Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Don't do backflips, kids

Poster: A snowHead
@Hells Bells, In understand that, it's just frustrating that when a doctor told me I would get ten doses, to only be able to obtain five.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Update: The purple cast is no more! There was a point last week where I though I was going to be stuck in it for another twelve days Shocked due to Christmas appointment shenanigans, but N went and argued on my behalf that it wouldn't be good for my (or his!) wellbeing, and it was removed on schedule.

I can walk ok without crutches, but my knee, ankle and calf are all a bit stiff due to lack of movement. It's nice to be able to fetch my own coffee.

The doctor started with “don't do sports”, but after a bit of persuasion relented to “gentle skiing on a sunny day”. No bouldering though, that's apparently the worst thing I can do. A bit annoying, but I might head down there anyway and use it as a (non-climbing) gym facility, as I can do strength training and stuff that doesn't involve jumping off the wall.

I was prescribed physiotherapy. That's how it works here, they write an actual prescription slip for physio, and you turn up at your local physiotherapist or doctors surgery if they have one there and the insurance pays. No waiting six weeks for triage and then another six weeks for a physio appointment, which is what happened last time I needed it. I'll try and get that sorted in the next few days, whenever they reopen after the holiday.

He also suggested swimming, which I think I can get for free with my lift pass Toofy Grin

Right now, my skin has really dried out while it's been in the cast and I haven't had a proper wash in six weeks, so after lunch I'm going to go and soak in the bath for an hour Laughing

Back to the hospital in six weeks for another X-Ray, when I'm hoping to be officially discharged.

Tip for Austrian residents: Something that came out of our wrangling with the pharmacist, is that if you need medication on repeat, but can't get a prescription (probably due to a complete lack of opening hours...), you can buy them yourself from the pharmacy. In my case, it would have cost €50 on top of the €6 standard charge, but if you can return later with a prescription they will refund you. I'm not sure if you can do it with all drugs, but it might be worth checking with your pharmacy in case you get stuck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Incidentally, how many X-Rays is considered a lot? I've had two to three on every visit, which makes it at least eight and they'll do two more in Feb.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Scarlet wrote:
Update:

Right now, my skin has really dried out while it's been in the cast and I haven't had a proper wash in six weeks, so after lunch I'm going to go and soak in the bath for an hour Laughing

You will also need bubbles in and out of the bath. IE Bubble bath and Champagne. Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@GlasgowCyclops, Laughing I don't want to break the other one...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Scarlet, Good point Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Update: So after 12 weeks, the broken leg looks pretty much the same as the other one, save for some slight swelling around the outer joint. I had my final X-rays today and was discharged as it's now considered clinically healed. There is still some aching and pain with certain movements, but nothing like how it was even three weeks ago, so I'm confident that will continue to subside.

It was fortunate (or unfortunate, depending on your perspective) that a rather large amount of snow arrived in Innsbruck about a week after the cast came off. “Gentle skiing on a sunny day” soon turned into “fck that, I'm going freeriding” wink though I was pretty much wiped out by lunch time on the first few outings. At 10 weeks, it was feeling a lot stronger, less painful and I was a lot more confident in its ability to hold up. For anyone else with a similar injury, if you are otherwise fit and healthy, I think 10 weeks is a good milestone for when life returns pretty much to normal regarding sports etc.

The doctor reckons it takes about six months to be fully healed, so I still have to be careful with impacts and anything that might cause a sudden force, but otherwise I can go back to the bouldering wall, climbing, biking etc. I still need to improve my fitness a little, but I don't think it's too bad considering I sat on my arse for 8 weeks Toofy Grin

I fully intend to be back on full form for seven days of ski-drink-sleep-repeat at the EoSB in April snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Proof that skiing powder at 10 weeks is perfectly possible Toofy Grin

Last weekend, we went to the night skiing event at Kühtai. That was good for confidence – nice smooth red piste, not too many people, plenty of forces through the legs to control at a speed best described as mach schnell. Then schnapps Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scarlet,
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarlet, Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ahh that bruising! It was that gave it away to the anesthetiser who was prepping me to have my Quads tendon reattached to my knee that I’d got a broken ankle as well! No one, me included had noticed in my trip to A&E, 2 orthopaedics clinics and 4 days till then!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@davkt, was it not a bit sore? I wasn't certain of a break, having never had one before, but I knew it wasn't right!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarlet, good news, however please refrain from posting gratuitous powder shots snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Haha! @dp already gave me a beating on FB for that! Obviously he didn't get away with it, especially as it turned out it was driven by his impending Big Birthday Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarlet Think my brain was being a little over enthusiastic with the pain management. Leg hurt for a few sec as I went splat but then brain obviously told leg it knew it was trashed so shut the ^&*% up and it did. I thought I had very lightly twisted it!
ski holidays
@Scarlet, same here, I think he's spending the whole winter posting comments on Facebook about how he can't go skiing. It's good sport Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy