Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks — if hotels are closed during the lockdown, does this apply to apartment rental? I have a private apartment booked in Kitzbuhel via www.booking.com (assuming Tyrol enters lockdown as well)?

Thanks for your help! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You have a holiday to Austria in prospect.

We have just been informed that the state of Salzburg is in lockdown until at least December 7th. Because you are going on holiday after this period, this will not affect your trip.

Of course we keep a close eye on the information and we will inform you in time when these measures will also affect your holiday.

We hope to have informed you sufficiently for now, but please do not hesitate to contact is if you have any questions!

I fly on the 11th Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're due to fly into Salzburg on the 21st to head to the Zell am See area.

Our accommodation is cancelable until a week before. Which is before the 17th. I suspect Mr. O will want to cancel as soon as I tell him about this latest lockdown. I have spent the evening reconciling myself to Christmas at home.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Owlette wrote:

Our accommodation is cancelable until a week before. Which is before the 17th. I suspect Mr. O will want to cancel as soon as I tell him about this latest lockdown. I have spent the evening reconciling myself to Christmas at home.

Sorry to hear that — I too have had to cancel a ski trip in Salzburg: Saalbach. Sadly, I would imagine that the lockdown in Salzburg will be extended at least up to the end of December; in which case I would imagine that in any event, your accommodation will be obliged to refund you, as they will be prevented from accepting visitors.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If Austria is in lockdown, will they allow us to drive through on the way from Germany to Switzerland?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Owlette,
I have had 2 flights cancelled. One for the 10th & one for the 11th
rebooked a 3rd flight from another airport.
I am kinda stuck as my ski element is Sunweb & not cancelable.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Poogle wrote:
Hi folks — if hotels are closed during the lockdown, does this apply to apartment rental? I have a private apartment booked in Kitzbuhel via www.booking.com (assuming Tyrol enters lockdown as well)?

What do you think? Would that apply to apartment too? No of course not, apartments are cool, and they don't fit under tourism but under necessary services, basically same as hospital. So no worries, apartments are exempt from lockdown. Ski places, nightclubs, restaurants too. It's hotels only. rolling eyes

Tiefschneetaucher wrote:
If Austria is in lockdown, will they allow us to drive through on the way from Germany to Switzerland?

Transit was always allowed regardless how hard lockdown was. But you can never be sure what will they figure out this time. But if last year is any measure, then transit shouldn't be an issue, and last year I never had any issues with basically no checks once I said it's transit only.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Poogle, private apartment rental was banned last time and I'm sure it will be this time. For details of what will actually happen this time we will have to wait for the actual announcement and subsequent regulation.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Press conference at 10am today, the press are speculating about a possible nationwide lockdown for Monday.

https://www.sn.at/panorama/oesterreich/live-bundesweiter-lockdown-ab-montag-112698178
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Poogle, agree with @Chris_n, haven’t seen the detail but it’s likely to be tourist accommodation as it was last time.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Apologies for all the posts!
A bit of good news, the booster will be in the NHS APP soon

Holidays will be easier this Christmas after news that the NHS app will start showing booster jabs in the coming days. The Covid travel pass featured on the app is expected to start displaying evidence of a third dose. The change is designed to help older people when travelling to European countries, which have started imposing restrictions on those who have not had a booster.

Source The Times.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@radar, swiss news says there is an Austrian National lockdown from Monday. They’re referencing today.at
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Nadenoodlee, have to wait until 10 (9 UK) to be sure, all the states need to agree.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@radar, But not U16s. Good to see they get their priorities right. Over 65s vote Conservative, under 16s-who are still the main demographic who still can't travel freely-can't vote at all.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Poogle wrote:

Thanks for your help! snowHead

i have booked for the weekende 03 - 05 Dez.
Yesterday they wrote me that they send the money back beucause there are not allowed to have guests

Appartment in Radstadt.
snow report
@radar, i know, however… We have Ischgl on 11/12 - i’m writing it off.

I wish people would just get vaccinated and we might have a way out of this shitstorm.
snow conditions
radar wrote:
Press conference at 10am today, the press are speculating about a possible nationwide lockdown for Monday.

https://www.sn.at/panorama/oesterreich/live-bundesweiter-lockdown-ab-montag-112698178

They are as bad as Johnson, giving the virus the weekend to have a bit of fun as he did back in March 2020. Don't people ever learn? Why not immediately?

Scouting out a long weekend in January to replave my (most likely) lost week in 3 weeks time; the prices of car hire in Innsbruck have rocketed; now £300+ for even the cheap (non Hertz/Avis etc) options
latest report
@buchanan101, time to see loves ones and prepare them or move them where they can be cares for. Not everyone goes out on the lash.
snow conditions
@Nadenoodlee, I have flights booked for the 6th, I might be changing those!
ski holidays
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@buchanan101, time to see loves ones and prepare them or move them where they can be cares for. Not everyone goes out on the lash.

They should - as Johnson didn't do - at least shut down hospitality immediately. Maybe they will. Just seems nuts to say, in effect, that you can party this weekend like it's 1999...
latest report
@Nadenoodlee, Austrian govt can't/won't prevent you from seeing your family, and care duties are always an exception. More likely it will take 3 days to get the relevant regs through legally, and communicate them. Hardly anything opens on Sundays anyway.
snow report
Austrian press reports are that the general restriction will apply for 20 days until December 13th. After that the general restriction will continue to apply only to the unvaccinated. More importantly (though not for visitors) there will be a legally mandated requirement for Austrian residents to be fully vaccinated by 01.02.2022 (this was the compromise that meant the ÖVP agreed to drop its previous absolute opposition to restrictions for those already vaccinated).
snow report
buchanan101 wrote:
They should - as Johnson didn't do - at least shut down hospitality immediately. Maybe they will. Just seems nuts to say, in effect, that you can party this weekend like it's 1999...

What, throw everyone out into the street with a hour's notice, like they did in Ischgl? That didn't end well.
You can let people go to bars, where they can be 2G controlled, or you can kick them out into their house parties which have no controls at all.
ski holidays
We're due to travel on 17/18th - that's very tight!
ski holidays
@Scarlet, +1. Evidence overwhelmingly points towards CV being spread by extended contact in people's homes. Shut down places for people to go at this time of year where risk can be controlled, and they will just meet at home. Particularly the demographic who are against covid vaccines and restrictions in the first place. If you want to stop covid spread, then start by banning indoor social mixing at home. Everything else is covid theatre.
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
… there will be a legally mandated requirement for Austrian residents to be fully vaccinated by 01.02.2022
That’s a big decision, I think the first country to make vaccination a legal requirement? If approved, do you think it will be enforced any anyway, beyond the current checks that are made on things like entering bars, shops, hotels, etc?
snow report
Scarlet wrote:
buchanan101 wrote:

What, throw everyone out into the street with a hour's notice, like they did in Ischgl? That didn't end well.
You can let people go to bars, where they can be 2G controlled, or you can kick them out into their house parties which have no controls at all.

OK, I meant shut bars immediately. Not sure everyone who would go to a bar would go to a house party instead

Yep, I was there in Ischgl; luckily had a hire car - took 5 hours to get out of the valley as the checking at the entrance was so badly organised ("let's check one car at a time..."). Also quite what they were doing stopping the 3 gondolas back to the village for at least an hour with people on board
snow report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@radarI wish people would just get vaccinated and we might have a way out of this shitstorm.
This
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Scarlet, for those in Austria yes but those in the diaspora may want to get in quick. My colleague is on her way to Graz as of last night to see her elderly parents.
snow report
Steilhang wrote:
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@radarI wish people would just get vaccinated and we might have a way out of this shitstorm.
This

At Cambridge vaccination centre yesterday and some guy who had to get vaccine for work was saying he doesn't "believe" in vaccines.

It's not a %^&*ing "belief". It's "fact".

Bed he did his research on Facebook. Or watched videos on Bitchute
snow conditions
Slightly different speculation than that reported by munich_irish

"The governors of Austria’s nine provinces are meeting Austrian Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg and Health Minister Wolfgang Mueckstein on Friday and due to announce whether a national lockdown will be imposed at a news conference at 12:30 p.m. (1130 GMT).

Austria introduced a lockdown for the unvaccinated on Monday but infections have continued to rise far above the previous peak a year ago, when the country went into a national lockdown.

Several newspapers including the Kleine Zeitung and influential tabloid Kronen Zeitung said officials agreed overnight that a lockdown would be imposed as of Monday, initially for 10 days".
ski holidays
@buchanan101, definitely part of the problem ...

An acquaintance was "forced" to get his jabs as part of their business is located in hotels and in France public facing hotel staff need to be fully jabbed. He was apparently honestly quite surprised after the first jab that he had not died from the experience, the idiot. Unfortunately both his partner and his therapist (he's not unwell, just more money than sense) are fruitloops.
latest report
@rob@rar, in Austria, as in most countries, you have to legally registered at a particular address. All sorts of administrative things like tax, electoral register, health etc are linked to this. It would be possible to ensure all residents have had the box ticked. Some places (Vienna & Vorarlberg I believe) are already sending out vaccine appointments to those who are not. I am sure there will be a few who will try to dodge this and there will be loud complaints from some but I suspect the overall effect will be to get to a very high level of vaccination. What the political fall out will be is another matter.
snow report
Poogle wrote:
Owlette wrote:

Sorry to hear that — I too have had to cancel a ski trip in Salzburg: Saalbach. Sadly, I would imagine that the lockdown in Salzburg will be extended at least up to the end of December; in which case I would imagine that in any event, your accommodation will be obliged to refund you, as they will be prevented from accepting visitors.

We booked the accommodation via VRBO so we can have a full refund as long as we cancel by the 7th (checked it last night). The area we could lose money on is the flights. We have booked indirect (LHR-FRA-SZG) They are non-refundable if we cancel, but refundable if the airline cancels. So now we're at their mercy and need to hope that they cancel and refund us... Then I can rebook for a last minute trip to France instead wink

We'd also be happy to take a credit voucher and use it for a trip in February or Easter for somewhere else. Has anyone had any luck talking to a person at Lufthansa and getting something similar?
snow conditions
@munich_irish, thanks, very interesting.
snow conditions
We booked the accommodation back on the 4th September 2020. 'We won't still be living like this at Christmas 2021, surely'
ski holidays
Thankfully my third vaccine dose has now appeared in the NHS app.

One bit of good news, I suppose
ski holidays
Finger crossed all this gets back to normal asap.

We are booked for Alpbach in feb(half term) and saalbach for a (Ageing) boys long weekend!!

We are booked to fly into munich and my sonis 11 so will not be vaccinated, according to what i have read he should have to isolate in germany for 5 days.

Would it though be possible because we are only using the airport as a landing base and travelling straight away via transfer bus to austria and would this be classed by border controls as transiting?
snow report
Australia announces full national lockdown for at least 10 days.

But I would imagine it’s going to be until at least Christmas.

https://m.dw.com/en/covid-austria-announces-lockdown-and-vaccine-mandate/a-59873499
latest report
Austria will go into national lockdown from Monday as the country grapples with record coronavirus cases.

Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg is telling a news conference the rules will last for a maximum of 20 days.

Austria's national lockdown will be assessed after 10 days, the chancellor says.

"We don't want a fifth wave," Alexander Schallenberg tells a news conference after meeting the governors of the country's nine provinces at a resort in western Austria.

He is also announcing that Covid vaccinations will become mandatory from 1 February.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy