Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is the 2020/2021 a non starter?

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@boobleblooble, you are an absolute blathering idiot and I know I said I wouldn't comment further on your posts, but please don't even think of coming skiing in Scotland this coming winter because we would actually like to keep our ski areas open through the season - idiots like you are are the biggest threat to achieving that goal.

Quote:
. We were free to choose. C19 is no different and the measures we are taking are costing OTHER lives.


You are complaining about the harms that result from healthcare resources being tied up dealing with Covid, and you think the solution is to have more Covid? Jesus ***ing Christ, you just don't have a clue do you? rolling eyes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Markymark29, And the rest. Any Country "slightly left of his politics?

Most Arab States, Large swathes of Africa, particularly those with economic links to China?

I think the list of approved would be a lot shorter..

Then there is a list of Countries that would exclude many of it's population on tribal or ethnic grounds.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@rob@rar let me qoute you: "Is that what the Phase 3 trial is looking to demonstrate, so that those people who get vaccinated while no longer be at risk from those people like you who are going to choose not to have the vaccine?"

You have just described the outcome here very well - If you are into forcing people into vaccinations and other stuff of the likes, I am sure there are less developed "democracies" out there for you wink


Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 28-10-20 13:46; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@boobleblooble So how about answering my question? Namely at what number of deaths would it be reasonable to effect the countermeasures now in place? You said they were disproportionate. And as I asked already, if you think the number of covid deaths are overestimates, then what do you think they actually are?

I hope you can see how your posts read. The text is all we have to go on and in them you didn't, for example, make a distinction between estimates and actual covid deaths. So your scepticism of numbers came across as questioning the death statistics. And I can understand how name-calling by others doesn't help. Also, the inbuilt media approach of being 'representative' of opinion tends to favour a polarised discussion, with no room for subtleties, just one person representing the majority view and perhaps another representing the polar opposite minority dissent and nothing in-between.

Notwithstanding all this, however, I still don't see you making a good case for less state intervention. And then perhaps at that we'll just have to agree to differ.


Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 28-10-20 13:52; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
As a shareholder i do follow that, and they are going for the antibodies for SARS-CoV-2 virus spike protein as a 95% succes at first injection, and have reached 91%. Latest figures showed 100% after second injection measured one month after injection. This is for AZD1222.
And the outcome of that immune response is what? Protection against death? Protection against serious illness? Complete protection against getting infected? Is that what the Phase 3 trial is looking to demonstrate, so that those people who get vaccinated while no longer be at risk from those people like you who are going to choose not to have the vaccine?


Ask yourself: What are you trying to achive with this? I have told you how i feel, how do you feel?

Yes - You got it wink
So you don't know what the answers are? Are you sure you're following this as closely as you think you are?

Ask yourself: What are you trying to achive with this? I have told you how i feel, how do you feel?


Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 28-10-20 13:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DanishRider wrote:
@rob@rar let me qoute you: Is that what the Phase 3 trial is looking to demonstrate, so that those people who get vaccinated while no longer be at risk from those people like you who are going to choose not to have the vaccine?

You have just described the outcome here very well - If you are into forcing people into vaccinations and other stuff of the likes, I am sure their are less developed "democracies" out there for you wink
Sorry, no idea what point you are making.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You lot are rabid
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
@rob@rar let me qoute you: Is that what the Phase 3 trial is looking to demonstrate, so that those people who get vaccinated while no longer be at risk from those people like you who are going to choose not to have the vaccine?

You have just described the outcome here very well - If you are into forcing people into vaccinations and other stuff of the likes, I am sure their are less developed "democracies" out there for you wink
Sorry, no idea what point you are making.


Okay - It is quite clear, but I do believe a vaccine should be made available to anyone wanting it, or needing it - I am against forcing it into people - Any questions? Anything unclear? Anything you need me to elaborate on?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DanishRider wrote:
Okay - It is quite clear, but I do believe a vaccine should be made available to anyone wanting it, or needing it - I am against forcing it into people - Any questions? Anything unclear? Anything you need me to elaborate on?
Yes, will you have the vaccine when it is available to you? If not, can you explain why you won't have it?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blimey, this is some thread - think I'd better get back to the "guess a ski area" one sharpish Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
Okay - It is quite clear, but I do believe a vaccine should be made available to anyone wanting it, or needing it - I am against forcing it into people - Any questions? Anything unclear? Anything you need me to elaborate on?
Yes, will you have the vaccine when it is available to you? If not, can you explain why you won't have it?


Feel absolutely no need to share that with you, and living in the free world, i still have that right wink And if you look a little better, i have already explained earlier, but you are too busy being "right", that you don't notice it wink


Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 28-10-20 13:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Valluga wrote:
Blimey, this is some thread - think I'd better get back to the "guess a ski area" one sharpish Smile

Just wait until we get on to winter tyres and chains. Then the gloves will be off ....


Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 28-10-20 13:54; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Valluga, +1 It's like a massive bundle in the playground!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LaForet wrote:
Valluga wrote:
Blimey, this is some thread - think I'd better get back to the "guess a ski area" one sharpish Smile

Just wait until we get on to winter tyres and chains. Then the gloves will be off ....


I do use winter rubber Smile Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DanishRider wrote:
Feel absolutely no need to share that with you, and living in the free world, i still have that right wink And if you look a little better, i have already explained earlier, but you are too busy being "right", that you don't notice it wink
That's absolutely fine, there is no need to explain here. I know what you said earlier, so my response to your choice not to have the vaccine stands.
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Too many people twittering on about death rates, for every death, that has little ongoing cost to society, there are many more that are left with life changing health problems which are far more costly to society than a death, brutal I know but that's the way it is.

Will ski trips happen?

With intelligence, common sense and consideration, yes, sadly these are traits that are lacking in most humans.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@haggishunter, I won't be coming because Scottish skiing is shite. That is however my choice which all your raving on here cannot prevent. Sturgeon doesn't control the border, no matter how much she wishes you could. They are not 'your' ski areas they are 'ours' as believe it or not we are both (I assume you are anyway) Britons.

No, my answer is to have more C19 and less cancer, fewer strokes and heart attacks, less misery in total. I think, as many do, that the deaths from C19 are not balanced by the deaths from tens of other diseases, as I've shown in the chart from September where C19 was not even in the highest ten causes of death for that month. It is about proportion. If you cannot understand that then there is nothing more I can say.

@rob@rar, maybe he can't but it's his body and none of your business. It's remarkable how quickly we've become so aggressive and demand that others alter their behaviour which was previously a private matter. Before you argue about harms to others from C19 etc why don't you go to the nearest council estate and put them in a workhouse? After all, my tax money is spent propping them up which makes my life worse. Ah, yes, we used to be more forgiving of others and allowed their opinions. Remember 'live and let live'?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rob@rar wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
Feel absolutely no need to share that with you, and living in the free world, i still have that right wink And if you look a little better, i have already explained earlier, but you are too busy being "right", that you don't notice it wink
That's absolutely fine, there is no need to explain here. I know what you said earlier, so my response to your choice not to have the vaccine stands.


Good thing - Then we can agree on disagreeing, at get back to discussing skiing wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@DanishRider, this is why I like Danes. You're like Brits decades ago. Quiet English Liberalism, mind your own business and pick up your litter. If it wasn't for the high taxes Denmark would be perfect. Also, the women in Copenhagen are heart-breakingly beautiful. Can't wait to go back when the quarantines are lifted.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boobleblooble wrote:
@rob@rar, maybe he can't but it's his body and none of your business.
He offered the information that he would not be vaccinated, he wasn't forced to reveal that. I invited him to explain his choice, he declined and that's absolutely fine. I agree, with you and with him, that there is no requirement to explain those choices. It is also fine for me to express an opinion on what he contributed to this discussion, as it is for everyone to express an opinion on anything I say here.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boobleblooble wrote:
@DanishRider, this is why I like Danes. You're like Brits decades ago. Quiet English Liberalism, mind your own business and pick up your litter. If it wasn't for the high taxes Denmark would be perfect. Also, the women in Copenhagen are heart-breakingly beautiful. Can't wait to go back when the quarantines are lifted.


Thank you - but actually i live in Aarhus, and are married to a Romanian wink I for one will welcome you back here, and may you enjoy the fruit of our land Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tangowaggon wrote:
Too many people twittering on about death rates, for every death, that has little ongoing cost to society, there are many more that are left with life changing health problems which are far more costly to society than a death, brutal I know but that's the way it is.

But aren't the people with 'life-changing health problems' the ones who are most at risk from Covid? i.e. those people with 'pre-existing conditions'?

Or are you arguing for a laissez faire approach that sees only the 'fittest' surviving (whatever your definition of 'fittest' is)? So as well as the elderly, anyone who has a 'life-changing condition' is also likely to die prematurely as well. I suppose it'll reduce the burden on state health services. Although it begs the question of why stop there? Why not withdraw all healthcare from people over 65. If they can afford to pay themselves, fine, but if not, 'brutal', as you say.

I think that even a completely self-centered and objective response would be that the problem with not taking measures against an epidemic where we have no vaccine is the fall-out for both the economy and the health services. That there is no 'carry on as normal' option. Because the health services get diverted to handle waves of infections and the econony still takes a hit, because there are enough people taken out of it to make a difference even if high mortality only operates for those in care homes.


Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 28-10-20 14:32; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rob@rar, OK fair enough.

@DanishRider, if only you had some mountains!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Will winter tyres require a vaccine?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boobleblooble wrote:
@rob@rar, OK fair enough.

@DanishRider, if only you had some mountains!


Not really a mountain, but you can ski, and it is in the middle of CPH: https://www.copenhill.dk/ Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Will winter tyres require a vaccine?


Only french tyres, so just steer clear of Michelin Shocked Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller wrote:
Will winter tyres require a vaccine?


Only if they don't wear a helmet.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thefatcontroller wrote:
Will winter tyres require a vaccine?


I'll fight Nigel Farage to the death in a pub car park for my right to vaccinate my tyres as I see fit
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
boobleblooble wrote:
@rob@rar, maybe he can't but it's his body and none of your business.
He offered the information that he would not be vaccinated, he wasn't forced to reveal that. I invited him to explain his choice, he declined and that's absolutely fine. I agree, with you and with him, that there is no requirement to explain those choices. It is also fine for me to express an opinion on what he contributed to this discussion, as it is for everyone to express an opinion on anything I say here.


Wrong again - I actually explained it earlier:-) But I am gonna help you out one last time here, and elaborate a bit: There are people more in need of the vaccine than me, and I am not entirely sure they get it right the first time, so I will pass for now - And when/if I get into a situation where I would be part of the group that have a high risk of dying from it, it could be my turn. Let me add here, that i had Corona in the spring, and it were no more than the flu to me - Others might react differently:-)
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is the 2020/2021 a non starter?

not with these CovIdiots.

You are the Problem

@robs1
@James77,

Winter Sports in Ski Resorts are International Gatherings/Events ...Wintertime the windows & doors of Hotels & Restaurant's will be closed and the Heating will be on high ..

Winter Sports gatherings/events could be worse due to the number of International visitors but look at this CovIdiot Event below (which was outdoors) ..they let it go ahead.... and look what happened afterwards .Contagion everywhere !


http://youtube.com/v/gxAb1kb-NMw

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last Season

I was warning folks on his forum about what was going on in Ischgl & St Anton.
were closed down, no one believed me..!!

If you were involved/witnessed what happened (close down & evacuation of tourists) you will never forget it.

No Questions, JUST LEAVE NOW & Get the F**K out of DODGE!! Some Accommodation's Luggage put out on the Street.

For the rest of us it was a long Jail Term (Quarantine) probably best describes it .

Travelling out of your region (more than 50-100km) should be banned and ALL International Travel Halted (except the Medics & other critical supplies) until the contagion is under control even if this means until next April/May.

Hopefully the €10000 fines will be increased to at least €25000 for people breaking ANY Quarantine regulations.

Ski Areas should be FORCED to Close for the 2020/2021 season to STOP this International migration unnecessary vacation madness during a Pandemic.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Europe (ALL) Now needs an immediate Melbourne, OZ style 3 Month Strict Lockdown .

700 to 0 in 3 months !!

https://fortune.com/2020/10/28/longest-lockdown-covid-melbourne-australia/
https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-melbourne-lockdown-midnight-celebrations-as-restrictions-ease/199ebd1c-b42e-4ae4-8ab9-6114f179c4c9

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I would encourage admin to report this Covidiot @boobleblooble, to the relevant UK Authorities as it is clear he/she does not adhere to any regulations that may or may not be in place in your Country.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Germany

Lockdown from November 4th

Alle Bürger sollen aufgefordert werden, generell auf private Reisen und Besuche

""All citizens should be encouraged to refrain from private travel and visits""

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/corona-massnahmen-in-deutschland-bars-sollen-schliessen-die-schulen-offen-bleiben-a-312e9267-a0aa-411f-aed4-aa5db6b87c70

=======================================================================================================================================

There will be a very difficult decision made in Vienna in the coming Days... Strong Leadership from Bundeskanzler Sebastian Kurz to prioritise Health over Economy.

Ski Area's survived Two World Wars & rebounded.

Economy will rebound


Everyone & CovIdiots

STAY AT HOME it is not difficult.
snow conditions
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowdave wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
Will winter tyres require a vaccine?


Only if they don't wear a helmet.


Or socks - which is entirely possible Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LaForet wrote:

But aren't the people with 'life-changing health problems' the ones who are most at risk from Covid? i.e. those people with 'pre-existing conditions'?


Unfortunately I don't think this is the case
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beenative wrote:
LaForet wrote:

But aren't the people with 'life-changing health problems' the ones who are most at risk from Covid? i.e. those people with 'pre-existing conditions'?


Unfortunately I don't think this is the case


I can only speak for the Danish numbers, but up until now, they have only identified one case/death, where some other medical condition wasn't a part of it. Is there any info about this from other countries?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LaForet,
I think you completely missed my point, I was not talking about people with pre existing conditions, I was referring to people that are left with life changing health problems caused by CV19 whether they have pre conditions or totally healthy people pre CV19.


Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 28-10-20 15:19; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DanishRider wrote:
Wrong again - I actually explained it earlier:-) But I am gonna help you out one last time here, and elaborate a bit: There are people more in need of the vaccine than me, and I am not entirely sure they get it right the first time, so I will pass for now - And when/if I get into a situation where I would be part of the group that have a high risk of dying from it, it could be my turn.
Just for confirmation, you'll have it when it it is made available to you, which will be after the priority groups (likely to be elderly and health & care workers in the first instance)? That seems a perfectly reasonable position. I suspect all countries will have a priority list for the groups which receive it first.

Or are you saying that you will have the vaccine if you are in a group that have a high risk of dying from Covid, but not otherwise?

Apologies for seeking clarification. I think you are writing in a second language, for which I have nothing but admiration, and I'm having a little difficulty in working out what you are saying when you are trying to help me understand your position.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@stanton, go on then you w anker, report me.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
Wrong again - I actually explained it earlier:-) But I am gonna help you out one last time here, and elaborate a bit: There are people more in need of the vaccine than me, and I am not entirely sure they get it right the first time, so I will pass for now - And when/if I get into a situation where I would be part of the group that have a high risk of dying from it, it could be my turn.
Just for confirmation, you'll have it when it it is made available to you, which will be after the priority groups (likely to be elderly and health & care workers in the first instance)? That seems a perfectly reasonable position. I suspect all countries will have a priority list for the groups which receive it first.

Or are you saying that you will have the vaccine if you are in a group that have a high risk of dying from Covid, but not otherwise?

Apologies for seeking clarification. I think you are writing in a second language, for which I have nothing but admiration, and I'm having a little difficulty in working out what you are saying when you are trying to help me understand your position.


Yes - you are spot on, apart from the part: When it is available to me. Alter that to: When i will need it due to a change in my conditions - and english isn’t my first language:-)


Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 28-10-20 14:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just reading between the lines and in answer to the OP's question, I sense @stanton is a tentative "yes".
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DanishRider wrote:
Yes - you are spot on, and english isn’t my first language:-)
It's infinitely better than any second language I can converse in Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thefatcontroller wrote:
Will winter tyres require a vaccine?

I am not biting. But it isn't easy.
latest report



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy