Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EU advises holidaymakers to take credit notes for cancelled trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have sent email to Sunweb for refund request as no voucher yet arrived, and I've no idea if our group will be able to go together next year.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:
rob@rar wrote:
sno trax wrote:
The key here is ensuring that the credit note is underwritten in the same way bookings are. Also, the expiry date should considered. It may well not be possible for someone to book a holiday within a set period.
This is the reason I opted for a cash refund from Eurostar.

Are you issuing cash refunds or are you going to keep the money and accept the reputational damage?
I'm not sure that Eurostar's reputitional damage, not that I think they have any, is my concern.

Are you going to refund your customers their cash in full?
Yes, we didn't have many bookings so was able to complete everything before the lockdown, except for one booking which was refunded. I take the view that I should offer what I expect in return.

Well done. Hopefully the other chalet businesses who advertise in here will do the same.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gerry wrote:
Well done. Hopefully the other chalet businesses who advertise in here will do the same.
Oh, a booking for my place in Les Arcs? I thought you meant for ski lessons. I had one booking for my apartment in April, and the guest was happy with a credit note for next winter.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar wrote:
Gerry wrote:
Oh, a booking for my place in Les Arcs? I thought you meant for ski lessons. I had one booking for my apartment in April, and the guest was happy with a credit note for next winter.

As was I with my hotel at Les Deux Alpes. It seemed a reasonable thing to do for a couple I liked, who run a great hotel. They get a little help with cash flow. For me it's a fair deal. There is a risk that the business could fold, but I had already spent the money for my holiday. True I hadn't had it - but since I had spent no money on food and drink on the mountain and during Apres, I am actually better off than if I had gone on holiday. In that light, taking the risk seems reasonable, especially since the couple have shown their drive in their efforts in the hotel to date.

[edit] Just read back through the thread, I see that rob@rar made a similar point.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
I'll be taking "credit notes" for cancelled theatre bookings - but that's around £900, some holiday costs will be a lot higher.

Shocked

Wow! Some theatre bookings indeed!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Over the last dozen or so years we've used three travel companies for our winter holidays -

Collett's Mountain Holidays
Ski Olympic
Crystal Ski (part of TUI, as if anyone here needed telling)

I sincerely hope all three of those companies get through this.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I certainly hope colletts make it
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:
I certainly hope colletts make it

Just cancelled our summer walking holiday with them Sad

It was to be in June, and I fear there’s no chance of it happening.

Deposit held against a future holiday, up to the end of 2022.
Fingers crossed for the Dolomites next season.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Abta are pushing for travel firms to issue "refund credit notes", which would be protected in the event the supplier ceased trading (which conventional gift vouchers are not). You would also be protected if you moved your ATOL-protected package to a later date.

https://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/364557/coronavirus-relief-on-refunds-on-the-way
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy