Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
@Alastair Pink, am I also correct in thinking that people in Europe who have had only one vaccine following a previous Covid infection are not recognised as being fully vaccinated in the UK?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mankei, correct
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
270 days isn’t great Sad this stops Brits coming for the ski season unless we get a third top up??? I can’t come for the Easter holiday I’ve booked!

“second injection no more than 270 days before arrival”

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements?fbclid=IwAR14pmi5AbHfnoOrF7v41csWxN7m7ef8LBXglWMLXDVAabM4nTsGerLbo7Y
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski wrote:
270 days isn’t great Sad this stops Brits coming for the ski season unless we get a third top up??? I can’t come for the Easter holiday I’ve booked!

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements?fbclid=IwAR14pmi5AbHfnoOrF7v41csWxN7m7ef8LBXglWMLXDVAabM4nTsGerLbo7Y

A lot will change by then. A few days ago we wasnt even welcome to visit
snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What does the first limb mean?

a) 21 days have passed since the first vaccination, although this must not be more than 90 days ago (in force until 18 August 2021),
b) second vaccination not more than 270 days ago,
c) 21 days have passed after a vaccination which requires only one dose (not more than 270 days ago), or
d) vaccination, provided that there was a positive molecular biological test for SARS-CoV-2 at least 21 days before or proof of neutralizing antibodies before the vaccination, whereby the vaccination must not be more than 270 days ago.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It’s the most weird entry rules I have seen.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok sorry first limb is that your first jab no more than 90 days from the second jab.

Second jab valid until 270 days.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So let’s say you had your second jab end of May. Takes you to end Feb.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Matrix, as I said, that kills Easter skiing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, random arbitrary length of time. I bet it changes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@holidayloverxx, agree.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's possible the time limit could get shorter in view of the way the protection appears to be dropping off in Israel. Or the interval between doses might become a factor. Not to mention the make of vaccination, mix of vaccinations, make of boosters, place of manufacture.

Personally, I'm booked (mostly refundable) for three weeks in January and, for now, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kitenski wrote:
@Matrix, as I said, that kills Easter skiing

Booster jabs may come into play for those of a certain age ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
esaw1 wrote:
It's possible the time limit could get shorter in view of the way the protection appears to be dropping off in Israel. Or the interval between doses might become a factor. Not to mention the make of vaccination, mix of vaccinations, make of boosters, place of manufacture.

It’s not going to get shorter. The first vaccinees will be coming up on 9 months in about October, and surprise surprise, booster jabs start mid October. Nobody in Austria is going to be able to get a booster on a shorter time frame than 9 months, so politically it doesn’t work to shorten the limit. If anything, it will get longer. The other thing that could happen is that the vaccination passes go out of use altogether and then the date doesn’t matter, but that seems unlikely mid-winter.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski wrote:

I have been worrying about this very issue, but apparently we are going to start doing boosters in September or at 8 months.
snow report
This is quite troubling and wiped out two later season trips. I think that only the over 50s and vulnerable will be offered boosters? Does Austria have an Equalities Act Sad Sad
snow report
Austria is not alone in having seemingly odd rules, the UK has plenty of those for non UK / Irish nationals. The 270 day thing made some sense when it was implemented a good time back as there was little knowledge about how long the vaccines would work for. It seems unlikely that Austria is currently planning on doing third jabs for its entire population, Germany certainly isnt. Given that the 270 day thing will either have to be extended or dropped at some point but it does take time for these things to work through bureaucracies. Plenty of other things to worry about!
snow report
I guess a lot of rules will be based on variations.
Currently the world accepts the current known variations as they already everywhere in the Western World.

I assume if there is no new variants, then the rules may be eased up
snow report
That said see https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/17/cdc-data-booster-shots-505637 I guess we might all be queuing up for more jabs in the near future amid plenty of arguments about who should get them.....
snow conditions
Austria is currently preparing to start booster shots for over 65s and vulnerable people with younger people to follow later.

From Tiroler Tagezeitung
Quote:
According to the recommendations of the National Vaccination Committee, people at a particularly high risk of developing COVID-19 should receive another vaccination as soon as possible , no later than 9 months, and younger people no later than 12 months after the full initial vaccination (1 or 2 doses depending on the vaccine) .

The rules currently are similar to what is required within Austria for access to certain places and events and will be changed again as the internal rules change. Quite what they will be come winter is anyone's guess.
It has also been anounced this week that anyone wanting to do a ski instructor course must be vaccinated and they were talking about the requirement for all ski instructors to be vaccinated.
snow report
Drove from the UK to Austria yesterday via Eurotunnel, France and Germany. The only checks we encountered were at Folkestone, where French Customs asked to see our vaccination certificates.
snow conditions
Anyone been through The Netherlands?
snow conditions
After Israelis, NHS staff will be the first big cohort of heavily monitored vaccinated people to reach the 9 month timeframe this autumn.
Any big differences in length of immunity between Pfizer and AZ jabs will start to become evident then but it probably won't be politically acceptable to differentiate between people with different vaccinations. Not in the next year or two anyway..

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 18-08-21 13:50; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Ithink travel by train in some parts of Austria may be tricky
https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/gallery/2021/aug/17/bosnian-bride-tree-climbing-races-tuesday-best-photos#img-1
ski holidays
@radar, lots of posts in the "travel in France" thread on this subject.
latest report
It’s not the first flooding/weather issues this year
snow report
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/disastrous-flooding-submerges-areas-salzburg-184557169.html
snow report
@munich_irish, thanks will have a look .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
so just checked with my NHS paramedic wife, she got her 2nd jab in March, i got mine last week. were booked for 2 weeks in Jan.....solo trip it is then
snow report
@munich_irish, thanks
ski holidays
BoardieK wrote:
After Israelis, NHS staff will be the first big cohort of heavily monitored vaccinated people to reach the 9 month timeframe this autumn.
Any big differences in length of immunity between Pfizer and AZ jabs will start to become evident then but it probably won't be politically acceptable to differentiate between people with different vaccinations. Not in the next year or two anyway..

Yep, had my second jab at the start of March so not ideal for winter trips to Austria since that "expires" early December. Have a trip planned for January (though I can cancel it up until around November at least) and was considering an Xmas trip so may have to see what boosters are planned from September and/or whether the time limit increases.... Certainly not helpful...
snow conditions
@munich_irish, just tried loading my NHS Covid Pass into the Corona Warn, without success any other app recommendations?
Quote:

@Austrian Seagull, there is lots of info on the "travel to France" thread on what you need to go to France and onwards, from the various reports it sounds straightforward. Probably best to avoid the Hull Rotterdam ferry as that sounds like grief. If you are just transiting Germany than no need for paperwork, though best to make sure you have the Austrian form printed out just in case there is a check (very unlikely but you can then prove you are passing through on the way to Austria). If you are going to stay overnight in a hotel in Germany you will need to fill in this form https://www.einreiseanmeldung.de/#/ and upload your vaccine certs. Also be aware that both Germany & Austria require FFP2 masks in many situations, you can get away with the basic ones by playing stupid tourist but best get them beforehand if you can, they are sold in every service station & supermarket here. I would also highly recommend using one of the German apps eg Corona Warn to scan in your vaccine cert (yes they work with NHS certs and are in English) which gives you an EU "green pass"
latest report
@radar, You could try the Austrian “Grüner Pass” app, or the French one “TousAntiCovid” I believe. I don't know what will work though. I've never had my app scanned in Austria, so you'd probably be fine with a printout of the NHS cert.
snow report
@radar, it loaded fine for me, also with French TAC.

What problem are you having with corona warn? You are scanning your 2nd jab cert and not the first one from your NHS app?
snow conditions
@radar, I have watched three people do it with no problems so not sure why you cant. I presume this https://www.coronawarn.app/en/ is the app you tried? You have to scan in the printed pdf (second jab) rather than try to scan in from another phone? I also assume you pressed the "certificates" button at the bottom and then pressed the "+ certificate" ?
ski holidays
Might I apologise in advance if this is a lazy post, but I am confused as to what is and what is not in scope.

I am looking at booking a ski trip in Austria at the end of October. We can either fly to Munich from London and hire a car, or drive from SE England. I would prefer to fly but might it be less hassle to drive (covid paperwork, airport queues, plane safety etc)?

Second question: Mme S and I are both double jabbed; Mlle S is 16 and being jabbed - which counts as double jabbed - next week. Another child aged 13 on day of travel, 12 if travel by car the day before and youngest aged 9. So, what PCR tests will we need, for whom and when?
Those of us jabbed will need to upload into the app. What else do we need to do? Will we all be allowed into restaurants and on to lifts? Any border issues? And are we best to avoid France altogether and Fly? Any hassles at Munich airport and crossing into Austria (paperwork, tests etc)?

As I say a lazy post but it might be useful to other heads looking at a half-term trip. I thank you!
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, @munich_irish, I think it maybe than I'm using the QR code from my Covid Pass (printed out) rather than the letter? It's the Corona Warn app from you link.

Thought it would be easier to have something EU rather that NHS Very Happy
snow report
@Snowsartre, Might be a lazy post but I'll be watching replies with interest as I have an Austrian trip booked for January. I'll then give all the gen. re. my trip after I get back. This, for me, is what Snowheads is about; sharing useful information. Eh oh!
snow conditions
@radar, what letter?

In the NHS app, not the NHS covid app, click "get your NHS covid pass". There are then 2 buttons. Domestic and Travel. Click travel. Scroll down and get the pdf. Print it and scan the 2nd dose QR code. Confusingly it is the first QR on the cert.

Are you maybe scanning the 2nd QR, which is your first dose?
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, The NHS will also post you a letter confirming your vaccination status.

It's from the NHS App and I've got the pdf, have printed out a few copies and tried to teh second dose QR code

The Frecnt TAC has worked Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy