Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@VolklAttivaS5, and on chairs?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Our Health Minister (Dutch) is putting pressure on through diplomatic channels to force Austria to change tact.and follow EMA gu ide lines ....
Don't see it happening but you never know ..

https://www.nu.nl/coronavirus/6166911/nederland-gaat-proberen-oostenrijkse-coronaregels-te-versoepelen.html
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Listening wrote:
@VolklAttivaS5, and on chairs?

The only chair I went on today didn’t have a cover/bubble so you don’t have to wear them on those.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
Our Health Minister (Dutch) is putting pressure on through diplomatic channels to force Austria to change tact.and follow EMA gu ide lines ....
Don't see it happening but you never know ..

https://www.nu.nl/coronavirus/6166911/nederland-gaat-proberen-oostenrijkse-coronaregels-te-versoepelen.html

I think that when/if they see the numbers of vaccinated Austrians increase significantly then they might relax the rules especially as the Dutch represent a significant proportion of the tourists to Austrian ski resorts? They can’t go unless the 2 jab rule is relaxed for the Johnson & Johnson 1 jab people.
I think maybe they will see how it goes early season too to see if the numbers increase in ski resorts in particular or if the rules in place have had the desired effect of keeping the infections down.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Was talking to a Dutch hotel owner yesterday, she said she had lots of bookings for the winter but had quite a few cancellations from Dutch following the press reports in the Netherlands on Monday / Tuesday.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris_n wrote:
Was talking to a Dutch hotel owner yesterday, she said she had lots of bookings for the winter but had quite a few cancellations from Dutch following the press reports in the Netherlands on Monday / Tuesday.

In a normal winter you certainly hear a lot of Dutch voices so I would imagine that the hotel owners would be keen to still have the Dutch. Have they all had Johnson & Johnson 1 jab then? I don’t know anyone in the UK that had that it was either Pfizer or Astra Zeneca. If a jab is one dose only like J&J then it is only fair it’s accepted in my view.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 11-11-21 12:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Certain age groups of Dutch are mainly vaccinated with Janssen (J&J), I contacted a couple of Dutch colleagues who I know had Janssen to alert them, they can probably get boosters here because they will be working here. We have a lot of repeat Dutch family business here with grandparents unable to come many of the cancellations will be for groups of 10-12!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Chris_n wrote:

I’m a normal winter you certainly hear a lot of Dutch voices so I would imagine that the hotel owners would be keen to still have the Dutch. Have they all had Johnson & Johnson 1 jab then? I don’t know anyone in the UK that had that it was either Pfizer or Astra Zeneca. If a jab is one dose only like J&J then it is only fair it’s accepted in my view.

One jab J&J was never approved for use in the uK

Here in Ireland we only had 250,000 doses which were given mainly to 50/55 cohort, which I fall into.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@2waterford, would that not entitle you to a booster fairly soon? The booster will be pfizer, and Luke O Neill was saying yesterday that the over 50s are in the next round up, as those with only one shot, have are in a greater need of a booster.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
2waterford wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Chris_n wrote:

I’m a normal winter you certainly hear a lot of Dutch voices so I would imagine that the hotel owners would be keen to still have the Dutch. Have they all had Johnson & Johnson 1 jab then? I don’t know anyone in the UK that had that it was either Pfizer or Astra Zeneca. If a jab is one dose only like J&J then it is only fair it’s accepted in my view.

One jab J&J was never approved for use in the uK

Here in Ireland we only had 250,000 doses which were given mainly to 50/55 cohort, which I fall into.

I see, that would be why then!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
biddpyat wrote:
@2waterford, would that not entitle you to a booster fairly soon? The booster will be pfizer, and Luke O Neill was saying yesterday that the over 50s are in the next round up, as those with only one shot, have are in a greater need of a booster.

Yes I am hopeful, i just hope they call the over 50s soon, especially those who got J&J
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Found this today. It does help clarify some of the questions folks have asked vis vaccines.

Vaccinated:

BioNTech / Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca: 9 months after receiving the second or third vaccination.

Johnson / Johnson: valid until 02.01.2022, then a second vaccination is needed.

Recovery 1/1 Vaccinated: 9 months

All vaccines not approved in Austria (e.g. Sputnik V): not valid

Transition period until 6.12.2021: Until then, access is also possible with initial vaccination and additional PCR test.

Recovered:

Proof of recovery or separation notice: valid for up to 6 months (180 days) after the end of the quarantine. A separation notice or a medical confirmation of an infection confirmed by molecular biology serve as proof.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Saalbach have updated their website with the rules for this winter :

For the use of the lifts we are obliged from 15 November 2021 to check a valid 2G proof (vaccinated or recovered). The ticket only allows access to the ski area if a proof of 2G status is provided. Details will follow shortly!

The wearing of a FFP2 mask is obligatory from the age of 14 and masks & tube scarves are obligatory from the age of 6 in the corresponding marked areas:
in enclosed rooms, lift stations, entrance/exit areas and throughout the journey in the lift (excluding t-bar lifts)
when using the WC facilities

https://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/ski-resort/safe-together-alpincard
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Email from Sunweb - we both double jabbed so no problem.

Code:
How nice that you are going on a skiing holiday to Austria soon. Unfortunately, the number of corona infections in Austria has increased significantly, which means that they started phase 2, the 8th of November. This means that the rules have been tightened. This change mainly affects travelers who are not (fully) vaccinated. Below you will find more information about what this means for you.

What do stricter rules mean?
In Austria, the 2G rule applies, which means that you must be fully vaccinated or have a certificate proving that you have recovered from covid-19, to be able to check in at a residence. This also applies to the use of ski lifts, at meals and at sports facilities. All types of Corona tests, both PCR and antigen tests, are no longer valid to gain access to the above sites. In addition, the period of validity of the vaccination certificate has been adjusted to 9 months after complete vaccination. The measures apply to everyone from the age of 12 years old.

What happens if you only have 1 vaccination?
The 2G rule, has a transition period of four weeks, from the 8th of November. During these four weeks, you will still be admitted if you have received your first vaccination in combination with a PCR test. A complete vaccination is therefore not yet required during the transition period. After this period, you will need 2 doses. Note: as of January 3, the Janssen vaccine (1 dose) will no longer be accepted for entry into Austria.

Do you not meet the requirements? Then we offer you until and including 14 of November, the opportunity to rebook your holiday to another country, or another period. If you want to do this, you need to rebook via "My Sunweb". This is done in three steps:

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 10-11-21 21:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I know it is only a broad outline but a couple of important points are missing, recovery is only valid for 6 months and recovery plus subsequent single shot of vaccine is considered fully vaccinated. Maybe you should tell them wink
ski holidays
So as long as I can prove I have been double jabbed (second was June 1st) and I am going to have booster 1st Dec or thereabouts, I am ok to go to Saalbach in January?
latest report
@2waterford, if you rock up to vaccination centre and try to bluff your way in, I'm pretty sure they'll let you through. All those staff working in vaccination centres want to get shots into arm's, can't understand the snails pace of NIAC, and are generally appalled at the end of any day when there's been no shows. I would chance it..
latest report
@ribblevalleyblue, 270 days from your second jab, so yes

the NHS app will work, take several printouts as back up
snow conditions
ribblevalleyblue wrote:
So as long as I can prove I have been double jabbed (second was June 1st) and I am going to have booster 1st Dec or thereabouts, I am ok to go to Saalbach in January?

My calcs say 270 days from June 1st is 22nd March, so you would be well within the 270 days of 2nd Jab under Austria's current rules.
ski holidays
Thanks @radar and @Mr.Egg, still 50/50 as whether to book, news in Germany I was just reading on rising cases doesn’t give confidence that things may get more restricted, but does seem an attack on the unvaccinated
latest report
@bambionski Are you aware if it has to be covid then jab for teenagers or does jab then covid work too? Nightmare!
snow report
@shardoski, Covid then jab only.
snow conditions
@shardoski, Proof of COVID infection within last 6 months trumps the Jab! It doesn't matter which order it happens.
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
ribblevalleyblue wrote:

My calcs say 270 days from June 1st is 22nd March, so you would be well within the 270 days of 2nd Jab under Austria's current rules.

Isn't it 360 days?

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
snow report
@kb36, no, it’s changed. That page hasn’t been updated yet.
snow conditions
@kb36, The page has been updated, click on the word "here" in Red in the first bullet.
snow conditions
So what happens if someone is within 270 days on entry but over it on exit? I am ok but my friend got his second jab on 30 April which by my calculation puts him at 267 days when we are scheduled to arrive on 22 January and stay for a week, interestingly it mentions 9 months. He has had a booster but of course the NHS Scotland app does not currently give proof of this.
ski holidays
kb36 wrote:
So what happens if someone is within 270 days on entry but over it on exit? I am ok but my friend got his second jab on 30 April which by my calculation puts him at 267 days when we are scheduled to arrive on 22 January and stay for a week, interestingly it mentions 9 months. He has had a booster but of course the NHS Scotland app does not currently give proof of this.

It means that he needs to get alternative proof of his booster if the NHS app is not updated by then, otherwise he won’t have access to ski lifts, hotels or restaurants.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This is my position too. My 2nd Pfizer Jab was Feb 2021 and my 3rd one Oct 21. I can't prove the third yet as the NHS all won't put them in the NHS pass
snow report
That august journal Heute is quoting the soothing words: "Österreich verhängt Ski-Verbot für Ungeimpfte" "Austria imposes ski ban on unvaccinated"

Emailing off the medical certificate from the Austria travel link above ( www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/Bundesnormen/NOR40234210/II_222_2021_Anlage_4.pdf ) to my GP as I'll be past my 270 days without the booster logged. Spoke to the surgery who were actually pretty helpful and said they'd see what they could do.

Let's see what happens.
ski holidays
Then there is this

Insider: Brothel offering free sex to people who get vaccinated against COVID.
https://www.insider.com/brothel-offering-free-sex-with-covid-19-vaccine-2021-11
snow report
kb36 wrote:

Your friend is fine, just go to his GP and get a paper copy of his innoculations.

Hypothetically, your friend meets the entry requirements and will have no problem leaving Austria and returning to the UK. However, for the last 4 days of his trip he falls into the unvaccinated category and 2G rules apply whilst in Austria. No restaurants, bars, public transport etc. Technically he could be asked to leave his hotel/apartment as well.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 11-11-21 11:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Don't rely on technology when old fashioned paper is available Very Happy

Just dont get it wet Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hi All,

Does anyone know the rules for Covid recovery plus single vaccine please does not seem totally clear on the various sites. My teenage son had Covid around a year ago confirmed by PCR and now has had his first vaccine, will that make him considered fully vaccinated in Austria? I'll still need to work out how to prove it of course.
latest report
@celicadriver, This is the line that refers to your specific circumstances for entering Austria.

"The vaccine certificate is valid for 360 days after the 2nd dose for 2-dose vaccines. In people with a past infection + one vaccination, it is valid for 360 days after that one dose."

The second bit is the important bit. So you need to have evidence from his GP that he had COVID and you need his record of the single vaccination, he is then good for 360 Days post single vaccination. The same rules cover the 2G restrictions once you get here.
latest report
@RedandWhiteFlachau, not sure why you are keeping going with the 360 days thing. It is absolutely clear from the Austrian government site https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Aktuelle-Ma%C3%9Fnahmen.html that it is 9 months. This has been all over the media too.

Quote:
Grüner Pass:

Gültigkeit für neun Monate nach der 2. Impfung, danach braucht es eine 3. Dosis für ein gültiges Zertifikat (tritt am 06.12.2021 in Kraft).

Für Janssen-Geimpfte gilt ab 03.01.2022: Es braucht eine 2. Dosis für einen gültigen Grünen Pass.

Basically the 2nd jab is valid for nine months then a certified 3rd jab is required from 6/12/21, Jansen only valid until 3/1/22 after that a second jab is required.

Whether this has any real scientific basis is another question but those are the rules in Austria from early December.

The rules for entry are different

Quote:
Zweitimpfungen sowie alle folgenden Impfungen werden bei Einreisen auch dann anerkannt, wenn sie bis zu 360 Tagen zurückliegen. Als Nachweis einer geringen epidemiologischen Gefahr gilt die 2. (bzw. bei Einmalimpfstoffen und Genesenen mit einer Impfung die 1. Dosis) sowie die 3. Impfung. Zwischen 1. und 2. Impfung müssen mindestens 14 Tage, zwischen 2. und 3. Impfung zumindest 120 Tage liegen.

Here a 2nd jab is valid for 360 days but not much point if you are not allowed into a hotel or to get on a ski lift! Perhaps OK if you plan to go touring and live in a tent Very Happy
ski holidays
So 9 months validity for doing anything other than lying in (non Hotel) bed. 12 months to get in the country. Makes sense rolling eyes Must be different departments in charge of the two things!
snow report
@Steilhang, Schnitzelpanik Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Steilhang, Ha! You're expecting a coherent policy! We'll be having none of that, it's hair on fire time Laughing
latest report
@munich_irish, Schnitzelpanik - the new Austrian word to describe the current Covid situation.!!! Had to look it up Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy