Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whaddya Need, Watchya Getting 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Just took delivery of a very sweet piece of kit from @spyderjon which I have been thinking about for a while, stupid expensive, didn't really need but wanted one anyways...

Did need a new uniform jacket and managed to get a hold of one that isn't readily available in Europe, so hopefully only kid on my block to have one next season Cool Cool

anyone else get any extravagant ski gear in the sales or anything out of the ordinary?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret wrote:
Just took delivery of a very sweet piece of kit from @spyderjon which I have been thinking about for a while, stupid expensive, didn't really need but wanted one anyways...

Lol, know that feeling.

Got some real piste skis for the first time last month, go well in the fridge and should be awesome in Cervinia next week Very Happy
Also have a Scott electric airbag on order.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Nothing yet, but I either need to fix these or get new ones, otherwise I’m going to get cold legs!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Maireadoconnor, Shocked Tragedy!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon must've taken some time off from sunbathing. In the last hour I have taken delivery of the Superguide 95s plus skins that I've had my eye on for the last 18 months. And they're this season's so they match my outfit Laughing

@Maireadoconnor, Sportpursuit summer special?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Must confess to succumbing to temptation and the 40% discount in Concept and acquiring a new shell before I really needed one. Nice shade of blue as well.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got a new snowboard a few months back out of season when ebay was doing one of their 20% off
Thinking of getting ski mojos if I can convince myself to drill holes in my Step-On boots.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Maireadoconnor, nothing a bit of duct tape won't fix Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Went to the HH outlet in Cham for a new jkt for me as old one was getting baggy and came out after equipping the whole family with new gear head to toe. A more expensive afternoon than I was planning.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scarlet wrote:
@spyderjon must've taken some time off from sunbathing. In the last hour I have taken delivery of the Superguide 95s plus skins that I've had my eye on for the last 18 months. And they're this season's so they match my outfit Laughing .......

Scarlet, I've just booked a few days break in Sept before for the winter season kicks off again in Oct - thanks for paying for it for me x
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skimottaret, what was it?? Think I'm all set for this season
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Got some Whitedot Directors from SpyderJon and can't wait to get them on the snow. After a sunny morning, it's just finished raining in Les Menuires. Had a nice walk from Menuires to the Corbelys restaurant and then caught the bus back from St Martin Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Don't "need" anything, but dare say I'll end up "getting" something.............
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
What do I need? Nothing.
What am I getting? Post-Oktobertest, a pair of freeride skis.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've been good (so far), just some new ski pants, which unfortunately make my shell look old. I do need a new helmet and gloves though. I also intend to buy transceiver etc. at some point...
Problem is I've only just cleared last season's overspend Crying or Very sad snowHead
Hoping I can make it to next summer without 'needing' skis or boots.
snow conditions
@kitenski, a Dynastar coaches cape for when I ski in Morzine or go fishing in Canada Toofy Grin

@Tubaski, reminds me I need new trousers and baggage handlers busted my helmet last year..

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 22-08-18 10:16; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Prolly about time for a new transceiver. Definitely wanna get some Shifts. Maaaaybe also the new Full Tilt tech boot, or similar Dalbellos (fell in love with the 3-piece flex last season). Not sure which skis yet, maybe new touring, or maybe new powder...
snow report
@clarky999, yes, please get a new transceiver Shocked
ski holidays
I definitely need new ski boots.
It is also about time to replace the helmet.
I've got my eye on a lightweight airbag...
latest report
Definitely need some new boots to replace the wellies I've got at the minute, although not sure when I'm going to find the time and money to get somewhere to get them fitted.

Am trying not to look at anywhere selling skis because I've now got 5 pairs and only really want to ski on one of them (and maybe one other pair for rock hard icy days).
snow report
going all sally , with the qst 99 and shifts for some whistler backcountry days , and some very light fischer travers boots for longer days
snow conditions
@RobH2017,
Quote:

Went to the HH outlet in Cham for a new jkt for me as old one was getting baggy and came out after equipping the whole family with new gear head to toe.

Did you get any discount? This is what I'm thinking, new HH jacket, trousers and maybe gloves, cos mine are are all 7 years old minimum.
ski holidays
leboncoin came up with a worn once indoors still tagged pair of scott voodoo tele boots all in for £125 .. tele forum fcbk came up with NTN freedoms for £100 all in slightly marked and ebay outdid itself with a used twice set of J ski masterblasters for £149 ....
did i need them ? no
did i get them .... ? oh yes snowHead
ski holidays
Got a new helmet and goggles (Sweet protection trooper MIPS and Giro Axis) for no real reason other than I wanted white and they look more cool than my green Giro Edit and Giro Onset combo.

Daishan wrote:

Got some real piste skis for the first time last month, go well in the fridge and should be awesome in Cervinia next week Very Happy

Want some real piste skis. I’d like Rossignol Hero ST or Dynastar speedzone 14 or 16. But I’m still on the fence.

Otherwise I have to console myself with buying stuff for my son, where I can justify he needs it because he’s grown. Got him some Atomic Bent Chetler Mini skis, 155cm long with 90mm waist - think he’ll enjoy them. Need to buy some bindings for them. Mounting them will give me something to do.
snow conditions
@Themasterpiece, I got the speedzone 12's at 166 long (i'm 172cm 65kg) really liking them so far can't wait to give them a proper thrashing.
snow conditions
Nothing...

But that's because in 2017 had ski trip to Park City, Utah...

D@mn you, Jen's ski shop Laughing

1. Got Zipfits for my Atomic Hawx 120's - so now have achieved Ski Boot Nirvana.

2. Jen's also had demo Kastle... oh, the humanity. So now have ex demo MX89s - so that's ski plank nirvana.

3. While I was in the US, it seemed rude not to get a new replacement lens for my Smith I/O 7 goggles - the latest photochromic one, fabulous, and some oversize gloves/mittens for any future -30 degC skiing, and a bonkers lite Arcteryx down body warmer which packs into its own pocket... which with the dryguy neoprene boot covers I already had, should see me skiing (relatively) happily in mental east coast Canada style temps rather than hiding/staying warm in a cafe etc.

errr, that was it.
Mostly.
snow report
New goggles and new footbeds
snow conditions
coops1967 wrote:

1. Got Zipfits for my Atomic Hawx 120's - so now have achieved Ski Boot Nirvana...

Soooo want!!
Pls tell me how good they fit so I can talk myself into it. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ALQ, Zipfits are life-changing. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Got some dedicated piste skis last season so that has justified my purchase of some shiny new Soul 7s because..... Well, I like the colour!
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
@ALQ, Zipfits are life-changing. Toofy Grin

Madeye-Smiley

(But, with the number of pit stops I take nowadays, I’m sooo NOT worth it Laughing )
snow report
I need new ski trousers, my beloved Oakleys are ripped and worn out. Mehhhh. I love them so much.

I also would like some new goggles for sunny conditions and I'd realllllly like new skis but I don't need them.

I want some Volkls with super-grippy edges *sigh*
snow conditions
@ALQ,
Quote:

I’m sooo NOT worth it

Don't be silly, of course you are!
snow conditions
ALQ wrote:
coops1967 wrote:

1. Got Zipfits for my Atomic Hawx 120's - so now have achieved Ski Boot Nirvana...

Soooo want!!
Pls tell me how good they fit so I can talk myself into it. snowHead

here's my original report on them... "the hype is true"
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3221480&highlight=zipfit#3221480

There is only one bad thing.
Sometimes I realise how many years I've wasted NOT having got them before... and the wasted money on other boots, foam liners (Sorefoot), and even an Intuition liner.
ski holidays
Took delivery of some Black Crows Navis last week (merci Sport Conrad...soooooo pretty) and got Shifts on pre-order. Want new helmet, goggles, avi kit and an endless supply of cash thank you please.
snow report
@Meltus, got a pair of them in April from freezepro. They’re great and I can’t wait to get back on them.

New gear for this season will be goggles - something that plays nicely with sweet igniter helmet. Otherwise virtually everything was replaced over the last season or this summer sales.

Just got Patagonia powslayer bibs in their website sale, fortunate to get a £200+ reduction. I like their kit, it fits me well and I like their values/ ethos but £500 rrp for salopettes is rather a lot...
ski holidays
Worth keeping an eye o TK Maxx
They had Level brand gloves last season for a 3rd of the retail price
ski holidays
I'm sorely tempted by some Black Crows Camox Birdies
latest report
I've already bought a new transceiver to replace my old, I may be on the lookout for a new bag as well as heading up to @CEM to get my boots tweaked \ new liners \new boots.
snow report
Damn this thread, now I'm looking for a new 0% credit card rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy