Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Pass refunds for Covid 19

Poster: A snowHead
@rwilson, @Ozboy, I completely agree with the stand taken by PDS, once you have used your season pass past a certain number of days you are in hand.

Only caveat to that would be some people skiing in areas, other than the PDS, which would normally be staying open later than PDS who might feel that they have really not got full benefit from their season passes this year.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
While our season passes gave us 23 days skiing in the 3 Valleys this season, I had another 23 days booked out there (and Mrs B 30 days). rolling eyes Mind, we also enjoyed 6 days for free in Vail resorts, using our passes Very Happy

So, whilst we enjoyed what we did, it's still disappointing to get in only 50% of our planned ski time in France.

But, keeping things in perspective, hopefully we Snowheads can all stay safe and make up for it next season.

I'm sure that many will be skiing more than usual next season to make up for lost time. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We won't be applying for a refund on our season passes. I got to pretty much break even with Xmas/NY holidays + weekend in January. The OH did as he did more days than me at Xmas and the girls pretty much as well. I think resorts will struggle and as a property owner in the village I'd rather see them be able to start up again next year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The early closure has lost me about 12 days’ skiing this reason. Lift companies have no doubt lost some revenue this season, but by the same token some of their costs have reduced. I’m not expecting a refund, but would like to think that lift companies will offer some form of compensation, for example additional discounts next season for those who had a season pass this season, vouchers for friends, etc.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Austrian Seagull,

Good point.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No refunds for 4 Vallées season pass. I have an annual so hopefully I might get a bit of use before October 25th.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interim reply from the Les Arcs lift company:
Quote:
All compensation of season pass will be only in the form of refund, the method of calculation is being validated.

The summer pass offered will be valid this summer.

Sounds like they are still considering arrangements for a cash refund for season pass holders, rather than some sort of replacement pass next winter.

The reference to the summer pass I think is the pass which is normally offered as part of the winter season pass for the entire Paradiski domain.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
omicron wrote:
22 dropout wrote:
Thanks for the update. Here in Chamonix they are significantly contract because they can squeeze them into the Dec-May winter season without having to supply for glacier skiing.

We have been given the rules for refunds. If you haven't used the pass take it back to where you bought it. If you have an annual pass make a complaint on our website.

We'll see what transpires. There is less goodwill for the CdMB in recent years as calamitous loss of infrastructure has arisen from lack of adequate maintenance.

Has there been any official communication from CdMB about refunds? Specifically a pro rata season pass refund?!

Haven't gotten any email anyway.

Chamonix passes are around €750. Received this email back.

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
We acknowledge receipt of your claim related to the complete closure of our installations in compliance with the governmental decisions related to the coronavirus, Covid-19, epidemic.
We will contact you in due course once we have studied the periods & level of use of your pass.
We must underline that this closure is part of the exceptional measures imposed by the government & are totally beyond are control.

Take care of your & your family.
We remain,
Yours truly,
Oriana FRARIER
Responsable PC Accueil- Secours & Vente en ligne

Destination Chamonix Mont-Blanc

Compagnie du Mont-Blanc
35, Place de la Mer de Glace
74400 CHAMONIX MONT-BLANC France
Direct phone : +33(0)450 53 22 75
e-mail : reclamation@compagniedumontblanc.fr
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zermatt bergbahnen have just e-mailed to state no refunds and only transfers to next season.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just had a reply from the lift company in Les Arcs. They will refund me with €268 against the cost of my Paradiski season pass (which I think I paid €810 for?). Easy process to submit the claim (online, and they sent me an email to highlight the option to submit a claim), good communication while they processed my claim, and confirmation this morning the refund would go to my credit card within 10 days. Very impressed with the service from the Les Arcs lift company ADS, part of Compagnie des Alps.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Grand Massif, yesterday an automated, 'we're very busy dealing with all the claims', email in reponse to my second email. First was 18th March.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We’ve had contact from Val d’Isere Telepheriques (also part of Compagnie des Alps) and they have
refunded us 258€ Each which was more than expected.
I opted for a voucher to use against next seasons pass and received a code for the discount.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

We’ve had contact from Val d’Isere Telepheriques (also part of Compagnie des Alps) and they have
refunded us 258€ Each which was more than expected.
I opted for a voucher to use against next seasons pass and received a code for the discount.

Probably a wise idea. I think I paid for my lift pass with a UK credit card. Now the credit card company will take 5% of my refund. We received 215 euros each for the unused portions of our paradiski passes.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have submitted applications for my and Mr P's 3V season pass. Not sure how much it will be-and it did occur to me that, as the pass is valid for the summer season, were we able to get out there for a few days over the summer, we may not get much back net, but hopefully it will help supplement the cost for next winter's pass. It was an online process specific to season passes-required the receipt, rechargeable pass number and (in theory) a copy of the pass itself. However, as the pass is still in my ski trousers' pocket over in france, the latter is a bit tricky!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hopefully the Les Arcs and Val D will spread to the rest of the CdA resorts. Some staff seen at the STGM office yesterday for the first time.
snow conditions
@Perty, all we were required to send were the receipt email and details of our bank account. They appear to have ignored the bank account transfer instead going to reimbursing the credit card.
latest report
That has reminded me, just done it online. L2A, CdA so hopefully will get something back.
latest report
Alpe d'Huez now going to email season pass holders after the 23rd. No indication what they are going to put in place.
snow conditions
My refund email (which came from CdA) was in my Junk box so it might be worth checking.
latest report
@chocksaway, . STGM starting to send out emails to Season Pass holders. There's a link to a claims form. Cash refund or discount voucher for next season (so I'm told).
snow conditions
@muppet, was that a refund on a Season Pass?
ski holidays
lift pass refund for la plagne just came through into my bank account Smile
ski holidays
GeorgeVII wrote:
@muppet, was that a refund on a Season Pass?

Yes it was.
ski holidays
@muppet, Thanks. I've applied for a refund on my Tignes season pass. I wonder if it's calculated as a percentage of the price you originally paid for it?
latest report
GeorgeVII wrote:
@muppet, Thanks. I've applied for a refund on my Tignes season pass. I wonder if it's calculated as a percentage of the price you originally paid for it?

We paid 1048 € each which was the early booking price. I roughly calculated that with the season finishing about 6 weeks early it was about 42€ a week compensation, not taking into account the summer season.
snow conditions
100€ refund is what has come out of Alpe d'Huez today, for winter season pass original cost 635€.

Cher client,

Nous espérons tout d'abord que vous et vos proches vous portez bien.

Vous le savez, pour faire face à l'épidémie de COVID-19 qui touche le monde entier, et conformément aux dispositions de l'État, le domaine skiable de l'Alpe d'Huez a fermé le dimanche 15 Mars au soir.

En tant que détenteurs d'un forfait saison/année, et pour vous remercier de votre fidélité, vous bénéficiez d'un remboursement partiel de votre forfait.

Le montant forfaitaire remboursé est calculé sur la base d’une analyse statistique de consommation de l’ensemble des forfaits saison et adapté au montant du titre acheté.

Vous bénéficiez d’un remboursement de 100€ correspondant au(x) forfait(s) suivants :
latest report
Has anyone with a Les Deux Alpes season pass had any kind of response or refund yet?
snow report
@Honeybadgerversion2, I only sent mine off about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Not heard anything, I'll look if they're open this week sometime.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Perty,

That sounds promising.

Do you have the website link for the claim process, by any chance? I'm struggling to find any definitive info on this.
ski holidays
Anyone know if the 3 valleys are offering any refunds for season pass holders ? Cant find anything online
snow report
No sign of anything from Serre CHe yet, despite them being very quick off the mark in emailing us all to submit a request.
snow report
@skimottaret, here is the link that I used, having bought our passes from the office at Les Menuires.

We had to attach photos of the passes and the receipt they give you when you purchase. I completed the online form at the end of March and just got our refund into the bank account yesterday - 159 euros per person.

https://ticketoski.fr/en/les-menuires/situation/783

Perhaps there is something similar for Meribel valley?
snow report
@andy1234, tah, I haven't found anything similar for the full 3 V pass but just emailed them and had an auto reply that they will be back in the office 1 Nov Wink will try a few other avenues but it is always a mare with the 3V stuff as different companies.
snow conditions
@andy1234, the tickettoski sites seems to be a Compagnie des Alpes subsite, ie there is a tickettoski page for all their resorts. Sadly for the 3V they only run
FriendlyMenuires (sic) and Meribel Coeur de 3 vallees, not sure if this is all of Meribel as i believe their used to be Meribel and Meribel Alpina(? - its been a while!).
snow report
@skimottaret, just to clarify that we bought season passes for all 3 valleys, so I'm surprised if Mottaret ticket office don't offer similar. But then perhaps they aren't as Friendly as Menuires wink maybe for the reason @Chocksaway mentioned
snow report
STGM Tignes.
Received my 25% rebate, to my French bank account, on my owners season pass on 13 May, claim submitted on 25 April.

An appropriate amount and handled efficiently for France under lockdown!
snow report
I emailed skipass@valthorens.com 3 days ago and received the following reply shortly after:

"Hello,
In order to start the refund process, we need your IBAN and BIC codes.
We thank you in advance.
See you soon in Val Thorens."

Short and sweet - but Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I recevied notification from the Ski Pass office in Serre Chevalier today of the refund which will be made to my French bank account.
snow conditions
@Mf, same here X 2

Nous vous informons qu'une indemnisation forfaitaire de 127,00 € sera versée sur votre compte dans un délai de 3 semaines.
ski holidays
@Weathercam, we got ours too. Although they sent two emails, so I thought we were getting double. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy