Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Roller ski bag

Poster: A snowHead
@Old Fartbag, I understand and realise the difference between 170 and 180 rolling eyes
Mine genuinely must be longer than yours as I can fit my fore arm (elbow to fist) between the end of my skis and the end of the bag. This I is where I put my boots, so considerably larger than 4 inches. I have added a compartment t here to store boots etc to avoid the massive sag.

Typical sport direct that the sizes are different; my son had a pair of socks ftom there once where the foot on one was about 2 inches shorter than the other Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tazz2bme wrote:
@Old Fartbag, I understand and realise the difference between 170 and 180 rolling eyes
Mine genuinely must be longer than yours as I can fit my fore arm (elbow to fist) between the end of my skis and the end of the bag. This I is where I put my boots, so considerably larger than 4 inches. I have added a compartment t here to store boots etc to avoid the massive sag.

Typical sport direct that the sizes are different; my son had a pair of socks ftom there once where the foot on one was about 2 inches shorter than the other Puzzled

That is truly weird - unless at some point they made the Banff Ski Bag longer and have both models in stock, so it's just luck of the draw.

When I put my Skis along side the bag, they actually look a little longer than the bag.

I seem to remember looking into this some time ago, where their Roller Bag only fitted skis of 170.

Apologies if it looked like I was making out that you couldn't add, as that was not my intention....it's just "several inches" could be anything from 4 to 8.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
"...it's just "several inches" could be anything from 4 to 8..."

That's what I tell the G/F... Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ordered mine from House of Fraser, £30. due to arrive Sat, so will measure it and give feedback over fitting skis in.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
albob wrote:
"...it's just "several inches" could be anything from 4 to 8..."

That's what I tell the G/F... Wink

Very Happy

Good if you can get away with it!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.

well, the bag has arrived a couple of days earlier than expected. Advertised as having pockets, but it doesn't.

Looks about same volume as my old bag, but with wheels. Will have to wait until I go back home at the weekend to see if everything fits, but doesn't look like boots and helmet will go in. Pity, as I was hoping to carry a bit less weight in my holdall.

Still a bargain at £30 as my old one has quite a bit of wear and tear over the last few bashes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@brianatab, What length is it?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
claimed to be 185, but will check with a tape tomorrow.

Sent email to supplier asking why not as advertised. will keep you all informed
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brianatab wrote:
claimed to be 185, but will check with a tape tomorrow.

Sent email to supplier asking why not as advertised. will keep you all informed

As far as I can see, it doesn't have Boot/Helmet pockets; it doesn't have an expandable handle and isn't 185....but other than that - It's great. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would recommend anyone looking for a roller ski bag to look at Douchebags. It has enough room for 2 pairs, packs down much smaller than other bags and uses a roll-down top to get the length exactly right for your longest pair of skis, which go side-by-side flat on the bottom of the bag to give it rigidity. I got one last season and it is so much better than the huge 2-pair "coffin" I used to lug around.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Old Fartbag, That's the gist of the email I sent them.

Apart from that, as a roller ski bag for £30, It's a bargain. Can always try an impression of @hurtle, and wear my boots through the airport. Might delay security while I get them off though. Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Update on the bag.

Boots might fit in, but problem with skis Puzzled

Skis are 173cm, so should fit in a 185cm bag without any problem you would think. Skis were a tight fit in the zip, so measured bag to find it is only 175cm.

You can imagine the email!

Bought it from House of Fraser rather than Sports Direct as thought they might have better customer service than anything Mike Ashley involved with. Will keep updated.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
House of Fraser is Mike Ashley. Why else do you think they are selling Nevica stuff?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
+1 for Douchebag.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
brianatab wrote:
Update on the bag.

Skis are 173cm, so should fit in a 185cm bag without any problem you would think. Skis were a tight fit in the zip, so measured bag to find it is only 175cm.

Bought it from House of Fraser rather than Sports Direct as thought they might have better customer service than anything Mike Ashley involved with. Will keep updated.

I reckoned that 173 might just squeak in - but would be very tight.
latest report
I managed to get 1 ski in by twisting the bag, but not the second. I decided not to force it as it might not have come out.

@Dave of the Marmottes, Didn't realise he owned House of Fraser. Anyway, website says I can take returns to any store, so taking it to Nottingham. I can then talk directly to Customer Services. I am not going to pay return postage for an item delivered incorrectly.
ski holidays
brianatab wrote:
I managed to get 1 ski in by twisting the bag, but not the second. I decided not to force it as it might not have come out.

Well, I was sort of right. A single 173 fits - but not two. This Ski Bag is for one legged Skiers with a 173 ski. Who knew?
snow conditions
Well, you know Mike Ashley, always looking for a new angle to make a fast buck. wink wink Very Happy

He might have cornered a niche market Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I've got a double Douchebag - very expensive (about £200 plus)and absolute rubbish. Material worn through and sags - I had to have a panel put in.
Bought in a sale a single Douchebag ( still well over £100) - its better but you can only fit your skis and a few small accessories in.
I've now got the Large rollerbag from Decathlon - I managed to fit all my kit, inc helmet boots and loads of clothes and still had room left to smuggle a small person in - ok - minor exaggeration but its really roomy and strong and was well under £100
snow report
brianatab wrote:
Update on the bag.

Thank goodness Mike doesn’t do coffins
latest report
Opted for the Dalkine fall bag from Ekosprt, just under £90 including postage. Should easily get all my gear in with room to spare
ski holidays
I've the Decathlon roller. Slightly older and has zip out end for longer skis.
snow conditions
@AndreSilva, Thanks for the heads up. Just bought the large Decathlon one. Seems like excellent value and it'll carry the whole families ski's and quite a bit of gear too and I can pick it up from the local Asda..... and then sneak it into the house at my leisure
Now I need to flog my single Sportube and a Dakine bag to justify the latest ski related expense. snowHead
snow report
I got the Dakine Fall Line 175 last year and it fits my 176 skis just fine. No problem with rigidity once the skis are in there next to each other with bases facing down. Great Dakine quality too. Loads of space for all the rest of the kit, but easy to go over 20kg with boots & clothes.

Best flying with BA as they accept it as your hold luggage with no extra charge. Easyjet now charge £37 per flight for the 20kg sports equipment option or £45 per flight for the 32kg option. Offset this by not having a regular hold bag, but still paying £74-90 per trip for luggage the costs really add up (often more expensive than the flight itself!), so a slightly more expensive BA flight can work out cheaper.
latest report
@davehas, +1 for the BA flights being cheaper overall and with a better allowance. flights for bday double just under £60.

I'm fortunate that I'm roughly equal traveling time distance from a number of airports. Used EJ from Luton, Manchester and Liverpool in recent years, depending on most convenient rail links.

EJ seem to have moved all their Northern flights to Venice to Friday, but can't travel that day.

I've avoided Gatwick for a number of years, mainly due to parking costs, but last year, BA had more convenient times, and National express convenient links. Preferred BA to EJ, so using them again this year as they fly Sat. Looking to stay Friday night in a B&B, and get parking included. Even allowing for B&B, overall cost likely to be less than EJ.
Driving time is actually 1 hr less than train to Manchester.
ski holidays
Which Dakine bag are you planning on flogging @Hotdogger?
snow report
@NickyJ, I'll have to check, it's nice though. Padded and lined. I think it's a 180 length which just takes my 172 twin tip prophets and a pair of black eyes of about the same length.
To be honest I didn't think I'd ever need another..... Goes to show what a little bag envy can do. rolling eyes Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Oh and it's black.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've got the Snokart 180cm 2 pair bag.
I can certainly fit my 177 salomons into it , along with my wife's shorter skis. I COULD get my 28.5 boots in too, but only if I put the skis in flat which I prefer not to do. It seems sturdy enough and has survived unscathed for a few years now. There are no pockets or other extras, although it can be combined with other snokart bags to form a combined system.
ski holidays
Hotdogger wrote:
@AndreSilva, Thanks for the heads up. Just bought the large Decathlon one. Seems like excellent value and it'll carry the whole families ski's and quite a bit of gear too and I can pick it up from the local Asda..... and then sneak it into the house at my leisure
Now I need to flog my single Sportube and a Dakine bag to justify the latest ski related expense. snowHead

Glad you liked it, can`t beat the cost-benefit of those ones!
snow conditions
I do really like Decathlon. I've yet to buy anything crap from there so feel comfortable with this without seeing it firsthand.
I mean if they're good enough for Mr. Bell then they're certainly good enough for me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy