Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CO2 consultation - your views welcome

Poster: A snowHead
Put John Bilonick into google and the first hit gives you the SCGB resort guide and this comment from JB, dated 28-04-04:

"We stayed at Chalet Le Mouflon with Tracks Vacations, great company, it feels like home from home and super value. They also provide ski-hosting so we found all the best runs, avoided the early morning ice! No more mega-resorts for us."
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tim Brown, You missed the boat again Very Happy . Look below Masque's post and there is one from David Last
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman, sorry, what did I miss? All I can see is David revealing masque's real name, which I immediately googled to find the above quote. Love the 'home from home' comment. Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tim Brown, Thank you for pointing this out but I didn't write it Tim . . . take a guess who did? Other than enduring a rep in Val D, I've never been near the SCGB or its forums. It would seem to be yet another can o'spam from La Rosiere.

Who do I talk to in the Club about this abuse and can you PM me that information and the URL where the post was placed. Many thanks John B
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Tim Brown, Me old Mucka, try looking at the post after David's revalation Very Happy . Anyhow I'm entitled to be miffed, you told me to shut up earlier and was upset
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, the link is here

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/resorts/gssg/readerfeedback.asp?intContactID=44686&strOrganisationName=La+Rosiere
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, I wouldn't p!ss on you if you were on fire, so sort it out yourself!

Frosty the Snowman, I think we already knew they used to be mates.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ray Zorro, Thanks, any idea who would be the appropriate person in the club to speak with about this.

Tim Brown, well I'd p¡ss all over you if you managed another fart lighting mishap . . . I understand the only grafts that would take were from your lips?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, sorry, I know nothing about the club Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque, if you're that worried about it you could always phone them up.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, I notice that there is an ID no, in that link. I don't know what it means, but it might be interesting if it turned out to be the membership number of the person that posted the write-up.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray Zorro, Office closed till Monday. That's one mighty big can of worms that someone's opened. I've cached the page for record and will email when I've taken advice tomorrow
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Goldsmith wrote:
For the attention of SCGB members ... there's a new thread on the Club's forum seeking views for [an exploratory report concerning] a possible CO2 audit for the Club's administrative and repping travel.

Since this is 'internal business' I won't go into detail here, but any comment on the thread concerned would be most welcome. The topic is in 'The Ski Club' section of the forum.

Thank you.

I think this is excellent. Snowheads was formed from the ashes of SCGB forum on MO day (like a famous club in Bolton) cause SCGB (edit) didnt want scum like me on it and now they have to advertise a consultation, only available to SCGB members on this site !

Ho ho ho NehNeh

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 31-03-06 19:16; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paul Mason, in this case 'they' = David Goldsmith. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
GrahamN, I preffered him when he was funny. Getting pback to a point I made earlier: Do any SnowHeads troll on the SCGB?

Pay my membership and I'm willing to dig a bit.
ski holidays
Well, I've yet to get a 'formal' response from the SCGB or it's advisers, but it would appear that a well known La Rosiere business has been using my name to promote its chalet at the same time as libeling me here and slandering me in La Rosiere and other places.

There are some questions that need answering
latest report
Masque, ooh err Puzzled . Keep us informed Confused
latest report
Tim Brown, The post is being removed from the club's webite and I would like you to remove my id. from your sig. since you are helping perpetuate a fraudulent posting.
Thanks, John B
latest report
Masque wrote:
Tim Brown, The post is being removed from the club's webite and I would like you to remove my id. from your sig. since you are helping perpetuate a fraudulent posting.
Thanks, John B
How much is SCGB membership, the cheapest that will get me on their forum. Their pot needs stirring.
snow report
Masque, you should pm a moderator or an admin to get Tim Brown's sig changed.
latest report
Ray Zorro, I'd rather rely on his common sense and manners first
snow report
Masque wrote:
Ray Zorro, I'd rather rely on his common sense and manners first
Shocked are we talking about the same person - common sense, manners Puzzled ?
snow report
It's not something we're arguing about so why shouldn't I credit him? There are other things that'll have us clawing each other's eyes out but I wouldn't have thought that the SCGB being abused to perpetrate a fraud being one of them. I'm assured the club will take appropriate steps to sanction the perpetrator.
snow conditions
Having thought of it, I'd like to apologise for the tone of my earlier comment in this thread. It's true I'm not very attracted by the SCGB (despite having skied with several members of the club who are great people), but my comments were too negatively worded.
ski holidays
Apologies on SnowHeads, what is the world is coming to Very Happy
latest report
From the Ski Club

"This issue has brought to our attention the fact that, as we allow non-members to post reviews on our website, we are unable to check the names of people submitting reviews electronically and have to take them as given. Until now it has never been a problem, but we appreciate that there is a possibility that, as in this case, false names could be given. We plan to change our practices to prevent this happening again."

They are completing their enquiries into who's the culprit, not that I think we'll be surprised by the outcome .... can I use the phrase 'hoist by their own petard'?

Here's an open invitation to the culprit to explain himself, after all, we may be painting him undeservedly in a bad light.
ski holidays
It wasn't me (and I'm surprised no one else has rushed to deny their involvement in this). Suspects might include the mayor of La Rosiere, the local bank manager, a leading hotelier, possibly a local drainage contractor (resort expansion means drains) or perhaps a wandering mouflon.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowhead, " How much is SCGB membership, the cheapest that will get me on their forum. Their pot needs stirring."

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/join/default.asp

So that's £49 to U, which I don't think you'll pay because it's, well, £49. Also, you'll have to post under your real name, which I doubt you'll want to do if 'stirring' is all you're interested in!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Mon 10-04-06 15:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, A frostlet gets access for less wink
ski holidays
Tim Brown, Thanks for the info Tim, but on reflection I can't justify the expense or time required.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, what a shame...no really, i mean it!
snow conditions
Tim Brown, so did I Very Happy
ski holidays
now you've consulted with us, David, and we've all told you we don't like the idea, will the plan be shelved or will we just be ignored?
snow report
There was a ski writer named Goldie,
Rear-entry boots - a real oldie.
When asked "Are you green?"
Said "Too true. But 'twould seem
my views have been left out in the coldie".

Sorry Embarassed
Someone sent me some limericks - and it's set me off snowHead
snow report
Nick Zotov, brilliant - pity you had to be laid up for the muse to take hold..... Laughing
snow report
Nick Zotov, I think you need to get your butt down to the Glorious Days of Colour - it could do with some talent! Very Happy
snow conditions
Cathy Coins, yup - - I'll join you both there - been a while since the lims grabbed me by the shorts and curvies.
snow conditions
Tim Brown wrote:
now you've consulted with us, David, and we've all told you we don't like the idea, will the plan be shelved or will we just be ignored?

Sorry ... how many comprises "we've all"?

Since the best scientific minds on the planet seem to have concluded that CO2 will kill our sport, I would have thought that a full impartial consultation of Ski Club members on the question of CO2 auditing (of administrative travel) might be a positive move. That would have to be done via our print media, since only a proportion of the membership use the web.

I don't think we can just kick the subject into touch and forget about it, however awkward the realities may be. A high-profile 'Respect the Mountain' campaign has been launched. Would a 'Respect the Atmosphere' campaign be relevant?
snow report
The Abominable snowHead wrote:
Since the best scientific minds on the planet seem to have concluded that CO2 will kill our sport,

Hyperbole. Analysing the climate isn't like predicting the motion of billiard balls or even sub-atomic particles or mapping the genome. It's more akin to predicting movements on the stock market. If scientists could do that, they'd all be rich.
latest report
The Abominable snowHead, you're just being stupid again. Every person who comment said the audit was a bad idea. Lots of reasons were given as to why it's a bad idea. You totally failed to convince anyone but yourself as to the merits of such a scheme. We weren't discussing whether or not climate change will affect skiing, we were debating the idea of a CO2 audit and you lost the debate.

Are you going to ignore our views and press on regardless?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy