Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another tragic death in 2 Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
twoodwar wrote:
@pam w, I totally agree with you. As long as I don’t have to suffer the smoke.

I agree too, very strongly. The resort bares no responsibility whatsoever in my view. The mountains can never be made safe, we have to bare responsibility over ourselves. Unfortunately that means there will be accidents.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w wrote:
Quote:

Though you could say that it should have a. bye-laws in place to reduce alcohol consumption, and b. more policing of the streets. Trouble is a. would reduce resort income, and b. would be a cost on the resort.

It's an old-fashioned view, I know, but I think there's a point where people must be deemed to be responsible for their own safety. I also think they should be at liberty to get as drunk as they wish, provided they don't harm anyone else in the process and that adults should be at liberty to smoke themselves to death, leap off high cliffs in wing-suits or ski off piste without a transceiver. Unwise as all those activities are.

It's all covered in this website .. https://darwinawards.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thecramps wrote:
twoodwar wrote:
@pam w, I totally agree with you. As long as I don’t have to suffer the smoke.

I agree too, very strongly. The resort bares no responsibility whatsoever in my view. The mountains can never be made safe, we have to bare responsibility over ourselves. Unfortunately that means there will be accidents.

Oh come on! Alcohol is a legalised, heavily taxed, mind altering drug and the responsibility for this lies at the feet of local politicians. Bet your life they’d do something about it if was the son of someone prominent.

About a year ago a skier skied of a cliff and died and against the backdrop of ‘It’s dangerous there’ ‘They need to put signs up’ ‘Why isn’t there a Barrier?’ I said it was evolution at work. Well, the usual snowHead virtue waving was triggered. ‘Simply dreadful’ ‘Troll’ ‘Evil’ ‘Blasphemer’ and out came the village pitch forks. A totally sober skier goes BASE jumping to their death and the Community of Eternal Mourning starts wailing about it. This happens and it’s ‘Evolution’ ‘Drunken idiot’ ‘Totally deserved’ ‘Put the body on public display as warning to others’.

PATHETIC!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the way some people are talking about these accidents is weird to say the least.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy