Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2019/20 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@JimboS, At present I know no more than has been reported above. No idea which village, or which hotel. However it seems likely that "the Briton" brought it with him from the U.K. Let's hope it's been nipped in the bud. Must be a nightmare for the tour group concerned.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My wife is pretty concerned as she is the carer for her elderly mother and quarantine either in Saalbach or on return would indeed be a "nightmare". We are due out on Saturday so knowing which hotel is pretty important.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ring the one you are booked in to and ask.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JimboS,the best way is to contact the tour operator, assuming you are booked with one or contact the hotel you are due to stay at.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sent an email to them earlier, awaiting a response.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
JimboS wrote:
Sent an email to them earlier, awaiting a response.

Also due in Saalbach on Saturday so following this with interest. Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good morning Mr. Stuart,

it didnt happend in our Hotel.

For more Information regarding the Coronavirus please kindly contact only the Tourist Office in Saalbach.

Best regards,

Hotel König
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tatmanstours,
Any updates on the c virus,meant to be arriving next week have tried to contact hotel and t office no info as yet no response.we can see from the webcams etc that looks like business as usual .cheers
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here at Fieberbrunn it's definitely business as usual - Freeride festival is going ahead as planned.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ski for fun, you are best contracting the Tourist office, email, phone, whatsapp .
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ski for fun, nothing known as yet. Don’t even know if it was in Saalbach or Hinterglemm.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Updates will be here - https://www.saalbach.com/en/service/corona
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
both hotel and tourist office been in touch and the link posted by JimboS says as much as we know atm, still cant find out exactly where the hotel in question is which is a bit dissconserting you would think it was in the interest of the area to allay fears if unfounded
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ski for fun, with a party of 10 in quarantine, the rest of the hotel is presumably operating normally. Announcing its name would probably make it go bust as everyone cancelled their reservations for the rest of the season and maybe into the summer. I suspect they'll try to keep it under wraps for as long as possible, especially if the other 9 people in the party test negative. If I was the hotel owner, I'd have a lawyer on standby to sue if they published or leaked the name.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ousekjarr wrote:
@ski for fun, with a party of 10 in quarantine, the rest of the hotel is presumably operating normally. Announcing its name would probably make it go bust as everyone cancelled their reservations for the rest of the season and maybe into the summer. I suspect they'll try to keep it under wraps for as long as possible, especially if the other 9 people in the party test negative. If I was the hotel owner, I'd have a lawyer on standby to sue if they published or leaked the name.

It is reported that the rest of the hotel is operating normally for the remaining 35 guests.
ski holidays
ousekjarr wrote:

Interesting view! Alternatively, if I visited that hotel now, caught CV, would I not be within my rights to sue as they knowingly witheheld information causing me a loss? (assuming significant loss of earnings or indeed death)
ski holidays
@ousekjarr, Do you think those who are affected will keep quite about where they stayed?
snow report
https://www.meinbezirk.at/salzburg/c-lokales/ein-britischer-gast-in-saalbach-ist-der-vierte-corona-fall_a3960036

I wonder if they tested any of the other guests and staff in the hotel, it doesn't seem so.

Update - Friday noon 12:00:

A 61-year-old Briton was the fourth person in Salzburg to test positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus yesterday. Together with nine other people from the travel group, he is in quarantine at the hotel in Saalbach-Hinterglemm. After completing the surveys of the health authority of the district administration of Zell am See, the remaining 35 hotel guests, the staff and the owner do not currently need a quarantine.

SAALBACH-BACKGLEM. “We checked intensively and understood exactly who the patient and the other British holidaymakers had contact with. After the members of the British travel group mostly stayed together in the hotel and ate their meals in a separate room, they have never been in direct contact with other people for more than a few minutes, ”explains district captain Bernhard Gratz. The sick holidaymaker has been in his room in the past few days and has refrained from cleaning, so that the cleaning staff was not in the room for more than a quarter of an hour.

No symptoms of illness
Since the other hotel guests, the staff and the owner show no symptoms of a disease and due to the fact that they did not come into contact with the patient at all or never for more than a few minutes, they are not considered to be Category 1 contact persons for whom one Gratz continues to issue a quarantine regulation.

Mayor Alois Hasenauer emphasized. “The ten members of the British tour group are in good hands. You will be well looked after in the quarantine in the hotel. Yesterday we tracked exactly where and how long the sick person was in town. He was hardly in public and had been in his hotel room for a few days. ”
snow conditions
Ryanair just released their flights for Jan 2021 onwards. Including London Stansted - Salzburg.
ski holidays
@Poogle, will there be a Ryanair in 2021 Toofy Grin
latest report
Want to watch the Free Ride World Tour from Fieberbrunn you can find the live-stream of the competition at freerideworldtour.com, it always amazes me
ski holidays
radar wrote:
Want to watch the Free Ride World Tour from Fieberbrunn...

Note, though, that the main competition is now scheduled for Sunday (08:30-12:00).
snow report
This mornings update from the saalbach tourist office informs that the infected person has left saalbach and no further people are involved and there are no restrictions,
snow conditions
@espri, thanks, clear skies forecast for Sunday Very Happy
ski holidays
I heard that the infected person had gone from a barmaid yesterday afternoon. Didn't want to post on case she was an unreliable source! Snowing like mad higher up today. Loads of pow! snowHead
snow report
Klamm Franzer wrote:
I heard that the infected person had gone from a barmaid yesterday afternoon. Didn't want to post on case she was an unreliable source! Snowing like mad higher up today. Loads of pow! snowHead

I heard that the barmaid had close connections with the infected Brit.
ski holidays
Strange that there has been zero press/tv news coverage of this in the UK, I wonder if they have returned to the UK or been taken into isolation elsewhere? Anyway we are heading off to the airport soon and are looking forwards to being back inn Saalbach.
ski holidays
I just registered to post this. I'm one of the 9 remaining quarantined. Out of respect for the awesome hotel manager I won't say which hotel.

What I will say is that the information coming from the government seems to be somewhat, how can I put this, plain bo***x.

All nine of us are still here. They said they tested us, however I literally demanded a test and they would not unless I "showed symptoms". We have been told to stay in our rooms and given a legal information sheet (providing the legislation to back the forced qu up) but it's in German. Google translate is rubbish. I have mailed the government and UK FCO and stated the facts of the matter, and also noted that, due to specific circumstances in terms of relationship/proximity to the affected I'm not entirely sure I should be here at all. I'll be forwarding that letter to the BBC at 1700 CET unless I get a suitable response. The poor chap (number 10) came from a ski trip in Italy, via train. He is now in Salzburg hospital being treated.

So, go figure.

What I can say it that it CHUCKING it down with snow, and it's an amazing place. So your issue is public transport and staying away from as many people as possible. I'd say you'd as likely catch it here as in UK to be fair.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sparkle9135, Thank you for that, and welcome to Snowheads (wish it could have been under happier circumstances).
I’m sure that any other information you feel at liberty to impart would be greatly appreciated, especially by those who need reassurance.
At present (although I personally haven’t spoken to many people, so maybe the rumour factory is at work), we don’t know whether the focus is on Saalbach or Hinterglemm, and how much contact and interaction the poor chap, and the rest of you, had within the S-H community.
Obviously a new influx arrive today, some of them no doubt a little anxious, but hopefully not bringing with them any unwanted presents!
ski holidays
To be fair, he pretty much kept himself to himself. Since he started to feel ill last Tuesday he wasn't interacting much with folk. So I'd say he was in no way spreading it all around since he was in bed since then, no partying at night etc...

EVen we didn't see him that much (partly because we are two separate groups of friends but mainly because he was feeling so poo-poo he kept in his room).

I know it;s a poo-poo decision to make (should I stay or should I go now) but to be fair like I said - the biggest worry is air travel IMHO.
ski holidays
ON the up-side, it's going to be an EPIC powder day tomorrow (Sunday 0Cool
snow conditions
@sparkle9135, I hope that you have a hotel room that at least allows you to view it from the window (or perhaps not - that would seem cruel Embarassed )
snow conditions
From the top of the schmittenhohe, there is about 20cm of fresh snow and the sun is peaking out. I had the schweinbraten for lunch with a couple of weissbeer, listening to a rather good umpah band. @sparkle9135, I hope you make it out soon!
ski holidays
@sparkle9135, thanks for your posts and info. Welcome to Snowheads and sorry your trip has been disrupted.

I hope you got some skiing in before being quarantined. We're coming out there in a few weeks so keeping a close eye on things but at the moment I suspect I'd be more likely to catch it here given the number of people I'd interact with at and on the way work than there on the mountains.

Hope you do get a bit more skiing in before shipping out, fingers crossed!
ski holidays
Liking the look of the conditions and new snow though assume it was raining somewhat at village level given the temperatures I was seeing on the Hinterglemm webcam.
latest report
sparkle9135 wrote:
To be fair, he pretty much kept himself to himself. Since he started to feel ill last Tuesday he wasn't interacting much with folk. So I'd say he was in no way spreading it all around since he was in bed since then, no partying at night etc...

EVen we didn't see him that much (partly because we are two separate groups of friends but mainly because he was feeling so poo-poo he kept in his room).

I know it;s a poo-poo decision to make (should I stay or should I go now) but to be fair like I said - the biggest worry is air travel IMHO.

Are you saying you are in forced isolation along with all in your party other than the poor chap who has been moved to hospital .
When are you going to be free to go home or when where you scheduled to leave.im asking because of the problem others may face should heaven forbid have to self isolate at home on return as an interpretation of the guidelines would make it unavoidable.For the tourist office to issue a statement saying there are no restrictions today could prove to be awkward for them or visitors ,but hopefully all will be well
snow report
@Rowlski, Lightly snowing somewhat at village level. Thankfully haven’t seen much, if any, rain over the past day or two.
snow report
Just getting a snow fix https://www.facebook.com/SaalbachHinterglemm/videos/2614682525413023/

http://youtube.com/v/Rl00wI4vixw

Not that I would attempt any of it Shocked
snow conditions
ski for fun wrote:
sparkle9135 wrote:

Are you saying you are in forced isolation along with all in your party other than the poor chap who has been moved to hospital .
When are you going to be free to go home or when where you scheduled to leave.im asking because of the problem others may face should heaven forbid have to self isolate at home on return as an interpretation of the guidelines would make it unavoidable.For the tourist office to issue a statement saying there are no restrictions today could prove to be awkward for them or visitors ,but hopefully all will be well

Correct - the local authorities are not outstanding in their knowledge of WTF is going on - go forward plan, or at least sharing any information with us. Two further positive tests were done yesterday and last night they were take to Salzburg hospital also. SO 3 of 10 there, at which point the other 7 were tested. We're awaiting results now.

It must be an awesome powder day today :-/
latest report
@sparkle9135, thanks for the update from “the inside”. It must be extremely trying for you, but at least you’ll now be getting a test result, for better or for worse. I’m sure that you have the sympathy of all of us here on SH. In view of what you say about those in charge of the situation, let’s hope it’s been effectively contained. I imagine that the hotel staff, let alone other guests, are not too happy. Have they been exposed to any risk?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy