Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
It will be interesting to see if these requirements make a difference to the infection rate in ski resorts or not.

It should do theoretically speaking but what made me think about it today is the way some (a lot of?) people behave with regards to personal hygiene and respect for others. For example this week I’ve seen two blokes picking their nose at the table at lunchtime, don’t think I’ve seen one person using the hand sanitiser before going in the canteen bit, you get these countless hands going in the cutlery by the tills and this morning I saw a bloke pick up several bread rolls from another table to examine which one he wanted before taking one on his travels. The people who hadn’t sat at that table yet obviously weren’t to know that all their bread rolls had been mauled by some bloke Puzzled
Yes you need some germs in your life but considering we are meant to be in this pandemic business some people’s manners leave a lot to be desired.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apparently a new lock down (‘stay at home’) has just been ordered in Oberösterreich - only for unvaccinated though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@celicadriver, if you go back couple of pages I have posted a link to the Austrian Embassy website where there is an English language certificate you can print off and get your doctor to fill in.
If the infection is followed by a vaccine then that counts as fully immunized for 270 days from the jab. The certificate will be all you need, you do not need QR codes or apps.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
It will be interesting to see if these requirements make a difference to the infection rate in ski resorts or not.

Ski resorts are not known for corona outbreaks, not since Ischgl 2020 anyway, so no, they won't make much difference to an already low number.

Otherwise, if I understand the policy correctly, then your concerns about hygiene are irrelevant, broadly speaking. The policy doesn't prevent the spread of corona, otherwise the bars would be closed. It simply removes the people most at risk of needing a hospital bed from the situation. From that perspective, it doesn't really matter how good the hand hygiene is of everybody else – they've proved their immunity and are therefore at low risk of serious illness.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
clarky999 wrote:
Apparently a new lock down (‘stay at home’) has just been ordered in Oberösterreich - only for unvaccinated though.
Had to happen sometime. Generally the mood towards the unvaccinated is not very positive around here right now!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarlet, I understand the vaccination policy but I thought that the idea behind the mask wearing (specifically FFP2 in enclosed spaces rather than cloth or Buff style masks being allowed) and all the hand sanitiser you see in hotels at the entrance, supermarkets, the restaurants etc was to significantly reduce the chances of the infection spreading?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
its not so much the actual skiing/accommodation etc thats the problem its getting there and back. we drive but seems a minefield in testing etc and looks like a crossing to rotterdam and through holland and germany is going to be in the lap of the gods ,( cant seem to find a definitive set of rules/regs) the alternative of driving full length of england to go via france and germany is logistically arduous , getting third jab tommorrow so thats sorted will just have to wait and see cos atm other than hotel booked with a good cancellation policy its starting to look a bit less likely but ever hopeful still a while till march
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@Scarlet, I understand the vaccination policy but I thought that the idea behind the mask wearing (specifically FFP2 in enclosed spaces rather than cloth or Buff style masks being allowed) and all the hand sanitiser you see in hotels at the entrance, supermarkets, the restaurants etc was to significantly reduce the chances of the infection spreading?

No one touches the hand sanitiser, that's just for show. You're right about the FFP2 masks, but it does actually fit because in those areas where they are required, there are no access restrictions and so there are unvaccinated people at risk of infection. The exception to this is ski lifts, but I think it's a legacy from the 3G policy, and they can't change it now that the cases are so high Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@clarky999, I suspect the same is on the way in parts of Bavaria, all the districts adjoining OÖ & Salzburgerland have very high incidence / low vaccination rates. 2G seems inevitable for any sort of social activity pretty much everywhere. Lots of discussion over how practical it is to have 2G Christmas markets. Also seems likely the RKI will designate Austria as a "high risk" country which would put quite a large barrier in place for unvaccinated Germans visiting Austria as they would have to isolate on their return.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarlet wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

No one touches the hand sanitiser, that's just for show. You're right about the FFP2 masks, but it does actually fit because in those areas where they are required, there are no access restrictions and so there are unvaccinated people at risk of infection. The exception to this is ski lifts, but I think it's a legacy from the 3G policy, and they can't change it now that the cases are so high Confused

I see.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
munich_irish wrote:
Also seems likely the RKI will designate Austria as a "high risk" country which would put quite a large barrier in place for unvaccinated Germans visiting Austria as they would have to isolate on their return.

Will that designation make much additional difference to the visitor numbers though? Austria doesn't want unvaccinated Germans to visit – they can't go anywhere once they get here so in most cases will already have been put off.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@munich_irish, My quote was from the Austrian Government site today and is a direct cut and paste. Part 2 of the quote is what is relevent for the OP.

Their teenage son is good for 360 Days with proof of previous infection AND 1st Dose, both for entering the country and compliance with 2G. This does not change on 06 Dec 21.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarlet, thats true, though it does add to all the Schnitzelpanik stuff. It does feel as if the governments both here (though in reality there isnt one!) & Austria have just woken up to what has been obvious for a long time!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
oh men...thats is a really big problem for families with Childrens till 12 Y old (as we)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@turms2, No it isn't. Children under 12 are exempt if travelling with vaccinated adults.
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, I am no expert in Austrian law but the FAQ document available at https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Aktuelle-Ma%C3%9Fnahmen.html dated 09.11.21 says in relation to "Genesenen" ie those counted as recovered for the purposes of the 2G regulations

Quote:
Immunisierung durch Impfung von Genesenen:
− Sofern mindestens 21 Tage vor der Impfung ein positiver molekularbiologischer
Test auf SARS-CoV-2 vorlag oder zum Zeitpunkt der Impfung bereits ein Nachweis
auf neutralisierende Antikörper vorliegt, gilt der Impfnachweis bereits ab dem
Zeitpunkt der Erstimpfung mit einem von der EMA zugelassenen Impfstoff gegen
SARS-CoV-2 für 360 Tage.
− Ab 6. Dezember beträgt die Gültigkeit dieses Impfnachweises 270 Tage.

As this is published by the Austrian health ministry (or to be precise "Bundesministerium Soziales, Gesundheit, Pflege und Konsumentenschutz") the original German is what is important but a rough translation would be as follows

Quote:
Immunisation by vaccination of convalescents:
- Provided that a positive molecular biological test for SARS-CoV-2 was available at least 21 days
test for SARS-CoV-2 was available at least 21 days prior to vaccination, or if proof of neutralising antibodies
neutralising antibodies at the time of vaccination, the proof of vaccination is valid from the
vaccination with an EMA-approved vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 for 360 days.

- From 6 December, the validity of this proof of vaccination is 270 days.

There seems little room for any other interpretation than 270 days from 06.12.21
latest report
As I was just about to close the FAQ (its not linkable only downloadable) document in the above posts I saw this (page 13 under the Sport heading)

Quote:
Welche Maßnahmen gelten für Seil- und Zahnradbahnen (z.B. Skilifte,Gondeln etc.)?

Ab 15. November 2021 darf der Betreiber, die Betreiberin von Seil- und Zahnradbahnen
Personen nur einlassen, wenn sie einen 2-G-Nachweis vorweisen. Es herrscht keine Maskenpflicht.
Seite 14 Coronavirus – Aktuelle Maßnahmen: FAQ zu den Stufen 2, 3 und 4
Ausnahme: Personen, die die Seil- oder Zahnradbahn zur Deckung notwendiger Grundbedürfnisse des täglichen Lebens benutzen, müssen keinen 2-G Nachweis erbringen, aber
eine FFP2-Maske tragen.

ie no masks if 2G from 15.11 on lifts etc. That fits in with what someone linked to above in a Dutch summary of all this but it did meet with scepticism here, seems odd to me too but who knows.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 11-11-21 17:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@munich_irish, I bow to your research. There is a disconnect between what the Health Ministry is saying and what is on the Immigration and Tourist site. It would make sense for everything to be 270 rather than have a mismatch. Best just get those boosters or change your booking to stay in the window.
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, agree there is a lack of joined up thinking here, I suspect down to the fact that some civil servant overlooked updating the entry regs to match the health regs. The tourist folk use the entry regs which then causes confusion but that seems to be how life in Austria is at the moment, hardly any different here, at least Austria has a government!
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
there is a lack of joined up thinking here

Understatement of the century! Laughing Apparently it's now 2G for Christmas markets, but they don't want to restrict access generally Puzzled so you can go and walk around, but you need a 2G wristband if you want to buy something rolling eyes And you are supposed to register if you are eating in one place for 15min+, so I expect there will be a lot of people moving on at 14.5min, or more likely ignoring the QR codes as usual.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, but the entry regs haven't changed. If anyone over 270 but less than 360 days wants to come and stay in their privately owned appartment and maybe look after the baby while their other half etc goes skiing then that is still allowed. I agree it would be easier if they were aligned but that would have meant passing and publishing another regulation with all of the discussion involved in that.

It's not just the Austrians that can't keep up with these things , I received an email from UK gov this morning with changes to travel to Austria updated with advice for West Ham fans going to Vienna, there is no mention of validity of vaccines at all for entry into venues.
snow report
It looks slightly like a panicked response but then that's hardly surprising given how fast cases per million have risen in the last month. The graph is striking.
snow conditions
munich_irish wrote:
As I was just about to close the FAQ (its not linkable only downloadable) document in the above posts I saw this (page 13 under the Sport heading)

Quote:
Welche Maßnahmen gelten für Seil- und Zahnradbahnen (z.B. Skilifte,Gondeln etc.)?

Ab 15. November 2021 darf der Betreiber, die Betreiberin von Seil- und Zahnradbahnen
Personen nur einlassen, wenn sie einen 2-G-Nachweis vorweisen. Es herrscht keine Maskenpflicht.
Seite 14 Coronavirus – Aktuelle Maßnahmen: FAQ zu den Stufen 2, 3 und 4
Ausnahme: Personen, die die Seil- oder Zahnradbahn zur Deckung notwendiger Grundbedürfnisse des täglichen Lebens benutzen, müssen keinen 2-G Nachweis erbringen, aber
eine FFP2-Maske tragen.

ie no masks if 2G from 15.11 on lifts etc. That fits in with what someone linked to above in a Dutch summary of all this but it did meet with scepticism here, seems odd to me too but who knows.

I wondered where that had come from, as unlike most of the articles coming out of the British press, the Dutch one wasn’t littered with inaccurate information. This was the only thing that red flagged it for me I think, but that explains it. Still, doesn’t mean I’m confident that it will happen.
ski holidays
Keeping track of the ever changing Austrian rules is giving me a headache!

Due to go to St Anton on the 15th Jan. Had my 2nd jab on the 9th March so would have been fine under the 360 day rule but not on the 270 day rule (as that is 9th Dec ish). However booked for my booster/3rd vaccine on the 19th Nov so I think as long as I can get some proof of this (via GP record or if the NHS COVID app is updated) should be fine to use ski lifts/hotels in Austria until August 2022 ish unless they change the rules yet again?

Relevant because I have a hotel reservation I can cancel without charge before Sunday!
ski holidays
@DrNo, You're good once you have your booster. You can go on the NHS App (Not the COVID pass App) and download your vaccination records.
latest report
@RedandWhiteFlachau, OK, sounds good, I think I need to contact my GP as my NHS App doesn't have detailed records and it seems you need this enabled so will do that now. Also have to make sure that the Scottish administered booster makes it way to my English GP which is I am sure easier said than done rolling eyes Should be able to get some local proof to pair with my NHS COVID pass in the interim though
latest report
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@DrNo, You're good once you have your booster. You can go on the NHS App (Not the COVID pass App) and download your vaccination records.

Is your booster shown in the app? Apparently there’s no QR code for it yet.
snow report
@andy from embsay, you don't need a QR code!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No - but it’s helpful. But the question was does the booster show in your vax records in the app or d’you need to get a separate copy?
latest report
@andy from embsay, no, the booster doesn’t show in the app, there are lots of us hoping it will.
You can ask your GP to complete this form https://www.bmeia.gv.at/fileadmin/user_upload/Vertretungen/London/Impfbestaetigung_Sept_2021_B.pdf

I’m assuming your departure is imminent

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 11-11-21 21:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Thanks @radar,
snow report
Brilliant! Thanks radar!
snow conditions
@andy from embsay, @Gilby, unless your going December I would hold off asking your GP to complete it as they may update the app, also the GP’s may charge .
ski holidays
I just naturally assumed the days for entry would soon follow the 270 restriction and it was just a some kind of info lag. So the entry rules are not expected to change?
latest report
@radar, that’s my thinking. It’s not that hard to add a QR code to the app given it’s already got access to your medical records.
latest report
@sibhusky, there is nothing in the press here about changing entry regulations for Austria.
snow report
GPs will charge for filling in forms and proof of vaccination etc.
Personally I'm hoping the NHS app will get updated soon to show all 3 doses.
Also, for free you can sign up for online access to your record with most GP surgeries. You can probably download what you need. My 3rd Pfizer jab is listed there on my medications.
ski holidays
I'm a bit concerned about my husband who is 41. He isn't eligible for the booster jab (UK), hasn't had covid and his second jab was in April. We're booked to be going to Saalbach early February. Is there any hope?
snow conditions
I would be hopeful they start boosting in time order for under 50s quite soon!
ski holidays
Doesn't look good based on the current Austrian rules. Maybe ask if you can transfer to different country or postpone?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy