Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2019/20 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@sparkle9135, good luck!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@sparkle9135,
How’s it going, how did your test results come back?
I imagine those who didn’t feel unwell at the start of the week would have continued to mix with others until you had to quarantine?
Hope you/the rest of the group is recovering well

We had an enjoyable week out there last week.
Real mixture of conditions which was nice, including snow falling at the same time as having the sun shine

The Hinterhag Alm was definitely the most lively for apres & close to our apartment. The club Castellos was very different, more like a rave going on in there

snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sadly I read yesterday that one more in Saalbach who I assume is from the same group took ill. The Daily Mail article was updated early evening. It seems all the othe non-affected members of the group were all taken with the affected members to some kind of quarantine house. One member states they were given just 15 mins to pack. Not nice reading. How true it is I’m not sure. Hope you all pull through. Very sad indeed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8091313/British-skiers-hospitalized-Austria-coronavirus.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Boofont, Unfortunately it’s the Daily Mail (apparently Saalbach is hosting the World Cup rolling eyes )
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sparkle9135, good luck. I hope you're out of quarantine now.

Still hoping our holiday at the end of the month will be on though who knows at the moment and we'll follow whatever the advice is at the time.

@tatmanstours, does it still feel like business as usual out there? Looks like getting a bit tropical the next few days, hopefully a cool down and more snow as the amount of rain forecast is worrying.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Completely business as usual out here, Apri ski just as busy as ever. There was lots of new snow yesterday afternoon and evening. High cloud today with good visibility, sun due to be back out for the next couple of days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tatmanstours wrote:
@imull, Send me a PM with your email address (or contact me using my website below).
Small hotels that might suit are: Pension Enzian, Hotel Peter, Hotel Koenig.
There is only one catered chalet in Saalbach (we don’t really need them), which is Ski Miquel’s Chalet Christina.

Hi there, i may be late to the party but if you were not already aware, Enzian is closing at the end of March Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @JimboS, good stuff. Very much hoping we can still get out there!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BoardWidow wrote:
tatmanstours wrote:
@imull, Send me a PM with your email address (or contact me using my website below).
There is only one catered chalet in Saalbach (we don’t really need them), which is Ski Miquel’s Chalet Christina.

Hi there, i may be late to the party but if you were not already aware, Enzian is closing at the end of March Sad

That's a real shame. I've stayed there twice, and Sarah and Kevin are lovely hosts, but they were unsure about their future plans even back in December 2016 when we last visited.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
honved wrote:
BoardWidow wrote:
tatmanstours wrote:

That's a real shame. I've stayed there twice, and Sarah and Kevin are lovely hosts, but they were unsure about their future plans even back in December 2016 when we last visited.

They put a statement out on Facebook and Instagram saying that they had taken the sad but exciting decision of closing with March being their last season. No details of what they are moving onto as yet.

We've stayed there 4 times now and its the only place in Saalbach we have ever stayed..... gutted!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

High cloud today with good visibility,

Not where we’ve been skiing (Bernkogel, Reiterkogel, Hochalm - soon to move on to Zwölferkogel and Schattberg). It’s been snowing continuously with variable visibility.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OK, so I'm meant to be going to Saalbach on the weekend but I've got this bad cold with a really sore throat that makes it hard to breath. Do you think I should still go?

FFS.

https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/corona

To be clear, I don't Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://orf.at/stories/3157262/

'Sno' Apres is a possibility
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tatmanstours wrote:
Quote:

High cloud today with good visibility,

Not where we’ve been skiing (Bernkogel, Reiterkogel, Hochalm - soon to move on to Zwölferkogel and Schattberg). It’s been snowing continuously with variable visibility.

Should have got out of bed earlier. Went up Schatberg first thing then worked our way round to the soul house, snow started mid day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@JimboS, I think you'll find that there is only one 10 o'clock in @tatmanstours day, but on the flip side there are definitely two 1 o'clocks in most days Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Hi Sparkle9135. Just got back from Saalbach and seen this. Am assuming risk of infection is low but did your party of people who weren't showing symptoms frequent anywhere particuarly like a local bar or restaurant you went to reguarly?? Any info would be appreciated! Thank you
ski holidays
Lauren91 wrote:
Hi Sparkle9135. Just got back from Saalbach and seen this. Am assuming risk of infection is low but did your party of people who weren't showing symptoms frequent anywhere particuarly like a local bar or restaurant you went to reguarly?? Any info would be appreciated! Thank you

I can't imagine that Sparkle9135 is going to answer aquestion that could easily put a bar/restaurant out of business. Enjoy the apres and wash your hands!! Smile
ski holidays
I've been wearing my PPE and so far so good.

latest report
@Lauren91, based on the Daily Mail article (and we know how accurate that is likely to be...) they've all been removed to a quarantine station and forced to share double beds with someone else who may be infected even if they aren't. If the Austrian authorities are as well organised as they usually are, they've now had their phones and other electronic devices removed to stop them bleating all over the Internet and causing panic. No doubt they've also been in touch with the Foreign Office, and I hope that the instructions that they've received in return were "sit down, make a nice cup of tea, shut up, and follow instructions".

I'm sure no-one here would like to be held in quarantine against their will, but this is a public health emergency and all bets are off. Demanding to be allowed to leave, or complaining to the UK government, UK Foreign Office, BBC and Uncle Tom Cobley is probably not the attitude that hard-pressed health workers are hoping for, but you can be sure that they have a plan to deal with that as well, even if it means locked doors and armed police around the building (to keep the press out, as much as to keep the ill in).
latest report
Well anyway, Hinterhag has closed, but it was business as usual at Bergeralm and Spitzbub.
snow report
@tatmanstours, closed? heard confirmation as to why?

Have to say the live singing in Spitzbub last week was definitely not to our taste Confused
ski holidays
@snowscreen, apparently the Austrian government has decreed that there should be no indoor gatherings exceeding 100 people or outdoor gatherings exceeding 400.
Spacey is probably (like many things) an acquired taste - it may help to regard it as entertainment, rather than “live singing”. Just been to the Tuesday evening party, and Spacey whipped up a great atmosphere as usual. Perhaps more to do with his ready wit, banter, interaction with people, and the brilliant way he "works" his audience, than his actual singing voice. My companion (from Cornwall), who was experiencing a Spacey party for the first time, particularly enjoyed the opportunity to let rip with gusto to "Wild Rover", as Spacey held the microphone in front of him.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 11-03-20 8:37; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Saalbach website saying there's another 2 quarantined now, Norwegians apparently Sad
snow report
Seems that sparkle has been silenced either self or not let’s hope he is well even if in lock down
latest report
tatmanstours wrote:
@snowscreen, apparently the Austrian government has decreed that there should be no indoor gatherings exceeding 100 people or outdoor gatherings exceeding 400.
Spacey is probably (like many things) an acquired taste - it may help to regard it as entertainment, rather than “live singing”. Just been to the Tuesday evening party, and Spacey whipped up a great atmosphere as usual.

A friend was in the Moosewirt in St Anton yesterday afternoon, seems they were not adopting the government actions !
snow report
snowscreen wrote:
@tatmanstours, closed? heard confirmation as to why?

Have to say the live singing in Spitzbub last week was definitely not to our taste Confused

If you go on the Hinterhag website a pop up comes up that (very roughly translated) says something about for their own reasons and the love of hinterhag it is closed but my translation skills aren't that great.
snow report
tatmanstours wrote:
Spacey is probably (like many things) an acquired taste - it may help to regard it as entertainment, rather than “live singing”. Just been to the Tuesday evening party, and Spacey whipped up a great atmosphere as usual. Perhaps more to do with his ready wit, banter, interaction with people, and the brilliant way he "works" his audience, than his actual singing voice. My companion (from Cornwall), who was experiencing a Spacey party for the first time, particularly enjoyed the opportunity to let rip with gusto to "Wild Rover", as Spacey held the microphone in front of him.

Yep, thats the link i posted the other day, the decree is on here https://orf.at/stories/3157262/
ski holidays
Quote:

If you go on the Hinterhag website a pop up comes up that (very roughly translated) says something about for their own reasons and the love of hinterhag it is closed but my translation skills aren't that great.

Looks as if Evi Fersterer (the owner) has closed it on her own intiative yesterday, presumably anticipating being forced to do so, and in the knowledge that there are only a couple of weeks before it would be closing anyway. One of the musicians commented, as I skied past, yesterday that he'd "lost his job". The owners are first and foremost business-minded; they have other business interests and only open the Hinterhag Alm as a party venue between Boxing Day and late March; it's closed for the rest of the year.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Calling Saalbach local !! How often do the buses run from Zeller back to Saalbach in the afternoon, thought we would ski there earlier before the slush sets in !! Then have a late leisurely lunch and bus back. Thankyou
snow report
@thunderer, The post bus timetable can be downloaded here (scroll to the bottom):
https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/infrastructure/postbus-hiking-bus_a_1556

Consider also taking the Zell am See Xpress down to Viehhofen and then the ski bus back to Saalbach.
snow report
@thunderer,

Think the Postbus 680 leaves later than the free one - from memory the last one back from Zell Postplatz is 19.15 - 4.90 Euros - bargain!

Get the OBB Scotty app for accurate bus times . . .good luck
ski holidays
@thunderer, there’s an app too, Salzburg Verkehr IOS and Android
snow conditions
@Belch, your right ski bus stops at 5! Postbus 680 runs until 19.15 then there is the Nightliner also on the app
latest report
Was semi-drunk on the 19.15 680 several times 2x weeks ago . . .much more refined busw*nkers than on the free bus of course . . .
ski holidays
Group of us heading out to Saalbach on Saturday staying at Berger. With ischgl closing I’ve got a feeling it can’t be long before the rest follow suit. Is anyone there now ? What’s it like? Heard the Hinterhag has closed , which is not a good sign . The weather forecast looks great for next week tho . Ski , apres , eat , sleep ,repeat !
ski holidays
Very warm today, snow was a mess by 10 am as it didn't freeze last night. Tomorrow due to be even warmer. We were in the Soul house, Bauers ski alm and Sptzbub early evening and all were busy. There was a band playing at Bauers. We are avoiding going indoors at any of them though.

Mr Tatmanstours. We have a seat reserved at Sptzbub tomorrow night so I'm hoping for great things from the entertainment!
snow report
Spacey is becoming more eccentric as the season progresses! There was genuine singing going on in January. Cut to march and he is rambling and chuntering like a demented Geordie Donald Trump. All perfectly ludicrous and good natured though, if somewhat X-rated. He's a third-age Spacey at the moment! Is everybody happy?!
latest report
Update from Saalbach website.

Not entirely surprising but surprised resort is open when Tirol is closing down.

Due to the regulation of the Austrian Federal Government the following events will not be held: White Pearl Mountain Days, Freeride Testival, Dutchweek and FIS European Cup Finals.
snow report
Update that all Salzburg State resorts to close as of Sunday evening: https://salzburg.orf.at/stories/3038798/
latest report
and just like that, the season is over... probably the right call, but there will be an unholy mess to sort out between providers, insurers, and guests.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy