Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

MISSING (MAYBE STOLEN?) WHITEDOT SKIS

Poster: A snowHead
On the 1st Oct I shipped a new pair of Whitedot R.108 CarbonLite in 177cm skis to Shepton Mallet, Bristol via TNT. They were mounted with a pair of blue/black Salomon Shift bindings and the box also contained a pair of Colltex Clariden skins (cut for the skis) and a pair of 100mm Shift binding crampons = a £1200+ package.

The parcel arrived at TNT's depot overnight and my customer received a text from them saying that they would deliver on Wed 2nd Oct. The parcel was never deliver and has now disappeared and I currently have a "case" open with the courier etc but they've yet to find the parcel.

If anyone happens across the skis please let me know.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-10-19 12:23; edited 3 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here's a pic of the skis:

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 18-10-19 12:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jon, TNT has a very bad rating on Trustpilot. At the moment about 600 people have left reviews, most of whom seem to be complaining about packages going missing. My guess is that TNT either lost the skis or delivered them to the wrong address. I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
MyHermes are worse. I had a delivery yesterday which the driver decided to leave by the door, in full sight of anyone passing. Every other courier either won't leave it (i.e I have to collect) or put it in a safe place (there are plenty to choose from).

Will keep an eye out for anything cropping up in the usual, might be worth setting up an alert on eBay etc. so you get an email if they get listed.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hope TNT compo is good. Presumably you have alerts for thievbay and gumtree set up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
diaphon wrote:
Jon, TNT has a very bad rating on Trustpilot. At the moment about 600 people have left reviews, most of whom seem to be complaining about packages going missing. My guess is that TNT either lost the skis or delivered them to the wrong address. I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you!
To be fair most people don't do reviews to say their parcel arrived on time as expected. The reviews do tend to be the ones with complaints, the millions of satisfied customers generally go unheard. Just saying..
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They are a bit big to fit in your pocket Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yep, I've got alerts set up.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Funny how no one noticed that awkwardly large, long thin box wandering off...

Lots of stuff changes hands on FB too. Maybe try buy/sell groups in that area. You can also post “stolen” listings usually as well.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If there is no delivery confirmation of any sort, its either lost in the depot, was nicked by the driver, or was nicked out of the van. TNT's own tracking should indicate exactly how far it got (ie. on to the delivery van or not).

I had a Garmin Fenix delivered by DHL. The box was nominally sealed but had minor damage on one corner. But once opened it became clear that the minor damage was an access opening, and the watch had been removed from the Garmin packaging, then everything put back together. In that case it had definitely been nicked by someone in the DHL network.

As per the other comments a few rouge delivery drivers can cause chaos, but since everything is continuously scanned and tracked, they should know who last had it in their hands.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not so long ago I ran a medical device distribution company. Twice I had cartons containing devices worth around €8,000 (and with limited tolerance to temperatures) left on my warehouse doorstep as no-one answered the door to sign. This under a "professional" delivery "requiring" signature.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PowderAdict wrote:
... a few rouge delivery drivers can cause chaos, but since everything is continuously scanned and tracked, they should know who last had it in their hands.

Should be straightforward - they'll be the ones with red faces Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ecureuil, Jon will be made up when he finds them.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon wrote:
Here's a pic of the skis:

they are certainly noticeable - look for a delivery driver with a glazed stare, what are those? thousands of quiver killers in a single ski?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
king key wrote:
diaphon wrote:
To be fair most people don't do reviews to say their parcel arrived on time as expected. The reviews do tend to be the ones with complaints, the millions of satisfied customers generally go unheard. Just saying..
That's true to a certain degree but valid comparisons can still be drawn.

For example, I have found DPD to be consistently very reliable and they seem quite proactive in customer engagement. OK, so Trust Pilot still mostly attracts the people who want to have a whinge
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.dpd.co.uk
But still their results outclass TNT by a 8.3miles (30 minutes)
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/tnt-express.de

UK Mail used to be utterly crap! Fortunately they disappeared but now DHL are utterly crap (because they bought UK Mail and just rebadged the whole crap operation rolling eyes )
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/dhl-express.de

In my experience I'd give Yodel the prize for 'most improved'. I used to find them rubbish but they're pretty on the case now.
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/yodel.co.uk
snow conditions
Top Tip:

Consider using these guys to insure your packages. They charge only 0.6% of the item's value. A vast saving over the courier's own insurance:

www.secursus.com

That said, I have not used them yet, and there are not many reviews out there.
snow report
@admin, for most of the deliveries I have had with DPD they have been great but one time they had a parcel and I as out, trying to get them to redeliver was a nightmare and took me well over a week to finally get them to leave with a Sainsbury’s collection point, they kept repeatedly saying they were going to redeliver next day, but then when I logged on next day it was showing the next day and so on. Really hard to get through to a person who could actually help.

I am down to the conclusion they are all great when things go well and all useless when things go wrong for some reason
ski holidays
Recently I ordered a kitchen from B&Q, it arrived in various deliveries, when I came to fit it a few weeks later, no dishwasher, I rang & they confirmed that a dishwasher was on the order & it was delivered while I was on holiday & my joiner on site had signed for it, he said no such thing had happened.

I had B&Q swearing blind that it was tracked, delivered, signed for and saying my joiner had stolen it & my joiner that I didn't know that well, denying all knowledge.

To cut a long story short, B&Q had tried to deliver out of the time slot when no-one was there & taken it back to the local store where it was put in a shelf & forgotten about untill I found it was missing & the manager actually went looking.
ski holidays
I had email notification from DHL of a large expensive item , which really should’ve been signed for, having been left in my porch. I was in at the time, so got my butler to check and no, nothing in porch.

Torturous phone calls, with claim and counter claim followed. Eventually they said driver took a pic of porch. I said ‘send it to me’. It was in correct number house porch, but completely wrong street!
snow report
@spyderjon, were they 176cm?
snow conditions
Think i'd have driven the 200 mile round trip rather than rely on a courier if I'd bought that set up.....that said TNT are pretty good ime (but not as good as DPD or DHL), i'm actually waiting in for a delivery right now and have had a text with multiple options, one isnt that they'll not deliver though.

Good luck to all, hope they turn up, or are insured to full value at least, but dont expect a quick resolution ime it takes ages, had a recent issue with Royal Mail.

BTW - I've an unused pair of QK'd for Dynafits, never used one year old R98 Carbonlites in 186 if of any interest buyer collects/ meets N Yorkshire-ish, cant see me using them, too happy on Ragnaroks.
latest report
ansta1 wrote:
@spyderjon, were they 176cm?

They're actually R.108 CarbonLite's in 177cm - I've amended my original post.
snow conditions
I spotted them this morning in Greendale

ski holidays
That's a nice set up.
I had a bike go missing once by the courier unfortunately I booked it through a middle man (p2go) and my insurance was with them. They give me the run about for 8 months until I wrote to a complaints corner in a Sunday news paper........ surprise surprise it was sorted out within the week.
ski holidays
Just a thought, from the original post. Shepton Mallett is in Somerset, 19 miles or so from Bristol. It even has a BA (Bath!) postcode. Very Happy
ski holidays
@spyderjon, if you have the same or similar pair of skis, try taking several images in natural light at odd angles (pair, single, part, whole ski etc) and feeding them to google image search and ebay image search to see if anythings comes up.

If they were indeed stolen, they are unlikely to come up with a good title and description - it may be something generic like "almost new red skis" so will not necessarily match the alert.
latest report
LOTA wrote:
Just a thought, from the original post. Shepton Mallett is in Somerset, 19 miles or so from Bristol. It even has a BA (Bath!) postcode. Very Happy

But most people know where Bristol is Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
martinm wrote:
LOTA wrote:

My point entirely! But shipping them, as the op says, to Shepton Mallett, Bristol, may be part of the problem. In postal (and other ways), Shepton Mallett and Bristol are miles apart!!!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@LOTA, I very much doubt that that was how they were actually addressed. Using your logic it appears from the op @spyderjon, was just hoping they'd randomly arrive at the right house rolling eyes
latest report
@adithorp, not unheard of

https://twitter.com/jimwhit69/status/883031884019752960
snow report
LOTA wrote:
martinm wrote:
LOTA wrote:

My point entirely! But shipping them, as the op says, to Shepton Mallett, Bristol, may be part of the problem. In postal (and other ways), Shepton Mallett and Bristol are miles apart!!!!

I shipped them to Shepton Mallet BA4 4QX. The TNT depot that serves that area is in Bristol.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
LOTA wrote:
martinm wrote:
LOTA wrote:

I shipped them to Shepton Mallet BA4 4QX. The TNT depot that serves that area is in Bristol.

If the courier's using Google, then they're sitting in a field! https://www.google.com/maps/place/Manor+Cottages,+Chesterblade,+Shepton+Mallet+BA4+4QX/@51.1702481,-2.4801521,262m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x48722543687f3ddb:0x43dc10690f4b9dd6!8m2!3d51.1702415!4d-2.4795104

I once came back from holiday to find a card from DHL, saying my package (skis) had been left by my back gate 6 days before. My back gate is on a public road, as is my front gate. When I contacted the courier they denied the delivery despite being given the code on the delivery note! That said, it did make claiming easier
ski holidays
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yebbut Jamie’s a leg-end!
latest report
Well what happened, did they turn up or lost forever?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy