Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Enforcer 110 anyone skied these?

Poster: A snowHead
My initial impression of wide skis was tainted by flappy horrible things from Rosignol, this has been entirely cured by some Head Venturi 95s, with a 16m radius, they carve really well on piste, not quite as quick throgh the moguls as my iRallys but much more float in the deep. However, now I've had a taste of floaty skis in the deep, I want more!
The Venturis dont have much of a front rocker & I still have to lean back a bit to keep the tips from submerging.
I like the idea of a one ski quiver that will float offpiste but still carve on piste with go kart response that can be flicked through moguls & trees with a max radius of 18m so I'm tempted by the Enforcer 110 with r18 @ 185 or r16 @ 177.

The hard part is finding a demo ski in resort, my next trip is gnarbug bash.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I still ski on my old 10 year old 98mm ones, love them and all the reports I have seen have been very positive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tangowaggon, do your boots have 'tech' inserts? If so I'll be bringing to the bashes a pair of Nordica H&B Vagabonds 106 waist which are of similar construction and stiffness to the Enforcers, just a wee bit lighter. You're more than welcome to take them out. They'll be spare to my needs, I'm just bringing them for a 'fettle' by spyderjon on the way through the UK.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scarpa wrote:
I still ski on my old 10 year old 98mm ones, love them and all the reports I have seen have been very positive.
Yeah, but you weigh less than a damp whippet and would float in powder on a couple of rullers
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ASBO. All the ski you need for all and any hooligan behaviour.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

+1
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

Tried googling asbo ski & only came up with a fekkin snowboard NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh

I just have standard boots
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@tangowaggon, https://www.whitedotskis.com/products/altum94 Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
^That's just the Delinquent. Full Asbo is even better. For some reason Whitedot seem to have typos for the name on their website.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@tangowaggon, oops, apologies: https://www.whitedotskis.com/products/altum114

Though as @Dave of the Marmottes says, it’s hard when the brand has named them incorrectly. At least they’re not white anymore, mind.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've only skied the Enforcer Pro, which is the stiffer version.

But it was basically a big mountain gun, stiff and burly, and needed a fair amount of work. Didn't ski anything like the nimble slalom skis you've talked about before, but IIRC correctly you're a pretty big guy so probably able to boss them around. For me anyway they certainly weren't a ski to be easily flicked through trees and moguls, and felt a lot straighter than 18m radius. Definitely more GS than slalom feel.

The 110 is the same but softer, so should be more workable. Could work well for you actually, given your onpiste preferences, but to effortlessly flick around in bumps and trees something with more tail rocker would be better.

Also check out the Blizzard Rustler 11, Black Crows Anima, and Down CD114, which are of the same breed.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What would be really good would to be able to test the 169 against the 185 for instance,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tangowaggon wrote:
What would be really good would to be able to test the 169 against the 185 for instance,

Thought you wanted to avoid tip dive and leaning back wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:
tangowaggon wrote:

Thought you wanted to avoid tip dive and leaning back wink

I want to compare the manouverability & shorter turn radius of a short ski against the increased float of a longer ski, I'd like to think that going from 95 to 110 with a slightly bigger front rocker will do the job without going longer.

I tried WD Preachers at 190 ish at the Oktobertest & hated them, like skiing with barn doors on my feet, like trying to dance in ski boots.
I then tried some Directors that were about 2 or 3 sizes too "small" for me 163? And they were seriously good fun on the chopped up snow by the end of the evening.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
189 Preachers it is fair to say arenot a great indoor ski. A 161 Director is effectively a snowblade for someone like you. Hope you used jazz hands.
snow report
Masque wrote:
Scarpa wrote:
Yeah, but you weigh less than a damp whippet and would float in powder on a couple of rullers

After all the snow shovelling and roof clearances I'm now down to 75kg. Still prefer my 120mm Bents for float though, they are actually a great all rounder Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy