Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2018 / 2019

Poster: A snowHead
Jonpim, that was indeed a good choice, we were amongst the last skiers to get onto Blanchete as Colllosus was running at half speed with two gates shut and thus a huge queue. On the edge of the Bellecote bowl the Blanchette lift stopped, helmets and gloves off coats undone we sunbathed there for half an hour, we then very slowly inched forward watching the queues in Bellcote get larger and larger we assume the back up generator had been fired up as the lift slowly made its way to the top - never really appreciated quite how long that lift is! We saw on internet that the Blanchette was now closed for the day and Collussus would continue to run at half speed. Goodness knows how long the queues would be by closing time... we were back in Monty to go to the Vets in Aime by 4pm...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lazy day today. Ski to Roc des Blanchet deck chairs. Strip off. Sunbathe. Eat sarnies. A drink or two. Then ski back.
Perfick snowHead
(Avoided Bellecote coz Colosses not opening until 1pm)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim, Thats the way to do it Toofy Grin Colosses didn't open until 3.30 ish and then only on half power...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Weekend training ....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had our last day skiing today, we have been right through from opening day, but time to return to the UK this week.
Best way to describe today - scorchio!
Boy was it hot! Lovely day despite the slush, sunshine, and no queues anywhere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@RobinS, have a good journey home. Back next year?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Alastair, Very possibly depending on work opportunities. We have had a good season this year with work that was flexible some of the time, and gave us lots of days off.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fun at Le Bonnet in Bellecote and "the best burgers in town" plus reasonably priced beer!
https://twitter.com/Montalbert73/status/1109439338222358528
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,
Apologies if a bit of this is off topic but wanted to tap into local knowledge.
Out for a week 6th April, first time back in La Plagne since 2003, staying in 1800 - keep the weather/piste conditions coming.
As a Watford fan I'm in need of a BT sports outlet for Sunday afternoon - any in 1800?
I think this Easter week clashes with a French holiday - is it likely to be rammed and with a kiddy with Oxygene in Plagne Centre any tips to miss early morning queues when getting out and about generally in an efficient way?
Lastly - any little known end of season deals or tips on getting cheaper lift passes? The family pack, with us being 2 adults and three children, looks best option from a quick browse of the website but I'm aware French resorts often run late deals.
All advice gratefully received. Cheers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MajorMarmaduke, try bar La Mine link
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm also out week of 7th April and hoping not too busy (sorry can't help with the footy) When I checked French holidays they are staggered so only one of the zones is off that week and not the Paris one thankfully! Haven't seen any cheap lift pass deals but maybe someone else can advise. Also if anyone is skiing around solo, I'm going to be in Les Coches and wouldn't mind a buddy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@MajorMarmaduke, If nowhere in 1800, Spitting Feathers at Bellecote has BT sport and Sky. It's just a free navette ride away.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@MajorMarmaduke, La Mine had football on over Christmas when we were out there but couldn't say if that was BT or Sky.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How are the conditions looking at the moment? I'm tempted by Belle Plagne for our Easter trip next year (4th-11th April 2020), so thought I'd try and get a gauge of typical conditions at this time of year... snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Handy Turnip, Spent last week in Peisey Vallandry and skied over to LP most days. Couldn't fault the conditions for the time of year, yes it was a bit slushy lower down towards the end of the day but in the main it was great.
snow report
Thanks @RedorDead, much appreciated!
snow report
@Handy Turnip, haven't been over to LP for a week or so but piste conditions in Les Arcs holding up very well.
snow report
Thanks @Alastair Very Happy
snow report
Finally booked up Neilson Chalet Hotel Turquoise for March '20! First time taking the kids, so looking forward to it being a great family ski trip! Anyone have any experiences with the chalet/hotel? I booked this one for the ski in ski out, as the thought of carrying all that gear around didn't appeal at all!

The boys (8&7 at time of travel) are booked into the Oxygen ski school? Any good?
snow conditions
Roscoe, Chalet Turquoise (Belle Plagne) has come up a number of times, on this thread (eg hannalucy Jan 15) and elsewhere. Try the search function.
Its been owned by various people over the years. Not been in for some time, but used to be popular coz did big mugs of Hot Chocky and would allow us to eat our sandwiches in the bar.
ski holidays
Almost at the end of the another season ... (Lifts close 27/4)
Some sad news- cut and pasted from Facebook

www.PERSo-LAPLAGNE.fr.

Message from the webmaster
After more than 16 years of existence, I decided to end the adventure.
You noticed it, and many are those who wondered what was going on and sent me a message (and I thank them), the site has been frozen since last fall.
After months of reflection, I decided to put an end to this beautiful adventure that was www.PERSo-LAPLAGNE.fr.
Life sometimes makes you want to move on to something else. This is the case for this site, open when I was 18 years old... you can easily design that I've been around the question...
For all these years (16 years old! ) I have made available everything I received as information, memories, archives, photos, with a very unexpected success (2,8 million visits) and messages of thanks by hundreds. But enriching such a site is a lot of work and I often missed the time...
Historian, I was passionate about this story of men and women, and with Agnes and Alain, we worked to write the novel, with the hope that it is a day published. Hope showered on many covers despite the quality of this story that surpasses in my opinion, the previously edited ones. That's why we published it and left for free to read all.
Because of I don't know what "political chilliness", this perfectly authentic work, sourced and built as any historian must do it, has never been used to good use. I have been available on many occasions to work to highlight this beautiful story. My outstretched hand has often been denied. I regret it with all the more bitterness than die, one after the others, the people who have entrusted me with their memories. So if, our work has been used, but it has actually been looted without permission by the tourist authorities, making the right of author.
With all this is the motivation that went away.
And then the time has changed. When I created this site the social networks did not exist, the station did not communicate about its projects, the municipalities had no website, and the one in la plagne was outdated and never updated... today all this Is different, and this site is no longer as essential as it could be to learn more about la plagne.
The site will no longer be updated and it will disappear when I stop paying for the accommodation. But it won't be right away, out of respect for all those who helped me, and out of respect for the loyal readers I've had so long.
Thanks again to all,
Friendly,
RG RG RG
ski holidays
A real shame as it was often the easiest way to find information on new lifts etc. Please all do continue to share such news and developments on here as frequently as possible - the pictures of the new lifts in progress keep me motivated during summer months! Thanks for sharing the post @boredsurfin,
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, that's a real shame as @chopkins13 says. It was always a good way to find out what was going on.
ski holidays
Yes, agree with all above: a real shame. It was a great site.
Now its up to you boredsurfin: you always seem to get the inside news before anyone else snowHead
snow report
@Jonpim, I just hope someone takes Perso over, there is such a depth of detailed knowledge there, the list of old current and removed lifts must surely be second to none!

Romain has added on Facebook that the forum will continue.
snow conditions
Last week of the season! Anyone still there, and how are the conditions holding up?
snow report
Hope to be over that side tomorrow. Will post an update if we get there! The weather is very mixed right now.
snow conditions
Cheers @snowcrazy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As today was spent mainly over in La Plagne. Here is my update for today.
The sun came out very briefly and the wind started to blow right from the start of the morning. Despite warnings of possible lift closures we kept to our plan and headed over to La Plagne for the day.

Starting from Les Coches we soon found the higher lifts on the Bellecote and Roche de Mio would not be opening. Time for plan B.

Over to Belle Plagne and down into Plagne Bellecote where we were more sheltered from the wind. The pistes were in good condition and so we decided to make a tour of whatever we could find open.

Made it to the top of the Grand Rochette and found the wind again. Champagny side was mostly closed so back towards Plagne Centre via the Indian Gully. Then up to the Glass Restaurant above Montalbert and all the way down through the forest to Le Forperet Restaurant for a nice lunch.

Into the village and all the way back across La Plagne to the Vanoise Express. Another fast ski to Arc 1800 and then past the waterslide which was deserted again today when we passed and down to Arc 1600 then home.

It was a very windy day with the light coming and going, but the pistes were generally in good conditions everywhere we went in the morning. In the afternoon the pistes became quite soft and slushy. Despite the wind it was still warm and a pleasant day to make a grand tour of the ski area. Even the marmots came out during the sunny spells.

Tomorrow they are predicting more bad weather. It will be an interesting day!
ski holidays
Well! Who would have thought it? Especially after such recent warm weather and the thunder storm on Wednesday afternoon.
But, this morning woke up to everything white: roofs, trees, ground, cars, everything!!
At least 5cm, maybe more. Amazing!
Winter returns just as season ends.

(of course it won't last, and this often happens: have left resorts at end of Easter in better condition than at the start.
And rain forecast for later today to wash it all away . . . so it goes)
latest report
Pi$$ed with rain overnight in Champagny @1250m, but had turned to snow as @jonpim said, with roofs, grass etc white at valley level by morning.
Plenty of fresh tracks to be made in snow between 5 -25 cm depending on altitude. Glacier was ace today with boot-deep freshies to be had snowHead
Still falling as snow showers at valley level in the late afternoon...
ski holidays
@snowcrazy, We love Le Forperet , great little restaurant
snow report
geoffers, it was an interesting day: lovely above 2000m but progressively grotty below that.
We retired before lunch, but the sun kept re-appearing all day.
A trickle of snow overnight, but all melted now and a rather dull day today.
We're staying in and packing up - hope you enjoy the Borseliers Barbecue.
latest report
As it was the last day of the season the plan was to do the whole Paradiski area. Over to La Plagne and we started to see untouched fresh snow higher up so a run down the hidden valley, then the meadows below the Brown trouser ridge and finally all the way down the Champagny Gully before lunch at the picnic hut. Having missed out on the Champagny side a few days before it was good to ski this area and have the chance for some nice off piste at the same time. However it did mean that we would not cover the whole ski domain, but I think this change of plan was more fun!

After lunch up top of Verdon Sud and down the North facing slope off piste in nice spring snow. Then into the Indian gully which I did alone again as the others took the piste route down, then a fast piste ski all the way to the top of the Les Coches side.

For me one final off piste route down under the chair and through the trees to the Les Coches gondola before heading to the Vanoise Express.

It was a much better finish to the season for me this year. Although not as good as yesterday so others kept reminding me, the fresh snow last night had made the conditions nice for our last day. Back over to Les Arcs and a fast ski on piste to our hot Chocolate stop then home via the Snowpark and the Waterslide! Another fun season comes to an end!! Sad Toofy Grin snowHead

Hope you enjoy the video and photos from today. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/
snow report
Because we were there last week I thought we should at least try the Envers lift. Gosh, who thought they could improve on several thousand years of seat design by putting a weird curve in it to dig into the sides of your legs? Anyway. My ski app (Navionics) is so old it thought we were on the Coqs lift:

https://cdn1.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/4/28/e30a0bdba6e5111948b0ec12bb7c7b4a-full.jpg

Happy days....

boredsurfin wrote:
The Envers chairlift continues to run (slowly) and is well used, however the seats as previously mentioned are a bit of a problem, the red ones are cracking and the black ones are de-laminating... so hopefully the rumour that they will all be replaced for the summer is true - or the rumour that Poma will build a complete replacement in the summer would be better
snow report
I see from the Grand Rochette webcam that there's major building work going on in Plagne Soleil. Does anyone know if this means the end of the Dou Du Praz piste that goes past the back of the chalets down to the Bergerie lift ?
snow conditions
ukredsox, you could well be right. If you look at the close-up picture of Plagne Soleil it does indeed look like a great chunk of the hill has been removed and any run down the back blocked by building or trees.
(I never knew there was a run down that way . . . )
snow conditions
We often stay near the top of the row of chalets. Therefore, our main route back in the afternoon is to ski down Ecartee/Bergerie, get the DDP drag as if heading back over to PB but turn left upon dismounting. This piste goes round the back of the upper PS chalets and then on down to the bottom of the Bergerie chair.

If the piste round the back of PS is now blocked off, at the start of the day we'll have to hoof it down through PS to get on the piste somewhere near Monica's
snow conditions
This might help, to me it looks like they are improving the Dou du Praz piste down to Bergerie, (and building yet more accommodation) including widening the little side turning to avoid the falling masses..

snow conditions
boredsurfin, thank you for the excellent picture, and explanation.
Did you take it yourself? You out there now? We've not done a summer stint this year - went to Iceland instead.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy