Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau, Wildschönau, Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
As @carolyn, is not living here any longer I thought I would start a new thread and include the rest of the Ski Juwel area.
Alpbach opened for the weekend last weekend and is planning to do the same this coming weekend, official opening date is the 8th December so two bonus weekends for those able to take advantage. Maybe I will have a look this weekend but my son wants me to go to Axamer Lizum with him so maybe I will have to wait..
Auffach is also due to open on 8th with Niederau a week later on the 15th. We have snow down into the valley already and the nursery slopes in the village have been pisted already.
Currently we are having steady snowfall at all levels and very cold temperatures forecast for the next few days. Keep dancing!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 30-11-17 11:32; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's great to hear. We will be there early in January so great to see the good start to the season
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chris_n, good to hear from you. We shall miss Carolyn and her reports.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
+1, Carolyn's reports had become part of winter for me!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is us this morning, about 20cm at 900m

Off to clear the carpark now!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Clear and cold (-7 in the car park) at the moment but clouds are rolling in now. Yesterday was cold and sunny with temperatures well below zero at all levels all day.
Alpbach is opening 6 lifts for the weekend so may go there tomorrow.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks fabulous. Have a great season.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another 25 or so cm yesterday / last night at village level. A little milder today, more snow forecast at the end of the week.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Opening day at Auffach and Alpbach, off to see if we can remember how to do it!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Chris_n, Have a great time! Please report back how things are.....we arrive in Alpbach on 21st CAN-NOT-WAIT Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I can still find my way down a mountain, snow was plentiful but some of the pistes require a little more work to make them more skiable. I'm sure a few more grooms and all is fine, off piste in Aufach is good for the time of year. Didn't get to Alpbach but have been told conditions there are if anything better than Auffach.

snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks great!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Chris_n, Looks great!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another 20cm of snow cleared off the car park this morning!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking good
snow conditions
Nice of you to say you'll miss me! Glad to have been of service Smile
snow report
Nice of you to say you'll miss me! Glad to have been of service Smile
snow report
Welcome to the thread @carolyn. Been very warm with the Föhn storm the last couple of days but we seem to have missed the worst of it with none of the really strong winds some places have seen. Temperatures were quite warm yesterday with a high of about 12 degrees. This was followed by heavy rain overnight last night, I was half expecting to get up to green meadows this morning but the snow has survived remarkably well. In the morning it started to snow and the temperature has continued to drop all day. Tomorrow is looking a lot better so off to Auffach to see if there has been any damage to the snow pack higher up Very Happy
snow conditions
10 cm of new snow in the village overnight, off to Auffach!
ski holidays
Hi @carolyn, I am finally a snowhead hehe snowHead snowHead too
ski holidays
An amazing day skiing at Auffach today
snow report
A cold bluebird day today at Auffach with about 30cm of fresh snow at the top.

Piste crew working hard all day in Niederau ready for opening on Friday.

Pic courtesy of Snow Crew Niederau
latest report
Looks great. Can't wait to get there in Feb.
ski holidays
Snowing again today . Forecast for snow all night, sunny for opening in Niederau tomorrow. Very Happy
latest report
Awesome skiing today Very Happy
snow conditions
Looks great hopefully stays that way going there on 6th of Jan
snow report
Tipping down again this morning.
Couple of pics from yesterday

snow conditions
Found your new thread @Chris_n, thanks for making it easy. Thought it was high time I had a look around to see what photos you have of the snow this season. We're coming out again in February as usual. Arriving 3rd February and staying in the Harfenwirt.

Is the red ski school still the same as last year? i.e. based in the village, so we have to get there on the Sunday, rather than starting in front of the Harfenwirt?

Not long to go now. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anybody know if there is any truth in story I heard that owner of Harfenwirt has fallen out with one of the ski schools (red?) and will try to insist all his guests book with the Blues?
ski holidays
Jumbulance trip is booked for end of January (28/01 - 02/02). Bringing the new bus on it's first trip abroad!
Keep the snow good for our VIP skiers please!
Skullie snowHead Very Happy
snow report
We (Red ski school) are running lessons at the Harfenwirt slope again this year.
Another covering of snow again least night.
On a different note thoughts today are with @carolyn, sadly her mother passed away this morning.
ski holidays
@Chris_n, Really sorry to see that. Awful for Carolyn and her family. Especially at a time of year when everyone is partying for Christmas and the opening of the season.
snow conditions
Guess I will be trotting into the village to pick up skis, lift pass and book into ski school as early as possibly on the Sunday then, and hurry back to the Harfenwirt to start there. I would prefer to be based there if possible. We won't be arriving until about 7:30pm on the Saturday, so it will be too late to sort everything out then. Not sure if Alistair is attending ski school this year. He is still thinking about it. I will though. I don't think I could safely wander around the slopes on my own for the whole week.
latest report
@J Rhiannon, are you not able to at least book ski school in advance and charge up a lift pass?
snow report
@Pamski, I could probably do ski school in advance. I can only get they 6 day lift pass through Crystal, but I want it for 7 days so I think I have to get it from the kiosk.
latest report
@Pamski, I could probably do ski school in advance. I can only get they 6 day lift pass through Crystal, but I want it for 7 days so I think I have to get it from the kiosk.
snow report
First day proper of the season today, lots more people (mainly Dutch) about than previous years. First time I have ever had more Dutch in my group than British. Loads of sunshine today but still cold after a couple of miserable damp days. Snow is firm on piste but not really icy so all in all perfect piste conditions.
snow conditions
Merry Christmas from the Wildschonau. Beautiful blue skies and sunny too, perfect snow. Very Happy
snow report
15cm in the village overnight, still snowing lightly. Visibility not so good this morning but sunshine forecast for tomorrow Very Happy
snow report
Another few inches overnight, looking nice with snow in the trees this morning Very Happy. Unfortunately it is looking like rain this afternoon at least at village level, hopefully snow on the tops. Piste conditions are still good with a good base beneath the recent snowfalls.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy