing to zell am see on Jan 8th. I have had 3 jabs so no issue but she's only had 2 but got covid in October so thats enough to get in to Austria, but she needs to get a proof of covid recovery certificate. Just wondering if anyone else had to do this and any companies they would recommend for the certificate?

Response
Austrian government website has a certificate you can download and get your own Gp to sign and stamp. We have used this and all was well

A positive PCR test appears on the NHS app as "recovered" after 10 or 14 days. Isn't this all you need for proof of covid recovery?
snow report
@radar, thanks - that explains the lack of any mention of the PCR, as it was before the Variant rules were changed.

Hopefully now that the RKI have dropped the variant rules in Germany the government in Austria will follow suit, and the PCR requirement will be removed for UK travellers. However I'll believe it when I see it.
ski holidays
buchanan101 wrote:
radar wrote:

Question

Response

A positive PCR test appears on the NHS app as "recovered" after 10 or 14 days. Isn't this all you need for proof of covid recovery?

Thats interesting, thanks, did not know that and it may help some
latest report
Swen wrote:
buchanan101 wrote:

Thats interesting, thanks, did not know that and it may help some

It gives you a QR code, just like the vaccinations do; I have a full house of 4 (2 + booster + recovered). It also appears in the Records section (Along with vaccination dates and vaccine used).

One of the better bits of government work
ski holidays
@buchanan101, it may be enough to prove recovery, but the current requirement is for a negative PCR from everyone, including boosted and recovered.

For a recent infection, the trouble is that repeated PCR tests may show positive for weeks for some people, and I have 2 weeks now before my trip. I plan to get a PCR test from Randox or similar to take after 10 days as a sanity check, and then another for the fit to fly certificate. I'd rather set my mind at rest 4-5 days out if I can instead of getting a result at midnight for an 11am flight, as not knowing adds to the stress and I have to pack, travel and stay overnight and then fly rather than simply leaving for the airport 3-4 hours before.
snow conditions
ousekjarr wrote:
@buchanan101, it may be enough to prove recovery, but the current requirement is for a negative PCR from everyone, including boosted and recovered.

For a recent infection, the trouble is that repeated PCR tests may show positive for weeks for some people, and I have 2 weeks now before my trip. I plan to get a PCR test from Randox or similar to take after 10 days as a sanity check, and then another for the fit to fly certificate. I'd rather set my mind at rest 4-5 days out if I can instead of getting a result at midnight for an 11am flight, as not knowing adds to the stress and I have to pack, travel and stay overnight and then fly rather than simply leaving for the airport 3-4 hours before.

I was only answering the recovered bit.

What you say makes sense, do one a few days out (though LFTs do most of the job - certainly when I caught it, the red line came up "ping" in a few seconds!)

The timing of the 48 hour test is very tricky - my flight late Feb, so hopefully improved situation - is 7:15am - timing of test for that is difficult!
ski holidays
LFTs will show negative after 5-6 days in most cases. As I said above, PCRs can show positive for 2-3 weeks for a significant number (maybe 10% ?) of people, and for 3-4 months for some. That's why the UK government advice is to not do another PCR for 90 days after a positive test. The recovery part is easy. Finding out whether you can produce a negative PCR test is only possible by taking a PCR test and looking at the result.
snow report
@buchanan101, yes it appears in the app, if you look back it was me that helped on that question a few pages back along with what we are doing for testing on the way out, just to recap we are going to test late on Friday at city airport using the 3 hour results test, our flight is Sunday lunchtime, plenty of leeway for delays and slows me to upload everything to BA and then check in online Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ousekjarr, spot on, that's why for my daughter the Appendix H/I for is important, she isn't travelling until the 13th the world can change by then!
ski holidays
If austria take us off the naughty step like Germany, then we no longer need a PCR to enter?
I am still struggling to get my booster to show on the app - currently chasing up NHS, PHW & GovWales trying to work out who can manually add my booster.
NHS confirms I have had my booster.. so 1 down, 2 to go!
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, I had the same issue, not sure if this will help but here is my little tale, I had my booster at the chemist no issue with the first two showing, the third wasn't after nearly two weeks, thanks to this thread I knew it should, I was on the phone to the GP's and asked if the could see me booster, no was the response, they suggested that I contact the chemist three calls and a visit sorted it out , an issue with data input Very Happy
snow report
Because my +ve PCR was the Randox Day 2 test, it doesn't show up on the NHS App. I'll phone 119 to try and add it later!
latest report
I am booked to travel with Crystal ski - flying to Innsbruck but staying in Italy. The adult kids can’t have their booster until after our trip - if we were staying in Austria it is clear we would unable to go but there is some contradictory info about whether or not transiting through Austria only means we all need to be boostered. Does anyone have any experience that can help me eitger way. I’m currently on hold to Crystal Ski btw.
ski holidays
It looks like I'll be traveling next weekend using 2 vaccs plus booster and the Austrian recovered form, although I might do a PCR at the start of next week to see if I test negative, in which case I could do a pre-travel one with a bit more confidence.

Just to change the focus for a minute - to return from Austria do we need the same pre-departure LFT as we did coming back from the PiPAU?
snow report
Tom Doc wrote:
Just to change the focus for a minute - to return from Austria do we need the same pre-departure LFT as we did coming back from the PiPAU?

Yes, this is set by the UK govt, and afaik hasn't changed. You can bring a private test with you or get one in resort for free or €25, depending on where you go.
snow conditions
JuliaLinsT wrote:
I am booked to travel with Crystal ski - flying to Innsbruck but staying in Italy. The adult kids can’t have their booster until after our trip - if we were staying in Austria it is clear we would unable to go but there is some contradictory info about whether or not transiting through Austria only means we all need to be boostered. Does anyone have any experience that can help me eitger way. I’m currently on hold to Crystal Ski btw.

Think transit means you only have to do the tests and meet the rules of Italy. Think its detailed on Crystals covid page
latest report
If anyone is travelling via Munich and has lots of cash you can get quick turn around tests at the airport

https://www.munich-airport.com/corona-tests-at-the-airport-9526455

The 30 minute PCR tests cost €240! Longer time = somewhat less expensive.

Lateral flow is free.
snow report
Having a bit of a wobble over my choice of pre-departure PCR. Booked randox, gonna drop it off at a dropbox around 4pm Thursday, for an 8.30am flight Saturday. Has anyone used them for pre-departure and how long did it take to get a result? Hoping to get a result by end of day Friday based on their literature.
snow report
@Scarlet, Ok ta.
snow conditions
Now having bother with the Austrian recovery cert linked to above. Our GP surgery hasn't heard of it and they won't sign it. I'm going to have to be very nice to my sister-in-law who happens to be a GP!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy