Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Shadow skier/ chaperone Les Arc 1950 - 5th April 2029 5/6 days

Poster: A snowHead
@Oleski, yes I know you are right. Just disappointed it was this hard. I wa fully prepared to pay any extra costs. I just felt it could have been easier. And sad for my kids that they will Miss their favourite bit of skiing and making friends from around the globe
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bunches wrote:
I am not doing well... so now all private lessons for the mornings have been booked up for that week. The only place that has private lessons still available is ESI 1800 - would it be possible to ski down to 1800 in the mornings from 1950 - or do I need lifts to be open?

You would need for the lifts to be open so I fear this won't work. However you make a reference to tunnel booking so I assume you are coming by car - in which case you could drive round.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could get the bus round to 1800 before lifts open, you need to change bus in 1600 at funicular. Not ideal but it's possible.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bunches, are PV being helpful about possible accommodation switch to another resort?

Or do you still really have your hearts set on Arcs 1950? Not sure whether, for example, Val D ticks the boxes overall for your group?

Morning lessons starting from 1800 when based in 1950 inconvenient but certainly not impossible. Early taxi direct from 1950 to 1800 could work and worth costing out? Buses could work for free, but messier?

The Val D’Isere option looks good if PV playing ball.

I hope with your persistence and a bit of help from snowHeads this will all work out.
snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That is a school holiday week so should be lots of UK kids and hopefully many from this forum going then.
I have used this site

https://maisonsport.com/en

to book a private instructor which I shared with another snowHead for lessons for my daughter and her son. We both needed very small groups and an understanding and patient instructor due them both being on the autistic spectrum.

We are now booked again private lessons sharing with that same snowheads son and my niece and nephew this Feb.

Might be worth posting here (a desperate post) specifically for others who are In resort that week who would like to share a private instructor for a small group which tackles both the safety and group aspects?

I would offer but that week we are in La Thuile - I haven’t yet booked anything as I will see what the girls want to do after Feb but I can’t use groups again for my ASD daughter so it may just be an odd couple of privates
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tbh I think it is a bit rich to slag off a ski school because they can't meet your kids medical needs.

It's the easter holiday, a very busy time for them.

And then trying to find another random unknown adult to be the parent for your child... words fail me.

Your the kids parent, so be the parent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm confused. Why don't you be his shadow and chairlift buddy? Or are you a non skier or not want to spoil your skiing? Serious question.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Csb123, the op already explained her very good reasons in the thread if you bother to read it.

@ChrisKernow, on the other hand, I see a ski school who’ve both been unhelpful and messed her about. I see instructors in this thread not seeing what the big issue is about just sitting next to him on chair lifts. And I’ve seen ski schools go out of their way to accommodate children with much more challenging needs. And then I see you, being unnecessarily unpleasant to someone who is just trying their best to sort out a situation that wasn’t known and couldn’t have been predicted at the time of booking, who is already stressed and down about the whole situation.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gämsbock, +1
Good points, well made.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't think that's particularly fair @ChrisKernow.

She booked their holiday and subsequently found out that her son had a serious condition that could put him in jeopardy while skiing, no less affect his life significantly.
Personally, I think @Bunches may be over reacting to the diagnosis a little
though who am I to judge? A random on the internet who has never met her, her son or his doctor.
but (and this is a really big BUT), I don't know any caring parent who would not, at this stage, be struggling to fully comprehend and correctly contextualise such dramatic news and yes, over-reacting in some way or another. Some would just cancel the lessons. Some would cancel the holiday altogether.
I read this thread as someone, a little shocked and concerned, being perhaps a little over-careful 'just in case' while trying to minimise the impact on his life and the things he loves.
More power to her - I personally think that's a respect-worthy attitude!

In a year or 2, having lived with it, they'll know what to expect and be making balanced judgements and plans based on established facts born of experience. But for now...

The OP said, her son loves being part of ski school.
The OP said, that her technical ability prevented her shadowing the classes herself.
The OP said that while he'll probably be fine, she'd feel better if he was sat next to an adult who wouldn't panic if he had a seizure.

Under these 3 premises, people are suggesting possible routes to a solution.
Meanwhile, I don't see her 'slagging off' a ski school so much as expressing frustration that a solution can't be found despite being willing to pay for it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Gämsbock, If the single instructor is always sitting next to her child then they are not giving as much attention to the rest of the group, it really needs another adult.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Gämsbock, @PeakyB, thank you.

And thank (almost) all of your for your helpful comments.

I guess I was fixated on trying to deliver the ski holiday my children are used and love (being independent, and having fun making fab friends at ski school). I’ve slept on it and realise it’s not the end of the world and going the private lesson route this year won’t ruin the holiday.

Thank you all. I’ll close this thread as I don’t want any further asssinations on my parenting!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@admin, and a massive thank you to you too
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Apologies Bunches, i now see you explained why you couldn't shadow him. Hope you have a nice holiday regardless.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wow, turns out @ChrisKernow taught his own kids to snowBoard.
I found this video of his unique style of encouragement.

http://youtube.com/v/e1gU3pt-Y6E&feature=youtu.be
snow conditions
x7 wrote:
Wow, turns out @ChrisKernow taught his own kids to snowBoard.
I found this video of his unique style of encouragement.

http://youtube.com/v/e1gU3pt-Y6E&feature=youtu.be

Ha ha, very good.

Am oh so sorry I didn't agree that Les Arcs ski schools are uncaring because their group lessons can't cater for a child with epilepsy, and it's so unfair on the mum.

Quick, group hug.

Sheesh.
snow report
@Bunches, obviously entirely up to you, but I think it would be a shame if you closed this thread if you felt the knowledge, nous and encouragement of the majority might help.

If you do, then good luck and, of course, you could always start a new one later.

You wouldn’t have to scan too many threads to realise that, if empathy were dynamite, there are some people on here who wouldn’t have enough to blow their hat off.

As a wise snowHead often says, it’ll all work out fine.
snowHead
ski holidays
Check out the Les Arcs thread. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=148502 a much better place to ask for help. Or on the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/
snow report
@snowcrazy, thank you so much for your message, I’ve replied and delighted with offer of help. Have followed your pages and look forward to hearing from you.

Snowheads you have been amazing and support and insight I’ve received in invaluable and now potentially I
Might have the exact solution I was hoping for. What a fabulous forum, thank so much

Now to do a snow dance..... woo hoo
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy