Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK or BC... Life decisions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@joneski,
A side-effect of 600+ forest fires! Shocked Sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stuarth, We know we drove past one of the smaller fires near Hope twice.

We have had problems in the past as well. We have been evacuated once when the fire was closer to us than we were to the other end of town and the local fire brigade were hosing our roof and the nearby trees!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lived in NZ for 14 years - 00 to 14 and then moved back to edinburgh. As said at length it’s not better or worse it’s just different. I wanted my daughter to have a extended family she was part of which is exactly what happens - her cousins and aunts and uncles really spend time with her. Grandparents are here a fair bit and it also gives us a decent balance to do our own thing, like go skiing!
Starting again isn’t easy but on balance out life is as good as it was before albeit different. Saying that we are lucky living in a city with excellent access to the outdoors as well as culture so feels a bit like Wellington except with history!
Don’t regret it one bit-any of it. We have a massive circle of friends which tech means we keep in touch with frequently. Saying that the thought of a 27hr flight doesn’t fill me with joy so we are struggling to find time to go back but will definitely do it. Massive plus side is having Europe on our doorstep - which is a pleasant change. Decide what’s important and just commit to it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dsoutar, Props!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@orange, Did almost the same as you, although I lived in NZ in the 80's/90's. We visit regularly (less since the twins came along) as my kiwi wife does miss friends & relatives but I've always been glad to come back to Edinburgh/Europe. I have to say that I would find it a harder choice between Scotland & Canada though. One of the many things I missed when in NZ were distinct seasons & I suspect that Canada would tick that box. As always there are advantages & disadvantages to both options but at least Canada is a lot closer than NZ. Now that Qatar fly directly from Edinburgh to Auckland it's slightly easier, although the 17 hour flight between Qatar & Auckland is a bit of a killer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the input people. At the end of the day you only live once, so we are going for it.

Strangely one of my wife's colleagues had an almost identical opportunity and didn't do it because of the grandparents. She's always regretted staying and begrudges them her decision.

Stoked Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
motdoc, Glad to hear it, all being well, we should be road tripping again around BC in 2020.
Nelson and Red will be on the itinerary again Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
motdoc wrote:
Thanks for all the input people. At the end of the day you only live once, so we are going for it.

Strangely one of my wife's colleagues had an almost identical opportunity and didn't do it because of the grandparents. She's always regretted staying and begrudges them her decision.

Stoked Very Happy

Fabulous! Please keep us updated. I've been tempted to head back home myself but it would mean giving up a decent self-employed career which I couldn't do in Canada. Have you decided where yet?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Back to Nelson. Got job, doing Canadian exams, got residency. It's all on Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy