Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British skier beaten unconscious by snowboarder

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
A British man has been airlifted to hospital after he was beaten unconscious by a snowboarder using a ski pole in Austria.

The UK tourist, who has not been named, suffered severe injuries in the attack which started after he challenged the snowboarder following a near collision with his ski group.

The snowboarder, who was wearing a grey or anthracite coloured jacket and helmet, launched the attack just before closing time at the Zillertal Arena in Rohrberg.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7991183/British-skier-55-beaten-unconscious-ski-stick-snowboarder-Austrian-slope.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Been done already - bunch of rags reporting an AP story which is very light on detail

Although worth scrolling the Hatemail comments section for the standard sort of predictable erroneous reactionary BS that brought us the almighty triumph of Brexit.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
....Although worth scrolling the Hatemail comments section for the standard sort of predictable erroneous reactionary BS that brought us the almighty triumph of Brexit.

I went there.... oh my, oh my. Some textbook gammon in there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
As opposed to hate-mongering remainiacs...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So within half an hour or so a post reporting of a really nasty sounding assault which has left someone hospitalised turns into a bulls@@t bicker about brexit. For pity sake folks!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And instigated by a super-snowhead, no less. How friendly.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mitcva wrote:
As opposed to hate-mongering remainiacs...

Judging by the comments that I have read online over the past 3 years, you are right, there is hate and vitriol on both sides but leave has a landslide majority.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Surely there must be a Brexit Bickering Forum somewhere on the interweb. Go vent there guys, thought this was supposed to be for skiing related chat.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There’s at least 10 more years of this to come. Whichever side you sit on. Better get used to it I suppose.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jirac18 wrote:
So within half an hour or so a post reporting of a really nasty sounding assault which has left someone hospitalised turns into a bulls@@t bicker about brexit. For pity sake folks!

the remainers started it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cu8406 wrote:
There’s at least 10 more years of this to come. Whichever side you sit on. Better get used to it I suppose.
*brings popcorn*

Joke aside, I feel so sorry for all my friends still in Old Blighty.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mitcva wrote:
And instigated by a super-snowhead, no less. How friendly.

Anyone can be a super-snowhead if you dosh up. You don't see any correlation between angry BTL ranters and other things though?

And anyway shouldn't you be delighted I referred to Brexit as an almighty triumph if it is wot you rillly rilly wonted?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jirac18 wrote:
Surely there must be a Brexit Bickering Forum somewhere on the interweb. Go vent there guys, thought this was supposed to be for skiing related chat.

Brexit is ski related - it affects all of us and what we can do skiing wise in the future and/or the hoops we may have to jump through. Unless we only ski in the UK (and even then it may affect Scotland). Best the Brexiteers accept that they will be accountable for it for the forseeable future rather than crying about people being mean to them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As valuable as yet another thread on Brexit is....

What on earth has gone on for someone to resort to battering someone on the slopes?? I’ll leave the Daily Mail grimness for those with a stronger tolerance for tossers than me
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, Brexit has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Dragging Brexit into a thread like this is completely unnecessary and, frankly, thoroughly tedious.
latest report
@Alastair, well said!
ski holidays
Sounds like an oldman picked a fight and lost.

Either way, hope the dood is okay and recovers fully.
ski holidays
WTF has this incident got to do with politics in general or brexit in particular, having read the comments didnt see any about either, a bit of bitching about boarders and skiing being a rich hobby but nothing else.
Get a life guys
latest report
@robs1, +1
snow conditions
It is much more appropriate to turn this into a "helmet" thread.

If the skier had been wearing a helmet then he wouldn't have sustained the serious injuries requiring airlifting to hospital. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Discuss Very Happy
snow conditions
What was a boarder doing with ski poles? Can only assume he was a bit crap on the flat bits.
ski holidays
@Boris, read the article..it explains the pole
ski holidays
Quote:

Brexit is ski related - it affects all of us

It really doesn't. It might affect a small minority that work in ski resorts - although even that is not clear yet. There is little to suggest it will have any affect on regular ski tourism. Even if it did there is plenty of non EU skiing: Japan, USA, Canada, Chile, New Zealand, Switzerland, Iceland, central Asia, Georgia...
latest report
@holidayloverxx, tbh I don’t care, I was just trying to lighten the tone and avoid the B word
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Boris, read the article..it explains the pole

Maybe it was splitboard or monoskier
ski holidays
For the hard of thinking
Quote:
the attacker grabbed a ski pole from a member of the skiing group

I think Dave of the Marmottes's comments were more about Daily Mail readers' comments in general, ie, know nothing about the situation but wade in anyway.
latest report
@maggi, that last paragraph applies to 99% of all snow heads brexit threads
snow conditions
I am very sad that an appalling incident should end up as a bunch of rants. As one who has been attacked by a ski pole, by a skier, I was very glad I had a helmet. btw I was wrong I was on the uphill side on a blue path and criticisised a group/family for taking up the whole path and stopping across it but I was on the upside and should have just let them do their bit and kept my trap shut. I hope the person who perpetrated this incident is caught and in Chinese words "reeeducated".
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I am very sad that an appalling incident should end up as a bunch of rants. As one who has been attacked by a ski pole, by a skier, I was very glad I had a helmet. btw I was wrong I was on the uphill side on a blue path and criticisised a group/family for taking up the whole path and stopping across it but I was on the upside and should have just let them do their bit and kept my trap shut. I hope the person who perpetrated this incident is caught and in Chinese words "reeeducated".
snow report
countryman wrote:
. I hope the person who perpetrated this incident is caught and in Chinese words "reeeducated".

Do you mean "taught to ski"? wink

More seriously I'm not sure what the hopes for retribution against the pupported guilty party are intended to do, and as for the Hatemail below the line it clearly was just an opportunity for some blowhards to sound off against snowboarders in general of the sort that has typified any media comments section ever since the B word was coined, very little of it thoughtful and balanced.

I'm sorry that mentioning the B word is such a trigger now for its fans.

BTW Am I alone in thinking there is more to the story than reported as yet - a lone young snowboarder and and group of beered up middle aged men who fancied a bit of a go - not an impossible scenario. Not saying that's what went down but a totally unprovoked attack is a pretty rare thing.
ski holidays
countryman wrote:
As one who has been attacked by a ski pole, by a skier, I was very glad I had a helmet. btw I was wrong I was on the uphill side on a blue path and criticisised a group/family for taking up the whole path and stopping across it.

Now this is much more interesting how and why did that escalate to an attack?
snow conditions
jirac18 wrote:

Yup. Talk about losing perspective. rolling eyes
snow conditions
@Dave of the Marmottes, and in terms of THIS thread, and this collection of comments, it was you who brought in the "b" word.
latest report
Brexit is ski related - it affects all of us (etc, yawn)

W H A T A L O A D O F P A T H E T I C B O L L O C K S (especially when the subject matter is a serious assault). I seem to remember going skiing and working in the alps without issues before the EU came into being. The future will be no different for most people, just like people miraculously manage to go skiing in Canada or Japan etc. Workers and their employers will be affected yes, but they aren't 'all of us' and there will be workarounds. EHIC 'might' disappear but most ski resort medical facilities are private so insurance is still the essential thing it ever was. Jeeeezus, we're leaving the EU, not the continent of Europe, where last time I checked our passports (blue or otherwise) and our hard-earned spondoolies are very welcome.

Meanwhile, like everyone else, I've been skied (boarded) into, I've witnessed collisions, many near-misses from above and the perpetrators invariable get shirty rather than apologise - it must be an adrenalin/low IQ thing. They simply don't know the rules, the resorts don't do anything to enforce, and the hit-and-run merchants mostly get away with it. If incidents were treated as if they happened on the high street, we might see some change, but don't hold your breath.
ski holidays
It was probably Kosmoz wot done it Laughing usually pretty angry about something.
latest report
@Pruman, if your so bored then why drag it up again. It's only the Brexiteers that have made a big deal of my comment about the nature of Daily Mail BTL commenters, which I stand by. You only have to look at the number of likes given to dumb reactionary spewings against snowboarders in general to know how much they consider things evenly....

As for the rest - yes adrenaline is a factor but low IQ? Really? Any prejudice there at all? No successful beered up German businessmen ever have a pop? Never met a smart person who loses it when provoked in a certain way?

Resorts globally don't however give a toss. No serious efforts at policing and educating. Mind you if I was doing the job there would be 50% fewer people on the slopes as the number of sin-binnings it would be possible to hand out for transgressions of the code would be enormous.
latest report
@Pruman, if your so bored then why drag it up again. It's only the Brexiteers that have made a big deal of my comment about the nature of Daily Mail BTL commenters, which I stand by. You only have to look at the number of likes given to dumb reactionary spewings against snowboarders in general to know how much they consider things evenly....

As for the rest - yes adrenaline is a factor but low IQ? Really? Any prejudice there at all? No successful beered up German businessmen ever have a pop? Never met a smart person who loses it when provoked in a certain way?

Resorts globally don't however give a toss. No serious efforts at policing and educating. Mind you if I was doing the job there would be 50% fewer people on the slopes as the number of sin-binnings it would be possible to hand out for transgressions of the code would be enormous.

Total bollox. You have completely lost the plot and the ability to actually see, read and reason what people actually say, write and mean. Grow up, man up and get a life.
latest report
@thecramps,

So tell me what these things mean

Quote:

Snowboarders, the cause of most problems.

Quote:

I have almost always found snowboarders to be of low intellect and have no comprehension of others on the slopes. We have far too many in Australia but fortunately whee I ski in Italy the prices are too high for these creatures.

Quote:

and I have to agree the snowboarders don't give a toss about skiers on the same run. They are dangerous.

I could just about give you some knowing sarcasm from snowboarders but the hundreds giving such shiite thumbs up almost certainly aren't reading the irony if any in such comments.
latest report
@thecramps,

So tell me what these things mean

Quote:

Snowboarders, the cause of most problems.

Quote:

I have almost always found snowboarders to be of low intellect and have no comprehension of others on the slopes. We have far too many in Australia but fortunately whee I ski in Italy the prices are too high for these creatures.

Quote:

and I have to agree the snowboarders don't give a toss about skiers on the same run. They are dangerous.

I could just about give you some knowing sarcasm from snowboarders but the hundreds giving such shiite thumbs up almost certainly aren't reading the irony if any in such comments.

So where was brexit mentioned in any of those quotes ?
I didn't see anything in any of the comments about it at the time I read them to see what you are on about, you brought a subject up that wasnt being discussed either in the article, the comments in the paper or in this thread until you mentioned it
YET somehow according to you it's all typical of people who hate A the EU and B snowboarders.
People have opinions just because there are other opinions doesn't make holders of them right or wrong.
Live and let live.
We dont know the facts of this case it could have been all the boarders fault or the skier might have started it or a bit of both
snow report
@robs1, you really think those opinions are acceptable and not just per the original point I was making just reactionary BS? Live and let live - it's ok to spout bile about other groups other than your own?

Quote:

YET somehow according to you it's all typical of people who hate A the EU and B snowboarders.

Nope. You have the logic wrong. I was saying the nature of the piling on with the comments against snowboarders was typical of online BTL commentary from the sort of people who have raged against liberals, snowflakes, remoaniacs, immigrants, eurocrats etc over the past 5 or so years. You don't see any nexus? Fine. But why so touchy?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy