Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will French Alps Close Today / Weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Just announced all bars, restaurants, non essential shops, to close from midnight.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tonight's U turn on the road to Damascus was after the prefects reported they were unable to apply the 50 person limit for public spaces. With the hot weather everyone was out in restaurant terraces in Paris.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Claude B wrote:
Just announced all bars, restaurants, non essential shops, to close from midnight.

Have you just woken up from your nap Claude Happy ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JONR wrote:
Let’s hope uk government declare against travel to France, otherwise I’m in the worst case scenario of no holiday but no travel insurance payout

Would France going to Level 3 lockdown not be insufficient for insurers?

I.e., ordering non-essential places to close and reducing travel to work only.

I see the insurance industry is relying heavily on FCO ‘rulings’.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
So the only exemptions are religion and elections.....

And fags
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I fear not
Directline website currrently says FCO needs to advise against travel. Will keep an eye on It and ring them on Monday when hopefully things are clearer
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
* be sufficient
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
davidof wrote:
Claude B wrote:

Have you just woken up from your nap Claude Happy ?

In a bar, staying longer now Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof wrote:
France officially in Level 3 tonight, total lockdown

i. bars, restaurants, discos, cinemas to close
ii. mosques and churches to remain open
iii. all shops to shut apart from: petrol stations, food shops and tobacconists
iv. people to stay at home if possible and not to visit other towns
v. public transport only to be used to go to work, people should only go to work if absolutely essential
vi. people should remain at home except for essential food shopping, no activities that risk hospitalization to avoid overloading the health service
vii. tomorrow's elections to go ahead
viii. borders remain open
ix. over 70s to avoid any social contact.

to be applied from midnight tonight

Yep, all the details here:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bfmtv.com%2Fsociete%2Fcoronavirus-fermeture-des-minuit-des-lieux-recevant-du-public-non-essentiels-1875094.html

That's my ski holiday scuppered then for sure. Feel really sorry for anyone who arrived in resorts today.

These are worrying times indeed.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
halfhand wrote:
chocksaway wrote:
So the only exemptions are religion and elections.....

And fags

Mustn't forget yer filthy Gauloises when there is a risk of lung infections, eh?

My son is complaining of being bored and school hasn't even broken up yet ! He's got six months of this.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JONR wrote:
I fear not
Directline website currrently says FCO needs to advise against travel. Will keep an eye on It and ring them on Monday when hopefully things are clearer

I’m in the same boat.

Although I don’t want to launch a one man crusade against my insurer for what is a relatively trivial amount; equally this is exactly the protection that the insurance is for and if the insurers have ‘small print’ that requires the FCO to declare not travelling in the light of the French interior effectively stopping most of the components of a functioning holiday...

Feels a little one sided I’d say and cancelling is certainly beyond ‘disinclination’.

I’m sure the insurance industry will be told to get their finger out and just face up to reality.

Interesting times.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are scheduled to pick passengers up from GVA tomorrow - wonder if they will be there!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My sympathies for anyone awaiting the UK civil service to make a decision about their travel insurance or who is stuck in France tonight. I really can't see how they can allow travel to France given the situation on the ground.

Personally I've lost a few hundred euros on a hotel I can't use.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 14-03-20 20:37; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If insurance can’t cover you in current circumstances for cancellation on what is a once in a generation (I sincerely hope) event then god knows what they’ll cover you for.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Think I should try and set up a stream from the bar here Very Happy

On a serious note they are in turmoil
snow report
Oh well the season is now well and truly f####d. Had two trips booked through TUI to Austria cancelled on Thursday evening. Zermatt one of my frequent haunts closing down, started to consider France for next weekend. Plan D is Scotland but I am ready for that to go tits up.
snow report
Oh well the season is now well and truly f####d. Had two trips booked through TUI to Austria cancelled on Thursday evening. Zermatt one of my frequent haunts closing down, started to consider France for next weekend. Plan D is Scotland but I am ready for that to go tits up.
snow report
snow conditions
davidof wrote:

My son is complaining of being bored and school hasn't even broken up yet !

I feel your pain - our 2 were 'bored' by 10am this morning and so far it is just a 'normal' weekend.... We have only just recovered from the 2 weeks of half term...!!!
snow conditions
The gendarmes have just come in here, lots other bar, resto and nightclub owners here too. Warning that everything must close at midnight.

Ski lifts were mentioned but when I asked one he said he didn't know.
ski holidays
luigi wrote:
AntonAusTirol wrote:
Anybody know if the French Alps is considering closing down due to Corvid-19?

I was booked into Zell am See tomorrow. Considering switching my flights to GVA but wondering if the French will announce closure today...

Confused

Corvid-19?? Shocked

I'm always suspicious of people carrying Black Crows skis up the mountain...why can't they just buy a liftpass like everyone else?? Laughing Laughing

Eye candy. Very Happy wink About time there was something good/positive about all these threads. Laughing I might have to keep coming back to the first page of this thread to cheer me up. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
offpisteskiing wrote:
davidof wrote:

My son is complaining of being bored and school hasn't even broken up yet !

I feel your pain - our 2 were 'bored' by 10am this morning and so far it is just a 'normal' weekend.... We have only just recovered from the 2 weeks of half term...!!!

let's hope the fortnite servers don't crash !
ski holidays
Stage 3 total lockdown. All non-essential businesses closing.

I still don't see any specific reference to ski lifts. We are in La Plagne right now - do I still get a lift pass for tomorrow ?

I can't seem to get any info on this

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 14-03-20 21:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Alpe d’Huez closing from tomorrow for the season ‘as instructed by government’.
latest report
So far I’ve heard the following now closed; chatel, les gets, morzine, chamonix, grand massif.

ADH closed from tomorrow night.

3Vs to make announcement within the hour.

No word from Espace Killy or LDA (yet)
snow report
Flaine closing
ski holidays
This is La Plagne - but I think the writing is on the wall -
Suite au discours du premier ministre ce vendredi 14 Mars à 20h et aux nouvelles directives gouvernementales, nous vous tiendrons informés dès que nous aurons des informations précises sur les conséquences sur la station.

Nous ne pouvons vous donner plus de détail immédiatement car nous apprenons en même temps que vous l’évolution de la situation. Notre priorité reste de suivre les consignes du gouvernement pour la santé de tous. Nous vous invitons à consulter cette page qui sera mise à jour au plus vite dès que la situation évolue.

Merci de votre compréhension.
latest report
In case anyone is booked on BA - you can now re book without change fee or get a voucher for the value of your flights to use within 12 months for all existing flights booked to travel between now and 31st of May 2020

As writing is on the wall for our Easter trip we are going to get a voucher for our ba flight and then book for next Easter once they release these flights (or think about booking half term from Heathrow as those flights are so much cheaper than Gatwick although it’s a big pita as we live 5 minutes from Gatwick)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/flights/book-with-confidence
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Les Gets, Ax 3 Domaines, Combloux already. All French resorts will have confirmed by tomorrow

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 14-03-20 22:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
marcellus wrote:

Seems surprising that they can stay open another day. Their Facebook page does indeed say that though.
latest report
klwood wrote:
In case anyone is booked on BA - you can now re book without change fee or get a voucher for the value of your flights to use within 12 months for all existing flights booked to travel between now and 31st of May 2020

As writing is on the wall for our Easter trip we are going to get a voucher for our ba flight and then book for next Easter once they release these flights (or think about booking half term from Heathrow as those flights are so much cheaper than Gatwick although it’s a big pita as we live 5 minutes from Gatwick)

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/flights-and-holidays/flights/book-with-confidence

Very sad for all you that are out/missing out on trips. BA could well go under as a result of this so take a refund if you can.
snow conditions
All local (Grenoble) resorts staying open to Sunday evening unless they receive an order to close during the night.
snow conditions
Val Thorens now closed https://www.facebook.com/valthorens.resort/photos/pb.95618862763.-2207520000../10158232211147764/?type=3&theater
ski holidays
Current situation in Val Thorens

Just checked Val Thornes - from their web site........

Last update: 14/03/2020 - 10:00pm

The French government has announced new measures applicable from tonight, Saturday, March 14 at midnight. These new directives require us to close the Val Thorens ski area tomorrow morning and for the rest of the season. This decision also applies to bars, restaurants and all non-essential shops.

We are also waiting for further information from the government regarding the arrangements for departure from the Val Thorens resort. You already bought a skipass this week? You can get a refund from the ski lift company.

In this period of epidemic, we also invite you to reduce to the strict minimum any contact and to respect the prevention instructions indicated on https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus.
ski holidays
inghams announced on Facebook ALL French resorts will be closed now indefinitely.
ski holidays
Snowbandit56,

Bad news.

Bad news.

Bad news.
latest report
denfinella wrote:
marcellus wrote:

Seems surprising that they can stay open another day. Their Facebook page does indeed say that though.

LDA have just announced the same, pending clarification from the prefecture.
snow report
Flaine is closing. We just arrived and now need to head back to Blighty. Sad
snow report
Thollon Les Memises just announced they are closing as of 15 mins ago.
ski holidays
inghams on Facebook
This evening, the French authorities have confirmed they will be closing all the ski lifts for the rest of
the season, effective 15 March, despite assurances from the ski resorts themselves they would stay
open.
If you are due to travel to France tomorrow, please do not go to the airport.
If you are currently in one of these resorts, your local rep will be in touch with further updates.
If you are due to travel there this winter we will contact you in the coming days.
https://www.inghams.co.uk/travel-advice/coronavirus
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy