Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What to bring during the day?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I’m new Smile
I am going skiing for the third time this February and never brought a bag or anything with me throughout the day. I just kept it in my pockets. However I think it’s probably a good idea to bring a small bag.
What should I carry with me throughout the day.
There are places to stop for food and drink so it should be fine in that sense. What do you bring with you for the day? Smile
Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi! I am a minimalist so I carry money, a mini-twix and a lipsalve. If the weather is fine I take sunglasses; Cat 1 goggles if cloudy or snowy; both if variable! That's it. I can't abide rucksacks or pockets stuffed for every eventuality. Un-encumbered skiing is blissful....
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IMO. If you are staying on piste and the weather is stable, there is no real need to bring anything more than you can fit in your pockets.

If the weather is changeable, spare Gloves/Goggles/Extra clothes/Scarf/Balaclava/Snack etc can be useful. If you like to do a lot of hydrating, then some water is a good idea.

If going Off Piste, then the rules change.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Carrying a bag can be a bit of a pain. Plus you need to make sure it's all secure or you could get it stuck on the chair lift! I tuck everything in my pockets including a ham and cheese sandwich. If things have gone well it's been nicely flattened and warmed up by the time I eat it. Pretty much in panini territory NehNeh I also carry a piste map, my googles (prettty much always, been caught out before and it was horrible), money and vaseline.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Hi! I am a minimalist so I carry money, a mini-twix and a lipsalve. If the weather is fine I take sunglasses; Cat 1 goggles if cloudy or snowy; both if variable! That's it. I can't abide rucksacks or pockets stuffed for every eventuality. Un-encumbered skiing is blissful....

Hi! Thanks so much for replying!
It sounds like I’ll be sticking to my old plan then! Id di wonder what people did on the chairlifts!
I haven’t bought my new ski jacket yet, my old one is a roxy one I bought when I was 12 and it doesn’t fit very well now I’m almost 17 so I’m looking forward to a new one but I’m going to need to find one with pockets. I’ll only be on piste anyway but I won’t be with anyone in the mornings as they’re at ski school so I’ll have to take everything I’ll need.
I will definately remeber a chap stick, my phone (although it turns off when too cold and the forecast is set for in the -20 Celsius at the moment so I’ll need to put it somewhere it’ll stay warm!) some money and I will carry my sun glasses with me although I tend to only wear my goggles!
Thanks so much for replying Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Old Fartbag wrote:
IMO. If you are staying on piste and the weather is stable, there is no real need to bring anything more than you can fit in your pockets.

If the weather is changeable, spare Gloves/Goggles/Extra clothes/Scarf/Balaclava/Snack etc can be useful. If you like to do a lot of hydrating, then some water is a good idea.

If going Off Piste, then the rules change.

Hi! Thanks so much for replying! Only staying on piste, it should be generally the same conditions all day so I will be sticking with just pockets thanks to all the advice to do so!
I will just be bringing the essentials like money, glasses and phone and possibly a smalll snack although I tend to be too excited and busy to get hungry! (Until lunch that is!! Smile )
Thanks again
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bellelovessnow, And please carry some id, and your friends in resort contact numbers, written down and easily find able in a pocket. (From a Mum who had 17 year olds occasionally skiing on their own lol)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowPloughPrincess wrote:
Carrying a bag can be a bit of a pain. Plus you need to make sure it's all secure or you could get it stuck on the chair lift! I tuck everything in my pockets including a ham and cheese sandwich. If things have gone well it's been nicely flattened and warmed up by the time I eat it. Pretty much in panini territory NehNeh I also carry a piste map, my googles (prettty much always, been caught out before and it was horrible), money and vaseline.

Thanks so much for replying! Due to all the advice I’ve decided I won’t be taking a bag and just putting the basics in my pockets!
The self heated Panini sounds excellent!! Smile I’ll definately be wearing my goggles but I’ll carry my sunglasses too, a map (I had forgot about this! I’ll be okay after a couple of days as it’s a smallish size resort (around 40km of slopes) ) and ill definately be taking a chapstick and money! I now need to find a new ski jacket with lots of easy access pockets!! Smile thankyou so much for replying
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CaravanSkier wrote:
@bellelovessnow, And please carry some id, and your friends in resort contact numbers, written down and easily find able in a pocket. (From a Mum who had 17 year olds occasionally skiing on their own lol)

I will do! I keep everything that’s important attached to a lanyard on my outer sleeve pocket so I will remember to write down numbers and take ID alongside my lift pass Smile thanks so much
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
This thread is worth a read....lots of great advice: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=141372#3349885

If skiing in France, it is worth getting Carre Neige and keeping the receipt on you.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Old Fartbag wrote:
This thread is worth a read....lots of great advice: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=141372#3349885

If skiing in France, it is worth getting Carre Neige and keeping the receipt on you.

I’ll be in Finland this year, will definately read the thread you linked , thanks very much! Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skiing core season there's no need for most people to wear a backpack - I only wear one because I have prescription goggles, so need glasses and sunglasses for pit stops, and experience has taught me landing on a hard glasses case hurts.

Early/late season it's a useful place to keep an extra layer. I've had some lovely days spring skiing in just a t-shirt...till the sun drops below the mountain and you need to pop a fleece on sharpish.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mjit wrote:
Skiing core season there's no need for most people to wear a backpack - I only wear one because I have prescription goggles, so need glasses and sunglasses for pit stops, and experience has taught me landing on a hard glasses case hurts.

Early/late season it's a useful place to keep an extra layer. I've had some lovely days spring skiing in just a t-shirt...till the sun drops below the mountain and you need to pop a fleece on sharpish.

Thanks so much for replying, I’ve decided to definately not take a bag and will just use pockets. It’s in the mid -20s there now and is predicted a little warmer for when we go but not much, still around -20!
I’m buying a new jacket and pants as the old ones are getting a bit snug and it’s lookibg like I’ll need to get plenty of good thermals for these temps! I’ve never skiied in that cold before. The same location a couple of years ago was around -6~-10 (unusually warm year apparently) and previously in Austria -5 ish but sun shining down made it quite hot!
I’m not sure of how I’ll keep warm enough here. So if anyone reading this has recommendations of really warm thermals/general gear or tips it’d be really appreciated Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@bellelovessnow, Plenty of layers.

Sports Direct online have some good reductions at the moment, but limited sizes available. Some mid layers now only £8

(Using up a credit note from a returned xmas pressie - wrong size)
Got same mid layer in correct size, extra mid layer, extra base layer and zip off trousers for original price Very Happy Very Happy

Arrived yesterday, look decent quality. will test them on BB next week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bellelovessnow, Look for a new Jacket that you can zip a fleece inside. I usually take a small day pack. Just big enough to stuff the fleece in if it gets too warm.

Put the phone in the fleece pocket to protect it from the cold

If you were old enough to drink rolling eyes rolling eyes , I would recommend a hip flask with an appropriate warming substance in it. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sat 26-01-19 18:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@bellelovessnow, Aldi had some decent skiwear in last week. If you're lucky, you might still get some decent thermals/base layer.
latest report
brianatab wrote:
@bellelovessnow, Look for a new Jacket that you can zip a fleece inside. I usually take a small day pack. Just big enough to stuff the fleece in if it gets too warm.

Put the phone in the fleece pocket to protect it from the cold

If you were old enough to drink rolling eyes rolling eyes , I would recommend a hip flask with an appropriate warming substance in it. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Haha I’ll have to stick to hot chocolates wink but I will definately be getting a new jacket. I usually wear thermal leggings and long sleeved thermal top, a pullover fleece top and then jacket and pants however I was cold last year on the bottom so may need to look at better thermals. I’ll check out Aldi and sports direct, Thankyou. I think I’m going for the Columbia Bugaboo pants this year and I’m not sure on which jacket. Last couple of times I had te tight fitting pants and they weren’t very nice for getting thermals under. I wear gloves and then my mittens and always a helmet although I need to buy one this year. Thanks so much for the help Smile
ski holidays
bellelovessnow wrote:
It’s in the mid -20s there now and is predicted a little warmer for when we go but not much, still around -20!...I’m not sure of how I’ll keep warm enough here.

1. As brianatab said, layers. When you buy your new jacket ideally you want one that fits both in just a base layer and when wearing a thicker jumper/hoodie/fleece.. That should cover you for spring trips but also let you layer-up if it turns out to be cold.
2. I find I'm OK when actually skiing but start to feel it sat still on chairs so if there's a cold wind blowing look for chairs with canopies, gondolas and the chairs up sheltered gullies rather than those along exposed ridges.
3. Stop (more often) for coffee, and if that doesn't work vin chaud/Jagertea. If you've gotten cold stop for long enough to properly warm back up too, rather than feel you need to get back out there ASAP. If the people you're skiing with don't want to wait for them tell them to do a chair+run back to where you are and have cake.
snow report
@bellelovessnow, lots of bargain second hand helmets on ebay at the moment. (often with only one week useage). Get an expensive brand name helmet for the price of a starting price helmet. Also unused Aldi and Trespass helmets on offer still in the box unused. (seem to go for under a score)

I accumulate lots of kit and things to carry over time. I used to ski without a rucksack when I was learning to ski. Probably easier to get up after a fall, and easier to avoid problems on lifts.

Ski carry straps I used to use in ski resorts, rarely use them now as I tend to take a rucksack and attach skis there. Lots of straps, and compression straps. Basic first aid kit. Mobile phone. Zardoz not wax puck and wax bottle. Flask of coffee. Sunscreen. Spare goggles or sunglasses for when the one I am using gets misted up or lost. Face masks for when my nose gets cold. Etc. etc. I also have some more esoteric things like a small emergency sewing kit, a swiss army knive, a small pocket radio, a wind up torch with a connector to charge my mobile phone. and so on.... (eg. hand warmers which heat up on click of button and reuse by boiling in hot water for 15 minutes)

I also take a camera, as my mobile phone is a G2 phone which I only use in emergencies. Second hand cameras on ebay for bargain prices. My current camera was £20, sold new for £80-£100 superceeded my many new versions. I still have the digital camera I bought in 2004 which works, but I wanted one which had more than 3.1 Megapixels so that I could get them enlarged. The use of a cheap camera when skiing is advised, as damp wet damage loss can occur. I also attach a selfie attachement to my ski poles. Can act as a tripod, or just some distance between the camera and my hand. (you will see someone make ski poles with camaera attachements soon) Also get a camera which takes normal batteries, and take spare batteries.
snow report
A buff / neckwarmer/ thin balaclava, that you can full up over your face -particularly if it will be -20
ski holidays
brianatab wrote:
...If you were old enough to drink rolling eyes rolling eyes , I would recommend a hip flask with an appropriate warming substance in it. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Mjit wrote:
Stop (more often) for coffee, and if that doesn't work vin chaud/Jagertea.

Drinking alcohol to keep warm is a myth. It may have a temporary effect, but it will dilate the blood vessels and lead to an overall loss of body heat.

There may of course be other reasons to drink it! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Having a coffee from my flask with an egg roll in February 2013, taken with my old digital camera 176k

Stopping for drink of water with my rucksack December 2017 taken with new digital camera 5.4Mb
ski holidays
ecureuil wrote:
A buff / neckwarmer/ thin balaclava, that you can full up over your face -particularly if it will be -20

^^ this, preferabley 2, one for the neck and one tucked up into the back of your helmet. Having skied in -21C In Norway, having buff meeting goggles and virtually no skin exposed was essential. Actually body temp wasn’t too bad, I think I just had a couple of base layers, fleece and jacket. Keeping your body warm keeps your hands warm - odd but true.

If you too hot, you can always take off a base layer and tie / wrap it around your waist inside your salopettes braces. No need for a backpack when piste skiing.
latest report
I normally wear a backpack but I normally expect to be offpiste some of the day.
When the kids were small I also wanted to carry spare layer, gloves, snacks, buffs, water.
Off piste conditions were rubbish over NY and as a result I didn't use a pack at all.
latest report
if taking a backpack, try to get one that doesn't have loads of bits hanging off it, or bungee cord to stuff things in, just something plain and simple that has less chance of catch something on the ski lift (just as you're getting off) Very Happy snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/GV0XA07S-5U

To be honest, I always used to ski with a backpack when I was learning - not just food, but layers, spare gloves, change of goggles, drinks, etc.

Haven't used one for a while now, but... I was thinking of using one this trip, as we are away from the lifts and the town centre, so I'm thinking of taking a change of footwear so I can walk around apres ski without having to wear my ski boots... but I feel nesh just thinking about it Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
Mjit wrote:
bellelovessnow wrote:
It’s in the mid -20s there now and is predicted a little warmer for when we go but not much, still around -20!...I’m not sure of how I’ll keep warm enough here.

1. As brianatab said, layers. When you buy your new jacket ideally you want one that fits both in just a base layer and when wearing a thicker jumper/hoodie/fleece.. That should cover you for spring trips but also let you layer-up if it turns out to be cold.
2. I find I'm OK when actually skiing but start to feel it sat still on chairs so if there's a cold wind blowing look for chairs with canopies, gondolas and the chairs up sheltered gullies rather than those along exposed ridges.
3. Stop (more often) for coffee, and if that doesn't work vin chaud/Jagertea. If you've gotten cold stop for long enough to properly warm back up too, rather than feel you need to get back out there ASAP. If the people you're skiing with don't want to wait for them tell them to do a chair+run back to where you are and have cake.

I have got now a full set of thermals (merino wool) 1 dare2be fleece top and an getting another couple.
I definately got cold on lifts last time around and let myself carry on for too long and got a bit miserable. So I will be stopping more frequently now and hopefully my new gear will be a bit warmer! Smile thanks so much for replying!
snow report
Bigtipper wrote:
@bellelovessnow, lots of bargain second hand helmets on ebay at the moment. (often with only one week useage). Get an expensive brand name helmet for the price of a starting price helmet. Also unused Aldi and Trespass helmets on offer still in the box unused. (seem to go for under a score)

I accumulate lots of kit and things to carry over time. I used to ski without a rucksack when I was learning to ski. Probably easier to get up after a fall, and easier to avoid problems on lifts.

Ski carry straps I used to use in ski resorts, rarely use them now as I tend to take a rucksack and attach skis there. Lots of straps, and compression straps. Basic first aid kit. Mobile phone. Zardoz not wax puck and wax bottle. Flask of coffee. Sunscreen. Spare goggles or sunglasses for when the one I am using gets misted up or lost. Face masks for when my nose gets cold. Etc. etc. I also have some more esoteric things like a small emergency sewing kit, a swiss army knive, a small pocket radio, a wind up torch with a connector to charge my mobile phone. and so on.... (eg. hand warmers which heat up on click of button and reuse by boiling in hot water for 15 minutes)

I also take a camera, as my mobile phone is a G2 phone which I only use in emergencies. Second hand cameras on ebay for bargain prices. My current camera was £20, sold new for £80-£100 superceeded my many new versions. I still have the digital camera I bought in 2004 which works, but I wanted one which had more than 3.1 Megapixels so that I could get them enlarged. The use of a cheap camera when skiing is advised, as damp wet damage loss can occur. I also attach a selfie attachement to my ski poles. Can act as a tripod, or just some distance between the camera and my hand. (you will see someone make ski poles with camaera attachements soon) Also get a camera which takes normal batteries, and take spare batteries.

Thanks so much for replying!
I have decided to go without a bag as i don’t think I’ll need it and a bit worried about getting it stuck in lifts! Embarassed
I am going to bring a cheap camera as you recommended and am looking online at lots of second hand ski stuff. I’m going to try on in store and see which I like an if I can find online!
Thanks again
snow report
ecureuil wrote:

Thanks so much!
It’s -20 predictions for when we’re there and I will definately get a buff. I saw some in snow and rock the other day and wondered if theyd be useful so I’m glad to hear they are. I’m going to try and cover as much up as possible! Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
t4tomo wrote:
ecureuil wrote:

^^ this, preferabley 2, one for the neck and one tucked up into the back of your helmet. Having skied in -21C In Norway, having buff meeting goggles and virtually no skin exposed was essential. Actually body temp wasn’t too bad, I think I just had a couple of base layers, fleece and jacket. Keeping your body warm keeps your hands warm - odd but true.

If you too hot, you can always take off a base layer and tie / wrap it around your waist inside your salopettes braces. No need for a backpack when piste skiing.

Thanks so much for replying!
I’m going to aim for full length thermals, fleece top jacket, pants and double gloves and then mitts and double socks. I’m trying to get a high neck fleece that will hopefully reach to base of my helmet however if I don’t find one abuff tucked into helmet is a great idea!
I’m definately going to keep as little exposed as possible and take extras, first day will probably be a learning curve! Smile
snow report
jedster wrote:
I normally wear a backpack but I normally expect to be offpiste some of the day.
When the kids were small I also wanted to carry spare layer, gloves, snacks, buffs, water.
Off piste conditions were rubbish over NY and as a result I didn't use a pack at all.

Thanks for replying!
I’ve decided against a backpack as I’m only staying on piste and don’t think I’ll need one but I’ll decuabtely be bringing extra thermals and fleeces away with me. I think the first day will be a lesson in how much I’ll need to layer up! Smile
snow conditions
Sack the Juggler wrote:
if taking a backpack, try to get one that doesn't have loads of bits hanging off it, or bungee cord to stuff things in, just something plain and simple that has less chance of catch something on the ski lift (just as you're getting off) Very Happy snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/GV0XA07S-5U

To be honest, I always used to ski with a backpack when I was learning - not just food, but layers, spare gloves, change of goggles, drinks, etc.

Haven't used one for a while now, but... I was thinking of using one this trip, as we are away from the lifts and the town centre, so I'm thinking of taking a change of footwear so I can walk around apres ski without having to wear my ski boots... but I feel nesh just thinking about it Very Happy snowHead

Thanks so much for the reply!
I’ve decide against a back due to not actually think I’ll need one and being scared about getting stuck/embarrassing myself on a lift! Embarassed
We’re in ski in ski out accommodation so worst comes to worse I’ll go back and get extra fleece etc as it’s not a huge resort and there are plenty of places to stop for drinks!
I’m bringing a camera and my phone so depending on the number of pockets in my new ski jacket (when I choose it!) I may bring a waist bag but not sure how comfy it’d be!
It’d be more sensible for me to just choose a jacket with plenty of space and easy access to the pockets!
I think taking your other shoes is a really smart idea! Ski boots aren’t the nicest to walk around in when your not attached to the skis haha
latest report
If heading out all day for piste skiing in France (where I normally go), I would be taking with me the following:
- lift pass with carré neige receipt;
- piste map
- phone
- appartment key
- goggles/sunglasses
- lunch money (or card)
- lip balm (apply at lunch and on the odd lift if needed)
- sunscreen; haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I usually re-apply before setting off after lunch (my family has a history of skin cancer so I'm a bit paranoid about this admittedly)
- water (I tend to sweat a lot, so like to re-hydrate)
- snacks (chocolate or dried fruit)

This would all fit in pockets, except perhaps the water, but what we'll usually do is take it in turns in our group to take a small pack which can carry stuff for the group. This also means that if you get hot (which admittedly probably won't happen much in Finland Very Happy) you have the option of removing your scarf, etc.
snow report
^^^+1. I take pretty much exactly the same, but would add:
- EHIC card, plus a copy of passport / insurance / local accommodation or next of kin details
- (if skiing alone) a whistle
latest report
Oh yes, forgot EHIC card + contact details (which would normally be in my card holder with the lunch money).
ski holidays
In case it's helpful, there's a nice EHIC app for phones which allows you to capture the important details.

Alternatively just take a photo of your card?
ski holidays
@bellelovessnow,
Quote:

I’ve decided against a backpack

Very good decision! For some people they are essential but for the majority they are completely unncessary.
snow conditions
I only carry what I can easily fit in pockets without bulk (a friend with whom I ski, has all pockets bulging (plastic water bottle plus God knows what else) AND wears a waist bag (bum bag) under her jacket - I’d find all that very uncomfortable. So, in my wrist pocket is my lift pass and folded copy of insurance info, inside pocket has my EHIC, plus cheap reading glasses (don’t want to risk falling and snapping prescription specs), phone, lip salve, couple of tissues and a mini chocolate bar distributed across other pockets. Bit of cash in trouser pocket. That’s all I’ve ever needed.
snow report
bellelovessnow wrote:
Hi everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place, I’m new Smile
I am going skiing for the third time this February and never brought a bag or anything with me throughout the day. I just kept it in my pockets. However I think it’s probably a good idea to bring a small bag.
What should I carry with me throughout the day.
There are places to stop for food and drink so it should be fine in that sense. What do you bring with you for the day? Smile
Thanks!

I am heading the other way , I will bring my backpack along to the BB in case we do an off piste guided day (and it is my travel hand luggage) but for general piste skiing , I am going bagless.

Had a bag on during new year week and it is such a faff to take on and off at the lifts (and the signs at the chair lifts are very clear - remove backpacks).

And I did I really need the things I had with me in the bag ...?

water ? Nope , just stop and rehydrate with a big raddler at lunch ...
extra layer ? I will try and cope . Look at conditions / forecast and layer appropriately.
snack ? put in a pocket
Heated glove liners? just wear them !
Sunglasses - pocket or just leave behind.
snow report
I carry a small "cycling" backpack. A sandwich, a power pack for charging the phone, mittens (in case the gloves are not warm enough) and heating pads. Food can be important because you cannot always get it at the slope, or the stuff available is junk, or €50 for a small meal.

There is another aspect: often you cannot get a hotel near the lift (those hotels get booked out fast), or there is no bus stop near the lift, so if you like getting to the lift early (always a good idea to beat the crowds) you may have to walk in normal boots, and then you have to do something with them. Some people ski with them (needs a slightly bigger backpack) or they put them in a bag which they leave hanging somewhere. It is very unlikely to get stolen especially they are old boots. I once stayed in an apartment at the top of about 200 steps. Horrible to go down it in ski boots.
latest report
I think that the issue of backpack ties getting caught in seating is overstated. 25 years ago, yes, a lot of lift seating was slatted and you could easily get a clip caught between the slats. Now, even older chairs (at least where I ski in the 4 Valleys) have cushion seating. I don't see anyone here taking their backpack off to get on a chair, and I don't take mine off. Yes, I'd still avoid backpacks with pointless clips and ties dangling off them, but I think it's far safer than carrying hard objects in your pockets. I may be biased because I had a couple of heavy tumbles where hard stuff in my pockets bruised me badly: mobile 'phone, frozen Twix bar (sic), camera and even coins: so now, I carry a minimum of stuff in my pockets ad everything else in is my backpack.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy