Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gwyneth Paltrow sued over skiing accident

Poster: A snowHead
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Whole thing an object lesson in making sure that the only way of getting "justice" in a skiing accident is to avoid being in an accident at all. Frankly the whole case was such a shitshow we've no way of knowing what really went down but we can see that stardust and spending money on imaginary videos and character assasinating the plaintiff worked effectively.

Blimy, that's a very quick jump from "we've no way of knowing what really went down" to effectivly "Paltrow bought the verdict"!

1. I'm guessing none of us attended court each day in the public gallery so won't have seen all the evidence as presented to the jury, just the edited version of events in news stories. The jurors will have seen all the evidence though and seem to have come to a very quick, unanimous verdict - which kind of suggests that in the round they were able to work out what really wentt down (on the balance of probability).

2. When you're trying to sue someone with no 3rd party witnesses but have GoPro footage of the event it REALLY doesn't help your case if you 'loose' it. I think your average juror would have raised as high an eyebrow at that one as at being told a phone had been dropped off a North Sea ferry...

3. Part of his case was that he was knocked out on the slopes and she just skied off...but if I remember correctly from the news coverage she was skiing with 2 ski instructors, who I'd assume have the same duty of care as European ones if they whitenss an accident/injury on the slopes. And in evidence didn't at least one of them check on the plaintiff and stay with them until the medical pisteurs arrived on scene and took over?

Yes Paltrow is rich enough to buy the best defense team but that also makes her a target for ambulance chasers looking to make a quick buck. Personally I wonder if he ended up owing so much from his first, failed $3 million case that he had no choice but to double down and hope Paltrow would just settle a $300,000 case to make it go away, on the ground he could only go bankrupt once...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Well in this case I was skiing straight down the the person diagonally skied into the back of me.

How did they hit you if you were the downhill skier and going faster?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@morganski, They weren't going in the exact same direction?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ruswit wrote:

Exactly.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidof wrote:
eblunt wrote:

But they didn't though did they. They were in front of you How could they have skied into the back of you whilst being on top of the front of your skis ?

who said they were? I think you've imagined that, are you Gwen Paltrow's expert witness?

Err...

davidof wrote:

Well in this case I was skiing straight down the the person diagonally skied into the back of me.

I would suggest that, irrespective of the rules, if you are traversing from edge to edge on a slope you need a bit of situational awareness if you want to avoid getting hurt.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mjit, She didn't have a single witness that saw what happened yet despite his witness they made him out to be a money grabbing pervert who was completely at fault. I'd say that's effective defence spending.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ruswit wrote:

They were both heading to the same point on the piste though
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Weren't his witnesses all family/friends though, so hardly independent? Certainly they don't seem to have convinced the jurors their testimony was believable/trustworthy.

And making him out to be money grabbing (I think the pervert thing was just the media taking a statement by Paltrow out of context to make a better story and was clarified as such in court by Paltrow's team) - well they are the defence, so casting doubt on the honesty/reliability/credibility of the plaintiff/prosecution case is the definition of their job! And if he wasn't actually injured and just launched the case to make a quick buck (as the jury decided was the case) he IS money grabbing.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mjit wrote:
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Whole thing an object lesson in making sure that the only way of getting "justice" in a skiing accident is to avoid being in an accident at all. Frankly the whole case was such a shitshow we've no way of knowing what really went down but we can see that stardust and spending money on imaginary videos and character assasinating the plaintiff worked effectively.

Blimy, that's a very quick jump from "we've no way of knowing what really went down" to effectivly "Paltrow bought the verdict"!

1. I'm guessing none of us attended court each day in the public gallery so won't have seen all the evidence as presented to the jury, just the edited version of events in news stories. The jurors will have seen all the evidence though and seem to have come to a very quick, unanimous verdict - which kind of suggests that in the round they were able to work out what really wentt down (on the balance of probability).

2. When you're trying to sue someone with no 3rd party witnesses but have GoPro footage of the event it REALLY doesn't help your case if you 'loose' it. I think your average juror would have raised as high an eyebrow at that one as at being told a phone had been dropped off a North Sea ferry...

3. Part of his case was that he was knocked out on the slopes and she just skied off...but if I remember correctly from the news coverage she was skiing with 2 ski instructors, who I'd assume have the same duty of care as European ones if they whitenss an accident/injury on the slopes. And in evidence didn't at least one of them check on the plaintiff and stay with them until the medical pisteurs arrived on scene and took over?

Yes Paltrow is rich enough to buy the best defense team but that also makes her a target for ambulance chasers looking to make a quick buck. Personally I wonder if he ended up owing so much from his first, failed $3 million case that he had no choice but to double down and hope Paltrow would just settle a $300,000 case to make it go away, on the ground he could only go bankrupt once...

This.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://mountaingazette.com/products/a-half-a-day-of-skiing-sweatshirt
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK ...

now that it is over ... just think how this "skiing" incident is so far removed from anything that you or me would ever experience ...

Deer Valley ($$$)
Private Instructor ($$$)
Dentist ($$$)
Celebrity ($$$)
Lawyers ($$$)

and we are so talking about this ... why, should I say ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Cheapski, was there a dentist involved in this? Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Given that GP could have just made this all go away for a paltry (to her)$300,000 but she refused to do that and instead went through all the hassle and potential cost of a court case...to me that indicates three things
1. She was absolutely convinced that she was in the right (even if her attitude overall was a bit off)
2. She has some principles.
3. She has the budget

Friends of ours were taken all the way to the High Court on a totally fabricated civil case by a deranged, but very rich, neighbour.
Our friends had 1 and 2 above, but they just could not afford to continue, the nutter is just so rich and he and his lawyers made it clear they would go on ad infinitum regardless of cost.
My friends gave up.
The case was widely reported in the news, and no I'm not linking it...the rich guy is so mad and litigious, that he would immediately go after me!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof wrote:
eblunt wrote:

But they didn't though did they. They were in front of you How could they have skied into the back of you whilst being on top of the front of your skis ?

who said they were? I think you've imagined that, are you Gwen Paltrow's expert witness?

I did. That's how I described a hypothetical accident. It's quite clear from my earlier post. Then you said someone you in front of you would be deemed to have skied into the back of you, so probably not worth discussing if that's your view of ski accidents. I've made my point.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I thought she was very gracious in victory. "I wish you well."

And a victory it was, especially after a whatsapp group of the plaintiff, family and friends was discovered and its contents put forward as evidence.

Oops. When anything is put on the internet/social media/etc, it NEVER goes away.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/gwyneth-paltrow-trial-verdict-messages-b2311368.html
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
@Cheapski, was there a dentist involved in this? Puzzled

Sure if anyone on TGR has ever commented on the case.
snow report
Now we have the 'Musical' !!!

Gwyneth Goes Skiing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-67447753
latest report
@albob, does the musical feature a jade egg? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, !!!!!?? (let's hope not..)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy