Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski near geneva - not too cold ! :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Actually, seeing as the coldest ski day I have ever had was (-24c) in Valmorel, in the first week of Jan and it's low by most French standards, I don't think I should have commented. Someone mentioned proper clothing for your wife - go where you want and buy her a new Merino thermal and don't do her boots up too tight xx
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the thread is getting away from the central point that Chamonix is not colder than anywhere else in the area, and is not likely to be that cold anyway...

Although it is of course, possible.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
January usually means cold and no sun!

Too bad you've done Flaine.

IMHO avoid Chamonix, unless you like walking to buses, or find something close to Argentière for Petits Montets (hopefully cheap passes this year?!).

I'm typing this from sunny Les Gets but for you might feel constrained here - corner of PDS.

So for PDS without a car I'd suggest Avoriaz.

Or, if only for the views (and the sun), Megève/Combloux as noted by others.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
St Gervais, low down but fabulous skiing further up
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all thx again so much I'm new to this forum and totally overwhelmed by the responses. Update : booked for Morzine. Yes if seems Chamonix is a pain with the disjointed areas and crowded busses. Worth it perhaps if ones info off piste but we aren't. Yet. Have been to Avoriaz, chose the resort lower as presumably it will be less cold after ski. And read that links go Avoriaz ads good. And fancy a nice genuine village vs purpose built. Last year at Avoriaz was nice to be close to the piste, a couple xYs I went back to the apartment for a little sleep or snack in middle of day, hope wont miss that this time Smile but it was a little lazy of me. Anyway thx again! And if I have anytbing interesting or useful to share from the trip till be sure to. Happy New Year
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
honky2 wrote:
booked for Morzine. [...] Have been to Avoriaz, chose the resort lower as presumably it will be less cold after ski.
Good one, and Happy New Year.
We are witnessing some temperature inversion these last few weeks, where it's way colder down the valleys vs. resorts. But by valley I mean 500-700m, under the sea of clouds. You'll be fine in Morzine Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@honky2, Morzine is great. Don't get your hose in a twist over temperatures!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy