Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Full Season Saalbach / Zell am See / Kaprun

Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I'm going to be out and about on the slopes from the 1st December. I'll be working over Christmas instructing and most of February and April. Most of December, January and March I'm free though if anyone is in the area and wants a ski friend to meet up with

Thanks,
Pete
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Powder Pete, I’ll be in Saalbach-Hinterglemm from 3rd January for 2 weeks and again from 21st February for 2 weeks.
Happy to meet up with any Snowheads.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Powder Pete, add yourself to the snowBuddy so snowHeads know you're about snowHead

You too @Yorksboy... if you feel like it of course Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@admin, already have done
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nice one - one step ahead Cool
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok I think i've done it right. People keep on telling me i'll get on great with you admin! They also keep mentioning 'weird music'!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It may be fair to say I have 'evolved' sensibilities that some of these so-called 'people' of whom you speak may not quite be ready to grasp the finer points of.

That said, I have quite eclectic tastes and with a little frank discussion I can usually find something in common with anyone, unless they're the sort that only likes one band (and it's probably Coldplay rolling eyes )
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well I was very into DJing for many years during my teens and then got into producing electronic music throughout most of my 20s so all things techno and experimental electronic related are up my street. That's not to say exclusively as I have a very broad range. I think someone mentioned you used to produce too? I really like synths and creating sounds.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Got into the rave thing back before it had all started breaking up into separate sub-genres and went through to running a studio/doing parties under St Pancras station in the early noughties.

This was my first release: it got about a lot back at the time when people would wait on the M25 services for a phone call to tell them where the party was going off.
The voice "I'll give you a kiss" was sampled off 'An Electric Storm' by The Whitenoise, one of the most revolutionary/ground-breaking records in the history of electronic music and a huge influence on the way I thought about sound. I was since fortunate enough to meet David Vorhaus and Whitenoise is now an old friend, a well known snowHead and regular on the bashes snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/iiSIiutmpow

This was a couple of years later, just before Trance became it's own genre - we were just trying to make techno tunes that were more trancey Toofy Grin
But then, it was also early days for that purist acid sound too.
This got hammered by a lot of names I really looked up to.

http://youtube.com/v/tZS6Sf23xk4

Both these releases opened doors for me for years and I often didn't realise (until later) that my 'luck' had resulted from someone knowing/having/caning one of these tunes.
I made a lot more, and a lot that sold a lot more but these were special early ones.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh cool. Some really old school stuff there. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Powder Pete.

3 of us will be in Kirchberg the first week of March. We'll be buying a Super Salzburg, and mostly staying in the Kirchberg/Kitzbuhel area, as there is so much skiing, and so many resorts near there. We do however, intend a day trip to Saalbach, so we could meet up that day if you like?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi yes that would be good. I'm going to get the superskipass too as I want to try out a few resorts. I've not been to Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg and was plannning to try it for a few days if I can find some reasonably priced accommodation.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Powder Pete wrote:
Hi yes that would be good. I'm going to get the superskipass too as I want to try out a few resorts. I've not been to Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg and was plannning to try it for a few days if I can find some reasonably priced accommodation.

Well I can't speak for the other two, but we have an apartment with 5 beds I think. We have asked a couple of people if they wanted to join us(friends of one of the guys who's going), but no takers so far. Fine by me if you want to stay over a night or two if we have beds free. We want to visit Saalbach anyway.

My very first ski trip was to Kaprun. We actually booked Kitzbuhel(so this year I'll finally ski there), with a fledgling Crystal Holidays, but they let us down, and offered Kaprun or Ellmau in place of. We did go on the Funicular a few times, before the disaster where it caught fire, and many were killed. It's closed off now.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh that's very kind of you. I'd love to do that. Yes saalbach is great. I've only spent a handful of days there before and still haven't a clue where I'm going. It's huge. It's also now connected to Sell am see by a new lift. Should be around 350km of skiing.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Powder Pete wrote:
Oh that's very kind of you. I'd love to do that. Yes saalbach is great. I've only spent a handful of days there before and still haven't a clue where I'm going. It's huge. It's also now connected to Sell am see by a new lift. Should be around 350km of skiing.

I've not been back to Austria since that very first trip, so really looking forward to it. One of the guys with us, really wanted to get to Saalbach, so that's why we're going.

I've just checked, and it's 3 rooms 6 beds. I think it meant we all got our own room, but I'm not bothered about that. I think only one bed is a double. I don't see the other guys objecting, but I'll message them to be sure.

Will you have a car? If not, we could potentially give you a lift to Kirchberg from Saalbach, but not back again.
snow conditions
Cool. No I won't have a car with me so that would be great. Is it only one day that you can spare in Saalbach? I have shared accommodation in Sportchallet Viehhofen. It's very cheap and might have some availability if that's what you wanted. I want to try the challenge a few times this year https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/infrastructure/the-challenge_a_1721
latest report
Powder Pete wrote:
Cool. No I won't have a car with me so that would be great. Is it only one day that you can spare in Saalbach? I have shared accommodation in Sportchallet Viehhofen. It's very cheap and might have some availability if that's what you wanted. I want to try the challenge a few times this year https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/infrastructure/the-challenge_a_1721

Well I don't want to put you off, but I suspect you're younger than us, and likely quite a bit better.

That looks pretty fantastic, but probably beyond our skill and fitness. I think it will only be one day, as there's so much near to Kirchberg/Kitzbuhel to do as well. We're hoping to get a couple of hours in Lofer on the way to Kirchberg too, as it's mid journey, and it will be too late when we get to Kirchberg first day. We only have 6 full days skiing, so I think it will be just one in Saalbach.
snow conditions
That's alright - we can do something less ambitious then. I get on well with anyone. I'm 34. I'll be able to show you around anyway so you can make the most of your day in Saalbach since time is limited. I should know my way around by then!
latest report
Powder Pete wrote:
That's alright - we can do something less ambitious then. I get on well with anyone. I'm 34. I'll be able to show you around anyway so you can make the most of your day in Saalbach since time is limited. I should know my way around by then!

That would be great.

One of us is twice your age, but he gets about well.

Wink

It would be great to be shown around, by someone who knows the area.

If we came over midweek, perhaps we'll have discovered good runs local to us too(but I think there'll be lots of them, as so many resorts within a few miles. I'm sure the others won't mind you staying a night or two, but if we ski too slow, you don't have to stop with us.

Anyway, I've messaged them. I'll let you know what they say, and we can arrange dates nearer the time.
snow report
Great stuff thanks.
snow report
@SteveBrown, you know me. I'm ok with anywhere we can use the car to go skiing in the whole wide area, especially on darker colours. I'm bringing the new skis as well, hoping to find some powder.
But you need to know I'm counting on your English breakfasts NehNeh
snow report
drporat wrote:
@SteveBrown, you know me. I'm ok with anywhere we can use the car to go skiing in the whole wide area, especially on darker colours. I'm bringing the new skis as well, hoping to find some powder.
But you need to know I'm counting on your English breakfasts NehNeh

I think you only like Black, because of the tendency to be a lot slower than blue! Fear of speed - that's what it is.

Wink

There will be egg, bacon, and Taylors Rich Italian every day.

Smile
latest report
Powder Pete wrote:
Great stuff thanks.

I guess there's several way it could be done, if you like the idea.

We could even meet you in Salzburg, you join us in Lofer, Kirchberg, until you've had enough - then we have our day in Saalbach, and drop you off. We could do Saalbach mid week, then you make your back from Kirchberg, or we could drop you in Salzburg. I guess either of those, there's going to be a lot of skis and kit in the car, but I'm sure somehow we'd manage.

Anyway, let us know what you like the idea of, and I'm sure we can accommodate.

Smile
snow report
Yeah we can sort it out nearer the time. I can easily get a bus to Kirchberg which only takes an hour and a half. Should be pretty easy logistically. Might be good if I get the bus to you and ski with you in Kirchberg / Kitzbuhel and then we can go to Saalbach after that?
ski holidays
I'll be in Saalbach 11/18 Jan and will be covering some miles and having a few beers. I will probably aim to win a mug (Ski Circus Challenge) on one of the days if the weather is good. I am out on my own but, as I found last year, you are never on your own for long in Saalbach so I plan to ski with a few people who kindly welcomed me last year. You never know but The Hoff might be performing that week too! Message me nearer the time!
ski holidays
Yeah sounds cool Klamm. Will do!
snow report
Powder Pete wrote:
Yeah we can sort it out nearer the time. I can easily get a bus to Kirchberg which only takes an hour and a half. Should be pretty easy logistically. Might be good if I get the bus to you and ski with you in Kirchberg / Kitzbuhel and then we can go to Saalbach after that?

Yeah, that's fine Pete.

If I feel I'm fit enough, I'd love a go at that challenge. Maybe Sharon would like a go at it too, but I don't think Graham would. I think my max in a day, would have been about 40Km last year, and I was about done in by 2pm most days. My intention is to be much fitter this year, so we'll see.
latest report
I haven't skied that many kms in a day before to be fair. I'll give it a test run - long turns only to save my energy. My friends wife did it last year and she's a good recreational skier so it is do-able. But yeah we don't need to bother with it. Either way we'll have fun.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Powder Pete wrote:
I haven't skied that many kms in a day before to be fair. I'll give it a test run - long turns only to save my energy. My friends wife did it last year and she's a good recreational skier so it is do-able. But yeah we don't need to bother with it. Either way we'll have fun.

Think it will be best not to decide till we're there, and see how we're all feeling. Whether that's the best way to spend our one day there, I'm not sure - but it may be.

I think we wouldn't want to go to Saalbach on our last day, but any other day is fine. Maybe you could join us early in the week - like Monday, then potentially you could spend 3 days where we are if you wanted to, or we could go to Saalbach on Wednesday if not.

There's so much near to us, we won't get to do it all in a week anyway. Really looking forward to Kitzbuhel, and the Hahnenkamm, seeing as how that's where I wanted to go for my first trip ever(I guess because I'd seen it Ski Sunday).

We were in Courchevel 1650 last year, and skiid right over to Val Thorens several times, but I don't think that got us anywhere near 65Km.
latest report
Oh yeah that sounds awesome. Yeah that sounds like a good plan - 3 days and then Saalbach. Kitzbuhel and Hahnenkamm sound excellent. I haven't skied in france yet. What did you think?
snow report
Powder Pete wrote:
Oh yeah that sounds awesome. Yeah that sounds like a good plan - 3 days and then Saalbach. Kitzbuhel and Hahnenkamm sound excellent. I haven't skied in france yet. What did you think?

I think 3Valleys is the most enjoyable place I've ever skied. Last year was my third time. It was late - last week in March - and snow wasn't so great, which is why we headed to Val T, because it had the best snow. Was disappointed with Morzine, but we didn't have great conditions there either(fog and rain). I loved Les Deux Alpes, and had a day in La Grave, which was the best day ever. Had just 3 days in Val d'Isere, and loved it there. I've been to Soldeu in Andorra more than anywhere, and I absolutely love the place. The skiing can't compare to The Alps though, and you do run the risk of having no snow at all!.

I fancy Alpe d'Huez next year, and Paradiski the year after, but I think there might be a strong case for another week in Kirchberg after this year, so we'll see.
ski holidays
Hi Peter.

Just had a message back from Graham, and he also thinks it would be great if you joined us.

In case you're interested, this is where we're booked into:

As I said, it's the one with 3 rooms and 6 beds, so no problems with accomm.

https://austria.directbooking.ro/booking-apartments-heidi-peter-kirchberg-reservation-offer-1128076.aspx#photo[hotel]/1/
ski holidays
I am in the area a few times in Jan/March, would be good to meet ski buddies.

17/18 Jan - Leogang
w/c 25 Jan - Bramberg
w/c 7 March - Leogang

Quote:

Well I was very into DJing for many years during my teens and then got into producing electronic music throughout most of my 20s so all things techno and experimental electronic related are up my street. That's not to say exclusively as I have a very broad range. I think someone mentioned you used to produce too? I really like synths and creating sounds.

Me too, retired from Djing about 5 years ago. Predominantly 'house' based DJ with a lot of early 80s disco/funk/hip hop thrown in. Toofy Grin
snow report
Hi ribblevalleyred, yes that sounds good to me for January although i'll be doing some skiing in early March with Stevebrown et al so i'll have to see about March but should probably be ok. I do like a bit of house! What are a few of your favourite tracks?

My work date are officially:

December 22 - January 10th
February 16-28th
April 5th - 17th

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 18-11-19 22:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
SteveBrown wrote:
Hi Peter.

Just had a message back from Graham, and he also thinks it would be great if you joined us.

https://austria.directbooking.ro/booking-apartments-heidi-peter-kirchberg-reservation-offer-1128076.aspx#photo[hotel]/1/

Great news Steve. Lets do it then. Really looking forward to that.
latest report
SteveBrown wrote:
Hi Peter.

snow report
Powder Pete wrote:
SteveBrown wrote:
Hi Peter.

Yeah, me too - and the other two are.

Think we decided we'd ski Saalbach on Thursday, then leave you there. I don't mind an early start, if we can motivate the others - I'm always awake early. Google says 75km, and 1h 20mins. We can leave pretty much ready for the slopes, and hopefully arrive when the lifts open(that's what I want to do anyway).

I'll leave it up to you when you want to get to Kirchberg. I can pick you up from the station at Kirchberg, or Kitzbuhel if that's easier for you. I don't think it matters to us, when you join us. Are you on Whats App? I can link you in on our chat.
ski holidays
I'm there 13/12 - 21/12. Blues and reds kind of skier. Happy enough on blacks but fitness leads me to staying comfortable. Still deciding if I will join group lessons or not.
ski holidays
@SteveBrown - Yes that sounds ideal. Yes i'm on whatsapp. It would be good if you could PM me with the chat.

@andybomb1 Hi Andy, Saalbach is a great place for blues and reds so it's easy to do mostly that. I only came across one black that was pretty steep and icy. I'm happy on Blues and Reds too as my technique is better - there are some really long ones we found last year! If you're not going to join a class we should hang out and do some skiing.
ski holidays
Pete, sounds great. I’m undecided at present as I’m away for 3 weeks in 3 separate places in Austria so need to work out best options for where to spend on lessons. I’m thinking it’s a part social thing / part lesson need.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy