Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy 2019/20 (Useful Links Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
Great picKenzie - Those who can't work that one out probably shouldn't be on the piste... Laughing

I think it's a very clever lift myself wink Can't think of another one like it...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

it's a very clever lift myself Can't think of another one like it...

We've been trying to work out the mechanics for years, we always look up in wonder like little kids as it ratchets you round Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GreenDay, or last year, gaze up wondering when it was going to start again..... It looked like it had a new digital control system fitted which perhaps was a little too sensitive for late 80s mechanical wizardry!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@chocksaway, ah, yes I remember watching it doing nothing for about 45 mins one day when we were across the other side contemplating our next move.

Not a good look when one side is full of freezing kids......
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
chocksaway wrote:
@lynnecha, the North face of rue de la poste might be a bit whiter than normal. Still got your snow tyres? Laughing

Yep - snow tyres, chains and 4W drive. Who says I am not a completer/finisher???

Has the little warmer spell affected things too much? I've so enjoyed seeing the webcams of late.....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@lynnecha, I would advise looking st the webcams at Lac or above! The weather stripped most of the snow below the Dam. Still they will be able to continue grazing the cows in Meribel!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi all, does anyone have any recommendations for catering in Tignes?

We’re a group of 4 families (18 people) in a chalet in Lavachet for Feb half-term, and our catering lady from last year has fallen through, shame, she was fantastic!!

Either cook-in, or bring food to the chalet.

I’m aware of hu.ski, just wondering if anyone has any local knowledge .
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.mysecretchef.co.uk/
I’ve not used them but might be worth enquiring.

Hu.ski does gets decent reviews.

Somebody Tignes based will no doubt have other ideas as I only know other options in Val d’Isere.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.tignescuisine.com/ used to be good, someone on the ground might have more idea.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I won a 3 day Huski prize (can't say where wink ) which I will collect in Dec, I'll let you know.

Tignes Cuisine is great for takeaways, relatively limited menu though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks everyone for advice re Bollin lift... just catching up on the forum after a long day at work. And thanks fo@wibble44, for asking re catering as we are also group of families with kids staying in a self catering chalet this Xmas so might make use of these options
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="muppet"]http:

Hu.ski does gets decent reviews.

Uesd Huski last Christmas in Les Arcs, worked out quite pricey - about £30 a head I seem to recall - because they have set packages and to suit our party of 13 we had to have two lots of 8. But delivery was on time, the food was great and plenty of it - we were having turkey sarnies for days after - so traditional Crimbo fare then wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Heading to Tignes next week. Never been this early before. Conditions looking good high up, but does anyone have an idea if pistes back down to Les Boisses and Brevieres are likely to be open? Looks a bit doubtful on webcams, but perhaps they will be using snow cannons etc?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.facebook.com/TignesUK/videos/3282266441846052/
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
chomski wrote:
Heading to Tignes next week. Never been this early before. Conditions looking good high up, but does anyone have an idea if pistes back down to Les Boisses and Brevieres are likely to be open? Looks a bit doubtful on webcams, but perhaps they will be using snow cannons etc?

See discussion re this on page 9.
snow conditions
@Kenzie, Thanks for that. (Missed the earlier discussion)
latest report
Looks like the opening weekend is going to be 3 days of sunshine. Bring it on!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
@bar shaker, meteoblue showing only Saturday as sunny overcast Sunday/Monday, but that's good enough for me.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, indeed, was hopeless last season, but we generally avoid Fresse anyway, way too long and and f-f-f-f-f-freezinf with the wind coming down the col. Bolin-tuffs everytime for me.
latest report
Currently on the promenade deck of the cruise liner at Kingston upon Hull awaiting the cast off for Zeebrugge.

Last year I got caught up in the yellow vests, just had an e mail from gov.uk the farmers are on strike blockading Paris tomorrow and this may be extended into Les Shires. From gilet jaunes to muckspreaders!
snow conditions
@chocksaway, Safe journey Chokkers. See you after Christmas and hoping this bumper start augers well for another good season. Looking forward to your updates from the control tower. Bon Voyage.
latest report
Thanks all for the info on catering. Much appreciated. Cool
snow report
@chocksaway,
Hope you have a stress free journey.
We had no problems with protests last week but ...
Did notice barriers that had damaged by the gilet jaunes last year were being fixed around Albertville.
latest report
Thanks folks, first song the on board band played was Hallelujah, thought I was in the jam bar on a Monday night!
snow conditions
@chocksaway, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Amen brother wink
latest report
@wibble44, If you or a family member are on Farcebook then get yourselves onto the Tignes Seasonnaires 2020 group and ask on there.
I know there are winter seasonnaires who spend the summer months as chefs and hosts on large yachts. It might be worth putting feelers out as catering for 18 during a peak week may be a big enough gig to tempt someone out of their winter hols.
snow report
@bar shaker, presume you're out this weekend? If so are you up for an apres beer/wine ?
snow report
Looking quite snowy again and the Toviere gondola is running. What's not to like? wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GeorgeVII wrote:
@wibble44, If you or a family member are on Farcebook then get yourselves onto the Tignes Seasonnaires 2020 group and ask on there.
I know there are winter seasonnaires who spend the summer months as chefs and hosts on large yachts. It might be worth putting feelers out as catering for 18 during a peak week may be a big enough gig to tempt someone out of their winter hols.
Thanks! Idea
snow report
Hi guys. We will be staying at Le Boisses on Saturday 30th so will confirm what lifts are working then in that area. If the chaudannes lift is working at Le Lac then the piste map shows we can at least ski down into Le Boisses if there is the snow which it seems there is after today’s snow. Our chalet has a private minibus to get up to Le Lac in the morning so we can avoid the public bus if the lifts up are not working which I guess will be the case. Unless anyone knows different? Anyone skied this route down in the first week of December before please?
snow report
@simonsaysowot, there are two pistes into Tignes Les Boisses, both follow 4x4 style tracks first through some flattish terrain and then through cliff bands. The pistes are very unlikely to have been marked out properly during that week if they're not officially open and it is surprisingly easy to go wrong with no poles or pisted snow to follow if you don't know where you're again. If you approach the cliff bands not on the correct tracks then you could easily find yourself in trouble. For a bit of marginal skiing at the end of the day I would view the risk as pretty high and if it were me I would probably get the bus down
ski holidays
http://www.radiovaldisere.com/index.php?p=infos&id=8196

Radio Val d'Isere have posted what is going to be open on Saturday on the Val d'Isere side.

Any word yet from Tignes ?
snow conditions
Hi, seeking local knowledge. I might not have time to do my skis before the PSB - any recommendations for where to get a reasonable edge and wax in Tignes ?
snow report
Quite a lot, including Palafour and Grand Huit, will be open from Saturday. Basically, if it's a main lift and doesn't let you ski down to Les Boisses or Le Brevieres then it will probably be running.

https://en.tignes.net/what-to-see-do/skiing/winter-ski-area
snow report
Hi from a snowy Tignes! Reasonable journey! Just finishing my pizza in the Arbina and it's snowing from the Dam snowHead
@nickH, I would use Guy Clarey sport2000 next to the post office.@simonsaysowot, no way back to Boisses on skis on Saturday.
latest report
@thelem, Thanks

At the Val d’Isere town meeting this week they have agreed the dates for next winter season 28 Nov 2020 to 2 May 2021, which is not surprising.
Summer glacier skiing planned for 6 June to 11 July.
latest report
@thelem, Thanks

At the Val d’Isere town meeting this week they have agreed the dates for next winter season 28 Nov 2020 to 2 May 2021, which is not surprising.
Summer glacier skiing planned for 6 June to 11 July.
ski holidays
Thanks guys for the info on skiing down to Les Boisses. If anything changes I’ll let you know when we are there. As a side note is there a bar anywhere to watch the football in Les Boisses or anywhere to go for dinner on our chalet night off? Thanks Guys
snow report
Consider whats just been reported as opening this weekend as a good result6for psb. Smiley faced stevew Very Happy
ski holidays
simonsaysowot wrote:
As a side note is there a bar anywhere to watch the football in Les Boisses or anywhere to go for dinner on our chalet night off? Thanks Guys

Try asking here:-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/670519632962525/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy