Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko, Japan - looking to organise a cheap trip for anyone interested!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I used to live in Japan and absolutely love the place. Snowboarded in Hakuba for two seasons while I was still a beginner and now looking to organise a trip to Niseko. Having lived in Japan I know my way around, speak a bit of the language, and am convinced that a trip to Japan doesn't have to break the bank!

I've planned everything out and reckon I could organise a one week or maybe 10 day trip for around £800-1000 for accommodation and lift passes. Flights to Sapporo would be required, which are currently £504 from London with Finnair on various dates in January.

Anyone interested, skiiers or boarders, shoot me a message and let me know! I'm happy to do all the organising and I can be pretty flexible with dates this winter but was thinking January and early February would be best. FYI I'm a 33 year old intermediate snowboarder who lives in London, pretty easy going and usually up for a couple of beers!

Cheers,

Reuben.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads @benru, snowHead
Looks interesting. Where in London are you?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks! I'm south-east, New Cross area. You?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@benru, I’m already committed for 2 weeks in mid Jan and early Feb 2019, but could be interested in a trip to Japan in 2020.
snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@benru, As it is your first and second post - where did you live in Japan and what did you work with? snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Paid circa 1000 eur for two weeks of accomodation and lift passes for 10 days while DIY on th3 first ever trip to JPN. Of course advance planing was required. A week in Niseko and 5 days in Otaru.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hyst wrote:
@benru, As it is your first and second post - where did you live in Japan and what did you work with? snowHead

Nagano prefecture, teaching English. Close enough to go to Hakuba at the weekend Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin wrote:
Welcome to snowHeads @benru, snowHead
Looks interesting...

Hmmm...A Japow Bash? Tasty Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a frequent traveller to Japan with my work kit and my tasty baggage allowance. Hmmmmm.

Early Feb. In Italy on the SH BB.

In Jan, with collage in Tokyo testing kit. Happy possible.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
..with collage in ...

Are you trying to wind me up Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
.. Happy possible.

Think of the sushi Razz

But don't think I could manage >12hr flight time anymore Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Reuben,
welcome to snowHead heads, I´m gonna keep my eye on this thread as I am looking to do Japan next season Madeye-Smiley

@AL9000,
Quote:

Hmmm...A Japow Bash?

ADMIN? .......... Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well if you're interested @Kooky, I'd better get me aarse in gear Wink

There's a strong chance I'd be up for a little 'recon' trip this season. It would need to happen when I'm not busy (skiing) elsewhere of course.
2nd+3rd week of Feb is my favoured spot. Firstly because it's got a good record for the weather we want and secondly because it's directly after the Birthday Bash.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AL9000 wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
..with collage in ...

Are you trying to wind me up Confused

Predictive text. Colleague Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin wrote:
Well if you're interested @Kooky, I'd better get me aarse in gear Wink

There's a strong chance I'd be up for a little 'recon' trip this season. It would need to happen when I'm not busy (skiing) elsewhere of course.
2nd+3rd week of Feb is my favoured spot. Firstly because it's got a good record for the weather we want and secondly because it's directly after the Birthday Bash.

Didn't you do that from Milan three years ago?
latest report
I did and it was very successful, to the extent that the Japlanning committee, comprising HarrisonTheRabbit, SharkyMark and myself, determined without qualification or caveat that another recon trip was urgently required.
snow report
@admin, Laughing Laughing Laughing
It would be rude not to I guess!
ski holidays
Did someone mention Japow? Of course, I have no interest, but my Bents keep chattering Toofy Grin 2019/20 season I'd be up for it.
snow conditions
So what you're saying @Scarpa, is that you need me to do a recon trip this season - well it's a big ask but as it's you...
snow report
@admin, Ramenman is a very good source for Tohoku - but I guess you know that? snowHead
ski holidays
Japan is on my bucket list too.
latest report
I'm not up to it this season... But next year I've got a desire for some japan. Take it easy and leave some recon available for another totally essential trip out there.
snow conditions
@admin, Ahem... what I am saying is that you need to suss out all the best bars and restaurants, arrange for any hotels to give myself and Kooky the honeymoon suite + forensic clean up crew, find out the best sneaky off piste runs... oh, and please pre-release any heavy accumulations of slab.

Cheers Dadmin wink
ski holidays
2020?
ski holidays
Kooky wrote:

@AL9000,
Quote:

Hmmm...A Japow Bash?

ADMIN? .......... Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley

2020 is a nice round number (which we know you like), as is 10 days snowHead snowHead snowHead

If you can find a cheap friendly place with good sushi n a large onsen, sign me up G!

http://youtube.com/v/RgTjl4_h4Kg

Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
@tc001, @AL9000, 2020 Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
lets do this, is the world ready for a Jabash!
ski holidays
It’s what the world needs now, and in 2020 I’ll have some time on my handsu
latest report
Looking for the same but in Nozawa Onsen if anyone fancies it Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kooky wrote:
+1!
snow conditions
Hi guys . New to the forum been wanting to do Japan but only have xmas and new year as doing whistler in February.
As seen few of you looking 2020 would be up for that if there is group going snowHead
snow conditions
Daishan wrote:
Kooky wrote:
+1!

+2

I luv it when a plan comes together snowHead

G, a rough estimate of the cheapest deal your smooth-talking chops can muster, per favore, coz flights (n Rohypnol!) will be pricey.
snow report
I don't think Niseko is the best choice if you only have a small window and want powder.

For Hokkaido @Mike and @anythings here and for Tohoku @Ramenman on the Australian forum might have good advice.

(says the pisteskier) Toofy Grin (wish I would be a Buddhist and would be reborn) Sad
ski holidays
Jabash'20..... buttons please
snow conditions
@benru, I'll be in Hokkaido from 27 Jan to 8 Feb, and planning to go all over the island to ride. Are you still planning to go out there during this time?
latest report
JaBash 2020 +3 (& me) Great idea, sign me up
latest report
I could try to get my lot (6 pax) over there again, but we were there in 2018 and going to Cat Ski in Canada had been touted for 2020.
ski holidays
@MK Jackler, welcome to Snowheads!
Fyi, i'll be (with 2 other friends) in hokkaido between 26 Jan and 3 Feb (2019!). Planning to ride 4 days from our furano base, and another 4 days from Niseko-ish base. Keen on organising off-piste guiding days if you are (or any other SH) into that. shout if interested
latest report
Guys, add your details to the snowbuddy too - helps snowHeads find each other.
snow conditions
@admin, didnt know about this feature of the website. Noted and done!
fyi, furano in central hokkaido is however not in the dropdown list
snow report
Thanks for pointing that out - that's a bit lame given I've skied there Embarassed
It's on the list now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy