Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we are a family of 4 off to Alpbach at half term with a big group of skiers (local junior race club).
My sons are 8 and 5 and will go into ski school/race training, but I just wondered if any forum members had any feed back on the ski area, particularly regarding my 5 year old, who is a good skier for his age (he’s won slalom races on Stoke dry slope) but hasn’t ever skied reds (a few blues in Megeve and ADH last year.
Was hoping we could ski as a family but obviously want to be safe.
Thanks in advance
Stu
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stu330, there is a thread specifically about this area https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=134260 there is a brit couple, at least one of whom is a ski instructor, who make regular contributions and are also knowledgeable about the area as they spend the winters there. From my brief visit a while back I would say the area is perfect but check out the thread for more up to date info.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
Thanks for that
I knew there would be something, I just couldn’t find it with the search.
Cheers
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@stu330, skied there last year as a family with a 10 and 8 year old, so bit older but only a week a year so descent but no experts. Late season so not much snow low down but they were able to ski top to bottom, blues and reds and nothing too scary so suspect you'll be fine.

I skied over the other Wikdschonau side with the kids where there was a good fun slope which they enjoyed. There was a woodland fun slope on the Alpbach side too. Also don't forget to do the rodelbahn, our kids always look out for those wherever we go and they're good fun!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@stu330, Have skied there a lot over Feb half term for 10 years or so. Let me know what you want to know? Are your kids doing AVSC?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
baronofthecourt wrote:
@stu330, Have skied there a lot over Feb half term for 10 years or so. Let me know what you want to know? Are your kids doing AVSC?

Hi
I’ve got a meeting about the trip tomorrow, so will know more then.
My main interest is that their are ample runs that I can do with the 5 year old when he is not in ski school.
Thanks though, may have some more questions soon
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@munich_irish, thanks for the plug but unfortunately due to a very close family bereavement I am neither in Austria nor updating the thread at the moment.
As far as the OP goes there is plenty of suitable terrain but at half term will be busy. The 2 lifts over the back at Alpbach are normally a little quieter (W7 and W10 if memory serves me correctly ). The run down to Inneralpbach is ok but can be icy in poor snow conditions, if you go down there either on skis or in the gondola you can go up to Schatzberg at Auffach where there are some relatively short and easy reds.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Duplicate

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 14-01-20 21:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent, thanks
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy